View Full Version : Dez,Dez,Dez!

soonerstan56
3/22/2011, 10:41 PM
Dude, just pull up your pants.

Stan

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6248159

Mongo
3/22/2011, 10:43 PM
I am sure the cop wasnt being a dildo. They never are.

EatLeadCommie
3/22/2011, 11:02 PM
Northpark is upscale and, like most shopping malls, is private property. You won't last long in there if you're dressed like you're in the hood.

Leroy Lizard
3/22/2011, 11:28 PM
Real professional on Dez' part.

AlboSooner
3/22/2011, 11:29 PM
Dez never gets in trouble, and doesn't have a problem with authority.

SoonerPr8r
3/23/2011, 12:10 AM

With 4 separate incidences in the same place I am sure that is exactly what it is. :rolleyes:

MamaMia
3/23/2011, 12:15 AM
The article says he had a history of causing trouble at that mall; parking in a no parking zone, raising a ruckus in one of the restaurants with an unknown lady and taking cuts at the register.

He must like confrontation since he keeps returning to a mall where he has a bad reputation. Its not as if there aren't other malls to go to.

How on earth do mall police get involved with somebody taking cuts? :confused: I see people do that every time I go shopping. Its happened to me. I just let it go. Its just not a battle I would pick.

texaspokieokie
3/23/2011, 06:42 AM
What is "taking cuts @ the register" ???

Boomer.....
3/23/2011, 07:52 AM
Only 1 year into the league and already problems.

Spray
3/23/2011, 08:06 AM
Tangentially related question- with no CBA, can Goodell take any actions against players for "behavior detrimental to the image of the league"?

C&CDean
3/23/2011, 08:09 AM
You can take the thug outta the hood, but you can't take the hood outta the thug. Punkassed punk.

Soonerwake
3/23/2011, 08:28 AM
It has nothing to do with the pants. The point is that he believes that he is above the rules, and can do whatever the hell he wants to do. :mad:

picasso
3/23/2011, 08:29 AM

I don't blame 'em. For all they know you could be the guy who tries to shoot them.

C&CDean
3/23/2011, 08:43 AM
When I do my daily constitutional up here in DC I see all the punks doing the major sag thing - only now they're wearing skinny pants. WTF? I don't even know how they get their feet through the legs of them things. They also have to shuffle when they walk.

Mixer!
3/23/2011, 08:43 AM
http://www.about-knowledge.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/pants-on-the-ground-guy-larry-platt.jpg

sooner518
3/23/2011, 08:48 AM

One article I read said that he cut in line at the apple store. I assume that means he cut in line when the iPhone or ipad was released and there was a huge line at the store.

Mongo
3/23/2011, 08:56 AM
With 4 separate incidences in the same place I am sure that is exactly what it is. :rolleyes:

I am not excusing the professional athlete's dildoness either. You make bank, play for one of the best organizations in the nfl, you need to act/dress like it.

I guess crime in that area is so low, public servant cops have time and resources to mess with people that have ****ty fashion sense.

texaspokieokie
3/23/2011, 09:03 AM
One article I read said that he cut in line at the apple store. I assume that means he cut in line when the iPhone or ipad was released and there was a huge line at the store.

thanx !!

guess i ain't "hip".

TheHumanAlphabet
3/23/2011, 09:07 AM

Have you never heard or used the phrase "cutting in line"?

SoonerinSouthlake
3/23/2011, 09:11 AM
Since I wasnt there...here is a guess at how this situation works.

1. The Northpark people want to keep the mall reasonably clear of thug looking individuals (of any race) with pants on the ground....where as not to scare off the women who go into Nieman Marcus to drop $2500 on a couple pair of shoes.

2. Dez and his buddies were walking around there with aforementioned pants on the ground and looking like aforementioned thugs

3. Dez has TWO other incidents there (both others involving police)

4. Dez HAS a reason to feel racially profiled...because the aforementioned women who spend $2500 on shoes do probably complain about the "pants on the ground African Americans"

5. Dez takes his feelings about being racially profiled....combines them with what seems anger towards the MAN and anger towards the county's racial injustice...and acts like a complete ARSE when approached.

all indicates to me.....

6. IF/WHEN the Dez starts really, really producing for the Cowboys...he will be the new Dallas Cowboy headache

SoonerPr8r
3/23/2011, 09:23 AM
I am not excusing the professional athlete's dildoness either. You make bank, play for one of the best organizations in the nfl, you need to act/dress like it.

I guess crime in that area is so low, public servant cops have time and resources to mess with people that have ****ty fashion sense.

The article also states that the mall is a private institution meaning that if someone breaks the rules of that institution they have the right to kick them the eph out. The rules do not have to coincide with any particular law, but if their mall cops try to enforce one of said rules and the patron refuses to comply then what they do is call the cops. The cops are answering a call. They don't get to refuse to answer calls. They have to go and take care of whatever situation is going on. If they were being "dildos" they would have put handcuffs on him as soon as they showed up the first time without listening to a word anyone had to say. With as belligerent as Dez was reported to be, it seems that the cops were being pretty patient. Maybe it was because they were dealing with a rich and famous man but who knows.

texaspokieokie
3/23/2011, 09:24 AM
Have you never heard or used the phrase "cutting in line"?

Why, yes i have.

BigJerm7
3/23/2011, 09:29 AM
Stay classy Dez.

toast
3/23/2011, 09:30 AM
Makes me appreciate public figures who go about their business the right way, never causing any problems and who have their act together.

Caboose
3/23/2011, 10:17 AM
Since I wasnt there...here is a guess at how this situation works.

1. The Northpark people want to keep the mall reasonably clear of thug looking individuals (of any race) with pants on the ground....where as not to scare off the women who go into Nieman Marcus to drop $2500 on a couple pair of shoes.

2. Dez and his buddies were walking around there with aforementioned pants on the ground and looking like aforementioned thugs

3. Dez has TWO other incidents there (both others involving police)

4. Dez HAS a reason to feel racially profiled...because the aforementioned women who spend $2500 on shoes do probably complain about the "pants on the ground African Americans"

5. Dez takes his feelings about being racially profiled....combines them with what seems anger towards the MAN and anger towards the countries racial injustice...and acts like a complete ARSE when approached.

all indicates to me.....

6. IF/WHEN the Dez starts really, really producing for the Cowboys...he will be the new Dallas Cowboy headache

No he doesn't.

go4eight
3/23/2011, 10:24 AM
Dez would have cut in line at the mall at osu ,oh I'm sorry they don't have a mall!!Maybe he cut in line at the chow table in the athletic dorm??

Sooners78
3/23/2011, 10:58 AM

That's what I thought it meant, but I've never seen anyone actually get in trouble for doing it.

Wishboned
3/23/2011, 11:01 AM

I thought he played for Dallas?

Mixer!
3/23/2011, 11:03 AM
Didn't Wes Welker get thrown out of Costco for wearing topsiders? :pop:

soonersam
3/23/2011, 11:03 AM
It wasnt me, it was my friends..

Like my dad always said: "Winners hang with winners and losers hang with losers!"

Boomer.....
3/23/2011, 11:11 AM
:les: Flat billed gangster punk!!!

cjames317
3/23/2011, 11:24 AM
If Jerry keeps talking his smack, then Dez is gonna have to do his shopping at Costco. He can sag all he wants there.

dynersooner
3/23/2011, 11:35 AM
Dez would have cut in line at the mall at osu ,oh I'm sorry they don't have a mall!!Maybe he cut in line at the chow table in the athletic dorm??

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSICK BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURN!!!!1111!!@@211!!!!!!!! !21!!~~~~`!!!!!!!!!!

SoonerinSouthlake
3/23/2011, 12:40 PM
;
No he doesn't.

well...I wouldnt if I were him...but let me clarify

1. the people who are generally doing the complaining likely give the appearance that they are well off white folk. They are complaining about people wearing baggy pants that sow their drawers.

I believe..that is a incredibly stupid and sloppy look for all races... (unless its good looking woman ;) )

and

2. the people who are wearing baggy pants showing off thier drawers are probably much higher % African American than well to do white kids

what Im saying is that by these two (non scientifically proven) facts

what I think Dez perceives is: White people trying to get the black people, that grew up like he did, out of thier store

OKLA21FAN
3/23/2011, 12:51 PM
Dez's popularity in Dallas is sagging aswell. :pop:

Leroy Lizard
3/23/2011, 12:53 PM
;

well...I wouldnt if I were him...but let me clarify

1. the people who are generally doing the complaining likely give the appearance that they are well off white folk. They are complaining about people wearing baggy pants that sow their drawers.

I believe..that is a incredibly stupid and sloppy look for all races... (unless its good looking woman ;) )

and

2. the people who are wearing baggy pants showing off thier drawers are probably much higher % African American than well to do white kids

what Im saying is that by these two (non scientifically proven) facts

what I think Dez perceives is: White people trying to get the black people, that grew up like he did, out of thier store

Pull up his pants and he foils the plot.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/23/2011, 01:04 PM
Maybe someone should send him a copy of thet rap song, "pull up yo' pants"...

PalmBeachSooner
3/23/2011, 01:08 PM
That mall sucks.

3rdgensooner
3/23/2011, 01:09 PM
Lookin' like a fool...

http://blogs.ajc.com/american-idol-blog/files/2010/01/larry-Platt-pants-on-the-ground.jpg

btk108
3/23/2011, 01:55 PM
Get off my lawn!!!!

tulsaoilerfan
3/23/2011, 05:34 PM
Pull ur damn pants up and there won't be problems like this

go4eight
3/23/2011, 06:38 PM
Well he sure won"t be getting very many, if any endorsements acting like a Gangsta!!!!!

OU Engineer
3/23/2011, 07:53 PM
Tangentially related question- with no CBA, can Goodell take any actions against players for "behavior detrimental to the image of the league"?

As far as I understand... no. I think players are free to do whatever they want until the lockout is resolved.

auto
3/23/2011, 08:06 PM
That mall sucks.

And why would that be? Trying to keep the GG out? Name a more upscale mall beyond HP Village in Dallas.

SoonerinSouthlake
3/23/2011, 08:21 PM

The NFL/Goodell has made a statement that he NFL code of conduct is in affect and any issues during the lockout WILL be addressed after the lockout is settled

Mongo
3/23/2011, 08:25 PM
I bet the weed drug tests post lockout will blow the **** up

salth2o
3/23/2011, 08:26 PM
What a dip ****.

OU Engineer
3/23/2011, 09:07 PM
The NFL/Goodell has made a statement that he NFL code of conduct is in affect and any issues during the lockout WILL be addressed after the lockout is settled

I stand corrected.

Sooner_Tuf
3/23/2011, 09:10 PM
This situation may in fact not be Dez's fault. In fact it might just be hereditary. At least it was rumored that his mother wasn't able to keep her pants up either.

Mixer!
3/23/2011, 09:20 PM
http://jeffpicard.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/rim-shot-johnny-utah.jpg

Piware
3/24/2011, 08:17 PM
The moral of this story? It's okay to show your a$$ in Stoolwater but an upscale Dallas mall - not so much.

I'll bet the NCAA put them up to it just to embarrass him for telling a little fib. LOL!

Mixer!
3/25/2011, 01:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=6257358

:pop:

Sooner_Tuf
3/25/2011, 02:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=6257358

"The URL you requested does not exist"

Leroy Lizard
3/25/2011, 06:41 PM
Perhaps he meant this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=6257358

Deion has weighed in.

Chris Patterson
3/25/2011, 08:29 PM

MonkeyMouth
3/25/2011, 10:13 PM
And why would that be? Trying to keep the GG out? Name a more upscale mall beyond HP Village in Dallas.

The Galleria?

Hasn't NorthPark spent a ton of money in the past several years revamping their image? I'm sure they don't want a lot of thuggy looking people shopping there when their trying to attract a higher class.

VA Sooner
3/25/2011, 10:32 PM
Dez... you're an idiot.

Zbird
3/26/2011, 10:24 AM
It's all about class. You have it or you don't. Dezzie Don't.

85sooners
3/26/2011, 05:31 PM
Dez is a queer *** thug!

Quik Sand
3/26/2011, 05:35 PM
Dez is a queer *** thug!hahhahaa :gary:

I Am Right
3/26/2011, 05:43 PM
"I was the wrong guy", priceless!

auto
3/26/2011, 05:51 PM
The Galleria?

Hasn't NorthPark spent a ton of money in the past several years revamping their image? I'm sure they don't want a lot of thuggy looking people shopping there when their trying to attract a higher class.

NP have never had an image problem, and in my mind more upscale shops than the Galleria.

What they need to do is clean up the GG's from across 75 by demolishing the rest of the apt, that way the dirtballs can't walk over.

Leroy Lizard
3/26/2011, 06:50 PM
And I defended his sorry *** when he took on TFRW over the hazing issue. Mistake.

SoCal
3/29/2011, 11:26 AM
The Gift That Keeps On Giving.

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant is being sued for non-payment of $246,000 worth of jewelry by a New York-based company in a civil suit filed Friday in Dallas.

Bryant purchased $267,000 worth of jewelry from A+A Diamonds LTD d/b/a Rafaello & Company, which makes high-end jewelry for celebrities and athletes.

Bryant's attorney, Texas state Sen. Royce West, said they are trying to settle the issue.

"Is there a relationship between Dez and the jeweler? Yes," West said Monday afternoon. "The issue is how much is owed and when it's due. That's the issue. I think we'll solve it quickly."

Bryant's most expensive purchase was a $60,000 custom charm bracelet. He made the purchases on four different days last year, spending as much as $144,000 on Feb. 8, 2010, according to court documents.

"We'll let the lawsuit speak for itself," said Mike Bowes, a Dallas-based attorney who represents the plaintiffs. "My clients in New York worked for several months with Mr. Bryant's counsel to work something out with no satisfactory resolution."

Bryant could not be reached for comment.

The Cowboys wide receiver was in trouble two weekends ago when he received a criminal trespass warning for an incident at NorthPark Center when he got into a profanity-filled exchange with off-duty police over sagging pants. Bryant said his pants weren't the problem, but the pants of one of his friends were low and Bryant got into an argument with the police, who took exception to the fashion statement. Bryant later said that he was treated badly by the police.

The citation would have banned Bryant from the mall for 90 days, but after apologies were administered from both sides, he has been allowed to return to the shopping center.

CowboyMRW
3/29/2011, 12:08 PM
Dez Bryant Vows to Embarrass the NFL Each Day the Lockout Continues
March 29, 2011

Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant continued his brave, principled show of defiance against the NFL today with yet another demonstration of jackassery. On the heels of being thrown out of a Dallas-area mall, again, Bryant has been sued by a New York jewelry company for an unpaid tab of $246,000.

“It is my solemn vow that for each day the NFL owners unjustly prevent us from doing our jobs and making a living to support our families,” said Bryant, “one incredibly embarrassing story about me will come out. Only NFL owners, along with enhanced mall security, can put a stop to this.”

Bryant says he sees himself “a modern day, douchier, Gandhi.”

“I took a history class at Oklahoma State,” he said. “I forget all the details, but I think Gandhi dressed in a robe and wore funny glasses until the king would stop taking his food or something. I don’t remember exactly. Although I do remember I got an A in the class. Good school, Oklahoma State.”

The second-year receiver says he has many embarrassing activities already planned.

“Tomorrow I’m going to get in a fight at the mall arcade when they tell me I don’t have enough tickets to get a stuffed panda bear at the prize counter,” he said. “And the next day I’m going to crash my Big Wheel into a police cruiser. The next day? Let me just say that it involves a turd and the ball pit at Chuck E. Cheese.”

NFLPA director DeMaurice Smith says Bryant’s actions are not endorsed by the players union.

“I just want to make it clear that we have nothing to do with this,” said Smith. “He is acting of his own accord. We are of the opinion that he is embarrassing NFL players more than the NFL. And I expressed that opinion to him, but he refused to take his iPod ear buds out when I was talking to him.”

Bryant’s strategy is similar to that of Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson on the other side, who vows he will continue to be a dick until the owners get 99-percent of the league’s revenues.

badger
3/29/2011, 12:11 PM
OK, ok, here's the original thread, lol.

It's actually $850k he's getting sued for... more, actually.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=223&articleid=20110329_223_0_DLAals449391)

I imagine even more are going to come forward since this is in the news now. Dez apparently likes to spend money. Whether or not he makes enough to cover his expenses? I would have thought so, but now I'm not sure.

Boomer.....
3/29/2011, 12:14 PM
Updated: March 29, 2011, 12:36 PM ET
Dez Bryant faces 2nd lawsuit

By Calvin Watkins
ESPNDallas.com
Archive

One day after a civil lawsuit was filed against Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant saying he owed $246,000 worth of jewelry to a New York-based company, another civil lawsuit has emerged against him and his adviser David Wells.

Eleow Hunt, a Colleyville, Texas, jeweler and ticket broker, said Bryant hasn't paid for jewelry and tickets or repaid personal loans that collectively total in excess of $600,000, according to a court filing from Tarrant County.

Attached to the lawsuit are copies of receipts for jewelry that Hunt said was made for the receiver and hasn't been paid for. The items include everything from a "custom Cartier diamond watch" to a "white gold diamond dog tag set" and "custom diamond engagement ring." The receipts for more than 40 pieces of jewelry total $588,500.

Hunt also claims he loaned Wells $26,000 to cover Bryant's expenses and to provide him with spending money before he was drafted. The lawsuit says Wells repaid $15,000.

Also, the lawsuit alleges Bryant owes $15,850 in unpaid sporting event tickets. Bryant was given 10 tickets worth $5,750 for the Cowboys' 2009 regular season finale against the Philadelphia Eagles. Bryant also got six tickets worth $3,750 for the Cowboys' playoff victory over the Eagles that same season. Cowboys games were not the only ones Bryant was given tickets for. He received four tickets to watch the Mavericks play the Cleveland Cavaliers in December 2009. The cost of the tickets totaled $2,500, according to the lawsuit.

The lawsuit alleges Bryant was supposed to repay Hunt when he signed either an NFL or promotional contract, whichever came first. Bryant received the items during an 11-month period starting in June 2009 when he was a junior at Oklahoma State.

"Mr. Hunt sells custom made jewelry to athletes and entertainers," said Hunt's attorney Beth Ann Blackwood. "Mr. Bryant says he would pay and hasn't and it finally resulted in filing a lawsuit."

The lawsuit was filed last year, but a motion filed last week by Bryant's attorney, Veretta Frazier, asked the court to move the lawsuit from Tarrant County to Dallas County. Blackwood responded to the motion saying the case should remain in Tarrant County.

Frazier didn't return a phone call seeking comment.

Hunt says he's dealt with Wells in the past and the pair had a successful relationship regarding former Texas Tech wide receiver and current San Francisco 49er Michael Crabtree. Hunt said he has known Wells since the late 1990s.

Wells declined to comment. The Cowboys also had no comment.

Over the last two days, Bryant has been accused in two civil lawsuits to have owed over $850,000, not including any damages or legal fees.

Last season with the Cowboys, Bryant made $2.84 million in base salaries and bonuses. Bryant also received an undetermined amount from UnderArmour and other income from personal appearances.

Bryant is scheduled to receive a base salary of $1.1 million this year with a $1 million roster bonus. He can't receive the roster bonus until the NFL lockout is over and Bryant will receive his base salary over a 17 week span starting in September 2011.

Calvin Watkins covers the Cowboys for ESPNDallas.com.

Follow Calvin Watkins on Twitter: @calvinwatkins

Interesting.

ouleaf
3/29/2011, 12:16 PM
Now hearing a second lawsuit from a jeweler in Colleyville for an astonishing $600M. So he is up to about $850M in lawsuits now....I guarantee you he does not have that much in any sort of account. What an idiot.

I understand why Deion Sanders has completely dis-associated from him now.

badger
3/29/2011, 12:17 PM
Honestly, after giving half his salary to Uncle Sam, I think he's probably spending more than he's bringing in. You KNOW that Under Armour didn't pay him that much after the way he unceremoniously dropped them following his crappy pro day to wear Nike... I don't even think he HAS a deal with Nike. Good luck getting any deals after you dumped UA, who gave you a NATIONAL television campaign. Seriously, you moron. Even if you hate their shoes figure out a way to sever ties amicably or work it out somehow... glue UA logos to Nike shoes, lol.

sperry
3/29/2011, 12:39 PM
Honestly, after giving half his salary to Uncle Sam, I think he's probably spending more than he's bringing in. You KNOW that Under Armour didn't pay him that much after the way he unceremoniously dropped them following his crappy pro day to wear Nike... I don't even think he HAS a deal with Nike. Good luck getting any deals after you dumped UA, who gave you a NATIONAL television campaign. Seriously, you moron. Even if you hate their shoes figure out a way to sever ties amicably or work it out somehow... glue UA logos to Nike shoes, lol.

That's what Tiger does, and I'm sure it happens all the time in endorsement deals. Tiger was essentially using Titleist products with a Nike logo slopped on them.

Breadburner
3/29/2011, 12:48 PM
"I'm Dez Bryant Bitchhhhhhhhhh"...!!!!!!!

http://fannypackninjas.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/rick-james.jpg

Dio
3/29/2011, 12:48 PM
Hollywood Henderson thinks Dez needs to slow down.

swardboy
3/29/2011, 12:49 PM
Trainwreck a'comin'......

GrapevineSooner
3/29/2011, 12:56 PM
Mike Tyson thinks Dez needs to slow down.

Boomer.....
3/29/2011, 12:58 PM
Charlie Sheen is concerned about Dez's decision making.

badger
3/29/2011, 01:02 PM
He apparently also stiffed a Stillwater renter when the NCAA declared him suspended for lying:

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=223&articleid=20110329_223_0_DLAals449391)

MichiganSooner
3/29/2011, 01:03 PM
Reading through this thread, I was going to ask if Dez was at the mall to buy some high-priced jewelry.

Breadburner
3/29/2011, 01:45 PM
Reading through this thread, I was going to ask if Dez was at the mall to buy some high-priced jewelry.

A shiny belt.......:D

badger
3/29/2011, 01:46 PM
Make sure he pays you in cash or you might get stiffed too :stunned:

ashley
3/29/2011, 01:51 PM
Just remember the rule. The farther from the ball the less intelligent you can be and still play. He is proof of that. But, a $65,000 watch. Good lord.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/29/2011, 02:03 PM
OKay, Just how will LosuR go down on the jewelry he got while a "student".

GrapevineSooner
3/29/2011, 02:53 PM
Antoine Walker thinks Dez is in way over his head.

Taxman71
3/29/2011, 03:30 PM
MC Hammer thinks Dez is spending too much, too soon.

texaspokieokie
3/29/2011, 03:38 PM
Just remember the rule. The farther from the ball the less intelligent you can be and still play. He is proof of that. But, a $65,000 watch. Good lord.

probly can't even tell time.

OULenexaman
3/29/2011, 04:41 PM
BHO thinks Dez should spend more...

oudavid1
3/29/2011, 05:56 PM
Ive never been thrown out of a mall.

Chiliman
3/29/2011, 07:27 PM
"I'm Dez Bryant Bitchhhhhhhhhh"...!!!!!!!

http://fannypackninjas.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/rick-james.jpg

Priceless, yet so apt. Darkness!