PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Williams on PTI today

Lott's Bandana
3/22/2011, 08:49 PM
Relaxed, funny and obviously knows his game.

I had not seen him interviewed before. I was impressed.

yankee
3/22/2011, 09:12 PM
I was hoping Kornheiser or Blackistone would ask him about the coaching questions, but that probably wouldn't be fair since he's preparing for a big game. Even if they had, I doubt he would have provided a relevant answer.

sperry
3/23/2011, 10:03 AM
I really don't see this guy going anywhere. There aren't any better jobs than Marquette available this year.

btk108
3/23/2011, 10:08 AM
Talking heads say he's going to Arkansas if they pony up to what he's asking $$$ wise....and out of the picture for OU

bornnbredou
3/23/2011, 10:46 AM
Talking heads say he's going to Arkansas if they pony up to what he's asking $$$ wise....and out of the picture for OU

According to ESPN, Mike Anderson has accepted the Arkansas job. Thats two positives for us, Mizzou loses its coach that made them relevant and Buzz is still a possibility.

nativesooner
3/23/2011, 11:50 AM
Buzz to Mizzou!! They'll make tshirts that say Buzzou!

Ruf/Nek7
3/23/2011, 12:02 PM
I really don't see this guy going anywhere. There aren't any better jobs than Marquette available this year.

Money is more appelaing than prestige.

badger
3/23/2011, 12:19 PM
Buzz back to Rocky Top. So sorry we fired you. Please come back :D

EDIT: Whoops that was Buzz Petersen, not Williams, hehe

SoonerMom2
3/23/2011, 12:48 PM
How many people want to live in Milwaukee, WI, with the winter they get there? I grew up in the north and you could offer me all the money in the world and I am not moving back north. I don't even like to visit and southern Ohio is nothing compared to winter in Chicago/Milwaukee!

TheHumanAlphabet
3/23/2011, 01:01 PM
According to ESPN, Mike Anderson has accepted the Arkansas job. Thats two positives for us, Mizzou loses its coach that made them relevant and Buzz is still a possibility.

I thought it was reported he was ready to sign a contract extension at Mizzou?

bornnbredou
3/24/2011, 09:02 AM
I thought it was reported he was ready to sign a contract extension at Mizzou?

thats what i thought at first too, apparently he turned down a 2M/year deal with Mizzou to go back to Arkansas where his coaching roots really are.