PDA

View Full Version : Holy Hell, The VA doing a FINE job

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 04:12 PM
Just got off the Phone with em
And they told me each Team has up to 1200 Patients to keep up with
Dayum I tolt em they doing a fine job
Just thot yall might like to know that Yer country is doing a great jorb takin care of us old farts :P

sooner59
3/22/2011, 07:40 PM
In my graduate public health courses, multiple profs, including an M.D. have raved about how good VA care is getting. They were quick to transition to electronic health records and attempt to streamline everything to make the hospital run more efficiently and effectively. And all VAs are connected nationwide now I believe, so you can go to any VA and they already have all your records and such already.

AlbqSooner
3/22/2011, 07:57 PM
VA Hospitals were really pretty good during the 50s. Then, they began to slack off in the 60s. Very little was done to keep them abreast of the progression of technology. By the time the Viet Nam vets started lining up at the door and the WWII soldiers began to enter the older and in need of more care age, they were way behind the times.

They have made great strides since the late 80s, early 90s, but they still have a way to go on availability of care.

texaspokieokie
3/23/2011, 07:14 AM
my Dad (WWI) died in the VA in Muskogee. long time ago, in his 80s.

Lott's Bandana
3/23/2011, 07:50 AM
Bro, it ain't just old farts like us any longer. There's a fresh new crop of VA "recruits" spawned from the last decade of conflicts.