PDA

View Full Version : Stoops on twitter...

Soonerjeepman
3/22/2011, 12:51 PM
LOL...

Stoops: "those that can't handle it, it will be taken away"

reporter: "how do you reply to them"

Stoops: "in person or on the phone"..

next....LOL...nice one..

In terms of the coach’s concerns about players’ comments made on Twitter and Facebook, Stoops said he’s ready to crack down on individuals who “still think they’re at East Handkerchief High School, where no one cares” and are “foolish” with their posts.

“Guys that don’t know what they’re doing need to have it taken away. That’s really pretty simple,” Stoops said. “So, obviously, ones that don’t know what they’re doing … will have it taken away.”

Asked how he replies to careless posters, Stoops said: “I reply to them on the phone or in-person.”

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/colleges/2011/03/ous-stoops-down-on-twitter-high-on-rb-brandon-williams.html#ixzz1HLsi38Yz

Pricetag
3/22/2011, 12:58 PM
Does Coach Stoops ever use "East Popcorn," or is he strictly a "Handkerchief" guy?

the-rover
3/22/2011, 01:07 PM
Needs to be done.... I know it's a free country and all, but people these days post the stupidest things on these social networks. You have realize you are representing more than just yourself sometimes.

cccasooner2
3/22/2011, 01:07 PM
Does Coach Stoops ever use "East Popcorn," or is he strictly a "Handkerchief" guy?

Never did understand blowing one's nose in a hanky and sticking it back in the ol' pocket.

Partial Qualifier
3/22/2011, 01:09 PM

Naw, you know he drops a Popcorn State every now & then.

How will Stoops' decision affect the people whose sole purpose in life is to sniff these kids' jocks? Does this amp up the jocksniffing degree-of-difficulty??

StatGeek
3/22/2011, 02:55 PM
Naw, you know he drops a Popcorn State every now & then.

How will Stoops' decision affect the people whose sole purpose in life is to sniff these kids' jocks? Does this amp up the jocksniffing degree-of-difficulty??

Waiting on David to reply.......

SoCal
3/22/2011, 03:14 PM
STOOPS PRESS CONFERENCE
Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops previewed spring practice and fielded questions from the media to kick off spring practice:

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/01_sooner_football_notebook.html

MamaMia
3/22/2011, 03:34 PM
Needs to be done.... I know it's a free country and all, but people these days post the stupidest things on these social networks. You have realize you are representing more than just yourself sometimes.

...or when you're being recorded by some rat fink tattletale slacker.

virginiasooner
3/22/2011, 03:39 PM

Now THAT has got to be the most thankless job for whatever intern/trainer/grad student gets stuck with it -- monitoring Twitter and Facebook of the athletes. And I agree with Stoops -- abuse it and you lose it. Now if he could only block agents from calling players on their cellphones.

AlboSooner
3/22/2011, 03:43 PM
In terms of the coach’s concerns about players’ comments made on Twitter and Facebook, Stoops said he’s ready to crack down on individuals who “still think they’re at East Handkerchief High School, where no one cares” and are “foolish” with their posts.

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/colleges/2011/03/ous-stoops-down-on-twitter-high-on-rb-brandon-williams.html#ixzz1HMa73Nm4

East Handkerchief HS heh

jumperstop
3/22/2011, 03:43 PM
Now THAT has got to be the most thankless job for whatever intern/trainer/grad student gets stuck with it -- monitoring Twitter and Facebook of the athletes. And I agree with Stoops -- abuse it and you lose it. Now if he could only block agents from calling players on their cellphones.

Probably doesn't take that much monitoring. Do you know how twitter works?