PDA

View Full Version : Economic Terrorism in the U.S.

soonercruiser
3/22/2011, 10:58 AM
Haven't we heard lately quotes from the LW extremists and some Demoncratic Congresspersons that there is plenty of money in the banks, Wall Street, and mortgage companies...they are just holding on to it, rather than using it???

Long before xx left SEIU, leaders were holding union protests in banks, disrupting bank operations and trying to force banks to loan to people who couldn't afford home loans. Why???
"THE WHAT IF PLAN" to undermine the economy, create chaos, reform government, and eventually redistribute wealth!

Over the weekend, former SEIU leader Steven Lerner laid out a plan to attack JP Morgan Chase. Some of the major media outlets were at the meeting. But, no cameras were permitted in a special closed door meeting. But, he was audio taped.
Lerner was the director of SEIU’s banking and finance campaign, and still has close ties to SEIU. And, he has been a multiple time visitor to the White House!

You probably won't see this story in the drive-by media any time soon...if at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvlvejSxBVQ&feature=player_embedded
The whole audio tape.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgOEraouhxU&feature=player_embedded

SoonerNate
3/22/2011, 11:01 AM
Un ****ing believable! Like I said in another post, he can do no wrong to some and can **** all over this great nation and the MTV voters won't care so long as his brackets are "cool."

OklahomaTuba
3/22/2011, 11:17 AM
Don't worry, we're attacking Libya, so it will all be ok now.

JohnnyMack
3/22/2011, 11:20 AM
Looks like PF Chang's for lunch today. I'm thinking Dan Dan Noodles, extra spicy.

SoonerNate
3/22/2011, 11:26 AM
Subject <<< Johnny >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Position Limit
3/22/2011, 11:26 AM
when i read the title i thought for a second Rubin, Greenspan, and Paulson where back in the drivers seat.

did sooner nate fill out his brackets?

SoonerNate
3/22/2011, 11:28 AM
Only the NIT brackets ; )

soonerscuba
3/22/2011, 11:29 AM
Fried okra vs collard greens, who ya got?

JohnnyMack
3/22/2011, 11:32 AM
Fried okra vs collard greens, who ya got?

Fried okra. Only don't fry it too long or it gets mushy.

royalfan5
3/22/2011, 11:36 AM
The only worthwhile political spreads have the following title format. CAPITAL lowercase CAPITAL CAPLITAL lowercase, or a variation therof.

AlboSooner
3/22/2011, 11:37 AM
There are some reports that China had a hand in the economic collapse of the US. Our economy is based on Wall Street and its computers, and a bug can make them act crazy. I remember a few months ago the stock fell 200 points for no apparent reason and the culprit was never found, and we never heard about it. Banks do not want us to know their network systems get breached.

OklahomaTuba
3/22/2011, 11:41 AM
Our economy is based on Wall Street and its computersNot now. Now its based on food stamps, bailouts, and dreams of high speed rail.

WINNING! The Future!!!!

Position Limit
3/22/2011, 11:47 AM
There are some reports that China had a hand in the economic collapse of the US. Our economy is based on Wall Street and its computers, and a bug can make them act crazy. I remember a few months ago the stock fell 200 points for no apparent reason and the culprit was never found, and we never heard about it. Banks do not want us to know their network systems get breached.

wall streets game is black box algorithms and stealing in unregulated markets. why doesnt anybody question the market when it gaps up? after the "flash crash" circuit breakers were put in place for big moves to the downside. why not for the upside?

oh and chinese companies are slowly being proven in the market to be frauds.

KantoSooner
3/22/2011, 01:46 PM
As I understand it, the flash crash was largely based on a bunch of lazy trading programs that were all sled-dogging along behind one or two large arbitrage firms. Thus, any movement in one of these caused a ripple effect at lightening speed.

Re: China
I'm of two minds. First, I'm happy for the Chinese to take their place at the world table. Far better to reintegrate them into the global economy than have them poor, dumb and resentful. In all liklihood, we've saved a global war by successfully moving them into meaningful participation.
But you can't insert 1.3 billion people back into an economy without a splash. And people who are in direct competition with the Chinese laborers are going to lose. If your job is standing next to a terry cloth weaving machine waiting for the light to go so you can push a button, well, don't expect to live in a beach house. If you're a skilled machinist, engineer, entrepreneur, farmer, etc? You're not going to be hit too much.
Second, regarding the fraudulent nature of Chinese companies or the low quality of their goods, here's the deal. China's banks are hosed. They will crash, probably sooner than later. The numbers are all made up. So long as teh economy grows, all is well. If it stops? A ****rain from hell.
On the other hand, there are companies like Haier (major maker of white goods: fridges, coffee makers and the like). Awesome company. Refuses to sell in markets where they can't have their own service/installation staff. Excellent quality stuff. As you'd expect, run by a hard nosed founder who's built the thing out of nothing.
So, it's a mixed bag. I largely like the Chinese people, though there are some who are dicks and dishonest. I wouldn't doubt that their government vies to find ways to manipulate other countries. As do we. They are not different in kind.

Position Limit
3/22/2011, 02:09 PM
As I understand it, the flash crash was largely based on a bunch of lazy trading programs that were all sled-dogging along behind one or two large arbitrage firms. Thus, any movement in one of these caused a ripple effect at lightening speed.

the flash crash could have been caused by numerous things. namely dark pools and flash trading firms hiding behind a "liquidity provider status" receiving rebates from one of the scads of exchanges that exist today. when the **** hit the fan, they were nowhere to be found. but that's cool, they provide liquidity. whatever. but my question is why in the aftermath did the sec and exchanges decide to put in trading halts on the downside? why not the upside?

soonercruiser
3/22/2011, 03:07 PM
The only worthwhile political spreads have the following title format. CAPITAL lowercase CAPITAL CAPLITAL lowercase, or a variation therof.

Bad Anglish!
:rolleyes:

KantoSooner
3/22/2011, 03:24 PM
the flash crash could have been caused by numerous things. namely dark pools and flash trading firms hiding behind a "liquidity provider status" receiving rebates from one of the scads of exchanges that exist today. when the **** hit the fan, they were nowhere to be found. but that's cool, they provide liquidity. whatever. but my question is why in the aftermath did the sec and exchanges decide to put in trading halts on the downside? why not the upside?

Good question. Another good one: why do we insist on new regulations and laws when we haven't tried enforcing the old ones?

OklahomaTuba
3/22/2011, 03:28 PM
Sedition. That's the word I was seeking.