PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Seriously guys?

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/22/2011, 08:09 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/21/afghanistan-trophy-photos-us-soldier

US soldiers in Afghanistan posing with dead civilians
'Trophy' pictures show US soldiers posing with corpses of Afghan civilians they are accused of killing for sport
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/3/21/1300743987251/A-US-soldier-poses-with-d-007.jpg

Jon Boone in Kabul
guardian.co.uk, Monday 21 March 2011 21.56 GMT
Article history

A
US soldier poses with the corpse of an Afghan boy – one of three photographs published by German magazine Der Spiegel. Photograph: AP
The face of Jeremy Morlock, a young US soldier, grins at the camera, his hand holding up the head of the dead and bloodied youth he and his colleagues have just killed in an act military prosecutors say was premeditated murder.

Moments before the picture was taken in January last year, the unsuspecting victim had been waved over by a group of US soldiers who had driven to his village in Kandahar province in one of their armoured Stryker tanks.

According to testimony collected by Der Spiegel magazine the boy had, as a matter of routine, lifted up his shirt to reveal that he was not hiding a suicide bomb vest.

That was the moment Morlock, according to a pre-arranged plan, threw a grenade at the boy that exploded while other members of the rogue group who called themselves the "kill team" opened fire.

They would later tell military investigators that the boy, a farmer's son, had threatened them with the grenade.

The pictures include a similar photograph of a different soldier posing with the same victim and a photograph of two other civilians killed by the unit.

There was no sign on Monday of the anticipated public outrage. But with Afghanistan on holiday for the Persian new year celebrations, and media outlets initially unable to get hold of the images, anger may yet build.

The US ambassador to Afghanistan, Karl Eikenberry, recently confided to officials that he feared it might trigger the same kind of scandal as that at Abu Ghraib in Iraq, where images of prisoners being abused by US soldiers sparked anti-American protests.

For weeks the US government has been working to pre-empt any outrage, with top officials, including the US vice president Joe Biden, in talks with Hamid Karzai, the Afghan president.

Despite being a setback in the propaganda war between the western coalition and its insurgent enemies, Nato will be relieved that for the time being only a tiny sample of a total collection of roughly 4,000 images and video clips have found their way into the public domain.

The publication of the photos will also mark the ultimate disgrace of the group of young US soldiers, who are currently facing military justice for killing innocent civilians for sport and mutilating their bodies by cutting off fingers and ripping out teeth to keep as trophies.

Morlock has turned on his former colleagues, agreeing to testify against them in return for a reduced jail sentence. Some of the activities of the group are already public, with 12 men currently on trial in Seattle for their role in the killing of three civilians. Morlock has told investigators that Staff Sergeant Calvin Gibbs was the ringleader. In videotaped evidence, he has said Gibbs would pick out a possible target with a comment such as: "You guys wanna wax this guy or what?"

Gibbs, if found guilty, could receive a life sentence.

Hans-Ulrich Stoldt, a spokesman for Der Spiegel, said the magazine had other, more graphic photos.

"We published three but not others, and we even pixilated those we did print so that the victims could not be identified," Stoldt said. "We needed to document [the accusations] in some form, and were as restrained as possible."

SoonerNate
3/22/2011, 08:32 AM
Obama G'Rhaib

I want to know what Barry Hussein knew and when he knew it.

I demand hearings

Mongo
3/22/2011, 08:59 AM
I prefer my war time kill shot pics to be more gruesome. That one is a let down

C&CDean
3/22/2011, 09:01 AM
I don't know what everyone is so upset about. Hell, it's the Native-American way.

XingTheRubicon
3/22/2011, 09:06 AM
Obama G'Rhaib

I want to know what Barry Hussein knew and when he knew it.

I demand hearings

Just because the libs did it to W at every turn doesn't mean it was justified.

Copying liberals, in the long run, will only make you sad...and give you a penchant for begging.

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 09:14 AM
Well just FARK my azz:rolleyes:

rekamrettuB
3/22/2011, 09:18 AM
We sent in killing machines. I'm sure quite a few of them aren't right in the head either before heading over there or while they were there. Bad deal but not real surprised to hear.

KC//CRIMSON
3/22/2011, 09:19 AM
Well just FARK my azz:rolleyes:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2714/4518321904_3c58fae492_m.jpg

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/22/2011, 09:22 AM
They can pose with the Taliban all they want. Blow them away and put antlers on them!

Assuming this story is true, I am really disappointed in THOSE guys for this. This is murder and needs to be dealt with swiftly. I am so very thankful for our soldiers but when they start up "Kill Squads" for taking out civilians that is messed up

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 09:24 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2714/4518321904_3c58fae492_m.jpg

**** you KC :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 09:25 AM
They can pose with the Taliban all they want. Blow them away and put antlers on them!

Assuming this story is true, I am really disappointed in our guys for this. This is murder and needs to be dealt with swiftly. I am so very thankful for our soldiers but when they start up "Kill Squads" for taking out civilians that is messed up

Ill say this, Im glad as hell that there weren't as many cameras around in Nam as there are today:O

KC//CRIMSON
3/22/2011, 09:28 AM
**** you KC :rolleyes:

meh.

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 09:31 AM
meh.

**** off dip ****

You used to be cool then you went to **** :P
Thot You and Phil wanted us to chill out?
Guess it was just Phil:rolleyes:

C&CDean
3/22/2011, 09:33 AM
ixnay. ownay.

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 09:34 AM
Have Yall noticed how I like playing with the
http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/66846-find_word_retard_offensive.jpg

KC//CRIMSON
ixnay. ownay.

otay buckwheatay.

yermom
so what is it Vet? anything done in a uniform is kosher?

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 09:35 AM
ixnay. ownay.

Sorry Dean, I had already posted before I saw yours

XingTheRubicon
3/22/2011, 09:35 AM
in before the avatar bars

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 09:38 AM
so what is it Vet? anything done in a uniform is kosher?

No Bro its Not, Much like My Lai
The whole story is never told
Just what grabs headlines

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 09:39 AM
in before the avatar bars

I saved em the ****in trouble ;)

rekamrettuB
3/22/2011, 09:40 AM

Assuming this story is true, I am really disappointed in our guys for this. This is murder and needs to be dealt with swiftly. I am so very thankful for our soldiers but when they start up "Kill Squads" for taking out civilians that is messed up

Don't lump all of them together by saying "our". How about "those" guys?

Mongo
3/22/2011, 09:41 AM
No Bro its Not, Much like My Lai
The whole story is never told
Just what grabs headlines

Your Lai? I bet she was a looker:D

OUMallen
3/22/2011, 09:45 AM
Your Lai? I bet she was a looker:D

Ole Vet with a wimmenz? Lai-r.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/22/2011, 09:46 AM
Don't lump all of them together by saying "our". How about "those" guys?

Fair enough.

C&CDean
3/22/2011, 09:46 AM
Ole Vet with a wimmenz? Lai-r.

Heh. I think his weinie is a bitch though.

Breadburner
3/22/2011, 09:47 AM
This was accepted practice a 100 years ago....

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 09:53 AM
Heh. I think his weinie is a bitch though.

Winnah ;)
But I did have Doc fix that bitch ;)

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 09:53 AM

What was?

yermom
3/22/2011, 09:56 AM

did you actually read the article?

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 10:09 AM

I did , Did you Dave ?
I pretty much quit after reading " According to der wiener schnitzel "

If that is not an ANTI US article Ill suck yer dick:rolleyes:
Hells Bells
Read the Wiki shat about My Lai. Talk about Biased shat
Lt. Calley was ORDEREd in to My Lai. All Recon told em that there was nothing but GOOKs there and to Kill on sight . They had been out on Patrol for a Long a dayum time . Did they go over board ? hell yes, But **** happens in WAR. Adrenalin runs high.
aw **** it If ya aint been there ya dont ****in KNOW
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre

AlboSooner
3/22/2011, 10:10 AM
War must truly be hell. I read somewhere most of these guys were on anti-depressants. Those who look for anything to hate America will be encouraged by these photos. Those who are objective know what a few nutty guys don't represent 150,000 men and women deployed who are doing the right thing.

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 10:12 AM
War must truly be hell. I read somewhere most of these guys were on anti-depressants. Those who look for anything to hate America will be encouraged by these photos. Those who are objective know what a few nutty guys don't represent 150,000 men and women deployed who are doing the right thing.

No son heres what WAR is
War is not hell," Walkabout said. "It's worse.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1799091/posts

cccasooner2
3/22/2011, 10:14 AM
From the OP, "Morlock has turned on his former colleagues, agreeing to testify against them in return for a reduced jail sentence."

It's really sad when snitching extends beyond OU.

yermom
3/22/2011, 10:14 AM
I did , Did you Dave ?
I pretty much quit after reading " According to der wiener schnitzel "

If that is not an ANTI US article Ill suck yer dick:rolleyes:
Hells Bells
Read the Wiki shat about My Lai. Talk about Biased shat
Lt. Calley was ORDEREd in to My Lai. All Recon told em that there was nothing but GOOKs there and to Kill on sight . They had been out on Patrol for a Long a dayum time . Did they go over board ? hell yes, But **** happens in WAR. Adrenalin runs high.
aw **** it If ya aint been there ya dont ****in KNOW
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre

already been there ;)

this isn't about taking pictures with dead terrorists. this is about killing random civilians on purpose and posing for pictures with them. these are stories from other US soldiers.

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 10:32 AM
If the dumbasses Really did it and Then took pics Then they need to be hung ,
Shat, 1st rule is Make sure there AINT no ****in cameras!
2nd Rule . If there are , Break those mother ****ers
:rolleyes:

sappstuf
3/22/2011, 10:36 AM

That holds true for war and any trips to Thailand..

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 10:44 AM
That holds true for war and any trips to Thailand..

Bro, Ill leave that last part to YOU an Chuck;)
I did My R&R in the land of the Round eyes Sydney;)

Mongo
3/22/2011, 10:48 AM

Your post says Sydney, but your herpes scream asian:D

sappstuf
3/22/2011, 10:52 AM

I was in the Brisbane/Gold Coast area for 4 days.

All my pictures are during the day.. ;)

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 11:14 AM
Your post says Sydney, but your herpes scream asian:D

Never heard of Herpies Back then, Now the CLAP made me scream LOUD

I was in the Brisbane/Gold Coast area for 4 days.

All my pictures are during the day.. ;)

Never got out of the Kings Cross, Dont think I ever sobered up either

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2011, 11:24 AM
i'm never a supporter of troops indiscriminately killing civilians

having said that - there's a lot of truth in that speech that Col Jessup made on the stand

war is not pretty - and soldiers/marines witness things that the average human just has no ability to grasp or imagine

our "greatest generation" did things in WWII that would have resulted courts-martials in todays liberal PC world.......nobody said nary a word when Major Dick Winters troops pillaged Hitler's personal belongings - taking them home - hell even his photo album still sits in the possession of one of those guys

the art of teaching our troops to kill the bad guys while being otherwise respectful for human life is not an easy one to teach - not during the heat of battle

if you want an army full of sensitive PC troops to fight our future wars - then fine - you can ask for it - and demand they all behave in a certain way

good luck with that

taking a trophy kill picture - while gruesome - is pretty normal stuff on the battlefield

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 11:26 AM
Well said JK Well said

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/22/2011, 11:29 AM
taking a trophy kill picture - while gruesome - is pretty normal stuff on the battlefield

I said it was fine for the enemy.

However, this young boy in the picture who allegedly wasn't doing anything and followed all their orders was killed for nothing then propped up as if he was a deer. How exactly is that normal?

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2011, 11:34 AM
I said it was fine for the enemy.

However, this young boy in the picture who allegedly wasn't doing anything and followed all their orders was killed for nothing then propped up as if he was a deer. How exactly is that normal?

did you read the very first line of my post?

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/22/2011, 11:39 AM
did you read the very first line of my post?

Yes, but then you proceeded to say it was normal

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 11:41 AM

having said that - there's a lot of truth in that speech that Col Jessup made on the stand

war is not pretty - and soldiers/marines witness things that the average human just has no ability to grasp or imagine

our "greatest generation" did things in WWII that would have resulted courts-martials in todays liberal PC world.......nobody said nary a word when Major Dick Winters troops pillaged Hitler's personal belongings - taking them home - hell even his photo album still sits in the possession of one of those guys

the art of teaching our troops to kill the bad guys while being otherwise respectful for human life is not an easy one to teach - not during the heat of battle

if you want an army full of sensitive PC troops to fight our future wars - then fine - you can ask for it - and demand they all behave in a certain way

good luck with that

PLease dont expect us to come home as the same person that went over
And for gods sake dont spit on us:mad:

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2011, 11:43 AM

i said "BATTLEFIELD" trophy pics were normal

you read what you wanted to read - not what i intended - thats on you

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 11:44 AM

Normal is subjective :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2011, 11:45 AM
normal isnt always acceptable either

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 11:45 AM

What the **** is going on here? JK and I agreeing ?:eek: ;)

Aldebaran
3/22/2011, 11:55 AM
So you're saying you don't support the behavior, agree it's hard to teach kill the bad guys and respect human life to soldiers, but deride the progress in human history that has created an environment where that is an important factor to take into consideration as part of conducting a war as pc liberalism.

Problematize the culture responsible for the curbing the behaviors you don't support.

It makes perfect sense if you don't think about it.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/22/2011, 12:14 PM

Self ownage on that one. I guess I got caught up in the moment

C&CDean
3/22/2011, 12:31 PM
So you're saying you don't support the behavior, agree it's hard to teach kill the bad guys and respect human life to soldiers, but deride the progress in human history that has created an environment where that is an important factor to take into consideration as part of conducting a war as pc liberalism.

Problematize the culture responsible for the curbing the behaviors you don't support.

It makes perfect sense if you don't think about it.

I bet you could edit this post and make it a little easier to understand.

About the only thing I understand is the "progress in human history" and I don't buy it. Right here at home we've got thugs wasting people on the streets, jacking cars, doing all kinds of gruesome ****. For funsies. In a battlefield situation, it's a heap site different deal. I'm really not buying the story as presented here. I don't doubt somebody wasted an unarmed civilian, but I'd really like to hear the WHOLE story (and not one presented by some foreign agency with a boner for the USofA).

Aldebaran
3/22/2011, 12:34 PM
What whole story would you need? You could fark a deer into that photo and it would look perfectly natural according to the soldier's facial expression. It's a trophy photo.

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 12:38 PM
What whole story would you need? You could fark a deer into that photo and it would look perfectly natural according to the soldier's facial expression. It's a trophy photo.

Ya wanta see whats in my cigar box ?:rolleyes:

C&CDean
3/22/2011, 12:40 PM

You know that for sure, huh? You ever been in a situation and had a photo taken of you that didn't look anything like what was actually going on?

Here's a good example right here. It looks like Mrs. Homey is giving this poor, dumb bastard the bizness doesn't it? Nothing could be further than the truth:

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6655/dsc0064lo.jpg (http://img130.imageshack.us/i/dsc0064lo.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

OhU1
3/22/2011, 12:40 PM
I'm really not buying the story as presented here. I don't doubt somebody wasted an unarmed civilian, but I'd really like to hear the WHOLE story (and not one presented by some foreign agency with a boner for the USofA).

I'm not buying it either. The news media routinely screws up facts in even the most mundane story. Not out of malice, but simply out of incompetence. Add a motive of spin to the cocktail of incompetence and you get garbage [hairGel].

If the story as presented including the frivolous nature of the civilian murder is true I would have no problem with an LWOP or DP sentence being imposed.

Aldebaran
3/22/2011, 12:47 PM
yes... I'm sure it's all a big misunderstanding. At any rate it doesn't bake my noodle. I've been around enough military folks to know how things go. It's dangerous work, bad things happen, **** rolls down hill, details are sketchy.

OUMallen
3/22/2011, 12:48 PM
I have an idea- let's just bring'em home, and give them good post-combat healthcare while we're at it. Future problems avoided.

soonerboomer93
3/22/2011, 12:52 PM

You should read up on some of the stuff done against the native americans, or some of the practices we used at the philippines after the spanish american war.

This stuff was perfectly acceptable against non-Aryan nations/cultures that were being civilized.

(Not saying it's right, just saying that's how they were taught)

C&CDean
3/22/2011, 12:54 PM
I have an idea- let's just bring'em home, and give them good post-combat healthcare while we're at it. Future problems avoided.

Sounds great, won't work. Unfortunately.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/22/2011, 01:01 PM
I can totally see why Afghanistan and Pakistan regions would be furious about this. Do you remember all the rallies, rioting, and hunting down of Al Qaeda when they used a butter knife to cut the head off of a Wall Street Journal reporter? Thank God the Afghani and Pakistani people were so enraged they hunted down Bin Laden personally...

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2011, 01:01 PM
mankind changes and progresses.....warfare changes and progresses

but the human emotions involved during the heat of battle do not

PSTD is something soldiers have been dealing with after wars forever - but we know more about it now....the 24/7 information age now puts the details of war right in our living rooms - so suddenly your average living room sofa soldier gets to form an opinion and post it on his/her favorite message board - clueless to the realities

Spring
3/22/2011, 01:05 PM
Never leave witnesses and for damn sure never take photos. Idiots are getting what they deserve.

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 01:09 PM
You know that for sure, huh? You ever been in a situation and had a photo taken of you that didn't look anything like what was actually going on?

Here's a good example right here. It looks like Mrs. Homey is giving this poor, dumb bastard the bizness doesn't it? Nothing could be further than the truth:

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6655/dsc0064lo.jpg (http://img130.imageshack.us/i/dsc0064lo.jpg/)

And yer takin it Like the Pussie whooped MoFo You are
Fezz up

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 01:12 PM
I'm not buying it either. The news media routinely screws up facts in even the most mundane story. Not out of malice, but simply out of incompetence. Add a motive of spin to the cocktail of incompetence and you get garbage [hairGel].

If the story as presented including the frivolous nature of the civilian murder is true I would have no problem with an LWOP or DP sentence being imposed.

yes... I'm sure it's all a big misunderstanding. At any rate it doesn't bake my noodle. I've been around enough military folks to know how things go. It's dangerous work, bad things happen, **** rolls down hill, details are sketchy.

And both of Yall are great Peeps but ya aint gotta ****ing clue about Combat

Aldebaran
3/22/2011, 01:15 PM

PSTD is something soldiers have been dealing with after wars forever - but we know more about it now....the 24/7 information age now puts the details of war right in our living rooms - so suddenly your average living room sofa soldier gets to form an opinion and post it on his/her favorite message board - clueless to the realities

I don't disagree. Maybe clueless to realities, but valid in trying to understand at least. :pop:

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 01:17 PM

Its been called , Shell shock, Battle Fatigue Many other Names It boils down to what the Human mind can comprehend , I grew up watching Nam on TeeVee , Knew i was going there and I went, Ya ive suffered but Ya know what ? Id go again

Never leave witnesses and for damn sure never take photos. Idiots are getting what they deserve.

You are back and you are still an idiot that has no clue

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 01:20 PM
I don't disagree. Maybe clueless to realities, but valid in trying to understand at least. :pop:

That is admirable
Not many from back in the day even tried, Thank you for that

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2011, 01:29 PM
but valid in trying to understand at least. :pop:

true - nothing invalid with trying to understand it - and there are plenty of shows that try to help with that - Restrepo, Blackhawk Down, etc etc

3rdgensooner
3/22/2011, 02:03 PM
I don't disagree. Maybe clueless to realities, but valid in trying to understand at least.
If only you had any knowledge in this area...then maybe you could speak of it.

C&CDean
3/22/2011, 02:06 PM

I thought they did fine working it out. Why did you have to snark it up?

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 02:09 PM

If He/She has knowledge to share then PLEASE do so

Aldebaran
3/22/2011, 02:12 PM

I don't make it a practice to wear my military service on my sleeve on message boards.

3rdgensooner
3/22/2011, 02:22 PM
I don't make it a practice to wear my military service on my sleeve on message boards.
Don't ask, don't tell?

C&CDean
3/22/2011, 02:23 PM

Why not? Did you serve? Are you proud of your service?

If you did, I am proud of your service as well. If you didn't, that' OK too.

yermom

good luck with that

the descriptions weren't heat of the battle type stuff.

i could give a **** about trophy photos and Hitler's belongings. hell, take some fingers as souvenirs. but when they are killing guys just because they are around and not really involved in the fighting, that's murder, and the kind of **** we are supposed to be above.

I can totally see why Afghanistan and Pakistan regions would be furious about this. Do you remember all the rallies, rioting, and hunting down of Al Qaeda when they used a butter knife to cut the head off of a Wall Street Journal reporter? Thank God the Afghani and Pakistani people were so enraged they hunted down Bin Laden personally...

did terrorists behead a guy on video? yeah. (that that Nick Berg, not Daniel Pearl)

do we really want to use that as our barometer for acceptable behavior?

C&CDean
Don't ask, don't tell?

Much better. Heh.

yermom
3/22/2011, 02:27 PM
You are back and you are still an idiot that has no clue

seems he said about the same thing you did here:

If the dumbasses Really did it and Then took pics Then they need to be hung ,

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2011, 02:36 PM

i could give a **** about trophy photos and Hitler's belongings. hell, take some fingers as souvenirs. but when they are killing guys just because they are around and not really involved in the fighting, that's murder, and the kind of **** we are supposed to be above.

again - i clearly said in the FIRST sentence i was against indiscriminate killing of innocent civilians

then i went on to comment - in general terms - the psyche behind the whole trophy photo

there was clearly a blending of the two in this case - but the emotions involved really arent any different

yermom
3/22/2011, 02:43 PM
i'm just trying to be clear on where my outrage is placed :D

The Profit
3/22/2011, 03:21 PM

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like she is saying, "where in the hell is your hair. When I married you, you had a head full of beautiful hair that I could run my fingers through in a moment of unbridled passion. Now look at you!! Your head looks like a pool cue. When we get into the stadium, I am going to have to put on my sunglasses to hide the glare so that I can see Landry throw another touchdown pass." Again, I could be wrong.

AlboSooner
3/22/2011, 03:32 PM
Who knew that Mr. Clean was a Sooner fan?! :D

cccasooner2
3/22/2011, 03:33 PM

did terrorists behead a guy on video? yeah. (that that Nick Berg, not Daniel Pearl)

do we really want to use that as our barometer for acceptable behavior?

Sorry, but I missed it where he said that was acceptable behavior.

Reminds me of the time I was on jury duty for a murder trial. Everyone said they could deal with circumstantial evidence. After wasting a month in deliberations the holdout finally admitted he could not accept circumstantial evidence. We gave it one more try to get hiis view. The only thing he could come up with was "I can't give a death penalty for stealing a bike". NEVER in the trial was anyone accused of stealing a bike nor was any evidfence of stealing a bike given. The only reference to bicycles was a description of the back yard of the accused perps by a witness during a meeting to borrow a car for the "hit".

C&CDean
3/22/2011, 04:13 PM
I could be wrong, but it looks to me like she is saying, "where in the hell is your hair. When I married you, you had a head full of beautiful hair that I could run my fingers through in a moment of unbridled passion. Now look at you!! Your head looks like a pool cue. When we get into the stadium, I am going to have to put on my sunglasses to hide the glare so that I can see Landry throw another touchdown pass." Again, I could be wrong.

She ain't married to the poor, dumb bastard. She's married to this poor dumb bastard:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4953/dsc0151ty.jpg (http://img33.imageshack.us/i/dsc0151ty.jpg/)

The Profit
3/22/2011, 04:17 PM
She ain't married to the poor, dumb bastard. She's married to this poor dumb bastard:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4953/dsc0151ty.jpg (http://img33.imageshack.us/i/dsc0151ty.jpg/)

Judging from their collective expressions, she could have been married to either one of them. Both of them look like they have just had their azzes handed to them.

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 04:17 PM

Yup for 30 years I hid the Fact I served in Nam:O

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 04:20 PM

There we go Dean, More nOObs talkin shat they aint got a clue about :rolleyes:

The Profit
3/22/2011, 04:27 PM
There we go Dean, More nOObs talkin shat they aint got a clue about :rolleyes:

Vet, I was just teasing him a little. Lighten up.

Tulsa_Fireman
3/22/2011, 04:31 PM
My give-a-damn-o-meter isn't going off for some reason.

Maybe because it's getting interference from my kill-some-more-o-tron and my when-you-come-home-you-should-never-want-for-medical-and-psychological-services-erator.

C&CDean
3/22/2011, 05:00 PM
My give-a-damn-o-meter isn't going off for some reason.

Maybe because it's getting interference from my kill-some-more-o-tron and my when-you-come-home-you-should-never-want-for-medical-and-psychological-services-erator.

You shut your whore union mouth!

Good post.

XingTheRubicon
3/22/2011, 05:06 PM
I can't believe Homey's wife hates Dean

C&CDean
3/22/2011, 05:08 PM
Nobody hates on Dean. Some despise him, but hate is such an ugly word...

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 05:52 PM
Vet, I was just teasing him a little. Lighten up.

Larn to take some ribbin yerslf nOOb :D

yermom
3/22/2011, 06:35 PM
Sorry, but I missed it where he said that was acceptable behavior.

Reminds me of the time I was on jury duty for a murder trial. Everyone said they could deal with circumstantial evidence. After wasting a month in deliberations the holdout finally admitted he could not accept circumstantial evidence. We gave it one more try to get hiis view. The only thing he could come up with was "I can't give a death penalty for stealing a bike". NEVER in the trial was anyone accused of stealing a bike nor was any evidfence of stealing a bike given. The only reference to bicycles was a description of the back yard of the accused perps by a witness during a meeting to borrow a car for the "hit".

people are getting caught up in whining about the pictures. the pictures aren't the issue, more evidence than anything else

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/22/2011, 10:58 PM
I wasn't saying we should base our behavior off what terrorist do. I was just saying if we can forgive a portion of dickheads in their population...surely they can forgive some dickheads of our population. It just bothers me that they are saying this is going to cause problems in the Middle East because of the bad behavior and if they could keep their loons on the FAR FAR right from flying planes into buildings and killing thousands of innocent citizens there wouldn't be our loons over there killing tens upon tens of innocent citizens.

Leroy Lizard
3/22/2011, 11:43 PM
Just because the libs did it to W at every turn doesn't mean it was justified.

Copying liberals, in the long run, will only make you sad...and give you a penchant for begging.

No, it's payback.

GKeeper316
3/23/2011, 02:29 AM

string these sons of bitches up.

the whole reason we're fighting these wars is to protect the lives of the innocent.

Leroy Lizard
3/23/2011, 03:43 AM

It looks like she's denying you visitation rights to your balls.

BudSooner
3/23/2011, 05:40 AM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)You mean she is NOT telling you that the Elk chili tastes like ****?:D

C&CDean
3/23/2011, 07:32 AM
Momma titled this pic: "Yes ma'am."

jk the sooner fan
3/23/2011, 07:38 AM
you could fark military garb on both of you and it would look like a drill sergeant giving instruction to a new recruit

Adrian
3/23/2011, 08:32 AM
http://timvp.com/gomer0.jpg

Aldebaran
3/23/2011, 08:36 AM
The days when DADT was just a twinkle in Clinton's eye.

3rdgensooner
3/24/2011, 02:20 PM
US Army Apologizes for Horrific Photos from Afghanistan (http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,752310,00.html)

The images are repulsive. A group of rogue US Army soldiers in Afghanistan killed innocent civilians and then posed with their bodies. On Monday, SPIEGEL published some of the photos -- and the US military responded promptly with an apology. Still, NATO fears that reactions in Afghanistan could be violent.

The United States and NATO are concerned that reactions could be intense to the publication of images documenting killings committed by US soldiers in Afghanistan. The images appeared in the most recent edition of SPIEGEL, which hit the newsstands on Monday.

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has already telephoned with her Afghan counterpart to discuss the situation. National Security Advisor Tom Donilon has likewise made contact with officials in Kabul. The case threatens to strain already fragile US-Afghan relations at a time when the two countries are negotiating over the establishment of permanent US military bases in Afghanistan.

In a statement released by Colonel Thomas Collins, the US Army, which is currently preparing a court martial to try a total of 12 suspects in connection with the killings, apologized for the suffering the photos have caused. The actions depicted in the photos, the statement read, are "repugnant to us as human beings and contrary to the standards and values of the United States."

The suspected perpetrators are part of a group of US soldiers accused of several killings. Their court martials are expected to start soon. The photos, the army statement said, stand "in stark contrast to the discipline, professionalism and respect that have characterized our soldiers' performance during nearly 10 years of sustained operations."

Major Public Backlash

NormanPride
3/24/2011, 03:21 PM
I was in the UK when this story broke, and I could feel my ears burn as people on the tube read the story around me. It's an embarrassment, plain and simple.

But for every story like this, there are thousands of stories of soldiers helping your average citizen over there that don't get reported. I still have faith in our troops and their leadership.

Aldebaran
3/24/2011, 04:04 PM
But for every story like this, there are thousands of stories of soldiers helping your average citizen over there that don't get reported.

Is fox news still going to that well while reporting stories like this one?

C&CDean
3/24/2011, 04:05 PM

Shouldn't they be?

jk the sooner fan
3/24/2011, 05:14 PM
its not news to some unless its anti-american

C&CDean
3/24/2011, 05:16 PM
its not GOOD news to some unless its anti-american

FIFY

NormanPride
3/24/2011, 05:21 PM
I have no idea what you're implying. I'm just saying that our troops do a much larger amount of good when compared to the trophy civilian kills.

C&CDean
3/24/2011, 05:23 PM
I have no idea what you're implying. I'm just saying that our troops do a much larger amount of good when compared to the trophy civilian kills.

He's just doing the average OUI snarky snark. Trying to get a rise, and failing miserably.

olevetonahill
3/24/2011, 05:26 PM
He's just doing the average OUI snarky snark. Trying to get a rise, and failing miserably.

Bro if Aldebaran aint a chick its a clone of Alan Alda.;)

NormanPride
3/24/2011, 05:28 PM

With that tactic, I think they fit in rather well here. :D

C&CDean
3/24/2011, 05:34 PM
With that tactic, I think they fit in rather well here. :D

Why do you think they're still here?

btb916
3/24/2011, 10:33 PM
Dean, I gather that is a picture of you. What was actually going on?

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/25/2011, 12:47 AM
Forbidden Love...

C&CDean
3/25/2011, 08:05 AM
Dean, I gather that is a picture of you. What was actually going on?

She was telling me a story about her cute blonde daughter and she was quite passionate about it. I was paying attention.

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 08:31 AM
She was telling me a story about her cute blonde daughter and she was quite passionate about it. I was paying attention.

No you were AT attention :D

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 08:33 AM
Mrs Homey, Mrs Dean, and Mrs ST are 3 of the sweetest wimmens ya will ever meet . Oh an PG will always be MY punkin butt.;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/25/2011, 08:46 AM
I thought SicEm was your punkin butt...

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 08:50 AM
I thought SicEm was your punkin butt...

Sheeat Ill hurt someone over Punkin Even tho she gave me my 1st Big NEG
She maybe married But shes MY sweetheart ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/25/2011, 08:52 AM
Did you post a picture of a spider?

olevetonahill
3/25/2011, 08:57 AM
Did you post a picture of a spider?

No, I started a thread about a Tarantula crawlin around the shack. said I picked it up and let it ride around on my shoulder . MY mistake:eek: :D