PDA

View Full Version : Wow, this is like single digit wonderlic score dumb...

sooneron
3/21/2011, 08:41 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Headlinin-8217-All-Americans-Floyd-Barron-bo;_ylt=Av8MSwRhYIzQ5EGeKEo23l4cvrYF?urn=ncaaf-wp202

• The rap sheet, Part Two. Alabama safety Mark Barron, a two-time All-SEC pick and arguably the best player on what figures to be a very nasty Crimson Tide defense this fall, was arrested early Sunday morning on a misdemeanor charge for hindering prosecution in a single-car accident involving his Chrysler 300. According to police, Barron was a passenger when the car struck the center wall of I-10 in Mobile around 5 a.m., and continued to insist that the car had been stolen from a club by a man he knew only as "Bull," even after an officer determined that the driver was actually Barron's cousin, who fled the scene before police arrived. (Name of club: "Shotgun Willies." It is not clear how Barron accounted for being inside a car that he claimed had been taken without his permission, but he stuck to his story so vehemently that the officer "had no other choice but to arrest him.")

Barron was released on $500 bond within an hour of being booked; the maximum sentence for conviction of a Class A misdemeanor is a one-year jail term. Coach Nick Saban said he was aware of the incident and is "gathering information," etc., but Barron was already expected to be limited in spring practice — beginning today — while he continues to rehab the torn pectoral muscle that kept him out of the Capital One Bowl. [TideSports.com]

soonerinabilene
3/21/2011, 08:49 PM
I got nothin'.

jumperstop
3/21/2011, 10:37 PM
If you're a football player and wreck your car drunk, do as Sergio Kendall did. Flee the scene and deal with it in the morning, say you were texting...

No1Better
3/22/2011, 05:47 AM
...or better yet, do as the Longhorns do, get busted with weed in your ride and have the police officer fired - case closed.

XingTheRubicon
3/22/2011, 09:01 AM
I'm always near my car when it's stolen and wrecked at 5am.

BillyBall
3/22/2011, 10:03 AM
If you're a football player and wreck your car drunk, do as Sergio Kendall did. Flee the scene and deal with it in the morning, say you were texting...

Or Lance Briggs.