PDA

View Full Version : Obama has some explaining to do

SoonerNate
3/21/2011, 04:49 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1368314/German-newspaper-publishes-suppressed-photos-U-S-soldiers-posing-partially-naked-Afghan-corpse.html

The U.S. Army has been forced to apologise over what they have deemed as 'repugnant' photographs of grinning American soldiers standing over bloodied and partially-naked Afghan bodies they had allegedly killed.

The pictures were published by German news organisation Der Spiegel and were among 4,000 they have obtained.

Meanwhile, commanders in Afghanistan are bracing themselves for a public backlash and possible riots over the 'trophy' photographs, especially since it has been alleged that the Afghan civilians were unarmed and innocent.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1368314/German-newspaper-publishes-suppressed-photos-U-S-soldiers-posing-partially-naked-Afghan-corpse.html#ixzz1HH0XPppg

jumperstop
3/21/2011, 04:54 PM
That article says nothing about Obama....and if it did it would just be irrationally drawing conclusion from some pictures taken during war....What would make you think Obama is guilty for this ****?

SoonerNate
3/21/2011, 04:56 PM
Then we never should have heard anything about Abu Ghraib and Bush.

DIB
3/21/2011, 04:57 PM
That article says nothing about Obama....and if it did it would just be irrationally drawing conclusion from some pictures taken during war...

I think that is kind of the point of this thread. There were many that claimed that Bush was a war criminal, because of similar pictures from Abu Ghraib and the like.

P.S. This is why we should not get involved in foreign entanglements.

SoonerNate
3/21/2011, 04:58 PM
Someone gets it.

+

yermom
3/21/2011, 05:02 PM
Bush was a war criminal because he institutionalized torture.

do they even say when those photos are from?

jumperstop
3/21/2011, 05:02 PM
Someone gets it.

+

So combat stupidity with stupidity? Makes a lot of sense....

SoonerNate
3/21/2011, 05:03 PM
More like illustrating it to point the flaws of the left even when it gets me neg spek from a 20 year old kid. LMFAO

yermom
3/21/2011, 05:06 PM
i guess the ones in question were from last year. but 4,000 seem like a lot...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/sep/09/us-soldiers-afghan-civilians-fingers

these guys sound like real winners, but i'm guessing they weren't under orders from Obama

Scott D
3/21/2011, 05:10 PM
I decided at one point yes...but then I remembered how many CEO's get away with **** when low level management people act like dicks and screw people over constantly in immoral and sometimes illegal manners and decided no.

SoonerNate
3/21/2011, 05:19 PM
So he many not have ordered it but this is his war and this occurred on HIS watch and he has some explaining to do.

Boarder
3/21/2011, 08:35 PM
So, if he apologizes for this type of thing happening will there be claims of "pandering to the enemy" and how he thinks Americas sucks?

sooner_born_1960
3/21/2011, 09:42 PM
Of course.

Blue
3/21/2011, 09:45 PM
Just another symptom of a 10-year disease called the "War on Terror."

REDREX
3/21/2011, 09:49 PM
Does Barack have to give back his Nobel Peace Prize?

soonercruiser
3/21/2011, 09:53 PM
Bush was a war criminal because he institutionalized torture.

do they even say when those photos are from?

And Clinton was a criminal, lied to a Grand Jury, lied to the American people on TV, and did surrender his law license....didn't he?

The photos of the soldiers and the naked, dead Afghans is rather old stuff....about 1-2 years old I think.
But, part of this came out of some of the Wikileaks stuff I believe.

SoonerNate
3/21/2011, 10:09 PM
This man is the worst President in the history of this nation but due to his race and his election being "historic" it doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do. He will ALWAYS get a pass.

Political Correctness has destroyed this nation beyond repair.

jumperstop
3/21/2011, 10:29 PM
This man is the worst President in the history of this nation but due to his race and his election being "historic" it doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do. He will ALWAYS get a pass.

Political Correctness has destroyed this nation beyond repair.

That's a pretty bold statement. I like how you had to change the title of your thread...worst president in history? Even if true that is so subjective. You just sound like an angry conservative...just like the crazy liberals who said bush was the worst president ever.

SoonerNate
3/21/2011, 10:31 PM
I'm very irritated Jumper. Choosing war in Libya was the last straw for me.

jumperstop
3/21/2011, 10:41 PM
I'm very irritated Jumper. Choosing war in Libya was the last straw for me.

I can tell, but when was the last president who didn't have done military conflict during their presidency. Not saying I agree with guys choice either, but this wasn't just Obama's decision. I don't know enough about the situation though.

SoonerNate
3/21/2011, 10:45 PM
a. We are already stretched too thin
b. There is no stated mission

Both are recipes for disaster

jumperstop
3/21/2011, 10:48 PM
a. We are already stretched too thin
b. There is no stated mission

Both are recipes for disaster

I don't disagree, we should stop playing world police. But that's American policy not Obama. Our economy is heavily based on military and I don't really see that changing anytime soon, whether democrat or republican in the oval office.

SoonerNate
3/21/2011, 10:52 PM
Very true but Obama campaigned against this very thing. In fact, he campaigned that he'd end the Iraq war, that he'd close Guantanamo, etc...

All were false.

okie52
3/21/2011, 11:02 PM

:D

Always beautiful Red

XingTheRubicon
3/22/2011, 09:31 AM
I'm never on Obama's side, but this is just getting old.

C&CDean
3/22/2011, 09:36 AM
I'm never on Obama's side, but this is just getting old.

Yup. We've got a lot of conservatives who do the EXACT same thing as the dumbass liberals do and it grows tiresome for those of us who don't get our opinions off the new channels or by listening to some entertainer. In fact, it's embarrassing. Tit for tat is so 7th grade.

I think Obama is a POS of the highest order, but this ain't why.

C&CDean
3/22/2011, 09:38 AM
Very true but Obama campaigned against this very thing. In fact, he campaigned that he'd end the Iraq war, that he'd close Guantanamo, etc...

All were false.

A POS politician lied. And you're surprised? Pull your head out. He's doing exactly what every other prez does in these situations. He's listening to his "people" and he's following their advice. Only difference is this guy happens to be a donk.

OUMallen
3/22/2011, 09:46 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1368314/German-newspaper-publishes-suppressed-photos-U-S-soldiers-posing-partially-naked-Afghan-corpse.html

Did you really have to start another thread?

Mongo
3/22/2011, 09:57 AM
hypocrisy is funny

yermom
3/22/2011, 09:57 AM

well, i think his was actually first...

AlboSooner
3/22/2011, 09:59 AM
Abu Gharib and torture were allowed from the chain of command. It's quite different from a few nutty soldiers, who may have mental problems. Two wrongs don't make one right.

The continuous bashing of one person, moves us from objective criticism to pure bashing for the sake of bashing, regardless if you bash Bush or Obama.

OULenexaman
3/22/2011, 10:05 AM
Oh my....this is horrible....lord knows that the mooslims NEVER did any trophy killing.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yermom
3/22/2011, 10:10 AM
1) did you read the article?

2) just because the enemy is evil we get license to be just as evil? are we spreading noble goodness across the world or not?

Position Limit
3/22/2011, 10:27 AM
i see sooner nate has recieved his talking points du jour. dynamic politial thought for him is as abstract as a picasso painting.

Mongo
3/22/2011, 10:30 AM
i see sooner nate has recieved his talking points du jour. dynamic politial thought for him is as abstract as a picasso painting.

Picasso is going to be pissed. He clearly painted a bunch of indians and buffalos quite nicely

sappstuf
3/22/2011, 10:35 AM

Obama has now fired more cruise missiles than all other Nobel Peace prize winners combined.

soonercruiser
3/22/2011, 10:38 AM
Abu Gharib and torture were allowed from the chain of command. It's quite different from a few nutty soldiers, who may have mental problems. Two wrongs don't make one right.

The continuous bashing of one person, moves us from objective criticism to pure bashing for the sake of bashing, regardless if you bash Bush or Obama.

Abu Gharib...
I believe that the female Army Reserve General (former Brig. Gen. Janis Karpinski) was the top official charged, or implicated. And she denied accountability. No need to endict the active duty military in "general".
http://www.sptimes.com/2005/05/11/Worldandnation/Abu_Ghraib_general_cr.shtml

SoonerNate
3/22/2011, 10:51 AM

Look again Libtard

SoonerNate
3/22/2011, 10:53 AM

Feel free to debate me at any time.

ad ho·mi·nem   /æd ˈhɒmənəm ‐ˌnɛm, ɑd-/ Show Spelled
[ad hom-uh-nuhm ‐nem, ahd-] Show IPA

–adjective
1. appealing to one's prejudices, emotions, or special interests rather than to one's intellect or reason.
2. attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument.

Scott D
3/23/2011, 05:02 PM
Next week Nate will have on his liberal hat as he will attack Glenn Beck randomly...stay tuned people.

C&CDean
3/23/2011, 05:10 PM
Nate's a little spooky. No need for this thread anymore.