PDA

View Full Version : Holy Sh**t

oulucas
3/20/2011, 07:33 PM
THIS is the guy we want?

I just watched Buzz Williams interviewed at halftime and he seemed like he was late to hit the keg at the party. WTF? We really want this guy?

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/20/2011, 08:05 PM
His team is in the NCAA tourney and we are watching...

zandozan
3/20/2011, 08:54 PM
He just knocked off the 3 seed and is in the Sweet 16 with an 11. Ya I think I'd take him.

OU_Sooners75
3/20/2011, 09:03 PM
Well, the price to get him just keeps going up the more he wins this year!

Dont think for one second that Marquette won't throw all they can at him to retain him. Especially since Basketball is King at Marquette (no football program)!

LiveLaughLove
3/20/2011, 09:21 PM
Well, the price to get him just keeps going up the more he wins this year!

Dont think for one second that Marquette won't throw all they can at him to retain him. Especially since Basketball is King at Marquette (no football program)!

Yeah, I'm happy for them with their win, but he may have just became untouchable.

Not that we can't out money them, but there's more to it than just money. Would be hard to leave there after the success they are having.

picasso
3/20/2011, 09:48 PM
THIS is the guy we want?

I just watched Buzz Williams interviewed at halftime and he seemed like he was late to hit the keg at the party. WTF? We really want this guy?

We just fired as smooth a talker as you'll find.

sooner59
3/20/2011, 10:19 PM
THIS is the guy we want?

Well, its worked in the past. I knew a guy that sold weed to a certain player when Kelvin was here on a regular basis. I won't say his name, because no need to incriminate the guy on a message board. He was pretty good though. And he was not alone in that. A few teammates smoked with him all the time. Not that its desirable to have those like that, but for every person that makes the news for that, 20 others are doing it and don't. It sucks, but its just something a coach has to intervene on and inspire them to put it down and focus on school and bball.

yankee
3/20/2011, 10:20 PM
To the OP, you don't have to censor out the word shoot. It's perfectly acceptable.

sperry
3/20/2011, 11:48 PM
Is OU a better job than Marquette? It seems like a lateral move to me.

Boomer.....
3/21/2011, 07:32 AM
OU IS a better job than Marquette.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/21/2011, 08:22 AM

Is it?

stoopified
3/21/2011, 08:35 AM

I love OU but no,it isn't.I guarantee if you polled college basketball coaches Marquette is a better basketball job.Likewise if you conducted a national survey of college basketball media and for that matter fans.It is a leadpipe cinch Marquette is the choice.

OULenexaman
3/21/2011, 08:42 AM
THIS is the guy we want?

I just watched Buzz Williams interviewed at halftime and he seemed like he was late to hit the keg at the party. WTF? We really want this guy?......that's why he's called BUZZ.:D

stoops the eternal pimp
3/21/2011, 08:43 AM
Is OU a better job than Marquette? It seems like a lateral move to me.

At best, a lateral move IMO...No way he takes the OU job

C&CDean
3/21/2011, 09:54 AM
OK. I'm just curious. Everybody on this board has this whole thing figured out. Has Joe C said something that would make everyone think "Coach A" or "Coach B" are even in the running? If not, y'all are giant dingleberries.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/21/2011, 10:00 AM
I have giant dingleberries because i haven't shaved my *** in a while

fwsooner22
3/21/2011, 10:17 AM
Well that was enlightening.

WichitaSooner
3/21/2011, 10:59 AM
Well, its worked in the past. I knew a guy that sold weed to a certain player when Kelvin was here on a regular basis. I won't say his name, because no need to incriminate the guy on a message board. He was pretty good though. And he was not alone in that. A few teammates smoked with him all the time. Not that its desirable to have those like that, but for every person that makes the news for that, 20 others are doing it and don't. It sucks, but its just something a coach has to intervene on and inspire them to put it down and focus on school and bball.

My money is on Jabari Brown or Matt Gipson... I'm just sayin'

stoops the eternal pimp
3/21/2011, 11:05 AM
Marijuana and basketball go hand in hand with each other..heck, marijuana has only become a banned substance in the NBA in the last 10 years I think and didn't really have any kind of testing for until the last 5 or 6

jumperstop
3/21/2011, 11:15 AM
Marijuana and basketball go hand in hand with each other..heck, marijuana has only become a banned substance in the NBA in the last 10 years I think and didn't really have any kind of testing for until the last 5 or 6

Weed probably a lot less harmful to the athleticism of a player than drinking. If a player went and got stoned the night before a game, there would be no effects the next day. If they went and got hella drunk, they might not feel great the next day.

nativesooner
3/21/2011, 11:19 AM
It may be better to have someone that acts like a drunk, than someone that is?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JAtlQGqPg_M/S9ckzONyZmI/AAAAAAAADR0/hR4Tz4L-7F4/s1600/bcgmugshot.jpg

sooner59
3/21/2011, 11:31 AM
My money is on Jabari Brown or Matt Gipson... I'm just sayin'

Heh. Not who I was talking about, but I definitely see where you are coming from.

bornnbredou
3/21/2011, 11:48 AM
I just watched the halftime interview from the game and I dont see anything about it that makes him look like a drunk?

bornnbredou
3/21/2011, 11:50 AM
i give him props for wanting to get in the locker room with his team instead of talkin it up with a reporter

Soonerjeepman
3/21/2011, 12:07 PM
Weed probably a lot less harmful to the athleticism of a player than drinking. If a player went and got stoned the night before a game, there would be no effects the next day. If they went and got hella drunk, they might not feel great the next day.

hence more popular...I'm guessing...:rolleyes:

Soonerjeepman
3/21/2011, 12:08 PM
I'm for Buzz...hell it'd be nice to have coach with a little fire and smack...I loved Billy Ball...