PDA

View Full Version : Jefferson to OLB??

PLaw
3/20/2011, 02:36 PM
Just saw this on the spring two-deep. Maybe this has already been posted, but I thought Jefferson would lock down the strong safety job. It sounds like they are giving AC a look there this spring. At 5-10 and a buck-99, TJ seems a little light for that role.

BOOMER

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/20/2011, 02:38 PM
Already been posted. The spring depth chart is worthless and will not stay that way. They list people in different positions because of injuries or for other various reasons

yankee
3/20/2011, 02:49 PM
Already been posted. The spring depth chart is worthless and will not stay that way. They list people in different positions because of injuries or for other various reasons

lol shot down.

cccasooner2
3/20/2011, 03:07 PM
lol shot down.

But don't let that stop anyone from posting their opinions again. :)

oudavid1
3/20/2011, 04:16 PM
But don't let that stop anyone from posting their opinions again. :)

or pictures of tweets?

Stooper
3/20/2011, 06:57 PM
Speaking of the two-deep, I was reading the paper and saw the depth chart. I did not see Trey Millards name at fullback, did he have a minor surgery or something?

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/20/2011, 08:02 PM
Speaking of the two-deep, I was reading the paper and saw the depth chart. I did not see Trey Millards name at fullback, did he have a minor surgery or something?

Some injury...not sure

He WILL be the starter though

Big John
3/21/2011, 11:32 PM
The defense shown was a nickel defense. Jefferson was a nickel back last season, and Ibiloye (listed as a backup) is also a nickel-back like Nic Harris used to be. They just didn't change the OLB to NB. Millard is injured, but it's nothing serious.

jersey sooner
3/21/2011, 11:53 PM
Am I dreaming, or did one of the coaches make up a name for how they were using Roy?

jersey sooner
3/22/2011, 09:54 PM
The defense shown was a nickel defense. Jefferson was a nickel back last season, and Ibiloye (listed as a backup) is also a nickel-back like Nic Harris used to be. They just didn't change the OLB to NB. Millard is injured, but it's nothing serious.

The position actually is called the "ROY." Guess who we named it after? I have a feeling they're going to continue using him a lot of the same ways we used Roy, in that LB/SS roaming position. I would actually bet on it, because that's what he did all last year, and thrived. It will be more adjusted to the spread/pass happy times we are playing in though, so it won't look exactly the same.

texaspokieokie
3/23/2011, 06:44 AM
Who is "we" ???

NOVSooner
3/23/2011, 07:14 AM
wonder if they've shown jefferson the clip of "superman" play? he should watch that every day. I do....

PalmBeachSooner
3/23/2011, 01:12 PM

He had minor shoulder surgery but takes about 4 months to fully heal.

jersey sooner
3/23/2011, 01:13 PM
He had minor shoulder surgery but takes about 4 months to fully heal.

When did he have the surgery?

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/23/2011, 01:21 PM
When did he have the surgery?

I reckon less than 4 months ago

jersey sooner
3/23/2011, 01:32 PM
Good one. I was hoping he knew something more specific, though. Like a date.