PDA

View Full Version : Hell hath frozen over

Veritas
3/20/2011, 12:40 PM
Michael Moore and I agree on something.

Michael Moore rips Obama over Libya (http://thehill.com/blogs/twitter-room/other-news/150857-michael-moore-rips-obama-over-libya-)

Moore, a frequent critic of President Bush for launching the Iraq War, unleashed a string on tweets comparing the U.S. military's mission in Libya to Iraq and Afghanistan, using a mantra coined by Charlie Sheen:

It's only cause we're defending the Libyan people from a tyrant! That's why we bombed the Saudis last wk! Hahaha. Pentagon=comedy

And we always follow the French's lead! Next thing you know, we'll have free health care & free college! Yay war!

We've had a "no-fly zone" over Afghanistan for over 9 yrs. How's that going? #WINNING !

Khadaffy must've planned 9/11! #excuses

Khadaffy must've had WMD! #excusesthatwork

Khadaffy must've threatened to kill somebody's daddy! #daddywantedjeb

What a laughable failure Obama has become. Or...maybe he's a great uniter of peoples as I never thought I'd have a gram in common with Michael Moore.

picasso
3/20/2011, 01:30 PM
Moore is a media/money whore.

rekamrettuB
3/20/2011, 01:32 PM
What does the # sign represent in a twit?

cccasooner2
3/20/2011, 01:33 PM
I'm not a Michael Moore fan either, but this crap of defending the world against everything is insane. Too much I want to say......My momma said, "If you can't say something nice...." shiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttt, I'm getting so frustrated. :mad:

OU Engineer
3/20/2011, 01:33 PM
What does the # sign represent in a twit?

its called a "hash tag". it allows twitter to categorize the tweet so if you search for that phrase every tweet with that phrase in it appears.

StoopTroup
3/20/2011, 01:35 PM

picasso
3/20/2011, 01:36 PM
He's found his nitch Pic....lol

Yeah yeah. It would be one thing if he sincerely wanted to do some good but he's all about the money. He's even said as much.

Leroy Lizard
3/20/2011, 01:57 PM
its called a "hash tag". it allows twitter to categorize the tweet so if you search for that phrase every tweet with that phrase in it appears.

Why hash tag "winning"?

yermom
3/20/2011, 02:04 PM
that's technically what it's for from the Twitter software, it's also a meta thing where you make a joke/comment about the content of your message. like the tag threads option other vBulletin forums have enabled

GrapevineSooner
3/20/2011, 02:28 PM
If you go to Twitter and see what's "trending", that's where hashtags come into play.

BudSooner
3/20/2011, 02:37 PM
Heh, this and Charlie Sheen going on tour....weird day.

Soonrboy
3/20/2011, 09:40 PM
funny how Michael Moore is an insane *** until he says something that you agree with. Not funny, really. Just meh.

Blue
3/20/2011, 09:48 PM
It is funny. It's like Bush bailing out everybody and their banker brother for the sake of capitalism. Obama the Nobel Peace prize winning warmonger. Heh It's Bizarro world and the liberals heads are probably spinning on how to justify it.

tcrb
3/20/2011, 09:54 PM
funny how Michael Moore is an insane *** until he says something that you agree with. Not funny, really. Just meh.

Moore is still an idiot. Just because he finally had a moment of clear thinking doesnt change that fact. I wondered how long it would take some of the peaceniks that bashed Bush over Iraq to step up and take the same stance against Barry and his "Wars of Aggression" in Afghanistan and now Libya. In any case, I'll say it again...MM is still a friggin' idiot.

picasso
3/20/2011, 09:56 PM
Yep, no war for oil. Unless it's umm a Democrat in office.

Veritas
3/20/2011, 10:01 PM
--> the point

--> the tropopause

--> your head

soonercruiser
3/20/2011, 10:38 PM
Yep, no war for oil. Unless it's umm a Democrat in office.

It's all about "VOTES"! (and therefore oil)
:D

KantoSooner
3/21/2011, 03:14 PM
Ghadafy has been an enemy of this country forever. This is the best shot we've had to rid the world of him for 40 years. And we got obviously dragged into it by the Saudis and French.

Doesn't bother me in the least.

MM forgets (if he ever got this far in his history book before he decided he knew it all already) that we already had the big isolationism debate. Back when Woodrow Wilson was president. Then, of course, we had it again, when FDR was president. It's strange to me that we keep having to convince ourselves that events in the broader world really DO affect us and are, therefore, things we ought to be aware of and an arena in which we should be active. It's even stranger that the debate is typically held under the watch of a Democrat, and that the conclusion is always the same.

Ghadafy needs to go. Flick. No biggie.

sooneron
3/21/2011, 03:29 PM
We should have carpet bombed that place the second the Lockerbie bomber stepped off the plane.

walkoffsooner
3/21/2011, 04:46 PM
Both parties are full of crooks and insane people, if anyone votes straight party they are crazy. That time has passed, our last 2 presidents have proven that.

SoonerNate
3/21/2011, 05:02 PM
Michael Moore and I agree on something.

Michael Moore rips Obama over Libya (http://thehill.com/blogs/twitter-room/other-news/150857-michael-moore-rips-obama-over-libya-)

What a laughable failure Obama has become. Or...maybe he's a great uniter of peoples as I never thought I'd have a gram in common with Michael Moore.

Now you see what some of us have been saying for months on end. Welcome home.

tcrb
3/21/2011, 06:52 PM
Both parties are full of crooks and insane people, if anyone votes straight party they are crazy. That time has passed, our last 2 presidents have proven that.

Frankly, the past two presidents have been far less abominations than those elected to serve in both sides of the legislature.

jkjsooner
3/21/2011, 10:56 PM
Moore is still an idiot. Just because he finally had a moment of clear thinking doesnt change that fact. I wondered how long it would take some of the peaceniks that bashed Bush over Iraq to step up and take the same stance against Barry and his "Wars of Aggression" in Afghanistan and now Libya. In any case, I'll say it again...MM is still a friggin' idiot.

I just want to point out that we had a no-fly zone over Iraq throughout the end of the Bush 1 presidency, the entire Clinton years and in the early stage of Bush 2. We even had occasional military strikes in that period (between Gulf Wars).

If we send ground troops into Libya and try to rebuild the country then I'll be the first to criticize. IUntil we reach that point I'd say we're a lot closer to the period between the Gulf Wars.

Many of us complain about the Iraq war because of the cost of American lives, the financial cost, and the fact that we were lied to by the administration who cherry picked intelligence data and constantly tried to convince the American people that there was a connection between Sadaam Hussein and 9/11. (Meanwhile everyone knew that Hussein was a sworn enemy of bin Laden.)

To my knowledge, none of these issues apply to Libya (though I've been extemely busy the last few days and have had little opportunities to watch the news or read the papers).

Note: I was the first to defend our moral right to go into Iraq. (Not that I necessarily thought it was in our best interest or we should.) Even while defending Bush's decision (I was highly critical of how he made implicit connections between Hussein and 9/11.) Colin Powell even convinced me Iraq had WMD's. Only after finding out how the administration misled the American people did I turn on them (the administration not the troops). If you lie and mislead me on such a serious issue you've lost my confidence. I believe it's even worse for people like me who actually trusted the administration. They betrayed my (and our) trust.

Anyway, the point is that we're a long ways away from Iraq right now.

walkoffsooner
3/22/2011, 07:24 AM
Frankly, the past two presidents have been far less abominations than those elected to serve in both sides of the legislature.

I agree

OklahomaTuba
3/22/2011, 08:33 AM
Excuse me while I laugh at the Obumblefuc voters.....

OULenexaman
3/22/2011, 10:08 AM
I wonder what Oprah thinks now....

Veritas
3/22/2011, 10:41 AM
Excuse me while I laugh at the Obumblefuc voters.....
At least you can laugh at them. I want to throat punch them.

SoonerNate
3/22/2011, 10:46 AM
Obama has now fired more cruise missiles than any other Nobel Peace Prize Winner. He has tiger blood

olevetonahill
3/22/2011, 10:47 AM
Back to the original premise .
If MM said Bacon was good I would have to readjust my thinking about Bacon :pop: