PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to good old fashioned

MamaMia
3/20/2011, 12:34 PM
super secret, special service, extra quiet, masked up, black suit wearing, silencer gun toting, knife carrying, mega killing machine, martial art assassinating expert type soldiers who don't technically exist but swim onto shore and take out the bad guy while we blame it on rebel forces? :confused:

From the bits and piece I could gather from the puzzle of his life, and the strangers who spoke at his wake, I ascertained that my uncle was one of those. We didn't know it until his funeral though. I was his favorite niece and yet I knew nothing. He passed away quietly in his sleep at the age of 70. He slowed down those last few years, but I don't think he ever fully retired in that he was always traveling to places after the phone would ring. His wife had died while in her twenties. He was gone a lot back in the day. He only had one son, who my age. My granny raised him. He was like a brother to me and still calls me "Sis." All along, we thought he did silly little investigations for Santa Fe Railroad, like "finding old ladies purses." Thats what he told us. :P

Low and behold, I show up at his funeral and the place was swarming with military brass, a former POTUS, and lots of black car driving, sunglass wearing looker outers.

StoopTroup
3/20/2011, 01:53 PM

cantwait48
3/20/2011, 07:38 PM
cool, which potus?

OUHOMER
3/20/2011, 08:16 PM
Cool, makes you wonder what all he did and saw.

MamaMia
3/20/2011, 08:29 PM
cool, which potus?Jimmy Carter and his wife.

olevetonahill
3/20/2011, 08:54 PM
they are still around Mom
Just ya aint gonna know it till what happened to your uncle happens to them .

47straight
3/20/2011, 10:14 PM
Clearly your uncle must have been a damn fine American. My condolences on your loss.

soonercruiser
3/20/2011, 10:35 PM
Condolences Mama.
Yes, there is a lot that we do not know as normal citizens.
And yes again, thank GOD there are still fine young American men who will do this when called upon.

IndySooner
3/20/2011, 11:10 PM
Funny. We recently found out that my uncle was one, too.

MamaMia
3/21/2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks guys. I miss him lots. He was a fun uncle, He was the kind of uncle who would rather play baseball with the kids than cards with the grownups. :)
Funny. We recently found out that my uncle was one, too.Did you find out the same way I did?

jumperstop
3/21/2011, 10:11 AM
I wish I had a secret service uncle.....

But the reason it's old fashion is because you won't know about their lifestyle until it's "old fashion".

sooneron
3/21/2011, 10:12 AM
Those uncles are the best.
Condolences, Mama.

MamaMia
3/21/2011, 10:13 AM
I wish I had a secret service uncle.....

But the reason it's old fashion is because you won't know about their lifestyle until it's "old fashion".

You could have one you don't know about. If they do still have them, I guess you just never know until the end. I suppose it has to be that way.

sooneron
3/21/2011, 10:14 AM
I will say, that this is the first thing that I thought of when I saw this thread title!

i415QwSj0Og

WichitaSooner
3/21/2011, 11:13 AM
You could have one you don't know about. If they do still have them, I guess you just never know until the end. I suppose it has to be that way.

You'd be amazed at how many people are running around that can't tell anybody what they do because they spend their life protecting national security... But, then again, if you WEREN'T amazed, it means they aren't doing their job right... So be thankful for that...

MamaMia
3/21/2011, 11:19 AM
You'd be amazed at how many people are running around that can't tell anybody what they do because they spend their life protecting national security... But, then again, if you WEREN'T amazed, it means they aren't doing their job right... So be thankful for that...Yes, we should all be very thankful. May God bless all our soldiers and keep them safe. :)

jumperstop
3/21/2011, 11:22 AM

Unless it's a uncle or relative I don't know about then no, I probably don't have one that's secret service. :)

Aldebaran
3/21/2011, 11:22 AM
Are you people talking about the kind of folks conservatives like to blow the cover of when their spouse does something daddy W doesn't like?

I think they all work as consultants for hollywood making epic esplosions that blow small minds, now.

soonerchk
3/21/2011, 11:26 AM
Condolences on your loss, and how cool you got to find all this out. Maybe he kept a journal?

Jammin'
3/21/2011, 01:17 PM
You'd be amazed at how many people are running around that can't tell anybody what they do because they spend their life protecting national security... But, then again, if you WEREN'T amazed, it means they aren't doing their job right... So be thankful for that...

I bet we pretty much all fit into the first part in some manner. The second, not so much.

Sorry for your lose. Cool story.