PDA

View Full Version : Kris Kluwe On CBA Mess

sooner59
3/19/2011, 07:13 PM
This is kinda funny. He drew it out and everything. :D

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Vikings-punter-Kluwe-gets-creative-in-describing?urn=nfl-wp363

http://mit.zenfs.com/209/2011/03/yahoo_kluwe1.jpg

http://mit.zenfs.com/209/2011/03/yahoo_kluwe2.jpg

Collier11
3/19/2011, 07:24 PM
That letter that Roger Goodell sent is probably one of the most idiotic and unprofessional things ive ever seen and im glad the players are hammering him on it

KNEE BRACE
3/19/2011, 07:25 PM
Sums it up pretty well

pappy
3/19/2011, 07:55 PM
poor guy.

Leroy Lizard
3/20/2011, 12:35 AM
That letter that Roger Goodell sent is probably one of the most idiotic and unprofessional things ive ever seen and im glad the players are hammering him on it

Can I be the one to tell him? :D

(And yes, I realize you were joking.)

Collier11
3/20/2011, 12:36 AM
go for it

Leroy Lizard
3/20/2011, 12:56 AM
go for it

Dammit, I can't insult you when you ask for it like that.

Collier11
3/20/2011, 01:09 AM
And I wasnt joking, the commissioner is supposed to be neutral, even if hired by the owners...what he sent out in that letter was laughable

sooner59
3/20/2011, 01:22 AM
It was a fail from the beginning. The actually letter read, "Dear NFL Player" or something like that. You want people to work with you...show them you will have people take the time to put their actual name in it. Hell, they had to mail it out with the players' names on them anyway. It was just lazy to not personalize them. It continued downhill from there.

Collier11
3/20/2011, 01:26 AM
the commish does not interfere in the way Goodell has, retarded

sooner59
3/20/2011, 02:56 AM
Goodell seems to think he is God of football, silver spoon, etc. He better wake up and work this crap out or he is gonna go down as one of the worst commissioners. At the end of the day, if there is no football, history will look at the commish.

Leroy Lizard
3/20/2011, 10:56 AM
It was a fail from the beginning. The actually letter read, "Dear NFL Player" or something like that. You want people to work with you...show them you will have people take the time to put their actual name in it. Hell, they had to mail it out with the players' names on them anyway. It was just lazy to not personalize them. It continued downhill from there.

I'm not sure you want to personalize that letter, for that would make it appear that you are trying to play the individual off against the rest of the players.

Is the NFLPA trying to have it both ways here?

Jacie
3/20/2011, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure you want to personalize that letter, for that would make it appear that you are trying to play the individual off against the rest of the players.

Is the NFLPA trying to have it both ways here?

You are employed by a university, correct? Your employer sends form letters out to students, staff, faculty and donors all the time. If it is anything like the university where my wife works, the name of the intended recipient is on that letter, no matter what the subject or how many of them are going out. I know because in the case of my wife, she is often the person on point who has to ensure that those names are on those letters. It is just good form.

OUmillenium
3/21/2011, 01:01 PM
So Leroy is wrong...again

Leroy Lizard
3/21/2011, 01:57 PM
You are employed by a university, correct? Your employer sends form letters out to students, staff, faculty and donors all the time. If it is anything like the university where my wife works, the name of the intended recipient is on that letter, no matter what the subject or how many of them are going out.

This is not a letter seeking donations or reaching out to alumni. This is a letter going to a member of a "union" from a corporate head. The rules can change.

BTW, OUmillenium, when I write "I'm not sure" I mean "I am not sure." I have never encountered this situation before and I would probably ask legal counsel for their opinions on this matter. I certainly would not boneheadedly assume that because I personalize donor requests that I should personalize labor dispute letters. Because that would be boneheaded.

KNEE BRACE
3/21/2011, 04:57 PM
ROGER, THINK ABOUT THE FANTASY LEAGUES YOU BUFFOON

SoonerBread
3/21/2011, 11:58 PM
This is not a letter seeking donations or reaching out to alumni. This is a letter going to a member of a "union" from a corporate head. The rules can change.

This is generally correct. Dealing with collectively bargained "employees" (players, in this case) limits what you can and can not do and say in written correspondence.

Leroy Lizard
3/22/2011, 12:09 AM
Yep. I'm not suggesting that the letter was a good idea. I would imagine that he sought counsel before doing so, but nothing surprises me anymore.