PDA

View Full Version : Luby's Ya - What should we eat?

GrapevineSooner
3/19/2011, 12:33 PM
Because I've never eaten there.

sooner59
3/19/2011, 12:34 PM
Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and macaroni is a good start. :D

StoopTroup
3/19/2011, 12:52 PM

OU Engineer
3/19/2011, 01:03 PM
the jello is always good.

StoopTroup
3/19/2011, 01:04 PM

Partial Qualifier
3/19/2011, 01:30 PM
Beware of ravenous senior citizens

jumperstop
3/19/2011, 02:21 PM
Any buffet that's not chinese is a waste of money. Why spend 10 dollars a person for a variety of half good foods? I would rather spend that 10 on a plate from Carino's that's going to be awesome.

Leroy Lizard
3/19/2011, 04:15 PM
My most hated restaurant, if you can call it that. (More like a middle school cafeteria.)

What I hate are all the servings on individual plates. And the food is bottom-of-the-barrel. Essentially, they open a one-gallon drum of green beans and dump into a tray. They can't even spice up the food because all the old people get sick.

Any restaurant frequented by senior citizens isn't worth a damn.

Leroy Lizard
3/19/2011, 04:16 PM
Any buffet that's not chinese is a waste of money. Why spend 10 dollars a person for a variety of half good foods? I would rather spend that 10 on a plate from Carino's that's going to be awesome.

Thai buffets are awesome. The one on the corner of Berry and Lindsey (forgot the name) is really good.

cccasooner2
3/19/2011, 04:22 PM
The Swedish Inn in Westchester 1969-1983 was awesome. The Swedish Inn in Santa Monica not so much.

C&CDean
3/19/2011, 04:42 PM
Thai buffets are awesome. The one on the corner of Berry and Lindsey (forgot the name) is really good.

Thai Kum Koon. It is pretty good for a buffet. Kum Koon. Heh.

JohnnyMack
3/19/2011, 04:53 PM
Lead.

- George Hennard

C&CDean
3/19/2011, 04:55 PM
WTF are you jabbering about?

OU Engineer
3/19/2011, 05:31 PM

Pad Thai is teh bestest!

jumperstop
3/19/2011, 07:30 PM

Close enough...what I'm talking about is paying 10 bucks to get ****ty fried chicken, pizza, mac and cheese and chewy ribs. Followed with soft serve with choice of gummy bears and chocolate chips that some snot nose kid ran his hands all through. Want a premium buffet go to the crab leg buffet at Riverwind, it's expensive but the bomb.

buck
3/19/2011, 11:38 PM
"Harold and I found a delicious new cafeteria....It's called Luby's and it's next to Crossroads Mall" (The Purcell Register Gossip Column, 1988)

sooner59
3/19/2011, 11:49 PM
I can't remember the last time I went to a buffet that wasn't Thai or Chinese really. I never go to Luby's or Furr's, but I remember when my family was poorer back when I was young, Furr's was fine dining to me. If it was someone's birthday, we got Red Lobster. that was about it. I would much rather go to a cafe or diner and get better food than buffet's.

EDIT: I take that back. Had a brunch buffet with the future in-laws at a nice little mexican place in Dallas. It was damn good, actually.

Leroy Lizard
3/20/2011, 12:39 AM
I can't remember the last time I went to a buffet that wasn't Thai or Chinese really. I never go to Luby's or Furr's, but I remember when my family was poorer back when I was young, Furr's was fine dining to me. If it was someone's birthday, we got Red Lobster. that was about it. I would much rather go to a cafe or diner and get better food than buffet's.

EDIT: I take that back. Had a brunch buffet with the future in-laws at a nice little mexican place in Dallas. It was damn good, actually.

I forgot all about Furr's --- the worst... except my dad used to take us to the Grange Hall for dinner.

texaspokieokie
3/20/2011, 08:30 AM
My most hated restaurant, if you can call it that. (More like a middle school cafeteria.)

What I hate are all the servings on individual plates. And the food is bottom-of-the-barrel. Essentially, they open a one-gallon drum of green beans and dump into a tray. They can't even spice up the food because all the old people get sick.

Any restaurant frequented by senior citizens isn't worth a damn.

it's worth a "damn" if you're a senior citizen. i like Lubys.

GDC
3/20/2011, 08:09 PM
Misal's lunch time buffet is one of my favorites.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/20/2011, 08:50 PM
Here's what you do...Go there walk in...turn around and walk out...Go somewhere else