PDA

View Full Version : Are there any sites y'all know about that you can

MamaMia
3/18/2011, 10:56 PM
have a ringtone sent to an iPhone for a one time charge, instead of a monthly fee?

Blue
3/18/2011, 11:33 PM
nm

StoopTroup
3/18/2011, 11:37 PM

Blue
3/18/2011, 11:38 PM
Damn str8 nm.

It was really bad. Like 100 times a Rickroll. I couldn't do it. :D

MamaMia
3/18/2011, 11:46 PM
I told my little 8 year old neice that you guys would be able to help her with this. I think I'll tell her thats there is no such site. We looked at a couple but once you get to the Terms amd Conditions parts its not one fee per download. Its just a scam.

soonerinkaty
3/18/2011, 11:48 PM
you can make a ringtone through itunes for free or download a free app as well...

StoopTroup
3/18/2011, 11:57 PM

jumperstop
3/19/2011, 12:10 AM
I use myxer.com for my ringtones

jumperstop
3/19/2011, 12:11 AM
All free btw

MamaMia
3/19/2011, 12:23 AM
We tried. I give up. :D

I think I'll call an apple technician tomorrow and have them walk us through it.

StoopTroup
3/19/2011, 12:52 AM

jumperstop
3/19/2011, 12:59 AM
We tried. I give up. :D

I think I'll call an apple technician tomorrow and have them walk us through it.

I'm glad I wasn't made fun of after my post. I thought this might be a "boomer sooner ringtone" thread when I first posted in it.

GKeeper316
3/19/2011, 01:16 AM
without knowing what specific ringtone, you wont get a good answer. is it a song? or just a .wav file?

at any rate, if its a song, just dl it and convert it to whatever format the phone uses for audio playback, load it onto the phone and set it as ringtone. most phones use mp3.

MamaMia
3/19/2011, 01:34 AM
without knowing what specific ringtone, you wont get a good answer. is it a song? or just a .wav file?

at any rate, if its a song, just dl it and convert it to whatever format the phone uses for audio playback, load it onto the phone and set it as ringtone. most phones use mp3.

Shes in bed now, or I would ask her. All I know is that its some Justin Bieber song she likes. Right now shes stuck with a Patsy Cline song. Not too cool for her age group. She has a hand-me-down 4G that my sister only had for a week; didn't like it so she got a Droid. There is an iTunes app.

SicEmBaylor
3/19/2011, 04:01 AM
I can't imagine why people who can't do something as simple as make their own ringtone even buy and use an iPhone. Doing both are so fundamentally basic that it boggles my mind why someone would have to ask how to do it.

:sigh:

It's ever so slightly "complex" (relative to the mac method) on a PC and stupid-easy on a Mac. If you have a Mac, just fire up Garage Band and import whatever song or sound file you want to make into a ringtone. Select the 30-second part of the file that you want as your ringtone and then export it to iTunes.

Piece. of. Cake.

And don't tell me that's too hard for your niece. I knew my way around BASIC pretty well at 5 and was writing code at 7.

Now I can't do jack-**** now as far as coding, but there was a time...

SicEmBaylor
3/19/2011, 04:05 AM

This is incorrect. The mp3 file must first be converted to AAC and then the extension changed to .m4r which is the proprietary file format that Apple uses for ringtones on the iPhone.

The steps to making a ringtone in either mac/pc are as follows:

1. Convert to AAC
2. Trim the file down to 30 seconds
3. Save as an AAC
4. Changle the file extension to .m4r
5. Export or drag and drop into iTunes
-You will know if you were successful in creating a ringtone because the ringtone will show up under the ringtone tab in iTunes. If you don't see the ringtone tab in iTunes then enable it under preferences.

SicEmBaylor
3/19/2011, 04:07 AM
isn't that a bit of a pain in the ringtone?

Not unless pushing a button that says "create ringtone" constitutes being a pain in the ***.

SicEmBaylor
3/19/2011, 04:09 AM
I'll tell you what Mom...if you still can't figure it out by tomorrow then let me know what song she wants as a ringtone and I'll make you one and send it to you via email. All you have to do is save it and move it to iTunes.

proud gonzo
3/19/2011, 03:28 PM
Or how about, we could all NOT help out, let her keep the legendary Patsy Cline ringtone, and NOT perpetuate the untalented, overrated, obnoxious, stupid-haired, lookin-like-a-girl abomination to music, known as Justin Bieber.

sooner_born_1960
3/19/2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks, sicem. I'm glad someone offered to help out.

soonerinkaty
3/19/2011, 03:33 PM
Shes over Bieber, now it Rebecca Black.

MamaMia
3/19/2011, 03:35 PM
I'll tell you what Mom...if you still can't figure it out by tomorrow then let me know what song she wants as a ringtone and I'll make you one and send it to you via email. All you have to do is save it and move it to iTunes.Thanks. :)

Shes at a friends right now, but I'll let you know.

SicEmBaylor
3/19/2011, 04:55 PM
Check your e-mail. I sent you the ringtone.

Sooner_Bob
3/19/2011, 07:30 PM
I use myxer.com for my ringtones

Phonezoo works too.

proud gonzo
3/20/2011, 10:52 PM

Thanks, SicEm, that's awesome! We appreciate it.

soonerbrat
3/21/2011, 12:03 PM
This is incorrect. The mp3 file must first be converted to AAC and then the extension changed to .m4r which is the proprietary file format that Apple uses for ringtones on the iPhone.

The steps to making a ringtone in either mac/pc are as follows:

1. Convert to AAC
2. Trim the file down to 30 seconds
3. Save as an AAC
4. Changle the file extension to .m4r
5. Export or drag and drop into iTunes
-You will know if you were successful in creating a ringtone because the ringtone will show up under the ringtone tab in iTunes. If you don't see the ringtone tab in iTunes then enable it under preferences.

i did this, and the new software will not let you drag and drop ringtones to your iphone. you have to sync, which erased all my music.

soonerbrat
3/21/2011, 12:06 PM
http://www.ehow.com/how_2160460_custom-iphone-ringtones-free.html

KuppiKunta
3/21/2011, 12:21 PM
First of all....why the hell does and 8 yr old need an iphone?

Secondly....use this site for unlimited free ringtones.

http://audiko.net/

proud gonzo
3/21/2011, 04:21 PM

THAT is a very good question.

TitoMorelli
3/21/2011, 07:42 PM
Or how about, we could all NOT help out, let her keep the legendary Patsy Cline ringtone, and NOT perpetuate the untalented, overrated, obnoxious, stupid-haired, lookin-like-a-girl abomination to music, known as Justin Bieber.

+a zillion

salth2o
3/21/2011, 08:01 PM
Phonezoo works too.

Phonezoo.com is what I use and I like it a lot. Its very easy and FREE.

TitoMorelli
3/21/2011, 08:08 PM
A couple of other thoughts, may or may not apply to iPhones (I'm still a PC user, droid owner).

1) I've made a couple of dozen custom ringtones using sound editing software. Songs, sound clips from movies, whatever catches my eye. You can get the exact slice of the song you like, add fade-out, other effects. Lots of fun if one is so inclined. Why settle for only having a "Boomer Sooner" tone for your OU buddies when you can also make your own "Fanfare & Oklahoma" tone?

2) Years ago I used to just click to listen to the sample ringtones, then open up the temporary cache and copy the .mp3 files to a different folder before they were removed from the temp files folder. Of course, later versions of MS (beginning with ME or XP, I think) apparently encrypt the names of those files, so that they can't be identified.

Since then I've discovered that some free programs that enable you to download YouTube videos as permanent files will also sometimes let you download mp3 files.

MamaMia
3/21/2011, 08:08 PM
Check your e-mail. I sent you the ringtone.Thank you. Just saw this. I spent the afternoon in Enid. Shes home now so pg will help her with it with she gets back over here. :D

salth2o
3/21/2011, 08:23 PM
Anyone know where can I get a Boomer Sooner ringtone? Please, thanks.

TitoMorelli
3/21/2011, 10:42 PM
Anyone know where can I get a Boomer Sooner ringtone? Please, thanks.

http://www.oklahomafansite.com/mediaplay.asp?downloadid=744

MamaMia
3/23/2011, 01:33 AM

Secondly....use this site for unlimited free ringtones.

http://audiko.net/Safety. Its the best gift you can give a child who's old enough to dial 911. It's an older model, a hand me down 3G. Her nokia was stolen. The previous owner wanted a Droid.