PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma House Passes Amended Open-Carry Bill

EnragedOUfan
3/17/2011, 03:59 PM
http://www.newsok.com/oklahoma-house-passes-amended-open-carry-bill/article/3549517?custom_click=lead_story_title

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for owning a gun. I've shot automatic weapons, German machine guns, thrown real live hand grendes, shot a grenade launcher, even qualified and earned the German Marksmanship Award (Shutzenschnur).

I just don't think this is a good idea. Has it come to the point where we should go pick up our kids/attend church/run to the grocery store/take the old lady to the movies with our gun in holster displayed to the world? What's the point? It just seems that this law was passed for solely for political purposes, and nothing more. Did our awesome state politicians consult with our law enforcement? Safety professionals? I'm just curious........

Soonerfan88
3/17/2011, 04:03 PM
Oklahoma is currently one of only seven states and DC that does not already have open carry. We're actually a little late to this party.

http://opencarry.org/opencarry.html

Also, the amended bill permits open carry only for those who have sought or have been granted a protective order.

StoopTroup
3/17/2011, 04:40 PM
I'm playing with my gun right now....it's not concealed either

yermom
3/17/2011, 04:46 PM
that little thing is no danger to anyone :D

StoopTroup
3/17/2011, 04:56 PM
It has a huge bang though. :D

olevetonahill
3/17/2011, 05:19 PM
Oklahoma is currently one of only seven states and DC that does not already have open carry. We're actually a little late to this party.

Also, the amended bill permits open carry only for those who have sought or have been granted a protective order.

That part is just stupid

soonercruiser
3/17/2011, 08:38 PM
Last I heard, that ammendment was nixed!
The bill will go to the Senate without that limitation.

OU Engineer
3/17/2011, 08:43 PM

this^^^

and yea the amended version is retarded, you might as well not even vote on it.

Okla-homey
3/18/2011, 05:16 AM
this^^^

and yea the amended version is retarded, you might as well not even vote on it.

Heh. In Oklahoma, you can't even get a PO unless you have been in a relationship with the person you seek the PO against. IOW, the PO requirement means generally that only chicks will be allowed to openly wear their hogleg.

yermom
3/18/2011, 11:44 AM
how does one define "relationship"?

SicEmBaylor
3/18/2011, 11:51 AM
http://www.newsok.com/oklahoma-house-passes-amended-open-carry-bill/article/3549517?custom_click=lead_story_title

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for owning a gun. I've shot automatic weapons, German machine guns, thrown real live hand grendes, shot a grenade launcher, even qualified and earned the German Marksmanship Award (Shutzenschnur).

Wow, you've shot a gun? Sounds like you're an expert, bro!

SicEmBaylor
3/18/2011, 11:55 AM

"I'd say when the nipple makes its first appearance." -Jerry Seinfeld

AlboSooner
3/18/2011, 11:59 AM
By establishing gun experience OP didn't want to establish expertise but rather I got the sentiment that a pro-gun person finds the law a little ridiculous. News 9 reported that the law proposes that anyone over 18 would be able to open carry without a permit. Thinking of myself when I was 18, that seems like a recipe for trouble.

SicEmBaylor
3/18/2011, 12:38 PM
By establishing gun experience OP didn't want to establish expertise but rather I got the sentiment that a pro-gun person finds the law a little ridiculous. News 9 reported that the law proposes that anyone over 18 would be able to open carry without a permit. Thinking of myself when I was 18, that seems like a recipe for trouble.

I know. I was being sarcastic.

yermom
3/18/2011, 12:39 PM
"I'd say when the nipple makes its first appearance." -Jerry Seinfeld

so you are saying you won't be able to open carry under this law?

Okla-homey
3/18/2011, 04:24 PM

bf/gf or marriage. In Oklahoma, a person can't get a PO against a person with whom they have not been previously romantically involved.

IOW, Sic could never get one.

yermom
3/18/2011, 04:41 PM
i'm just saying, how does one define a relationship under the law. some yainch shows me her titty and we've been in a relationship per SicEm :D

maybe we had dinner once, and now she's stalking me. was that a relationship? how many dinners constitutes a relationship?

KantoSooner
3/18/2011, 04:50 PM
If this passes, I'm thinking seriously about putting a strap on my Henry .44 lever action and slinging it across my shoulder the next time I walk into the bank. That should be fun.
I can tell the popo's that I felt threatened.

Oughta get my rent and food paid for for a day or two.

StoopTroup
3/18/2011, 04:54 PM

Leroy Lizard
3/18/2011, 08:53 PM
If this passes, I'm thinking seriously about putting a strap on my Henry .44 lever action and slinging it across my shoulder the next time I walk into the bank. That should be fun.
I can tell the popo's that I felt threatened.

Oughta get my rent and food paid for for a day or two.

And you'll make some new friends to boot.