PDA

View Full Version : I need to know for sure

MamaMia
3/16/2011, 10:43 PM
If these two doggys are alright. Its KILLING me inside! :(

I think they're lying about the dogs being ok. I want proof!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/dog-in-japan-stays-by-the-side-of-its-ailing-friend-in-the-rubble

A Sooner in Texas
3/16/2011, 11:03 PM
Mama, I heard tonight (via Anderson Cooper) that both dogs were rescued. No word on the injured dog's condition.

And no, just because there are those of us who get our heartstrings pulled very hard by animals in distress it doesn't mean we care more about them than about all the people who are in such dire straits. My prayers are going out for all creatures, human and non, suffering in this terrible catastrophe.

StoopTroup
3/16/2011, 11:16 PM
CNN and the UK Telegraph have both reported that the dogs have been rescued since the footage aired, and are both receiving veterinary care; the more seriously wounded dog is at a clinic in the city of Mito, while the protective spaniel-type dog is receiving care at a shelter in the same town.

StoopTroup
3/16/2011, 11:18 PM
Yeah they look like the spaniel looked like he was concerned the one dog was dying and the other one looked like he was about to die of a broken heart...

Really get's you thinking.

C&CDean
3/17/2011, 12:55 PM
pfffft. That ain't Japan. Them dogs don't have a single slanty eye between them.

Boomer.....
3/17/2011, 01:03 PM
I also heard that both dogs were saved shortly after this video was shot. Very cool.

MamaMia
3/17/2011, 01:04 PM
I've been praying for everyone. Its brought me to tears. The parents, aunts and uncles calling out for their kids is heart wrenching. I hate to think of all the lives that were swept out to sea. This is so sad. :(

AlboSooner
3/17/2011, 01:10 PM
In Japan, even the dogs are behaving so impressively. Cool video.

olevetonahill
3/17/2011, 01:28 PM
Heard they got em took care of then Ate em :eek:

SoCaliSooner
3/17/2011, 01:29 PM
They were taken to a shelter where they were washed and cleaned.

http://slackerspeaksloud.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/korea-dog-meat.jpg

Then they were eaten.

StoopTroup
3/17/2011, 01:37 PM
In Japan, even the dogs are behaving so impressively. Cool video.
Massive Shock. We all watch videos like 2012 and think we have it in our minds that we know what we'd do if it happened to us on such a scale....but I think human nature eventually takes hold and we tend to compartmentalize it and turn towards finding food, Shelter and water in order to survive. In this case the Japanese have lots of folks to help them which leads to even more impressive stories like the ones we are seeing.