PDA

View Full Version : Derek Davis, Major Recruit in T***s, is in Big Trouble...

Sabanball
3/16/2011, 10:23 PM
He's considered by many to be the best defensive player out of Texas.

http://www.kxxv.com/global/story.asp?s=14266373

MyT Oklahoma
3/16/2011, 10:45 PM
Ouch!

TahoeSOONER
3/16/2011, 10:57 PM
Throw it all away DD!

sooner518
3/16/2011, 11:03 PM
Wow what an idiot

TheHumanAlphabet
3/16/2011, 11:55 PM
Done, buh bye!

CowboyMRW
3/16/2011, 11:58 PM
Kids are so stupid. This kid had all the tools. He's a 5* linebacker and could play anywhere he wanted to. Dumb.

oudavid1
3/17/2011, 12:47 AM
I hate to see this happen. Regardless of where he wants to play football its a crappy situation.

up top mack!

Leroy Lizard
3/17/2011, 01:08 AM
I hate to see this happen.

Yeah, so do I but because of what happened to the girl!!!!

I don't give a **** about some pos football player.

Eielson
3/17/2011, 01:16 AM
Video games are the new candy.

oudavid1
3/17/2011, 01:41 AM
Yeah, so do I but because of what happened to the girl!!!!

I don't give a **** about some pos football player.

thats what i meant.

Leroy Lizard
3/17/2011, 02:11 AM
thats what i meant.

It's more than a crappy situation, David.

Come to think of it, I don't give a **** about football players even when they don't rape young girls.

Unless they sign with the Sooners, of course.

Jacie
3/17/2011, 06:32 AM
Police also said he didn't stop having sex with girl despite her pleas.

His buddies told him that when a girl does that, it means she likes it.

Therealsouthsider
3/17/2011, 07:31 AM
Police also said he didn't stop having sex with girl despite her pleas.

His buddies told him that when a girl does that, it means she likes it.

...he'll soon find that out first hand, hopefully

SS

texaspokieokie
3/17/2011, 07:59 AM
Wonder if it was worth it ????

fwsooner22
3/17/2011, 08:10 AM
He can always play in the SEC SEC SEC

prrriiide
3/17/2011, 08:13 AM
Kids are so stupid. This kid had all the tools. He's a 5* linebacker and could play anywhere he wanted to. Dumb.

Unfortunately, he didn't know that some of 'em need to stay in the shed.

jk the sooner fan
3/17/2011, 08:14 AM
maybe before you all start salivating at the thought of a UT recruit being in trouble - you should wait for the system to adjudicate this - there just may be another side to the story

KuppiKunta
3/17/2011, 08:29 AM
Sexual assault? Are they afraid to use the 'R' word or something?

Mad Dog Madsen
3/17/2011, 08:32 AM
I feel bad for the kid. He just threw everything away before he even got it. It's nobody's fault but his own though...

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/17/2011, 08:50 AM
They always have room in Stoolwater for him...Given his sexual assault past and all

madmartigan
3/17/2011, 09:18 AM
i can't remember where i read it, but after he decommited from tech he said ou was his new leader....

edit: found where i saw it. it's on scout's front page and it is the first story under oklahoma forums. i don't have a subscription or anything so i don't know anything else. i would assume we will cut ties with him?

Dio
3/17/2011, 09:21 AM
He can always play at osu [hairGel]

fixed

sooner518
3/17/2011, 09:45 AM
maybe before you all start salivating at the thought of a UT recruit being in trouble - you should wait for the system to adjudicate this - there just may be another side to the story

hes just as much our recruit than UT's recruit. i dont see anyone salivating over it either. :confused:

XingTheRubicon
3/17/2011, 10:16 AM
yeah, she may have been wearing a halter top...let's wait for the facts

Leroy Lizard
3/17/2011, 10:50 AM

Didn't he sign with Tech?

As for waiting... naaah! He's guilty.

JLEW1818
3/17/2011, 11:02 AM
sounds like a good kid

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/17/2011, 11:12 AM
Didn't he sign with Tech?

As for waiting... naaah! He's guilty.

He verballed for 2012

Then they pulled his offer and nobody could figure out why

KantoSooner
3/17/2011, 11:41 AM
This I don't get. If the guy is that big a stud, he's got the entire cheerleading squad walking on their hands, sans panties, chasing him around the school yelling, "Me! Me!! Please let it be ME!!".
And he has to find somebody he has to force?

PalmBeachSooner
3/17/2011, 01:13 PM
Sexual assault? Are they afraid to use the 'R' word or something?

In Florida there is no law against 'rape' per se. There are only varying degrees of sexual assault which includes the actions that are tantamount to rape. Sexual Assault gives states much more leeway for prosecuting. Theoretically, if you kissed a girl against her will you could be charged with a lower degree of sexual assault.

I assume it's the same for most other states.

Of course this does not apply to the many aggies out there who practice animal husbandry.

Leroy Lizard
3/17/2011, 01:20 PM
This I don't get. If the guy is that big a stud, he's got the entire cheerleading squad walking on their hands, sans panties, chasing him around the school yelling, "Me! Me!! Please let it be ME!!".
And he has to find somebody he has to force?

Because some guys can only do it if the female puts up a struggle.

Keep in mind the very fact that she said no is reason enough for him to demand it. Rape is more about power than sex.

oudavid1
3/17/2011, 05:00 PM
It's more than a crappy situation, David.

Come to think of it, I don't give a **** about football players even when they don't rape young girls.

Unless they sign with the Sooners, of course.

well I KNOW that LEROY. (Being a smartass in caps)

But i cant TYPE the mean THINGS that i think on here.

SoonerDood
3/17/2011, 06:55 PM
$10 says he ends up at Okie State, and [hairGel] will dare the DA to "come get him."

Tigeman
3/18/2011, 12:16 AM
Because some guys can only do it if the female puts up a struggle.

Keep in mind the very fact that she said no is reason enough for him to demand it. Rape is more about power than sex.

Sounds like you've been raped before!!! :rolleyes::D

As of right now it's her word against his that she even said no. We have no clue if she really said no, or if she has some ulterior motive for accusing him. I saw 4 cases while at OU where the girl claimed rape and later admitted she lied. Each guys name was smeared immediately across campus. A quick check shows false rape reports are somewhere between 30%-40% of all rape allegations.

Either way the kid is still guilty of rape in TX though, as she's 16, even though he's a minor himself. But I don't think any of us would ever consider that rape as it's pretty ridiculous. Unless your the father of a 16 y/o girl and some 17 y/o punk is banging your daughter, then I'm sure you'd agree with that law :P.

:pop:

Sooner74
3/18/2011, 01:45 AM
In Texas, I'm pretty sure he's getting some time.

85sooners
3/18/2011, 02:56 AM
:texan:

Leroy Lizard
3/18/2011, 11:19 AM
Either way the kid is still guilty of rape in TX though, as she's 16, even though he's a minor himself.

Then why even bother with this "consent" thing. String him up.

Tigeman
3/18/2011, 11:37 AM
Then why even bother with this "consent" thing. String him up.

That'll determine the charge he's tried on. Rather it's 1st degree, 2nd degree, etc. etc. As well as the plea they'll offer him, if they do offer him one.

SunnySooner
3/18/2011, 11:40 AM
A lot of states, including Texas, IIRC, have a rule that if the "assailant" is 3 or less years older than the "victim", and the "victim" is at least 14, then they cannot be convicted of statutory rape.

So, the girl is 16, he is 17, they will have to prove force, because if she consented, then there's no rape, statutorily. Which may save his beehind in this case, esp. if it comes down to he said/she said, may not be enough evidence on her side, very hard to prove without witnesses.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/18/2011, 06:22 PM
Interesting story happening in Houston. A rural town has so far charge approximately 17 black males with rape of an 11 or 12 year old hispanic girl. The men range in age from 15/16 to late 20s maybe early 30s. Rapes occurred over 3 or 4 months with 3 or 4 of the oldest described as "ring leaders". Black reverend activist Quannel X (better known as "Q-tip" or Q-10") has described the girl as a "Lolita" and was inviting the sex and may have even been "consentual". Lots of tension in the town...

We'll see about that age of consent theory here...

Sooner Cal
3/18/2011, 06:47 PM
Interesting story happening in Houston. A rural town has so far charge approximately 17 black males with rape of an 11 or 12 year old hispanic girl. The men range in age from 15/16 to late 20s maybe early 30s. Rapes occurred over 3 or 4 months with 3 or 4 of the oldest described as "ring leaders". Black reverend activist Quannel X (better known as "Q-tip" or Q-10") has described the girl as a "Lolita" and was inviting the sex and may have even been "consentual". Lots of tension in the town...

We'll see about that age of consent theory here...

He's a real piece of work. The Nation of Islam kicked him out. That takes some effort.

Leroy Lizard
3/18/2011, 08:41 PM

How does one even organize such a thing? I can understand doing it yourself, but inviting others to participate in something like that is another.

Once in awhile I'll read about some husband/wife team that does something horrific to some young kid. I always wonder: How did they come to an agreement to do such a thing? "Honey, I've been hankering to rape eight-year old boys. What do you think? You game?"

Tigeman
3/18/2011, 10:34 PM
I can understand doing it yourself,

You sick SOB! No wonder your always in the red, your raping everybody up in here! :D

Speaking of which.... what the hell you doing in Green?

TheHumanAlphabet
3/18/2011, 11:51 PM
He's a real piece of work. The Nation of Islam kicked him out. That takes some effort.

What's funny is he and his "body guards" are still always dressed just like TNOI...

Another Q-tip story. Couple of years ago, a man in Pasadena (suburb of Houston) witnessed his neighbors house being burglarized (neighbor was a Vietnamese business owner). He proceeds to call 9-1-1 and tells them the address and tells the dispatcher he is goinin over to take care of business and racks his shotgun. He goes over and ends up shooting both and killing them. The perps were black illegal aliens from the carribean someplace (I think). Q-tip goes off and says its racial after the guy is no-billed due to castle law. He and his body guards go into the neighborhood to protest. He has a megaphone and the press. The neighbors with their harleys shout him down and drown him out until he retreats and leaves...

Leroy Lizard
3/18/2011, 11:58 PM
You sick SOB! No wonder your always in the red, your raping everybody up in here! :D

Speaking of which.... what the hell you doing in Green?

This board is filled with rapists. :D

soonerstan56
3/19/2011, 01:59 AM
He was released from jail Wednesday on $20,000 bond.

Police said this is a closed investigation, it will now be in the hands of the Milam County grand jury to send this case to trial.

This is the end of the story linked above. Being uneducated in legal affairs,does not the evidence of a sexual assault bring charges in this case?
If in Texas ,a grand jury must do so, this seems open to be open to abuse.
The locals may not want the area football hero to get in trouble.

Stan

Soonermagik
3/19/2011, 09:00 AM
I think he will now be playing for the "Longest Yard Team" Send this punk to jail where he belongs. If he wasn't a star football player everyone would want his butt in a cell.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/19/2011, 02:08 PM
This is the end of the story linked above. Being uneducated in legal affairs,does not the evidence of a sexual assault bring charges in this case?
If in Texas ,a grand jury must do so, this seems open to be open to abuse.
The locals may not want the area football hero to get in trouble.

Stan

As noted in my story earlier, I believe it is up to the Grand Jury to find charges officially. The police/DA may have suggested charges, but the GJ has to formally make them. Hence, the guy in Pasadena got "no-billed" for killing perps stealing things from next door, he said he was threatened by them and shot. Can be a point for contention as you mentioned...

soonerstan56
3/19/2011, 10:07 PM
T,H,A,
My point with asking these questions was if it takes a grand jury to bring formal charges in Tejas then why have a prosecutor or even a police force at all.
Your lengthly posts about someone you believe to be a criminal should be directed at either getting a grand jury to charge him with a crime or to change the system in your home state.

Stan

olevetonahill
3/20/2011, 07:14 AM

Maybe you could read the article before commenting on it , He wasn't a UT commit he was a Texas Tech commit who has decommited

From the Article.

"David had previously committed to play football at Texas Tech after he graduated in 2012. According to scouts.com, he has since decommitted."

And yes I agree that folks shouldn't jump to conclusions and Convict the lad before the entire story is told .

jk the sooner fan
3/20/2011, 07:58 AM
my bad - TT recruit...:rolleyes:

TheHumanAlphabet
3/21/2011, 08:34 AM
T,H,A,
My point with asking these questions was if it takes a grand jury to bring formal charges in Tejas then why have a prosecutor or even a police force at all.
Your lengthly posts about someone you believe to be a criminal should be directed at either getting a grand jury to charge him with a crime or to change the system in your home state.

Stan

Beyond a police force and Da we have Constables and Sheriff Deputies. Go figure. I think any of the law enforcement people can bring charges, it also has to go through the Grand Jury. But I am not a lawyer type and don't knw all the avenues in Texas Juris Prudence.