PDA

View Full Version : Doug Gottlieb

The Maestro
3/16/2011, 03:50 PM
Don't you hate when you forget to turn off your cellphone before going on the air on ESPN SportsCenter to make your Final Four picks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsmSbauNRGg&feature=player_embedded

That has to be the second most embarrassing time he reached into his pocket. The first was to get someone else's credit card out.

King Crimson
3/17/2011, 07:59 AM
the guy put his pants on backwards or not at all or something as a player, not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Doug is OK when all he does is talk about college basketball, anything else seems too much.

Sooner_Bob
3/17/2011, 08:03 AM
He's about the only ESPN radio dude that I can listen to anymore . . . well Doug and SVP.

King Crimson
3/17/2011, 08:12 AM
He's about the only ESPN radio dude that I can listen to anymore . . . well Doug and SVP.

i cut bait on ESPN radio when they hired Jason Smith. the guy is dumb as a rock. i hated Todd Wright talking about himself all the time ("i always wear a hockey jersey to shows"; "i was wearing a hockey jersey at the Killers show in Vegas"; "i know famous person X, and i wear a hockey jersey to show...".....but he's not anywhere as dumb as Jason Smith.

GDC
3/17/2011, 08:27 AM
i cut bait on ESPN radio when they hired Jason Smith. the guy is dumb as a rock. i hated Todd Wright talking about himself all the time ("i always wear a hockey jersey to shows"; "i was wearing a hockey jersey at the Killers show in Vegas"; "i know famous person X, and i wear a hockey jersey to show...".....but he's not anywhere as dumb as Jason Smith.

Todd Wright may be stuck on himself, but he presents an informative and entertaining show. I like that he does it without relying on idiot callers like so many other. Steve Zaban (sp?) is pretty good too.

King Crimson
3/17/2011, 08:38 AM
Todd Wright may be stuck on himself, but he presents an informative and entertaining show. I like that he does it without relying on idiot callers like so many other. Steve Zaban (sp?) is pretty good too.

i quit sports radio many years ago, partially because i'm in the Denver market and i don't care about the Broncos/NFL 365/24/7.....Szaban is old school. i used to like it, but too much working and stuff to deal with the local morons.

i used to really like the SportsFan Radio when they were out of Vegas and Chicago. Szaban was on there. late 90's. Bob Kemp, who used to rip Oklahoma all the time and is pretty unpopular among Sooners....but had a good show and most would "respect" that he was ripping John Blake but not at the time. when we lost to NWestern in Chicago, he said that was the "worst coached team" he'd ever seen.