PDA

View Full Version : Mom sues, daughter may have to go to

cccasooner2
3/16/2011, 03:02 PM
OU.

http://moms.today.com/_news/2011/03/16/6278260-mom-sues-preschool-for-not-prepping-4-year-old-for-ivy-league?gt1=43001

Jacie
3/16/2011, 04:20 PM
While every comment I have read is raking this mom over the coals for caring not about her child but about her child's accomplishments (in the future), I wonder if in a legal sense, does she have a case?

In order to win her case, she must show that in fact there are preschools that do what this mom claims the one she sent her daughter to do not, offer instruction (as opposed to being a glorified play school) that will "prep" a child to pass the exam for an upscale grade school. If such schools exist and if this one billed itself as being such, regardless of what you think of mom, she has a case.

MR2-Sooner86
3/16/2011, 04:25 PM
Give me a ****ing break.

I've known of kids who were dirt farmers at that age and not hitting the books yet they got to go to college and are doing just fine.

There was a kid in Vinita around the time I graduated who got a free ride to Harvard.

If the mother REALLY wanted her kid to do well, maybe she could have spent some extra time with her kid, like my parents did, instead of just leaving it up to the school? I know, I know it's a simple solution and we can't have that.