SoonerHoops
3/16/2011, 03:54 PM
Lots of good freshman RB this year.

MamaMia
3/16/2011, 06:04 PM
So, we're still called the Big XII? Its all so confusing to me now. :confused:

gaylordfan1
3/16/2011, 08:39 PM
Man, I'm excited to see Williams next year. Every football publication is touting this kid.

richsooner
3/16/2011, 09:10 PM
If the conferences are going to change the number of teams participating, they should all change their name to a non-numeric naming convention.
the Big 10 has more than 10,,,,The Big 12 has only 10. The Pac 10 has more than 10. Big 10 becomes the Midwest , The Big 12 becomes the Southwest, The Pac 10 becomes the Pacific Coast Conf.
There,Problem solved...................

pappy
3/16/2011, 09:31 PM
If the conferences are going to change the number of teams participating, they should all change their name to a non-numeric naming convention.
the Big 10 has more than 10,,,,The Big 12 has only 10. The Pac 10 has more than 10. Big 10 becomes the Midwest , The Big 12 becomes the Southwest, The Pac 10 becomes the Pacific Coast Conf.
There,Problem solved...................

The Pac 10 already changed to Pac 12...I agree with you though we need new conference names.

oudavid1
3/16/2011, 09:47 PM
I really think it should have been Brown, Sims, and then Williams.

I really like the JW Walsh kid Okie Light got. He looks like a solid QB for them.

BoulderSooner79
3/16/2011, 10:50 PM
I really think it should have been Brown, Sims, and then Williams.

there you go being all gay (ghey?) again.

Did I say that right? ;)

CowboyMRW
3/16/2011, 11:52 PM
How many carries will Williams receive next year with Finch and others in the backfield. I'm guessing he's not going to redshirt as I've heard he's really good, but where exactly will he fit in then?

oudavid1
3/17/2011, 12:44 AM

Did I say that right? ;)

No homo.

Win.

How many carries will Williams receive next year with Finch and others in the backfield. I'm guessing he's not going to redshirt as I've heard he's really good, but where exactly will he fit in then?

dont act all cool because a Sooner said something nice about your QB recruit that i really like. I think (my opinion) he could turn out better at QB than are little dual threat Kendal. But we have Blake(no the other one)

BoulderSooner79
3/17/2011, 07:52 AM

Did I say that right? ;)

No homo.

Win.

Ratz, other people randomly say that for no apparent reason - just trying to fit in. Maybe calling others gay is gay.

XingTheRubicon
3/17/2011, 10:19 AM
Here's the article

Big 12′s Top 10 Impact Freshmen In 2011
March 14, 2011 11:15 pm, UTC

By: Aaron Krienert

The Big 12 lost a lot of star running backs after the 2010 season. They also signed a lot of high-profile prospects to fill the holes left by the departed stars. Four of the top ten players are running backs including the number one overall instant impact player.

Can Williams pick up where Murray left off? Photo from Rivals.com

1 – Brandon Williams, RB, Oklahoma – For the first time in a long time Oklahoma doesn’t have some stud waiting in the wings on campus. Insert what could be the most dangerous freshman running back in the country. Williams is lethal on the edge, or running through the tackles. He has good speed, strength, and vision. He is a complete back and has the makings of the next great at a university with a history of producing studs.

2 – Malcolm Brown, RB, Texas – Texas has really struggled in recent years running the football. Interject one of the best running back prospects in the country and you may be seeing a change in Austin. Brown punishing running style wears teams down and consistently leads to a big run where he will stiff arm, juke, or run past the defense. Expect him to come in and compete for the starting job immediately and at the very least see a decent amount of carries early in the season. The entire eyes of Texas are on Brown, anticipate delivery.

3 – Trey Metoyer, WR, Oklahoma – The Sooners have a lot of talent coming back at wide reciever. Metoyer still should see significant time. The Texas product possesses the best of both worlds. He has the ability to make a play after the catch or letting the quarterback lob it up and using great hands and vertical leap to go and get it.

4 – Herschel Sims, RB, Oklahoma State – The Pokes lost one of the best running backs in the country with Kendal Hunter going to the NFL, but they also signed a worthy replacement. Sims is a little bowling ball that both runs and catches the ball really well. While he may not have the top end speed of other elite backs, his ability to cut on a dime makes him tough to tackle in the hole. Joseph Randle will be the starter, but expect Sims to make an impact in Stillwater in 2011.

5 – Kenny Williams, RB, Texas Tech – The Red Raiders like to toss the ball. Kenny Williams likes to run it. Williams can do both well, and is one of the top backs to sign with the Red Raiders to date. Expect Tech to run it a bit more with this bruiser and find ways to include him in the air assault that lives in Lubbock.

6 – Quandre Diggs, DB, Texas – The Longhorns lose some talent in the secondary, as hard as it is to believe Diggs could eventually provide an upgrade. With offers from all over the country Diggs wasn’t short of options. He chose to stay in-state and has an immediate opportunity to make an impact.

7 – Anthony Pierson, Athlete, Kansas – Where will they put the talented athlete from East St. Louis? Good question, but with the struggles the Jayhawks had last year, expect them to someplace Pierson someplace he can contribute right away. If head coach Turner Gill can find a spot where he is comfortable you will see Pierson on the field because he is an instant talent upgrade for the Jayhawks.

8 – Ryan Simmons, Inside LB, Oklahoma State – Oklahoma State loses the top two inside linebackers from last season. While Simmons name might not jump out like some 4 and 5 star rated players, playing high-school ball in Texas gives him a chance to not only play early but compete for the starting job. Simmons shows good instincts in coverage from tape and a nose for the ball. Will he be able to pick up on the scheme early enough to make an impact? If he does, expect to see plenty of action.

Jordan Shipley was a star at Texas. Can his brother follow in his footsteps?

9 – Jaxon Shipley, WR, Texas – His brother, Jordan Shipley, is one of the all-time great Texas wide outs, Jaxon wants to be mentioned in the same breath. Texas struggled in all areas of offense last year, and Shipley has the chance to come in and see reps early on. Shipley is well polished, and like his brother, is a better athlete than many give him credit for.

10 – Daniel Sams, ATH, Kansas State – Big and fast, with an opportunity to run an offense built for his athleticism. According to Rivals.com Sams boasted offers from Oklahoma and Miami (FL.) among others. While Coach Bill Snyder has been known to use junior college talent for quick upgrades, this talented freshman might provide a different kind of instant impact.

Future Stars

J.W. Walsh, QB, Oklahoma State – Cowboys quarterback Brandon Weeden will still command controls in Stillwater, but After he is finished look for Walsh to have an opportunity. Walsh is fast, accurate and could be the next offensive star for a school that seems to put them out with regularity.

Darrian Miller, RB, Kansas – Miller will have to back up James Sims who had a solid freshman season for the Jayhawks. Miller runs with a combination of effortless side-to-side movement with good balance and power. If an injury would take place Miller could be the person next in line. His future is tomorrow, but it is a matter of one bad play from being immediate.

Floyd Raven, DB, Texas A&M – After a Signing Day circus surrounding Raven’s eventual signature with the Aggies, let’s not forget Raven can play and has great size at 6’2”. Look for Raven to see some time covering the slot receiver in 2011.

Spencer Drango, OL, Baylor - Drango kept his commitment to Baylor and Art Briles. Drango needs a year in the weight room, but will be a key cog on the Baylor line in the near future.

usaosooner
3/17/2011, 10:57 AM
Texas secondary is going to suck, Diggs will have the most impact

AlboSooner
3/17/2011, 12:29 PM
So, we're still called the Big XII? Its all so confusing to me now. :confused:

Big 12 is a brand name which came as a result of having 12 teams. The Big 10 had 11 teams for a long time and still remained Big 10. I haven't seen a new name for them either, and Big 10 is a much stronger brand name than big 12 because it has been around longer.

I believe that the Big 12 will add two more teams in the future, thus the name will never go away. The current events prove that the Big 12 had it right in picking 12 members, both the Pac 10 and Big 10 followed that model. BYU most likely will be one of those two teams that will join, and I would love to see Louisville join the Big 12.

oudavid1
3/17/2011, 05:01 PM
Ratz, other people randomly say that for no apparent reason - just trying to fit in. Maybe calling others gay is gay.

its something cool people do.

mightysooner
3/17/2011, 07:53 PM
Man, I'm excited to see Williams next year. Every football publication is touting this kid.

I'm excited to see Brandon as well but I don't agree we "don't have a stud waiting in the wings" at the moment. I can't remember a time in the Stoops era where we had such a stable full of studs at RB.

sooner ngintunr
3/17/2011, 07:59 PM

Quik Sand
3/17/2011, 08:56 PM
:gary: gets 6-8 touches per game unless blowout, then more

gaylordfan1
3/17/2011, 10:35 PM
Man, I could be wrong but I'm looking for Clay being the dark hoarse this season. I'm anxious to see how much weight he puts on. If he bulks up I expect to see him being our tough yardage back. I know I will get slammed for saying this, I just see him being our compliment to Finch. Kinda a Brown type back. I do Think Miller will have an impact. I'm just not sure until I see him in action again.

SoonerMarkVA
3/18/2011, 08:23 AM
I'm excited to see Brandon as well but I don't agree we "don't have a stud waiting in the wings" at the moment. I can't remember a time in the Stoops era where we had such a stable full of studs at RB.

Agreed. Our RB situation is an embarrassment of riches. As long as we find creative ways to get them all meaningful playing time, we could see this continue for some time.

picasso
3/18/2011, 08:24 AM
Agreed. Our RB situation is an embarrassment of riches. As long as we find creative ways to get them all meaningful playing time, we could see this continue for some time.

Let's hope that Heupel remembers we have running backs.

Mad Dog Madsen
3/18/2011, 08:36 AM
Let's hope that Heupel remembers we have running backs.

Should I just go ahead start the FIRE HEUPEL!!! thread now?! :rolleyes: :D

LakeRat
3/18/2011, 09:02 AM
I think we have like 3 5* RB's on campus. How is this not a stable full?

oudavid1
3/18/2011, 10:59 AM
Should I just go ahead start the FIRE HEUPEL!!! thread now?! :rolleyes: :D

lol.