PDA

View Full Version : Obama Speaks Out for Female Fair Pay

Pages : [1] 2

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 09:22 AM
What the hell is wrong with the guy....he already has more irons in the fire than any 10 people could handle...and now he goes off on female wages...

Advice...get an f'n budget passed first...

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2011/03/15/obama-speaks-out-for-female-fair-pay/?icid=maing|main5|dl10|sec3_lnk1|50216

President Obama says he's fed up with salary sexism, and he's going to do all he can to stop it, including trying to pass legislation that would make wage discrimination against women illegal. Specifically, he's fighting for reforms in the Paycheck Fairness Act, which didn't get sufficient support to pass in the Senate last fall.

Breadburner
3/16/2011, 09:24 AM
I'm suprised between playing ****ing golf and filling out his bracket he has time for anything....

texaspokieokie
3/16/2011, 09:45 AM
I'm suprised between playing ****ing golf and filling out his bracket he has time for anything....

actually, the 1st lady did it.

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 09:51 AM
So, you think it's fair for women to make 80 cents to a man's dollar, then?

SouthCarolinaSooner
3/16/2011, 10:08 AM
I think thats between the woman and her employer.

texaspokieokie
3/16/2011, 10:11 AM

i'm thinkin i don't care.

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 10:12 AM
Obviously that hasn't worked out (and never does).

sappstuf
3/16/2011, 10:13 AM

They should form a union....

3rdgensooner
3/16/2011, 10:14 AM
{insert wimmens...kitchen...sammiches....beer....jokes here}

sooner_born_1960
3/16/2011, 10:15 AM
Yes, so we need a federal law to rectify this unfairness. Just like all the other unfair things in life. [/sarcasm]

OULenexaman
3/16/2011, 10:21 AM
this issue no longer even exists....it was fixed in the 80's.

OULenexaman
3/16/2011, 10:23 AM
and it's just another campaign ploy for all the sammich makers.......your welcome 3d.

Caboose
3/16/2011, 10:23 AM

Oh look, the self-appointed arbiter of cosmic justice is here! Rejoice!

StoopTroup
3/16/2011, 10:25 AM
Women who work at the fair should get paid.

OULenexaman
3/16/2011, 10:28 AM
Fair enough...

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 10:29 AM
Most American's believe in equality in rhetoric only. Once someone actually gets around to doing something about it, mass denial and disembling in ernest begins. So, the positions expressed here don't surprise me.

CrimsonCream
3/16/2011, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=pphilfran;3172984]What the hell is wrong with the guy....he already has more irons in the fire than any 10 people could handle...and now he goes off on female wages...

Obama is such a f*cking inept, sleazebag President that every American ought to be ashamed of this sorry son of a b*tch.

He can't pass a budget but worries about the inequities in male-female pay. He's critical of Wisconsin's collective bargaining agreement but his own federal workers have none. He wants to tap the nation's strategic oil reserves but has no national energy policy. He won't drill, wants to prohibit coal mining and now will forbid nuclear plants.

He says, "We stand with Japan" but does nothing for the Egyptian and Libyan peoples. Pretty easy just to be able to write a check instead of p*ssing off the Muslim Brotherhood.

This is the same dirtball that was responsible for "Beergate," won't prosecute voter intimidation, has tax cheaters and lobbyists in his Cabinet, $14 trillion in debt, the ObamaCare bribes and kickbacks, p*ssed away almost $1 trillion in Stimulus money but can't tell you what it was spent on, etc.

In the meantime, he's out playing golf and filling out brackets.

Yeah, a President America is proud of.

sooner_born_1960
3/16/2011, 10:40 AM
Most American's believe in equality in rhetoric only. Once someone actually gets around to doing something about it, mass denial and disembling in ernest begins. So, the positions expressed here don't surprise me.
Oh. Good. For a while there, I was afraid you didn't get it.

OULenexaman
Good morning Rush...

olevetonahill
Some one please show me a CURRENT instance of this unequal pay.
Hell In the early 80s I had a Gun store the 2 lady's that worked there made the same if Not more than the 2 dudes.
Hell the Crazy yainch that lives in my rental is Pouring concrete and making 16 bucks an hour.

Hell Most married wimmens earn all of their husbands Pay checks Just by fixin his sammiches and ****ing him once a month :eek:

Caboose
3/16/2011, 10:41 AM
What the hell is wrong with the guy....he already has more irons in the fire than any 10 people could handle...and now he goes off on female wages...

Obama is such a f*cking inept, sleazebag President that every American ought to be ashamed of this sorry son of a b*tch.

He can't pass a budget but worries about the inequities in male-female pay. He's critical of Wisconsin's collective bargaining agreement but his own federal workers have none. He wants to tap the nation's strategic oil reserves but has no national energy policy. He won't drill, wants to prohibit coal mining and now will forbid nuclear plants.

He says, "We stand with Japan" but does nothing for the Egyptian and Libyan peoples. Pretty easy just to be able to write a check instead of p*ssing off the Muslim Brotherhood.

This is the same dirtball that was responsible for "Beergate," won't prosecute voter intimidation, has tax cheaters and lobbyists in his Cabinet, $14 trillion in debt, the ObamaCare bribes and kickbacks, p*ssed away almost $1 trillion in Stimulus money but can't tell you what it was spent on, etc.

In the meantime, he's out playing golf and filling out brackets.

Yeah, a President America is proud of.

Yet the only possible explanation for your dissatisfaction is that you are a racist. There is simply no other explanation.

OULenexaman
3/16/2011, 10:43 AM
Yet the only possible explanation for your dissatisfaction is that you are a racist. There is simply no other explanation. oh puuuuuulease!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 10:44 AM
Yet the only possible explanation for your dissatisfaction is that you are a racist. There is simply no other explanation.

You ****in clowns that pull the Race card are funny as hell
I dont like Obama , The Black 1/2 OR the white 1/2

sappstuf
3/16/2011, 10:44 AM

Yep... Apparently just like Obama back when he was a Senator..

Obama’s commitment to federally mandated pay equity stretches from the Rockies to Wall Street and beyond. And yet it seems to have eluded his United States Senate office. Compensation figures for his legislative staff reveal that Obama pays women just 83 cents for every dollar his men make.

Obama’s 28 male staffers divided among themselves total payroll expenditures of $1,523,120. Thus, Obama’s average male employee earned $54,397.

Obama’s 30 female employees split $1,354,580 among themselves, or $45,152, on average.

Why this disparity? One reason may be the underrepresentation of women among Obama’s highest-compensated employees. Of Obama’s five best-paid advisors, only one was a woman. Among his top 20, seven were women.

On average, Obama’s female staffers earn just 83 cents for every dollar his male staffers make. This figure certainly exceeds the 77-cent threshold that Obama’s campaign website condemns. However, 83 cents do not equal $1.

Looks like Obama had a glass ceiling too...

Condescending Sooner
3/16/2011, 10:50 AM
Women want equal pay, but still want the hubby to pay all the major bills. Oh, and if they get pregnant, get three months off with full pay. Then they decide after being paid for three months, they don't want to come back at all. They will just stay home and let the husband cover everything.

Seen it happen more times than not.

3rdgensooner
3/16/2011, 10:52 AM
Boys are funny.

achiro
3/16/2011, 10:55 AM
{insert wimmens...kitchen...sammiches....beer....jokes here}

If a tree falls in the woods and lands on a woman...

why was the tree in the kitchen?

Caboose
3/16/2011, 10:55 AM
Boys are funny.

That's why we get paid more.

OutlandTrophy
3/16/2011, 10:57 AM
wait, are we saying that our receptionist should make as much money as I do or that there need to be more women doing my position?

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 10:58 AM
Boys are funny.

Instead of just sayin we are funny
Can you show me where a woman is paid less for doing the same work ?

yermom
3/16/2011, 10:58 AM
where do they get three months full pay?

i'm all for equal pay, but you'd have to radically change how pay negotiations and transparency work for this to change, and i'm not sure i'd like the way that would shake out

StoopTroup
3/16/2011, 10:59 AM
I thought I settled this earlier. Wow. I need a corndog

OutlandTrophy
3/16/2011, 10:59 AM
where do they get three months full pay?

i'm all for equal pay, but you'd have to radically change how pay negotiations and transparency work for this to change, and i'm not sure i'd like the way that would shake out

I know of a few companies that pay for the full 12 weeks.

yermom
3/16/2011, 11:01 AM
that's crazy.

that for fathers too?

OULenexaman
3/16/2011, 11:03 AM
I thought I settled this earlier. Wow. I need a corndog Or some Sammy's Pizza....

OutlandTrophy
3/16/2011, 11:06 AM
that's crazy.

that for fathers too?

nah, the dad's don't have surgery, just the moms.

OhU1
3/16/2011, 11:10 AM

My thoughts too. I want to see a comparison of "apples to apples" - not comparisons of average salaries of each gender. Show me the same level position, same work. If a women has breaks in her career path to have or raise kids she is not going to compete with a man who has no interruptions. In the blue collar world men tend to have more of the risky or dangerous positions.

If a female electrical lineman with the same position and experience makes 80 cent to the dollar as her male counterpart then, yeah, that needs some explaining. But this is only more demographic based political pandering. I.E. bull shat.

PDXsooner
3/16/2011, 11:15 AM
It's called being the President. Obama is doing a phenomenal job, and it's backfiring on the PFKATR (Party formerly known as the Republicans). The Democrats are lucky as hell to be calling him their own. He is too good and too smart to have to be affiliated with either party.

CrimsonCream
3/16/2011, 11:15 AM

This what you guys do best when you don't agree. Call somebody racist.

The case might be made that it is the Obamas that are racist.

./ Remember when Obama said that "the police acted stupidly" in the Gates-Crowley fiasco?

./ Why won't Obama prosecute the Black Panther voter intimidation?

./ Why did the Obamas for 20 years listen to the racism of Jeremiah Wright?

./ Why did Michelle Obama say, "First time I've been proud of my Country" relative to Obama's swearing on as President?

./ Why did he say in "Dreams of My Father" that I ceased to advertise my Mother's race at the age of 12 or 13 when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to Whites?"

Maybe you are the racist or a "brown banana eater." You know what a "brown banana eater' is, don't you? This where Obama tells you that turds are really brown bananas and you should eat them and you do.

Never question or doubt but continue to act as the good loyal lemming that accepts Obama as the next "Messiah."

Sad really.

sappstuf
3/16/2011, 11:17 AM
It's called being the President. Obama is doing a phenomenal job, and it's backfiring on the PFKATR (Party formerly known as the Republicans). The Democrats are lucky as hell to be calling him their own. He is too good and too smart to have to be affiliated with either party.

http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/article_image_large/articles/sarcasm01.jpg

OULenexaman
3/16/2011, 11:26 AM
It's called being the President. Obama is doing a phenomenal job, and it's backfiring on the PFKATR (Party formerly known as the Republicans). The Democrats are lucky as hell to be calling him their own. He is too good and too smart to have to be affiliated with either party. enjoy your brown banana's :D

Leroy Lizard
3/16/2011, 11:28 AM
Hell In the early 80s I had a Gun store the 2 lady's that worked there made the same if Not more than the 2 dudes.

So these were your personal interns.

Caboose
3/16/2011, 11:28 AM
This what you guys do best when you don't agree. Call somebody racist.

The case might be made that it is the Obamas that are racist.

./ Remember when Obama said that "the police acted stupidly" in the Gates-Crowley fiasco?

./ Why won't Obama prosecute the Black Panther voter intimidation?

./ Why did the Obamas for 20 years listen to the racism of Jeremiah Wright?

./ Why did Michelle Obama say, "First time I've been proud of my Country" relative to Obama's swearing on as President?

./ Why did he say in "Dreams of My Father" that I ceased to advertise my Mother's race at the age of 12 or 13 when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to Whites?"

Maybe you are the racist or a "brown banana eater." You know what a "brown banana eater' is, don't you? This where Obama tells you that turds are really brown bananas and you should eat them and you do.

Never question or doubt but continue to act as the good loyal lemming that accepts Obama as the next "Messiah."

Sad really.

Check the calibrations on your sarcasm meter.

Leroy Lizard
3/16/2011, 11:29 AM

I hope you're not a Clinton fan.

PDXsooner
3/16/2011, 11:44 AM
http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/article_image_large/articles/sarcasm01.jpg

No sarcasm. I don't live in the political vortex known as OKlahoma where the right-wing partisanship is Defcon 5.

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 11:46 AM
No sarcasm. I don't live in the political vortex known as OKlahoma where the right-wing partisanism is Defcon 5.

So we have another Left coast leftie that thinks Oklahoma is nothing but backwoods hillbillies :rolleyes:
You go gurls ;)

PDXsooner
3/16/2011, 11:50 AM
So we have another Left coast leftie that thinks Oklahoma is nothing but backwoods hillbillies :rolleyes:
You go gurls ;)

No, those are your words not mine. I think Oklahomans are good hard-working people that are politically out of touch with what I consider reasonably feasible.

You, however, are a different story. :D

sappstuf
3/16/2011, 11:55 AM
No, those are your words not mine. I think Oklahomans are good hard-working people that are politically out of touch with what I consider reasonably feasible.

So you believe that running $223 billion deficits monthly is "reasonably feasible"?

You would think someone as smart as you say Obama is could understand basic math....

Guess not.

Leroy Lizard
3/16/2011, 11:56 AM

At least our women shave their armpits.

PDXsooner
3/16/2011, 12:01 PM
So you believe that running $223 billion deficits monthly is "reasonably feasible"?

You would think someone as smart as you say Obama is could understand basic math....

Guess not.

No, but I don't see that as a Democratic problem. I see it as a systematic problem. I'm also not going to defend Obama's every action, but I do believe he is a very capable leader.

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 12:07 PM

Guess not.

People point at $223 billion dollar/month deficits and say planned parent hood, pbs, and npr are the problem and force the entire public dialogue into a fight over what amounts to the scraps of the largesse (1% of the budget?). Meanwhile, we quietly spend around 1.2-1.3 trillion a year to carry out our foreign policy via a military aparatus on behalf of multinational corporations who we've now determined are people who can spend as much as they want to elect politicians to protect their interests.

I say it sucks.

2121Sooner
3/16/2011, 12:12 PM
No sarcasm. I don't live in the political vortex known as OKlahoma where the right-wing partisanship is Defcon 5.

Yeah, and Portland is a Mecca for rational political thought.

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 12:14 PM
Aint gonna argue Politics its pointless
But back to the OP
Can someone show me instances of Unequal pay?

Im waiting

Leroy Lizard
3/16/2011, 12:17 PM
But back to the OP

Im waiting

Male NFL players make more than Lingerie League football players.

TitoMorelli
3/16/2011, 12:25 PM

Yeah, but they're just modern-day slaves.;)

rowing_coxswain
3/16/2011, 12:30 PM

Just had to say that I thought that was pretty funny.

But anyway, maybe it's less of a same job/different pay thing and more of a "pink collar" jobs making generally less type of thing? I mean we all know teachers, nurses, etc don't make hardly any money. Granted, I'd guess a man doing that job would make the same amount of money as a woman but I don't know for sure. I'm all for equality but I think that it comes down to that women generally make less on average because a lot work in lower paying jobs (not that I think that's right that teachers etc don't make a lot). But obviously that is all changing as women are entering the workforce more and more so hopefully it'll all even out soon! Just my thoughts.

And for those of you on here who were talking about women just living off their man......dang, I WISH I could live off him. Too bad I make 3x he does. :)

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 12:35 PM
Just had to say that I thought that was pretty funny.

But anyway, maybe it's less of a same job/different pay thing and more of a "pink collar" jobs making generally less type of thing? I mean we all know teachers, nurses, etc don't make hardly any money. Granted, I'd guess a man doing that job would make the same amount of money as a woman but I don't know for sure. I'm all for equality but I think that it comes down to that women generally make less on average because a lot work in lower paying jobs (not that I think that's right that teachers etc don't make a lot). But obviously that is all changing as women are entering the workforce more and more so hopefully it'll all even out soon! Just my thoughts.

And for those of you on here who were talking about women just living off their man......dang, I WISH I could live off him. Too bad I make 3x he does. :)

Dont encourage him :eek:

Im all for the wimmens bringin home the bacon as long as she makes me some bacon sammiches ;)

3rdgensooner
3/16/2011, 12:39 PM
Women want equal pay, but still want the hubby to pay all the major bills. Oh, and if they get pregnant, get three months off with full pay. Then they decide after being paid for three months, they don't want to come back at all. They will just stay home and let the husband cover everything.

Seen it happen more times than not.This is the type of anecdotal stereotyping that leads to a potential pay gap in the first place.

I know of a few companies that pay for the full 12 weeks.That is very rare.

My thoughts too. I want to see a comparison of "apples to apples" - not comparisons of average salaries of each gender. Show me the same level position, same work. If a women has breaks in her career path to have or raise kids she is not going to compete with a man who has no interruptions. In the blue collar world men tend to have more of the risky or dangerous positions.

If a female electrical lineman with the same position and experience makes 80 cent to the dollar as her male counterpart then, yeah, that needs some explaining. But this is only more demographic based political pandering. I.E. bull shat.

But back to the OP

What proof are you guys wanting? Like a person's name or something?

There are a brazillion research articles on the topic--google is your friend--that cut data in just about every way possible, including by taking into account "pink collar" jobs.

PDXsooner
3/16/2011, 12:39 PM
At least our women shave their armpits.

A little pit hair never hurt anyone...

Breadburner
3/16/2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah, but they're just modern-day sluts.;)

FIFY....:D

2121Sooner
3/16/2011, 12:41 PM
So here is a question I have for 3G.

If you had a gap in pay between you and I. Would you be willing to let me fill your gap?

Just askin

Veritas
3/16/2011, 12:42 PM
Obama must have a Wheel of Liberal Causes that he spins every week.

PDXsooner
3/16/2011, 12:42 PM

Here you don't have to religion-driven restraints on the thought process. However, the self-righteousness here can get out of hand, and I think the super-lefties are off the mark as well.

sappstuf
3/16/2011, 12:43 PM
People point at $223 billion dollar/month deficits and say planned parent hood, pbs, and npr are the problem and force the entire public dialogue into a fight over what amounts to the scraps of the largesse (1% of the budget?). Meanwhile, we quietly spend around 1.2-1.3 trillion a year to carry out our foreign policy via a military aparatus on behalf of multinational corporations who we've now determined are people who can spend as much as they want to elect politicians to protect their interests.
I say it sucks.

People point at the military when today, right now mandatory spending on items including, SS, Medicare and the like is higher than our federal reciepts. Mandatory spending this year (2011) will be $2.194 trillion, while total federal receipts will be $2.174 trillion.

So you could cut every penny from things like homeland security, interstate highways, national parks, and, of course, national defense and we would still have a deficit.

Obama's plan is to run for the hills, away from his own Deficit Commission's recommendations which even those would not be enough. What did Obama say when he announced that Commission?

For far too long, Washington has avoided the tough choices necessary to solve our fiscal problems

Indeed.

3rdgensooner
3/16/2011, 12:44 PM
So here is a question I have for 3G.

If you had a gap in pay between you and I. Would you be willing to let me fill your gap?Dude, your sexual harrassment will only lead to me kicking your *** to the corporate carpet. Now if your hot-a$$ wife wants to go drinking with me to celebrate, I'm in.

SoCaliSooner
3/16/2011, 12:45 PM

I think a woman is functional in the workplace, but one week a month she's bleeding and is a raving lunatic...therefore, 75% of the month she's almost capable, and the other 25% she needs to be shot with a tranquilizer dart from a wildlife wrangler...

80 cents on the dollar is fair...

3rdgensooner
3/16/2011, 12:47 PM
I think a woman is functional in the workplace, but one week a month she's bleeding and is a raving lunatic...therefore, 75% of the month she's almost capable, and the other 25% she needs to be shot with a tranquilizer dart from a wildlife wrangler...

80 cents on the dollar is fair...You slept through that response. Try harder.

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 12:52 PM

Reasonably feasible?

Double renewable energy in 3 years?

Capture and store 10 cubic miles of compressed CO2 each year...and keep it stored for eternity?

Shovel ready?

Close Gitmo?

Should I go on?

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 12:54 PM
This is the type of anecdotal stereotyping that leads to a potential pay gap in the first place.

That is very rare.

There are a brazillion research articles on the topic--google is your friend--that cut data in just about every way possible, including by taking into account "pink collar" jobs.

Actually Yes as a matter of fact Id like to see something Specific, Not a bunch of "Studies"
Some first hand Info, To me this is Kinda like the Global warming deal. Its a cute theory but show me specifics.:rolleyes:

yermom
3/16/2011, 12:56 PM
specifics don't tell you anything.

once case could just be an outlier. you need a study to find a trend

Condescending Sooner
3/16/2011, 12:59 PM
This is the type of anecdotal stereotyping that leads to a potential pay gap in the first place.

Not a stereotype, real world observations.

That is very rare.

No it isn't. Lots of companies let women use leave of some type and be paid for 3 months of leave.

A specific job.

You know what they say about statistics.

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 01:00 PM
But back to the OP

Im waiting

There is rarely a point in sharing scholarly work on message boards hostile to scholarly work, but you keep asking.

We assembled a large matched employer-employee data set covering
essentially all industries and occupations across all regions of the United
States. We use this data set to reexamine the question of the relative
contributions to the overall sex gap in wages of sex segregation versus
wage differences by sex within occupation, industry, establishment, and
occupation-establishment cells. This is especially important given that
earlier research on this topic relied on data sets that covered only a narrow
range of industries, occupations, or regions.

Our results indicate that, although a sizable fraction of the sex gap in
wages is accounted for by the segregation of women into lower-paying
occupations, industries, establishments, and occupations within establishments,a substantial part of this gap remains attributable to the individual’ssex. Overall, our estimates indicate that approximately one-half of the sexwage gap takes the form of wage differences between men and womenwithin narrowly defined occupations within establishments. These findingscontrast sharply with the conclusions of previous research (especially
Groshen 1991) using more limited data, which indicated that sex segregation
accounted for essentially all of the sex wage gap.

If you're interested in the details, you can read the article titled "New Evidence on Sex Segregation and Sex Differences in Wages from Matched Employee-Employer Data"
here http://ideas.repec.org/a/ucp/jlabec/v21y2003i4p887-922.html

Basically, there is still a gap when the data is controlled for industry, position, productivity, etc.

olevetonahill
specifics don't tell you anything.

once case could just be an outlier. you need a study to find a trend

But dont all Studies have their own agenda?
I have never seen a case where a woman doing the SAME work as a Man was paid less just because shes a she

MR2-Sooner86
ArKVUt4fBfQ

If women will work for less, how come companies aren't falling over themselves to hire nothing but women?

3rdgensooner
Oh for the love...

I don't know why I'm here. *shakes head and walks out of thread*

PDXsooner
3/16/2011, 01:01 PM
Reasonably feasible?

Capture and store 10 cubic miles of compressed CO2 each year...and keep it stored for eternity?

Shovel ready?

Close Gitmo?

Should I go on?

Sure. Doubling renewable energy should be number one on everyone's list. Why the Democrats and people on the left have been forced to be stewards of the environment is beyond me. Do republicans have some big plan to abandon earth for an undiscovered planet? Stop trying to be climatologists and listen to the scientists.

SoCaliSooner
3/16/2011, 01:02 PM
You slept through that response. Try harder.

http://www.wildlifemanagementpro.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/animal-attack-photo.jpg

Damn...must be that time o' the month...

pphilfran
Oh for the love...

Diligence...tenacity..perseverance...a woman has to have those things to get equal pay...so don't give up now!

TitoMorelli
FIFY....:D

I wasn't referring to the lingerie league.

(waiting for you to reply that you weren't either)

olevetonahill
There is rarely a point in sharing scholarly work on message boards hostile to scholarly work, but you keep asking.

If you're interested in the details, you can read the article titled "New Evidence on Sex Segregation and Sex Differences in Wages from Matched Employee-Employer Data"
here http://ideas.repec.org/a/ucp/jlabec/v21y2003i4p887-922.html

Basically, there is still a gap when the data is controlled for industry, position, productivity, etc.

Again Im asking If YOU or anyone else has personal knowledge or Been the "Victim" Of this wage discrepancy ?

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 01:04 PM
Oh for the love...

Typical female response, Pout and stomp off , :D

Curly Bill
3/16/2011, 01:04 PM
Again Im asking If YOU or anyone else has personal knowledge or Been the "Victim" Of this wage discrepancy ?

This is one of those deals where no one has personal knowledge of it happening, but they know someone that knows someone that has. Either that or they know it happens, they just don't have any personal experience with it. :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 01:06 PM
This is one of those deals where no one has personal knowledge of it happening, but they know someone that knows someone that has. Either that or they know it happens, they just don't have any personal experience with it. :rolleyes:

Thank you, Thats my point bro

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 01:07 PM
That's like the least effective measure of actual injustice or anything, ever.

Right up there on the level of stupid with young earth creationists who ask "where you there" about dinosaur bones.

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 01:09 PM
"Oh... we'll never know because we can't see into the employers heart."

This is what I mean about disembling and denial. Actual thinking people don't rely on such inane and ignorant methods for establishing truth in the world.

Curly Bill
3/16/2011, 01:09 PM
"Oh... we'll never know because we can't see into the employers heart."

This is what I mean about disembling and denial. Actual thinking people don't rely on such inane and ignorant methods for establishing truth in the world.

Are you talking to yourself?

2121Sooner
3/16/2011, 01:11 PM
Here you don't have to religion-driven restraints on the thought process. However, the self-righteousness here can get out of hand, and I think the super-lefties are off the mark as well.

Yeah I live here in the Seattle/Tacoma area and if there is a (D) in front of their name on the ballot they are getting elected. No questions asked

Dude, your sexual harrassment will only lead to me kicking your *** to the corporate carpet. Now if your hot-a$$ wife wants to go drinking with me to celebrate, I'm in.

I just spoke with her and said she would love to have drinks with you again. And you said "carpet"

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 01:12 PM
Are you talking to yourself?

Oh goodie. Olevet's savior!

http://myimages.bravenet.com/116/909/172/6/WhiteKnight.jpg

This goes nicely with the quote in your sig.

Caboose
3/16/2011, 01:12 PM

Right up there on the level of stupid with young earth creationists who ask "where you there" about dinosaur bones.

Don't you ever get tired of interjecting antiquated and already debunked nonsense into these threads and looking like a complete tard?

Seriously, you paid someone to fill you full of these stupid ideas. It is a ****ing embarrassment.

Curly Bill
3/16/2011, 01:13 PM

That's cute. You must be on Spring Break this week huh?

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 01:14 PM

This goes nicely with the quote in your sig.

The Vet dont need a savior Yainch. Get back in the kitchen :P

CrimsonCream
3/16/2011, 01:16 PM

:)

olevetonahill

Why dont you quit with calling people stupid and offer up just ONE known to you personally instance of this .

Curly Bill
The Vet dont need a savior Yainch. Get back in the kitchen :P

Is it a yainch, or a junior high kid left at home by themself...:confused:

CrimsonCream
3/16/2011, 01:17 PM
I'm also not going to defend Obama's every action, but I do believe he is a very capable leader.

Not being quarrelsome, but why do you think he is a capable leader?

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 01:18 PM
Why dont you quit with calling people stupid and offer up just ONE known to you personally instance of this .

I didn't say you were stupid. The things you say are stupid.

And no. I'm not responsible for winning at the internets. That's stupid, too.

2121Sooner
3/16/2011, 01:18 PM
I thought SoonerKnight was the white knight for the Posse

Hence the name.

And Ald, these are the same people that demand proof for anything they don't believe in, yet when the discussion of God comes up you have to believe and have faith. Proof is irrelevant

Mongo
3/16/2011, 01:19 PM

When they dont have to do push ups from their knees, do the same physical fitness testing standards as men, and can do a lay up in basketball without stopping and jumping from both legs, then yes.

sooner_born_1960
3/16/2011, 01:21 PM
And if they didn't throw like, well, girls.

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 01:22 PM

Hence the name.

And Ald, these are the same people that demand proof for anything they don't believe in, yet when the discussion of God comes up you have to believe and have faith. Proof is irrelevant

Ya got pics of the big bang? Easy to understand that everything in the cosmos at one time was some small ball of mass that somehow went critical, exploded, and managed to somehow create everything you see?

olevetonahill
I didn't say you were stupid. The things you say are stupid.

And no. I'm not responsible for winning at the internets. That's stupid, too.

How is it "STUPID" to ask you to show me one instance of this pay difference that you know of PERSONALLY?

Hence the name.

And we have the OUI champion :rolleyes: . Ive never said anything about God, but you seem intent on continuing to stir shat up

yermom

if you don't look across a bunch of instances, you can't correlate the difference to gender

if you just look at anecdotal data, you could find an example of anything

i'm just speaking in generalities for statistics here though.

i think if a woman wants to make the same as her male co-workers she should do the same work. if she is going to take 6 weeks off to have a kid every couple of years that's going to hurt her productivity, whether it's federally mandated that she can or not. i'm going to bet that men that don't deal with child issues at work make more than ones that do as well.

as for equal pay across jobs, men are willing/able to do more jobs that pay more, IMO

OutlandTrophy
3/16/2011, 01:23 PM
that's cute that Alde has his own white knight in 2121. adorable!

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 01:23 PM

Truer words have rarely been spoken. And this, from one of my favorite right wing nut jobs. What to think?

MR2-Sooner86
3/16/2011, 01:24 PM
Sure. Doubling renewable energy should be number one on everyone's list. Why the Democrats and people on the left have been forced to be stewards of the environment is beyond me.

This statement is hilarious.

If they REALLY wanted to invest in clean energy, why aren't nuclear plants being looked into and the red tape taken away? What about research into reusing the spent fuel which got cut? What about clean coal technologies so we can take advantage of our large coal reserves? What about natural gas vehicles?

Everybody having a windmill at their house, solar powered buildings, and people riding bicycles to work aren't going to help our energy demands no matter how much they demonvirolibs want us to believe.

Stop trying to be climatologists and listen to the scientists.

The same climatologists caught back-pedaling, lying, and twisting facts? No thanks.

Swallowing all that BS, without question, must make you gag like no other. Sad.

Back to the original question, why do men make more? Simple, they do more.

:eek:

Who works longer hours? Men.
Who works in dangerous conditions? Men.
Who works outside exposed to the environment? Men.
Who works more physically demanding jobs? Men.

I mean if women were equal then how come their military PT have lower standards than men?

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 01:26 PM
Sure. Doubling renewable energy should be number one on everyone's list. Why the Democrats and people on the left have been forced to be stewards of the environment is beyond me. Do republicans have some big plan to abandon earth for an undiscovered planet? Stop trying to be climatologists and listen to the scientists.

Which Prez added to most renewable energy in the US?

A. Clinton
B. Bush
C. Obama

sooner_born_1960
3/16/2011, 01:29 PM
Doubling renewable energy? Gee, let's get all around that. We'll take it from statistical insignificance to just plain insignificance.

yermom
3/16/2011, 01:31 PM

If they REALLY wanted to invest in clean energy, why aren't nuclear plants being looked into and the red tape taken away?

http://www.yiddishreport.com/user/uploads/files/15249194_alg_nuke_reactor_explosion.jpg

;)

personally, i think riding bicycles could do a lot. if you could actually get around and cities were planned where it could work, we'd need less cars.

same with windmills. if we can make electricity and jobs and save money, i don't see what the problem is.

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 01:35 PM
What is the highest percent of increase in renewable energy in any one year?

A. 20%
B. 30%
C. 40%

OutlandTrophy
3/16/2011, 01:35 PM
personally, i think riding bicycles could do a lot. if you could actually get around and cities were planned where it could work, we'd need less cars.

same with windmills. if we can make electricity and jobs and save money, i don't see what the problem is.

and a time machine to go back and replan the cities...

great idea!!

Mongo
3/16/2011, 01:36 PM
Imagine the office stank from everyone who got all sweaty on their bike commute, then sat in their lather all day at their computer. No thanks

StoopTroup
3/16/2011, 01:37 PM
Imagine the office stank from everyone who got all sweaty on their bike commute, then sat in their lather all day at their computer. No thanks

Man up. Plenty of folks like the sweaty types.

MR2-Sooner86
3/16/2011, 01:38 PM
http://www.yiddishreport.com/user/uploads/files/15249194_alg_nuke_reactor_explosion.jpg

;)

Figured this would come up. Despite one freak natural disaster they have an awesome track record.

Besides for being 40 years old and withstanding an earthquake stronger than it was rated to take, that's good. A wave 30 feet tall crashing into it probably wasn't in their minds.

Just as many people would die if one of the dams here in Oklahoma busted.

As for windmills and solar power, it's a feel good idea. In order to create the power we need you'd need ALLOT of land. I'm talking ALLOT of land. This is for something that can't generate at 100% capacity 24/7/365?

The largest solar farm is around 5,000 acres and can barely match the output of your average nuclear plant and it doesn't work at night. Doesn't sound cost effective to me.

Now if you live in Florida and can afford the conversion to a solar roof with battery backups, power to you.

You can do it at a consumer level. National? Ain't gonna happen.

2121Sooner
Ya got pics of the big bang? Easy to understand that everything in the cosmos at one time was some small ball of mass that somehow went critical, exploded, and managed to somehow create everything you see?

The big bang? I thought that is what the posse called it's monthly meeting with Troup, Knight, and J-rod acting as lead fluffers and Curly bringing some of those smoked ribs he made

And yeah, the whole "universe expanding" thing probably would make much sense to a fella like you.

Veritas
Something tells me SuperTard will be making another appearance soon.

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 01:39 PM

If they REALLY wanted to invest in clean energy, why aren't nuclear plants being looked into and the red tape taken away? What about research into reusing the spent fuel which got cut? What about clean coal technologies so we can take advantage of our large coal reserves? What about natural gas vehicles?

Everybody having a windmill at their house, solar powered buildings, and people riding bicycles to work aren't going to help our energy demands no matter how much they demonvirolibs want us to believe.

The same climatologists caught back-pedaling, lying, and twisting facts? No thanks.

Swallowing all that BS, without question, must make you gag like no other. Sad.

Back to the original question, why do men make more? Simple, they do more.

:eek:

Who works longer hours? Men.
Who works in dangerous conditions? Men.
Who works outside exposed to the environment? Men.
Who works more physically demanding jobs? Men.

I mean if women were equal then how come their military PT have lower standards than men?

Clean coal is a joke...

Do you think we can store at least 10 cubic miles of compressed CO2 for eternity?

In 2009 the US created 6,000,000,000 metric tons of CO2...

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 01:40 PM
that's cute that Alde has his own white knight in 2121. adorable!

I think Aldi is a chick

Curly Bill
The big bang? I thought that is what the posse called it's monthly meeting with Troup, Knight, and J-rod acting as lead fluffers and Curly bringing some of those smoked ribs he made

And yeah, the whole "universe expanding" thing probably would make much sense to a fella like you.

You're trying too hard. :O

yermom
and a time machine to go back and replan the cities...

great idea!!

well, they were planned as they are based on cheap gas. i guess we'll see how that turns out.

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 01:41 PM

Hey...I believe in the theory...my only point is that it is difficult to believe in God even though their is little or no physical evidence....imo, it is just as difficult to believe in the Big Bang theory..

Mongo
Man up. Plenty of folks like the sweaty types.

You obviously havent caught a whiff of my taint after a twenty mile ride:D

Curly Bill
I think Aldi is a chick

If she is I got $20 says she's one of those that likes other chicks. ;)

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 01:42 PM
Something tells me SuperTard will be making another appearance soon.

:D :cool:

yermom
3/16/2011, 01:45 PM
Figured this would come up. Despite one freak natural disaster they have an awesome track record.

Besides for being 40 years old and withstanding an earthquake stronger than it was rated to take, that's good. A wave 30 feet tall crashing into it probably wasn't in their minds.

Just as many people would die if one of the dams here in Oklahoma busted.

As for windmills and solar power, it's a feel good idea. In order to create the power we need you'd need ALLOT of land. I'm talking ALLOT of land. This is for something that can't generate at 100% capacity 24/7/365?

The largest solar farm is around 5,000 acres and can barely match the output of your average nuclear plant and it doesn't work at night. Doesn't sound cost effective to me.

Now if you live in Florida and can afford the conversion to a solar roof with battery backups, power to you.

You can do it at a consumer level. National? Ain't gonna happen.

would you want to live next to a nuclear reactor? how about where ever they store the waste? you want to be around when all the doom and gloom everyone thinks is happening any day now happens and no one is manning these things?

2121Sooner
3/16/2011, 01:46 PM
Hey...I believe in the theory...my only point is that it is difficult to believe in God even though their is little or no physical evidence....imo, it is just as difficult to believe in the Big Bang theory..

That is the beauty of it Phil. I believe in God and all that goes with it. I have problems believing all of it because science does show an evolution of man and the universe but I'm tryin

OutlandTrophy
3/16/2011, 01:46 PM
do you want to live right above the smokestack on a coal fired plant?

Curly Bill
3/16/2011, 01:47 PM

Put me a grate over it and smoke me some ribs there! :D

Ain't that right 2121? :P

SoCaliSooner
3/16/2011, 01:48 PM
No. That's for poor people.

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 01:48 PM
if you don't look across a bunch of instances, you can't correlate the difference to gender

if you just look at anecdotal data, you could find an example of anything

i'm just speaking in generalities for statistics here though.

i think if a woman wants to make the same as her male co-workers she should do the same work. if she is going to take 6 weeks off to have a kid every couple of years that's going to hurt her productivity, whether it's federally mandated that she can or not. i'm going to bet that men that don't deal with child issues at work make more than ones that do as well.

as for equal pay across jobs, men are willing/able to do more jobs that pay more, IMO

Oh Dave Im not doubting the Studies
Im asking for ANYONE to give me a personally known example
So far all the OUI dweebs have done is insult Christianity and Oklahomans :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
3/16/2011, 01:49 PM
So far all the OUI dweebs have done is insult Christianity and Oklahomans :rolleyes:

I think it was in the pact they all agreed to saying they'd come on here and be as ghey as possible. ;)

MR2-Sooner86
3/16/2011, 01:50 PM
Clean coal is a joke...

Do you think we can store at least 10 cubic miles of compressed CO2 for eternity?

We can store it and use it. Would you rather we just release it into the atmosphere or store it in large tanks?

In 2009 the US created 6,000,000,000 metric tons of CO2...

This is one of the things I find funny. We didn't create anything. The whole "carbon footprint" thing is silly. We're simply switching forms of CO2. We didn't create it.

Plants millions of years ago took CO2 out of the air for food. Dinosaurs ate the plants for food. The dinosaurs died and their remains created oil/coal. We burn the oil and release the CO2 back into the air.

We're simply releasing CO2 back into the air that hasn't been in the air for millions of years. Again, we didn't create it we're just switching the forms of it.

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 01:50 PM

Hey...I'm and OUI dweeb...

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 01:52 PM
I think it was in the pact they all agreed to saying they'd come on here and be as ghey as possible. ;)

What is very humorous to me, Is they all came running over here because they were Insulted at OUI , Now they spend their days insulting those of us that have been HERE for years :D

Aldebaran
The key to winning is to continuously redefine your request.

I need an example. I need an example of a person. I need an example of a person you know of. I need a personally known example. I need a personally known example of someone within the last year. I need a personally known example of someone within the last year who isn't over 60. I need a personally known example of someoen within the last year who isn't over 60 that is attractive (pic's required) ad nausium. Oh you don't have that? I effing win ya bunch of oklahoman and christian hating losers!

*snore*

pphilfran
We can store it and use it. Would you rather we just release it into the atmosphere or store it in large tanks?

This is one of the things I find funny. We didn't create anything. The whole "carbon footprint" thing is silly. We're simply switching forms of CO2. We didn't create it.

Plants millions of years ago took CO2 out of the air for food. Dinosaurs ate the plants for food. The dinosaurs died and their remains created oil/coal. We burn the oil and release the CO2 back into the air.

We're simply releasing CO2 back into the air that hasn't been in the air for millions of years. Again, we didn't create it we're just switching the forms of it.

That would be on large storage tank....

You are correct...the US rereleased 8 billion metric tons of CO2....

yermom
3/16/2011, 01:53 PM

no but, i don't think i'd be freaked out as much by a natural disaster if i shared a state with one either though

olevetonahill
Hey...I'm and OUI dweeb...

Well if the shoe fits. :P

OutlandTrophy

I need an example. I need an example of a person. I need an example of a person you know of. I need a personally known example. I need a personally known example of someone within the last year. I need a personally known example of someone within the last year who isn't over 60. I need a personally known example of someoen within the last year who isn't over 60 that is attractive (pic's required) ad nausium. Oh you don't have that? I effing win ya bunch of oklahoman and christian hating losers!

*snore*

or to just change the subject altogether!

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 01:54 PM
Well if the shoe fits. :P

I resemble that remark....

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 01:55 PM
or to just change the subject altogether!

Global warming and industrial accidents are very important contributions to any thread.

PDXsooner
3/16/2011, 01:55 PM
Intelligent dialogue no longer detected. PDXsooner out.

MR2-Sooner86
3/16/2011, 01:56 PM
That would be on large storage tank....

That it would be but from what I understand, there are allot of uses for CO2 out there. Would it put a dent in it? Probably not but it could help.

As I was saying I've heard clean coal isn't a dead technology and isn't at a dead end. Last I heard, but I could be wrong.

As stated, I'd rather see it in tanks than in the air. Then you could control how much you gradually release into the atmosphere. Or you could connect lines to plant nurseries. I really don't know. Some options are better than none.

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 01:59 PM
That it would be but from what I understand, there are allot of uses for CO2 out there. Would it put a dent in it? Probably not but it could help.

As I was saying I've heard clean coal isn't a dead technology and isn't at a dead end. Last I heard, but I could be wrong.

As stated, I'd rather see it in tanks than in the air. Then you could control how much you gradually release into the atmosphere. Or you could connect lines to plant nurseries. I really don't know. Some options are better than none.

They currently inject CO2 into old oil and gas wells...the plan is to drill wells in areas of the US that have the right formations that are "leak proof"...

My problem is that we can't seem to find a place to store nuke waste for 50k years or so....but seem to think that each and every year storing many cubic miles of compressed CO2 for eternity is much easier...

SoCaliSooner
3/16/2011, 02:00 PM

*snore*

http://thebooksmugglers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/karate_kid_miyagi_ending.jpg

Make.....Miyagi....ploud..

MR2-Sooner86
3/16/2011, 02:00 PM
would you want to live next to a nuclear reactor? how about where ever they store the waste? you want to be around when all the doom and gloom everyone thinks is happening any day now happens and no one is manning these things?

I'd live next to a nuclear power plant, underneath a dam, or in an area highly susceptible to tornadoes.

Does the situation suck? Sure, but you have countries like France powered by mostly nuclear power and do you hear a peep from them? None.

This event ranks up there with Chernobyl which was man caused. This is caused by nature which I'm sure nobody saw coming. As for Three Mile Island, an overblown joke where nobody died or got cancer.

So of all the thousands of nuclear reactors in the world, we have these two incidents. I like the track record.

As for the fuel, there are ways we can us a majority of that again and allot of this nations nuclear waste can be re-used but the politicians put the kibosh on that.

2121Sooner
3/16/2011, 02:03 PM
Put me a grate over it and smoke me some ribs there! :D

Ain't that right 2121? :P

With a smokestack being as big as it is that would be a pretty big grate and if you were to smoke ribs on that big a grate they would need to be the size of a dinosaur. And since some of you don't believe they ever existed it would kind of be a moot point would t it?

Did I get it right!?!

MR2-Sooner86
3/16/2011, 02:05 PM
My problem is that we can't seem to find a place to store nuke waste for 50k years or so....but seem to think that each and every year storing many cubic miles of compressed CO2 for eternity is much easier...

As stated we could re-use much of our nuclear waste. In fact we could cut this nations nuclear waste in half, at least, if we used some of these processes. France and other countries are doing it but the politicians here won't let us.

As for storing CO2, we don't have to store it. We could just release it back into the atmosphere after a short period of time.

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 02:06 PM
http://www.martinlawrence.com/deyber/deyber-mini/Like-Moths-to-a-Flame-mini.jpg

Curly Bill
3/16/2011, 02:07 PM
With a smokestack being as big as it is that would be a pretty big grate and if you were to smoke ribs on that big a grate they would need to be the size of a dinosaur. And since some of you don't believe they ever existed it would kind of be a moot point would t it?

Did I get it right!?!

Nope, not with me anyway. But still, you're showing good effort. ;)

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 02:09 PM
As stated we could re-use much of our nuclear waste. In fact we could cut this nations nuclear waste in half, at least, if we used some of these processes. France and other countries are doing it but the politicians here won't let us.

As for storing CO2, we don't have to store it. We could just release it back into the atmosphere after a short period of time.

Releasing it ain't the plan...

I agree with you on nukes...i am just pizzed about our energy policy and lack of time frame that will allow transition...

You do realize that all the changes in electrical generation will have no effect on the amount of crude that we use?

Anytime you hear renewable energy it is all about global warming and nothing about oil dependence...

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 02:11 PM

*snore*

You are such a boor . Give me any example, That can you can say you know of.
Not some dayum "Study" Surely if this is that Big of a Problem then some one knows of at least ONE

sappstuf
3/16/2011, 02:13 PM
Reasonably feasible?

Shovel ready?

Close Gitmo?

Should I go on?

I could double renewable energy in 3 years. I would just use the method Obama used to rave about when talking about Spain's solar farms. In fact, their solar farms got so efficient they were producing energy at night!

Turns out they were connecting diesel generators to get all of that nice government subsidy money..

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-04-12/spanish-solar-panel-trade-group-calls-for-fraud-investigation.html

Obama doesn't talk about Spain's renewable energy program much anymore.

Speaking of energy subsidies.. This is a nice chart.

http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/energy-subsidies.jpg

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 02:13 PM
You are such a boor . Give me any example, That can you can say you know of.
Not some dayum "Study" Surely if this is that Big of a Problem then some one knows of at least ONE

Differences will be found in management positions...

The last thing a staff person should do is talk salary to others at work...

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 02:14 PM
No. I'd rather rely on empirical evidence of a systemic problem than an individual's example that tells nothing and invites people into an emotional debate over people they know.

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 02:15 PM
I could double renewable energy in 3 years. I would just use the method Obama used to rave about when talking about Spain's solar farms. In fact, their solar farms got so efficient they were producing energy at night!

Turns out they were connecting diesel generators to get all of that nice government subsidy money..

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-04-12/spanish-solar-panel-trade-group-calls-for-fraud-investigation.html

Obama doesn't talk about Spain's renewable energy program much anymore.

Speaking of energy subsidies.. This is a nice chart.

http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/energy-subsidies.jpg

Good find, Sap...I hadn't seen that info...

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 02:17 PM
No. I'd rather rely on empirical evidence of a systemic problem than an individual's example that tells nothing and invites people into an emotional debate over people they know.

So Ill take that as a NO you have never experienced this pay discrepancy Nor do you KNOW of anyone
Yet you will continue to spout off about it . Got it :rolleyes:

MR2-Sooner86
3/16/2011, 02:22 PM
You do realize that all the changes in electrical generation will have no effect on the amount of crude that we use?

Anytime you hear renewable energy it is all about global warming and nothing about oil dependence...

Disagree. Those electric cars and trains everybody talks about to replace our cars? Where will they get the power?

But yes you are correct in that statement.

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 02:25 PM
Disagree. Those electric cars and trains everybody talks about to replace our cars? Where will they get the power?

But yes you are correct in that statement.

It will be at least a decade before there are enough electrics to put a strain on the system...and by then fuel cell tech should be the "fuel" of choice for transportation...

SouthCarolinaSooner
3/16/2011, 02:31 PM
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1983185,00.html
Article on pay differences. Not saying the government should do anything about it, but denying that their is a gap is bat****

C&CDean
3/16/2011, 02:33 PM
What a stupid ****ing thread.

Alls I can speak to is my own personal experience. I've been employed for the past ~38 years. During this period, anytime a female employee had the same job title and job responsibilities as me she got the same pay as me. Period.

All the idiots who are ranting about unfair pay are actually too stupid to see that what is really not equitable is the types of jobs women/men have historically done. Get it? Secretaries don't make us much as managers. If the secretary happens to be a man, and the manager happens to be a woman well ****ing DOH. The woman gets paid more.

If you really want to talk inequity look at the military. Females get private quarters, have to perform less physical tasks, get PT tests tailored to them, etc. but an E-3 females still gets paid the same as an E-3 male. How is that **** fair?

Anyhow, let's talk gays. We've already covered pretty much everything else in this abortion of a thread. Alde, you ****ing 2121?

Some of you are so dim you make a match look as brilliant as the sun.

CrimsonCream
3/16/2011, 02:35 PM
This is a nice chart.

If we used both the hot air and gas coming out of Obama'a upper and lower orifices then we'd be energy dependent quickly.

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 02:35 PM

Alls I can speak to is my own personal experience. I've been employed for the past ~38 years. During this period, anytime a female employee had the same job title and job responsibilities as me she got the same pay as me. Period.

All the idiots who are ranting about unfair pay are actually too stupid to see that what is really not equitable is the types of jobs women/men have historically done. Get it? Secretaries don't make us much as managers. If the secretary happens to be a man, and the manager happens to be a woman well ****ing DOH. The woman gets paid more.

If you really want to talk inequity look at the military. Females get private quarters, have to perform less physical tasks, get PT tests tailored to them, etc. but an E-3 females still gets paid the same as an E-3 male. How is that **** fair?

Anyhow, let's talk gays. We've already covered pretty much everything else in this abortion of a thread. Alde, you ****ing 2121?

:D

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 02:36 PM
AW Dean you said it Much more bluntly than I :D
Thats what Ive been askin is for some one to give me an example that they know of.
No one has , They would rather argue about it :rolleyes:

stoops the eternal pimp
3/16/2011, 02:36 PM
My ho s get paid different wages for the same work...some of em just better at it than others

SouthCarolinaSooner
3/16/2011, 02:39 PM

Now we all know women can't drive, but as part of the article I linked the Census Bureau reported in 07 that female truck drivers earned only 77% of what males did.

C&CDean
3/16/2011, 02:42 PM
Now we all know women can't drive, but as part of the article I linked the Census Bureau reported in 07 that female truck drivers earned only 77% of what males did.

I don't give a **** what you linked. A female truck driver driving for Rakab, or Cedar Rapids Transport or Mayflower or Yellow Freight or UPS or FedEx or the USPS with the same qualifications and the same experience gets EXACTLY the same pay as a male with the same quals. Get it? Sheez. Why do I bother with some of you embiciles?

sappstuf
If we used both the hot air and gas coming out of Obama'a upper and lower orifices then we'd be energy dependent quickly.

They tried....

u14tBwO5QVQ

olevetonahill

Thats well and good son , But did they do the study with Men and women who actually drove the same amount of Miles in the same time frame and the same type of rig?

Last I checked trucking companies paid by the Mile Not By the Sex.

SouthCarolinaSooner
3/16/2011, 02:43 PM
Thats well and good son , But did they do the study with Men and women who actually drove the same amount of Miles in the same time frame and the same type of rig?

Last I checked trucking companies paid by the Mile Not By the Sex.
I don't know at all, just linking the info :P

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 02:46 PM
No way.. I'm out of 2121's league.

But since you were all ranty about your personal experience as a man, Dean, you win.

SouthCarolinaSooner
3/16/2011, 02:47 PM
I don't give a **** what you linked. A female truck driver driving for Rakab, or Cedar Rapids Transport or Mayflower or Yellow Freight or UPS or FedEx or the USPS with the same qualifications and the same experience gets EXACTLY the same pay as a male with the same quals. Get it? Sheez. Why do I bother with some of you embiciles?
Sorry for offending you, but you have more knowledge of salary than the US Census Bureau?

C&CDean
3/16/2011, 02:48 PM
No way.. I'm out of 2121's league.

But since you were all ranty about your personal experience as a man, Dean, you win.

No, I win because I am correct. You lose because you're not.

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 02:49 PM
I'm correct and you're racist. I win.

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 02:49 PM

Dean aint Racist hes Sexist
Pay Tention

3rdgensooner
3/16/2011, 02:50 PM
Wow, this thread has really evolved into a heaping pile of narrow-minded manure.

You should all be proud of your testosterone-infused blow-hardedness.

C&CDean
3/16/2011, 02:50 PM
Sorry for offending you, but you have more knowledge of salary than the US Census Bureau?

You aren't capable of offending me. Hell, you ain't experienced enough with life to be able to have an opinion, so you link stats. Stats lie. Stats are skewed with all kinds of horse****. Someday you may learn that.

Instead of parroting the other 2-3 dumbasses in this thread who cannot provide a single example of a female with all of the same quals doing the same job as a man - but getting less pay, you should just STFU and learn something.

C&CDean
3/16/2011, 02:51 PM

You got stats to prove it? Where do I fall in the bell curve of racism? Where do you? Meh.

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 02:52 PM
Wow, this thread has really evolved into a heaping pile of narrow-minded manure.

Peeing for distance and accuracy starts at a very young age and goes all the way through. No exceptions.

C&CDean

Well instead of acting all high-brow estrogen-laden bitch, why not provide a specific example in your own personal life as requested? I know, you can't...

pphilfran
I would imagine that one of the driving forces is time on the job....probably a hell of a lot more men with 20 or 30 years on the job than women...

Then toss in the fact that the man is usually the majority breadwinner and if he gets an offer out of state the lady of the house quits her job and follows her man to the new work city...they guy gets a raise to move...the woman gets to start at the bottom in a new organization...

There are many, many reasons for the discrepancy...and Obama ain't gonna be able to resolve em...

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 02:53 PM

And you continue to denigrate rather than show an example .:rolleyes:
Oh and at My age Im dayum Proud when i can get HARD :hot:

SouthCarolinaSooner
3/16/2011, 02:53 PM
You aren't capable of offending me. Hell, you ain't experienced enough with life to be able to have an opinion, so you link stats. Stats lie. Stats are skewed with all kinds of horse****. Someday you may learn that.

Instead of parroting the other 2-3 dumbasses in this thread who cannot provide a single example of a female with all of the same quals doing the same job as a man - but getting less pay, you should just STFU and learn something.
Stats lie and because you've observed 0.00001 % of the workforce you are correct. Right, carry on.

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 02:54 PM
Stats lie and because you've observed 0.00001 % of the workforce you are correct. Right, carry on.

Stats can be made to show anything...

OutlandTrophy
3/16/2011, 02:54 PM
one example, take it for what it is worth

two of the male well planners here at work were complaining that this chick wellplanner makes more than they do.

SouthCarolinaSooner
3/16/2011, 02:55 PM
Stats can be made to show anything...
While agree, I think a government survey is more reliable in showing large trends then that of single person's observation. Then again I'm 19 so its scientifically proven that I don't know anything.

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 02:55 PM
Well instead of acting all high-brow estrogen-laden bitch, why not provide a specific example in your own personal life as requested? I know, you can't...

See, Tolt Yall Dean wasnt racist that he was Sexist :D :cool:

3rdgensooner
3/16/2011, 02:56 PM
Well instead of acting all high-brow estrogen-laden bitch, why not provide a specific example in your own personal life as requested? I know, you can't...So that those of you who have such vastly superior experience can throw acid on it? No thanks.

Instead, why don't those of you claiming to be all-knowing admit that you have no idea what happens in the majority of organizations, because you have not personally been employed by them.

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 02:56 PM
one example, take it for what it is worth

two of the male well planners here at work were complaining that this chick wellplanner makes more than they do.

Well thats just not Right, Obama should do something :eek:

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 02:57 PM
So that those of you who have such vastly superior experience can throw acid on it? No thanks.

Instead, why don't those of you claiming to be all-knowing admit that you have no idea what happens in the majority of organizations, because you have not personally been employed by them.

:rolleyes:

C&CDean
3/16/2011, 02:58 PM
While agree, I think a government survey is more reliable in showing large trends then that of single person's observation. Then again I'm 19 so its scientifically proven that I don't know anything.

You're actually getting smarter. Admitting that you're clueless is the first step in becoming enlightened. You're still not listening though.

Have you ever had a job? Does your dad work? Provide a personal example of the situation you're claiming is "fact cause I read it in a link." Again, you can't, because it's not true.

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 02:59 PM

You gotta look at just more than the raw data...

The trucker pay is a prime example...they get paid less but did they drive the same amount of miles?

How long have they been on the job?

What is their attendance?

Do they want to advance?

Mongo
3/16/2011, 02:59 PM
So that those of you who have such vastly superior experience can throw acid on it? No thanks.

Pipe down, sugartits

StoopTroup
3/16/2011, 03:00 PM
Gets right down to this for me.....

Who should make more....

The female ditch digger that dug a ditch 20 feet deep by 40 feet wide by 30 feet long?

Or

The guy who did it with a backhoe in a half hour

C&CDean
3/16/2011, 03:01 PM

Oh. So popping off with a bunch of male bashing horse**** isn't the same as throwing acid on it?

How about this. Why don't you stop with all the bull**** and dig up a single example of what you're claiming to be true. Not a link, an example. Again, you can't. That's my only point.

Yes, historically men have made more than women. Yes, that trend will probably continue. Men do different/more dangerous types jobs and that will keep the numbers skewed forever. That being said, a female firefighter or lumberjack (or any other dangerous profession you want to list) or a female ANYTHING will get the same pay as a male ANYTHING given identical situations. Do you deny this?

3rdgensooner
3/16/2011, 03:07 PM
Oh. So popping off with a bunch of male bashing horse**** isn't the same as throwing acid on it?

How about this. Why don't you stop with all the bull**** and dig up a single example of what you're claiming to be true. Not a link, an example. Again, you can't. That's my only point.

Yes, historically men have made more than women. Yes, that trend will probably continue. Men do different/more dangerous types jobs and that will keep the numbers skewed forever. That being said, a female firefighter or lumberjack (or any other dangerous profession you want to list) or a female ANYTHING will get the same pay as a male ANYTHING given identical situations. Do you deny this?I have the integrity to say that I don't know for a fact the trends in every industry or every profession. Nor do any of you.

And my definition of bull**** includes putting more emphasis on anecdotal stories than trends across data. If anecdotes mattered, then the fact that we break a normal high temperature one day will prove once and for all that global warming exists.

That being said, you have no f**king clue what examples I have.

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 03:09 PM
I have the integrity to say that I don't know for a fact the trends in every industry or every profession. Nor do any of you.

And my definition of bull**** includes putting more emphasis on anecdotal stories than trends across data. If anecdotes mattered, then the fact that we break a normal high temperature one day will prove once and for all that global warming exists.

Obviously you have NONE
Now get yer *** back in the kitchen and let the MEN talk:P

OULenexaman
3/16/2011, 03:10 PM
this thread is so ****ing 70's....Obama needs to start wearing bell bottom jeans.

3rdgensooner
3/16/2011, 03:11 PM
Obviously you have NONE
Now get yer *** back in the kitchen and let the MEN talk:P:rolleyes:

C&CDean
3/16/2011, 03:12 PM
I have the integrity to say that I don't know for a fact the trends in every industry or every profession. Nor do any of you.

Well no **** Sherlockette. That's why I f**king asked.

And it's not "anecdotal stories." It's fact. You have been challenged to disprove it, and you cannot. That's it. No big deal, no sour enchiladas. No winner. No loser. It just is.

AlboSooner
3/16/2011, 03:14 PM
My worldview which is based on the teachings of Christ, tells me males and females are equal in the eyes of God. Jesus himself honored women just as much if not more than men.

I am not omniscient, so I don't know all the trends in all the organizations in the world, but if a woman performs the jobs just as well as a man, she should be paid based on what she does, not based on her gender.

OULenexaman
3/16/2011, 03:14 PM
no chicken dinner...

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 03:16 PM
:rolleyes:

http://rlv.zcache.com/big_kiss_poster-p228375521417698026t5ta_400.jpg

3rdgensooner
3/16/2011, 03:17 PM
Well no **** Sherlockette. That's why I f**king asked.

And it's not "anecdotal stories." It's fact. You have been challenged to disprove it, and you cannot. That's it. No big deal, no sour enchiladas. No winner. No loser. It just is.
Disprove what? Your career experiences are anecdotal. olevet's experiences are anecdotal. My experiences are anecdotal. pphil's experiences are anecdotal.

Now if you want to combine the "anecdotal evidence" of a representative sample of the population and talk about it, then I'm in. Oh wait, that's research and you guys aren't interested in that.

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 03:18 PM
My worldview which is based on the teachings of Christ, tells me males and females are equal in the eyes of God. Jesus himself honored women just as much if not more than men.

I am not omniscient, so I don't know all the trends in all the organizations in the world, but if a woman performs the jobs just as well as a man, she should be paid based on what she does, not based on her gender.

Why dont ya ask Jesus to give us an example , No on else will

Mongo
3/16/2011, 03:21 PM
I sense penis envy in this thread

AlboSooner
3/16/2011, 03:21 PM
Why dont ya ask Jesus to give us an example , No on else will

I don't understand your question. You want an example from the Bible?

3rdgensooner
3/16/2011, 03:22 PM
I sense penis envy in this threadWomen don't have penis envy.

Upper body strength envy maybe, but not penis.

C&CDean
3/16/2011, 03:24 PM
Disprove what? Your career experiences are anecdotal. olevet's experiences are anecdotal. My experiences are anecdotal. pphil's experiences are anecdotal.

Now if you want to combine the "anecdotal evidence" of a representative sample of the population and talk about it, then I'm in. Oh wait, that's research and you guys aren't interested in that.

Oh you were doing great until you had to throw the stupid comment in at the end. Why do you do that?

How about we do this? How about we do some google searches on jobs and see if we can find a single one that offers a different wage to a female than a male. That's research ain't it?

Mongo
3/16/2011, 03:25 PM
Women don't have penis envy.

Upper body strength envy maybe, but not penis.

Why? They are fun. You cant helicopter your genitals, can you?

sooner_born_1960
3/16/2011, 03:26 PM
Gawd, I hope not.

3rdgensooner
3/16/2011, 03:28 PM
How about we do this? How about we do some google searches on jobs and see if we can find a single one that offers a different wage to a female than a male. That's research ain't it?
You have a google wherein HR reps post employee salary databases?

Absolutely! Point me to it.

MamaMia
3/16/2011, 03:30 PM
Maybe we women should unionize and start charging for everything we do at home and in the bedroom?

Mongo
3/16/2011, 03:31 PM
Maybe we women should unionize and start charging for everything we do at home and in the bedroom?

We will Ronald Reagan/air traffic controllers yall's asses and find someone willing to work:D

C&CDean
3/16/2011, 03:32 PM
You have a google wherein HR reps post employee salary databases?

Absolutely! Point me to it.

Riiiight.

Nice sidestep shuffle though.

Are we done here or do you have something else?

3rdgensooner
3/16/2011, 03:33 PM
Riiiight.

Nice sidestep shuffle though.

Are we done here or do you have something else?
Uh, you're the sidestepper. Nice try though.

Are we done here or do you have a comprehensive salary database we can play in together?

MamaMia
We will Ronald Reagan/air traffic controllers yall's asses and find someone willing to work:D

Oh yeah? Well then we'll unite and cut you off. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
I should start chargin for what I do in the bedroom

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 03:35 PM

Can you supply me with a price list of the bedroom activities?

pphilfran
3/16/2011, 03:35 PM
Oh, and your resume...with references...

3rdgensooner
3/16/2011, 03:36 PM
I should start chargin for what I do in the bedroom
I usually just get "mine" upfront and it's all good after that. ;)

Mongo
3/16/2011, 03:36 PM

I am sure many o senoritas are willing for a shot at americanized lifestyles. Yall go ahead:D

C&CDean
3/16/2011, 03:45 PM
Uh, you're the sidestepper. Nice try though.

Are we done here or do you have a comprehensive salary database we can play in together?

What. Ev.

Sure, I'm done. But the whole "playing in the comprehensive salary database" sounds kinda kinky and fun in a dirty nerd sorta way.

GKeeper316
3/16/2011, 03:54 PM
Yes, so we need a federal law to rectify this unfairness. Just like all the other unfair things in life. [/sarcasm]

ya we actually do. were it not for federal legislation, children would still be working in dangerous factories and women wouldn't be allowed to vote.

my god you people are the most callous mother-****ers on the planet and i cant wait to move the **** out of oklahoma to get the hell away from you.

Mongo
3/16/2011, 03:57 PM
ya we actually do. were it not for federal legislation, children would still be working in dangerous factories and women wouldn't be allowed to vote.

my god you people are the most callous mother-****ers on the planet and i cant wait to move the **** out of oklahoma to get the hell away from you.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PmxExJ1vXtg/TBBDGvmcxkI/AAAAAAAAAJI/dFkN1txzSmw/s400/wellbye.jpg

Bourbon St Sooner
3/16/2011, 04:03 PM

That right thar is funny. I dunt kar woo yoo r!

Bourbon St Sooner
3/16/2011, 04:04 PM
I got super-wedgied once in 3rd grade. Can we get a federal law to rectify that.

It weren't far!

3rdgensooner
3/16/2011, 04:05 PM
dirty nerdSome might say that.

MamaMia
3/16/2011, 04:09 PM
Can you supply me with a price list of the bedroom activities?

I am sure many o senoritas are willing for a shot at americanized lifestyles. Yall go ahead:D

Its $25.00 extra for dressing up in my sexy senorita outfit. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/shy02.gif

MR2-Sooner86
3/16/2011, 04:16 PM

There something wrong with child labor and only allowing men to vote?

2121Sooner
3/16/2011, 04:21 PM

Alls I can speak to is my own personal experience. I've been employed for the past ~38 years. During this period, anytime a female employee had the same job title and job responsibilities as me she got the same pay as me. sun.

So you make the same as a woman ........too bad

Caboose
3/16/2011, 04:23 PM

Oooohhhhh... Booogey men!

3rdgensooner
3/16/2011, 04:28 PM
Oooohhhhh... Booogey men!Awesome. That will definitely be a quoteworthy post.

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 04:43 PM

Heh My last ex tried to cut me off, Dint work cause she dint know where all i was gettin it ;)

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 04:45 PM

Then why in **** do you stay on this board ?

Mongo
3/16/2011, 04:48 PM
Then why in **** do you stay on this board ?

The warrior god whines like a woman. He should be in the kitchen with Mama and 3G.

No crusts on that sandwich, bitches

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 04:54 PM
It's funny because overt sexism undermines your credibility as a discussant in this thread and enfeebles your brain. win-****ing-win.

Not that there was any doubt this is how the thread would play out. denial and sexism.

bitches be for ****ing! America **** yeah!

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 04:58 PM
It's funny because overt sexism undermines your credibility as a discussant in this thread and enfeebles your brain. win-****ing-win.

Not that there was any doubt this is how the thread would play out. denial and sexism.

Not ALL bitches, some be to dayum Ugly those are used fer cleaning and **** :P

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 04:59 PM
The warrior god whines like a woman. He should be in the kitchen with Mama and 3G.

Yea Gomer is either sidin wit the wimmens or tellin us how great "DADDY" is/was :rolleyes:

Mongo
3/16/2011, 05:00 PM

Your lack of any sense of humour towards the overt sexism that is taking place and your assumption towards others' intelligence is what is funny.

Veritas
3/16/2011, 05:35 PM
Yay, another OUI tard.

MamaMia
3/16/2011, 05:38 PM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/coffee-2.gif Feed the dog, empty the trash and put another log on the fire.

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 05:40 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/coffee-2.gif Feed the dog, empty the trash and put another log on the fire.

Yup and while yer at it get me a beer ;)

Mongo
3/16/2011, 05:41 PM

Yes ma'am

Leroy Lizard
3/16/2011, 05:51 PM
This whole argument is bull-****. Women make far more off their used underwear on Ebay than men. I know, because I had a friend who tried to sell his slightly soiled Haynes on Ebay and didn't make a dime!!!*

* Okay, I made that one up.

C&CDean
3/16/2011, 06:30 PM

Speaking of bitches...

Denial? STFU. The only thing I've seen is a couple of rag-tag huggers parroting their lord and saviour's party line. This whole deal is just one more Obama bull**** ploy to attract some more ignorant female support. Smart females ain't buying his horsecrap cause they're out making => $ than their male counterparts or having children.

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 07:10 PM
You sure know a lot about women.

You're like Mel Gibson in that one movie with Helen Hunt only you're REAL!

C&CDean
3/16/2011, 07:18 PM
You sure know a lot about women.

You're like Mel Gibson in that one movie with Helen Hunt only you're REAL!

I know, right?

Do you have a point? Are you a chick or a dude? Or both?

olevetonahill
3/16/2011, 08:10 PM
I know, right?

Do you have a point? Are you a chick or a dude? Or both?

Bro Its a chick that stereotypes Men but gets pissed when Men stereotype women ;)

C&CDean
3/16/2011, 08:15 PM
Alde has a poon? That would excuse so much of it's rantings.

Aldebaran
3/16/2011, 09:00 PM
Suggesting that anyone who disagrees with your point of view is less manly, or has a vagina is an excellent example of how diseased your minds are with regards to women. Your entire framework for womanhood is based on a negative, lessor status. It disgusts me.