PDA

View Full Version : The power of prayer or . . .

Jacie
3/15/2011, 12:16 PM
. . . how to get the attention of the FBI.

Want to cause some anxiety among your fellow passengers next time you fly? Just start praying. This will cause them to think you know something about what is going to happen in the next few minutes and will probably lead to you making some new friends once you land.

Prayers spark scare on airplane
By Eric Marrapodi, CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

On Sunday, three Orthodox Jewish businessmen triggered fears on a flight from Mexico City to Los Angeles.

Passengers on Alaska Airlines Flight 241 became alarmed when the three men began to pray out loud. "Shortly after takeoff ... three passengers were praying out loud in a language other than Spanish," according to an airline spokeswoman.

"They had something that appeared to the flight attendants to be strapped under their clothing," the spokeswoman said. "The flight attendants alerted the flight deck, who in turn alerted the tower at LAX. Law enforcement met the plane upon arrival."

During weekday prayers, some Orthodox Jewish men wear teflillin, or phylacteries - black leather straps wrapped around the left arm and around the forehead. The straps are connected to small boxes with tiny scrolls containing Jewish scriptures. Many Orthodox Jewish men also wear a prayer shawl called a tallit under their clothes, with knotted fringes at each of the four corners.

The airline spokeswoman said she was unaware if the men were wearing either of these traditional items.

When the planed landed at LAX it was greeted by members of airport police, the FBI and Customs and Border Protection.

According to FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller, the men were questioned and their baggage was searched before they were cleared to go.

StoopTroup
3/15/2011, 12:24 PM
Being thoughtful of others by using silent prayer can help more than likely

2121Sooner
3/15/2011, 12:35 PM
Or they could just ask some people to send out innernet prayers....

Adrian
3/15/2011, 12:37 PM
Well, they can be kind of freaky:

7jp753Xzb1Y

C&CDean
3/15/2011, 12:49 PM
I was in the ****house at Chicago O'Hare last night flying to DC. Anyhow, this dude comes in, rips off a bunch of paper towels, takes his shoes off, stands on the towels, and starts splashing water all over his head. Then he starts washing his hands/arms/face. Then he pulls up his pant legs and starts rubbing water all over his legs/socks. Then he washes his hands again. I'm going "WTF? Over."

Of course dude is standing right in front of the paper towel dispenser blocking it from everybody else. I go over there and rip off a few and bump the back of his head with my elbow. When I walk away I accidently kicked one of his shoes a couple feet away. Dude scowls at me, picks up his shoe, and goes back to washing his head and feet again.

I'm about to alert the airport dudes and then I see he's got an O'Hare airport worker badge on. Guess he's some muslim ****wad washing up to do his prayers? He puts his shoes back on with his wet legs and socks and goes walking out. Made a big-assed scene about it.

As for the Jews, I ain't got no problem with them doing their thing. They don't routinely go about blowing **** up and cutting off people's necks and ****. If I was trying to sleep or something I'd tell them to STFU, but I wouldn't be worried about them in any kind of physical sense.