PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa World

SOONER44EVER
3/15/2011, 11:37 AM
Wow!!

http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/2011/3/15/2051811/open-records-request-provides-insight-into-capels-time-at-ou

badger
3/15/2011, 11:51 AM
Here's the article in question:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110315_92_B1_CUTLIN869589

It sounds like his assistants didn't respect him and that Capel didn't do enough oversight to ensure that they were doing their jobs.

starrca23
3/15/2011, 12:20 PM
Could it be that being from Duke (as others have mentioned) could be part of this problem? At Duke, everyone is happy to be there and happy to work hard to keep the job on Coach K's staff. Capel could have assumed that his assistants would act the same way...which clearly they didn't.

Collier11
3/15/2011, 07:35 PM
Blake isnt happy with the move, it is on ESPN...of course I wouldnt expect him to be

Eielson
3/15/2011, 07:39 PM
Blake isnt happy with the move, it is on ESPN...of course I wouldnt expect him to be

I don't think any of his players are. Davis and Fitzgerald have also spoken out about his firing.

soonerbub
3/15/2011, 07:47 PM
Pledge & Fitz according to the article are upset (understandable) BUT maybe they should have reconsidered their plans the night they decided to go to Dillard's and use the 5 finger discount because those incidents as much as Ws & Ls are why Capel is unemployed

StoopTroup
3/15/2011, 08:38 PM
Unfortunately it's all a bit to little to late more than likely. If they didn't see this coming they were pretty out of touch. I find it hard to believe players wouldn't know the assts wouldn't push to see Jeff go without hearing any of them complain or discuss the way things were being done. If it never came up...it was those guys posturing to take his job. Either way...I'd fire the lot of them too.

badger
3/15/2011, 08:47 PM
I don't think any of his players are. Davis and Fitzgerald have also spoken out about his firing.

I think the football players stormed out of the Regents meeting where John Blake was fired. Food for thought.

Straz1999
3/16/2011, 02:12 AM
I think the football players stormed out of the Regents meeting where John Blake was fired. Food for thought.

This is because they knew now that they were actually going to have to practice.

badger
3/16/2011, 10:29 AM
This is because they knew now that they were actually going to have to practice.

One of the first articles I read on OU football up north when I was in high school was Stoops making players puke at his first practice. The next day, there were garbage cans lining the field so that maintenance staff would have an easier time cleaning up afterward :O