PDA

View Full Version : Does Jenni Carlson have a clue?

soonervegas
3/14/2011, 10:44 PM
She has an article up on newsok.com in which she says, I quote "he didn't need to go to the NCAA tournament regularly to keep his job"

As a longtime OU basketball fan I can assure you he or the next coach absolutely do need to be there regularly....

MsProudSooner
3/15/2011, 07:59 AM
She had a point in that Capel never really connected with the fans but that sentence in her article was pure nonsense.

sooner_born_1960
3/15/2011, 08:13 AM
He, and the next coach have to win games. If they win games, they are in the tournament. So, yes. A stupid statement.

GreenSooner
3/15/2011, 08:18 AM
And to answer the question posed by this thread's title: no.

Next question.

JLEW1818
3/15/2011, 08:23 AM
[hairGel] [hairGel] .

soonerbub
3/15/2011, 08:25 AM
Definitely.

Probably.

Maybe.

What's a clue?

OULenexaman
3/15/2011, 09:01 AM
[hairGel] THAT'S NOT TRUE!!!!!![hairGel]

StoopTroup
3/15/2011, 09:09 AM
She's so cute since the alzheimer's started.

Soonerjeepman
3/15/2011, 09:14 AM
ummm....NO...

GDC
3/15/2011, 09:26 AM
Does Jenni Carlson have a clue?

Term: Rhetorical Question

Definition:
A rhetorical question is one that requires no answer because the answer is obvious and doesn't need to be stated . The speaker (of the rhetorical question) is not looking for an answer but is making some kind of a point, as in an argument.

badger
3/15/2011, 11:21 AM
Oh yeah, loved the part about Pat Jones :stunned:

Just TRY to sing "O Tannenbaum" without thinking Oh-Ten-and-One from now on, Poke fans. Wasn't he endearing to you? Don't you LOVE him for that? :D

Jenni is right that Capel didn't seem to do the public appearances that other OU coaches have. For example, the volleyball coach, Santiago Restrepo, used to give students donuts on the South Oval to get them to come to games... and by golly gee, it actually got students to go to volleyball games :D

Sherri Coale and Bob Stoops are not just coaches with winning, postseason-regular programs, but they are regularly in the community, volunteering with their players with Habitat for Humanity or at the children's hospital.

Capel? I think the media might have had a beef with him because he was more difficult to reach than others at OU traditionally have been. I'm sure people on here have stories of Joe C. personally answering their e-mails. Sherri always gets interviewed at halftime of womens basketball games, regardless of the network, because people know that she will talk. Stoops, while he has no patience for stupid media questions, doesn't totally cut off access to practices and players like some other coaches notoriously have at other programs.

go4eight
3/15/2011, 12:04 PM
Has jenni ever had a clue??I would rather stick bamboo slivers under my nails than read her comments!!Go Sooners!!!!!!!

oumartin
3/15/2011, 01:14 PM
Let me say this about Jenni, I saw her at at thunder game and she has gone from chunky ugly to thin and cute.... I was in total shock.

oumartin
3/15/2011, 01:15 PM
Capel? I think the media might have had a beef with him because he was not as difficult to reach as others at OU traditionally have. .

this really makes no sense. They didn't like him because he was easy to reach?

LiveLaughLove
3/15/2011, 01:23 PM
I listened to a radio show that Capel and Sherri did together earlier in the season.

Sherri was vibrant, upbeat, happy (and they were coming off of a loss), and willing to share stuff of interest.

Capel was dour, downbeat, barely audible at times, and just seemed like a sad sack that didn't want to be there. He offered no insight really beyond coach speak.

Sherri sort of interviewed him for a bit, but then just talked about her team. It was awful. I know she probably didn't WANT to be there either, but she at least gave it an effort. Capel, not so much.

Oh and to the rhetorical question posed by the OP...

OULenexaman
3/15/2011, 01:43 PM
Let me say this about Jenni, I saw her at at thunder game and she has gone from chunky ugly to thin and cute.... I was in total shock. but would you hit it?

badger
3/15/2011, 01:54 PM
this really makes no sense. They didn't like him because he was easy to reach?

sorry, he was NOT easy to reach. i'll edit my original post.

If you're wondering what I mean, consider how often you see in media reports on coaches addressing the media via text or e-mail (or even players or Joe C). Heck, even twitter gets quoted sometimes.

You never, EVER saw that with Capel. He pretty much kept mum when he wasn't required to speak to the media (for the most part, following games at press conferences).

cantwait48
3/15/2011, 05:52 PM
but would you hit it?

heck yes but I woulda hit the fat version too

StoopTroup
3/15/2011, 06:02 PM
heck yes but I woulda hit the fat version too

Not sure you stood a chance.....

http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/jenni-carlson-wedding.jpg

NTTAWWT :D

NickDangerThirdEye
3/15/2011, 06:17 PM
Maybe even more remarkable is that her article today did not contain the words "Truth is" or "Truth be told".

oumartin
3/15/2011, 06:26 PM
but would you hit it?

Dang right