PDA

View Full Version : New Coach For Next Year

Pages : 1 [2]

stoopified
3/31/2011, 09:19 AM
Terry Evans does.True dat...........What happened to all the BIG TIME coaches who were going to JUMP at the OU job after Capel was fired? Are they slow jumpers ? :)

87sooner
3/31/2011, 09:24 AM
True dat...........What happened to all the BIG TIME coaches who were going to JUMP at the OU job after Capel was fired? Are they slow jumpers ? :)

nobody said there would be "big time" coaches jumping at the job.
but you have no idea who is "jumping at the job" do you?
billy gillispie may have jumped at the job but joe c wasn't interested.
buzz may have jumped at the job...but then he made it to the sweet 16.
buzz may have still jumped at the job but joe c didn't want to pay what he wanted.

MelloYello
3/31/2011, 09:27 AM
REHIRE INCAPELBLE!!1!!pi!!2

LiveLaughLove
3/31/2011, 09:36 AM
buzz may have jumped at the job but joe c didn't want to pay what he wanted.

I think the one that got away was bcg. I don't blame Joe for not wanting him but I think he could have been good.

I'm not stressed yet though on the coaches search. Just about any body is an upgrade.

oumartin
3/31/2011, 10:00 AM
Joe c. Better be landing smart or stevens otherwise why not give it to a guy that will put his heart and soul into the program.(evans)

zeptrey
3/31/2011, 10:09 AM
http://newsok.com/uco-basketball-coach-terry-evans-meets-with-sooners/article/3554139?custom_click=lead_story_title
Terry Evans gets his shot with Joe C.

kelloggOUballa
3/31/2011, 10:10 AM
For the Bruce Webber lovers/haters..

Gottlieb just twatted there was no truth to the Bruce Webber to OU rumors.

If I wanted an unreliable source, I would have asked my stapler.

sperry
3/31/2011, 10:10 AM
Why fire Capel in the first place if you aren't going to hire someone who is better than him? Joe C screwed up massively on this whole deal. Gave the guy a huge raise and contract extension and then fire him two years later?

oumartin
3/31/2011, 10:21 AM
Joe c. Is a saint. Ask anyone

BS-JE
3/31/2011, 10:27 AM
If I wanted an unreliable source, I would have asked my stapler.

Lame. Seems like everyone is unreliable. But Gootlieb was right when he said Capel was going to be let go. Oh-well thought it was good info to toss along.

Crimsontothecore
3/31/2011, 10:35 AM
buzz may have still jumped at the job but joe c didn't want to pay what he wanted.

the process was never publicized...
so if you think you know how it went down...you probably don't...
ou is a great job...i have NO doubts there will be a pool of good coaches interested....

This is just one of your quotes from several weeks back when you repeatedly argued that there would be a long line of great coaches wanting the OU job. This quote was your response to me stating what a tough time Joe C. had the last time he hired a bball coach. So don't be saying now that nobody (especially you) said that big time coaches would want the job.

A simple "your right" will suffice:D

87sooner
3/31/2011, 10:38 AM
This is just one of your quotes from several weeks back when you repeatedly argued that there would be a long line of great coaches wanting the U job. This quote was your response to me stating what a tough time Joe C. had the last time he hired a bball coach. So don't be saying now that nobody (especially you) said that big time coaches would want the job.

A simple "your right" will suffice:D

you're wrong...as usual.
"a pool of good coaches interested" does not = "big time coaches jumping at the job"....

and again...don't act like you know who is or is not interested in the job.

stoopified
3/31/2011, 10:47 AM
buzz may have still jumped at the job but joe c didn't want to pay what he wanted.Ehere were you this season? Obviously not around here.All over this board and others we were assured that BIG TIME coaches would jump at this job.

BS-JE
3/31/2011, 10:49 AM
Ehere were you this season? Obviously not around here.All over this board and others we were assured that BIG TIME coaches would jump at this job.

They sound like OSU fans about football :D

87sooner
3/31/2011, 10:49 AM
Ehere were you this season? Obviously not around here.All over this board and others we were assured that BIG TIME coaches would jump at this job.

go back and read the "fire capel" thread and you'll see where i was all season;)

here is the link in case you can't find page 2....

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148036

SoonerMom2
3/31/2011, 11:17 AM
My son called to tell me on the radio they said if Weber had come here that OU planned to hire Evans as the 'coach in waiting' and I say hire him outright and be done with it.

Crimsontothecore
3/31/2011, 11:53 AM
you're wrong...as usual.
"a pool of good coaches interested" does not = "big time coaches jumping at the job"....

and again...don't act like you know who is or is not interested in the job.

lol, I knew I would get some back pedaling on that one.

Ok, let me get this straight. In all those posts where you argued that OU was a very appealing job, you meant that "good" coaches would be interested but not "great" coaches? ok...gotcha.

I am glad to see you got over your addiction to typing the word "crapel" multiple times in every post. I guess the vacation did you some good.

87sooner
3/31/2011, 12:15 PM

Ok, let me get this straight. In all those posts where you argued that OU was a very appealing job, you meant that "good" coaches would be interested but not "great" coaches? ok...gotcha.

I am glad to see you got over your addiction to typing the word "crapel" multiple times in every post. I guess the vacation did you some good.

no backpedaling at all....
it's all right there for you to read...
not once did i say "hire izzo"...
but you'll read gregg marshall's name in many of my posts...
get it?

OU_Sooners75
3/31/2011, 12:37 PM
My son called to tell me on the radio they said if Weber had come here that OU planned to hire Evans as the 'coach in waiting' and I say hire him outright and be done with it.

No offense to your son at all....

But he shouldn't take everything they say on the radio a legit material.

The last people I would listen to about any of this is the people in Radio...Thanks to the internet and TV, Radio has become a listen only in your car facet of life. So they have o say some extreme stuff to get people to listen to them!

SoonerMom2
3/31/2011, 01:01 PM
We will see if Blevins is right about the press conference tomorrow to announce the new coach. That might be a first for Blevins in a long time.

Soonerwake
3/31/2011, 01:39 PM
For the life of me, I can't understand why everyone is assuming that Joe C is "striking out" or that "noone is interested" or that he is on "plan E"... Noone on this board, or ouhoops, or ouinsider, or anywhere else for that matter is privy to who Joe C is targeting, talking to, etc... Just because coaches are signing new contracts, or holding press conferences, or whatever has no indication of what is going on behind the scenes. Let's all get off the ledge and relax. Geesh!!!!!!!!

OU_Sooners75
3/31/2011, 01:58 PM
We will see if Blevins is right about the press conference tomorrow to announce the new coach. That might be a first for Blevins.

FIFY:P

OU_Sooners75
3/31/2011, 01:59 PM
For the life of me, I can't understand why everyone is assuming that Joe C is "striking out" or that "noone is interested" or that he is on "plan E"... Noone on this board, or ouhoops, or ouinsider, or anywhere else for that matter is privy to who Joe C is targeting, talking to, etc... Just because coaches are signing new contracts, or holding press conferences, or whatever has no indication of what is going on behind the scenes. Let's all get off the ledge and relax. Geesh!!!!!!!!

Not exactly sure who is saying that it is for sure...

Hence the reason I mainly say if rumors or reports are true. :P

OU_Sooners75
3/31/2011, 02:20 PM
Some dude at soonerscoop is saying the coach will be Kruger from UNLV...no matter what the reports are saying about Kruger not being interested..

just thought you guys would like to know.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/31/2011, 02:46 PM
But he shouldn't take everything they say on the radio a legit material.

OMG ! ... if we took everything in the Lamestream media as legit, Obummer would be the King and the world would be rejoicing because we are saving the downtrodden of Libya from the evil Gahdaffi (or however you spell his name) and the citizens of the U.S. would be happy and joyous at all the new tax levies that wil be coming down... ;)

OU_Sooners75
3/31/2011, 03:00 PM
OMG ! ... if we took everything in the Lamestream media as legit, Obummer would be the King and the world would be rejoicing because we are saving the downtrodden of Libya from the evil Gahdaffi (or however you spell his name) and the citizens of the U.S. would be happy and joyous at all the new tax levies that wil be coming down... ;)

Always got to be a smartass in the crowd! :P

Mad Dog Madsen
3/31/2011, 03:10 PM

That makes no sense what-so-ever...

LiveLaughLove
3/31/2011, 03:21 PM

Somebodies still a little testy about a certain coach being terminated I think.

OU has (to my knowledge) never hired a "great" name coach. We have hired plenty of "good" name coaches that were great while at OU.

Then there's this last one. Not so much.

The chances are OU will hire a "good" coach. We'll see whether he becomes great or is a flop as time goes on.

I'm fine with Evans or the Illinois guy or whomever we end up getting. It will be a definite upgrade.

Crimsontothecore
3/31/2011, 10:30 PM
Somebodies still a little testy about a certain coach being terminated I think.

OU has (to my knowledge) never hired a "great" name coach. We have hired plenty of "good" name coaches that were great while at OU.

Then there's this last one. Not so much.

The chances are OU will hire a "good" coach. We'll see whether he becomes great or is a flop as time goes on.

I'm fine with Evans or the Illinois guy or whomever we end up getting. It will be a definite upgrade.

Maybe somebody is but I'm not. If my post gave you that impression then your comprehension skills are lacking.

And your also wrong in assuming that ANY coach hired will be an upgrade. That is not something you, I, or anyone else can guarantee at this point. Time will tell.

87sooner
3/31/2011, 10:42 PM
Maybe somebody is but I'm not. If my post gave you that impression then your comprehension skills are lacking.

And your also wrong in assuming that ANY coach hired will be an upgrade. That is not something you, I, or anyone else can guarantee at this point. Time will tell.

joe almost guaranteed it...
until boren opened his mouth.

oumartin
3/31/2011, 10:49 PM
joe almost guaranteed it...
until boren opened his mouth.

huh? explain to me please

87sooner
3/31/2011, 10:57 PM
joe wanted bcg
boren said no

Crimsontothecore
3/31/2011, 11:16 PM
joe wanted bcg
boren said no

And what makes you think that happened? Let me guess, you have a friend who has a friend who has inside info. For someone who is so quick to tell everybody else they don't have a clue you certainly are fast to spread a baseless rumor.

OU_Sooners75
3/31/2011, 11:17 PM
joe wanted bcg
boren said no

And you know this how?

Don't you get on to people for suggesting that they know crap or hinting that they know stuff...by saying they are not privy to inside info or have a clue....

Sometimes you should just STFU.

LiveLaughLove
3/31/2011, 11:20 PM
joe wanted bcg
boren said no

BCG wouldn't wear the leapard print and heels? NTTAWWT

Crimsontothecore
3/31/2011, 11:36 PM
And you know this how?

Don't you get on to people for suggesting that they know crap or hinting that they know stuff...by saying they are not privy to inside info or have a clue....

Sometimes you should just STFU.

I think his mom made him get off the computer and go to bed.

OU_Sooners75
3/31/2011, 11:38 PM
I think his mom made him get off the computer and go to bed.

Yeah, he did take his ball and went home. :mad:

OU_Sooners75
3/31/2011, 11:39 PM
Now lets set Liztard to do the same...hehe

birddog
4/2/2011, 08:07 PM
MMMK. very well-liked coach who has had alot of success at different levels. always thought he a strange scowl but hell, after all these years, he's coaching the SOONERS. Welcome, The Nightmare Man. Glad he's a sooner. maybe not a "hot name" but a dude who'll make rick barnes wish they'd jump ship to the pac 10.

WELCOME COACH!!!

okienole3
3/24/2013, 07:02 PM
I posted before and will again, this guy would do awesome here and wants the job badly. Andy Enfield.

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/enfield_andy00.html

NBA ties, lots of 'em in fact. His wife was a Maxim model from Mustang. They would love living here.

He's already pretty rich, so money isn;t the biggest factor for him. He is a very very intelligent fundamentals, and x's and o's guy (something thats been missing for 5 years now).

Our free throw precentages alone would keep us in most games, since he is a free throw shooting coach for NBA players, and is a freak about it. See FSUs precentages before Andy and after.

I know he probably wont even get a smell, but if someone on here knows Joe, do us a favor and have him at least interview Andy.

Good call.

Blue
3/25/2013, 04:53 PM
Very good call!

Can we still get him?