PDA

View Full Version : Nuclear Protests in Germany

StoopTroup
3/13/2011, 08:31 AM
OK Homey...I'm with you on building Nuke Plants and working to make sure they are safe from harming the masses but your people are out of control my friend. Could you Facebook them and tell them to stifle themselves? It's not like they are going to be required to eat the waste. We are probably going to bury it in inner cities like Detroit.

TIA. :D

jumperstop
3/13/2011, 11:39 AM
This is because of the Japan stuff? If they are protesting in Germany, people here's perception of nuclear power is probably ****ed. It's cheaper and cleaner, the safety concerns are bad, but Japan is nowhere close to accidents like Chernobyl. They may have to shut down the plant forever, but even in this worst case scenario it hasn't breached containment

StoopTroup
3/13/2011, 11:53 AM
3 mile Island is still as close as we've ever gotten to a meltdown. We learned a lot from that one. Some learned that we can act quick to fix problems where others took the position of "We knew those bastards were lying about it being safe!". You just don't ever make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. We know what we are doing better than anyone else in the World. We can handle it IMO and years from now...maybe we will find a better way to deal with the waste and even find a better way to produce electricity than Nuclear Power.

Yeah some in Germany are using Japan as a way to try and screw with Nuclear Energy.

SouthCarolinaSooner
3/13/2011, 01:01 PM
3 mile Island is still as close as we've ever gotten to a meltdown. We learned a lot from that one. Some learned that we can act quick to fix problems where others took the position of "We knew those bastards were lying about it being safe!". You just don't ever make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. We know what we are doing better than anyone else in the World. We can handle it IMO and years from now...maybe we will find a better way to deal with the waste and even find a better way to produce electricity than Nuclear Power.

Yeah some in Germany are using Japan as a way to try and screw with Nuclear Energy.
If I remember correctly, 3 Mile Island's containment or shutdown procedure went well exactly how it was supposed to so any leak was stopped...just the idea of nuclear meltdown scared everyone ****less.

HBick
3/13/2011, 02:10 PM
I ran into a couple of geologists last night at Louie's Too. Two professors, one T.A. and three students and they were talking about the earthquakes, and one of them even claimed that Cali is due for a big earthquake in the next two weeks.

Long story short, Pacific Plate is moving to fast because the magnetic poles are reversing.

3 plants in Cali, 3 more for research purposes in Cali.

Geologists are an odd breed to say the least, but I hope they're wrong. A major earthquake in California would bankrupt the country

SouthCarolinaSooner
3/13/2011, 03:56 PM
I ran into a couple of geologists last night at Louie's Too. Two professors, one T.A. and three students and they were talking about the earthquakes, and one of them even claimed that Cali is due for a big earthquake in the next two weeks.

Long story short, Pacific Plate is moving to fast because the magnetic poles are reversing.

3 plants in Cali, 3 more for research purposes in Cali.

Geologists are an odd breed to say the least, but I hope they're wrong. A major earthquake in California would bankrupt the country
I'm not great on physics or electronics, but wouldn't such a reversal render the electronic grid obsolete as well as destroying all computers?

StoopTroup
3/13/2011, 03:59 PM
Extreme positions always seem to get lots of talk after incidents like that. The magnetic Poll shift theory has been a prediction I've heard about for a few years now. It's all stuff we can't do to much about or even prepare for.

If you listen to Astronomers.... 99942 Apophis is going to doom us way before the rest of this anyway.

With that kind of outlook....Global warming or cooling or worrying about pollution or ecology...seems pretty silly.

I'm gonna go steal a Bugati and have some fun....

http://www.thesupercars.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/bugatti-veyron1-revise.jpg

SouthCarolinaSooner
3/13/2011, 04:04 PM
Extreme positions always seem to get lots of talk after incidents like that. The magnetic Poll shift theory has been a prediction I've heard about for a few years now. It's all stuff we can't do to much about or even prepare for.

If you listen to Astronomers.... 99942 Apophis is going to doom us way before the rest of this anyway.

With that kind of outlook....Global warming or cooling or worrying about pollution or ecology...seems pretty silly.

I'm gonna go steal a Bugati and have some fun....

http://www.thesupercars.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/bugatti-veyron1-revise.jpg
It is supposedly "overdue", just like the Yellowstone Caldera and Charleston slipping into the sea :P