PDA

View Full Version : I'm Kind Of Drunk

OUthunder
3/12/2011, 07:08 PM
So don't hold any of my posts against me. Just smoked a Padron Anniversarion 1926 maduro and had some Bacard 8.

Damn nice day for a cigar and a drink.

Carry on.

Flagstaffsooner
3/12/2011, 07:14 PM
You drinK?:eek:

sooner59
3/12/2011, 07:15 PM
So don't hold any of my posts against me. Just smoked a Padron Anniversarion 1926 maduro and had some Bacard 8.

Carry on.

I hold this post against you. :D

SicEmBaylor
3/12/2011, 07:16 PM
Kind of drunk? Don't half-assed do it, go get yourself properly liquored up.

SicEmBaylor
3/12/2011, 07:17 PM

Carry on.

You had me at Padron.

StoopTroup
3/12/2011, 07:17 PM
Nice combo Phunder

Flagstaffsooner
3/12/2011, 07:19 PM
Natty and a Pall Mall here.:O

OUthunder
3/12/2011, 07:19 PM
Usually Padrons aren't very strong to me, but the 1st half was powerful. Mix it with straight 8 year old rum, and life is good like my kiddies. I'd keep on going if I didn't have three kids and parenting to do.

Damn wife need to get off the piano and mother them youngens.

SicEmBaylor
3/12/2011, 07:25 PM
Usually Padrons aren't very strong to me, but the 1st half got me higher than a kite. Mix it with straight 8 year old rum, and Thunder is lit. I'd keep on going if I didn't have three kids and parenting to do.

Despite all the cigars I've had and enjoyed over the years, I just cannot handle full-bodied cigars. They always make me feel like death would be a comfort. Mild and the occasional medium-bodied sticks are my limit.

StoopTroup
3/12/2011, 07:26 PM
Despite all the men I've had and enjoyed over the years, I just cannot handle full-bodied men. They always make me feel like death would be a comfort. Mild and the occasional medium-bodied guys are my limit.

Very interesting.

SicEmBaylor
3/12/2011, 07:28 PM
Very interesting.

The full-bodied rip me in half.

Rip. Me. In. Half.

OUthunder
3/12/2011, 07:28 PM
Despite all the cigars I've had and enjoyed over the years, I just cannot handle full-bodied cigars. They always make me feel like death would be a comfort. Mild and the occasional medium-bodied sticks are my limit.

I have some Cuban Bolivars that would kill you then. I only smoke those when I'm already lit and scotch is the drink of choice. Better than wacky tobaccy.

SicEmBaylor
3/12/2011, 07:30 PM
I have some Cuban Bolivars that would kill you then. I only smoke those when I'm already lit and scotch is the drink of choice. Better than wacky tobaccy.

If I bucked up in the weight department, I think I could handle them a lot better.

StoopTroup
3/12/2011, 07:31 PM
I bought a box of short stories on the way Home from the Big XII CG. I've had them in the humidor ever since.

I love the Padron anniverarios...and I've had the shorts before but i never let them sit for awhile. I'm interested in checking one out.

OUthunder
3/12/2011, 07:33 PM
Sicem- I remember my 1st Cuban Bolivar. I believe it was a Belicoso. The wife and I were on vacation in Cancun, I was laying on the beach getting my drunk on, and I took a few puffs and thought, this is legalized marijuana. It was such a strong, flavorful cigar, it became my signature smoke.

Of course, before 911 happened, it was easy to smuggle them back into the states. Now, the wife and I have to get rather creative. At $20 per stick, those babies are making it home one way or another.

OUthunder
3/12/2011, 07:35 PM
I bought a box of short stories on the way Home from the Big XII CG. I've had them in the humidor ever since.

I love the Padron anniverarios...and I've had the shorts before but i never let them sit for awhile. I'm interested in checking one out.

Stoop, I like the short stories OK, but every December, Arturo Fuente releases the Short Story in a maduro wrapper. Those babies are pure awesomeness. Sweet and powerful little powerhouses.

I think I have two left. I'll save you one and give it to you at the next tailgate.

MR2-Sooner86
3/12/2011, 07:36 PM
Natty and a Pall Mall here.:O

Cheap *** :D

Tailwind
3/12/2011, 07:37 PM
Nursing a JB shot, trying to get a tooth drunk. It isn't working.

Tailwind
3/12/2011, 07:42 PM
Guess I'm gonna have to. :D

Veritas
3/12/2011, 08:33 PM
Too under the weather to smoke, but I'm enjoying a Lagavulin 12.

Mjcpr
3/12/2011, 08:34 PM
Too under the weather to smoke, but I'm enjoying a Lagavulin 12.

The **** is that, Richie Rich? :D

Jammin'
3/12/2011, 08:37 PM
Dogfish Head's 60 Min IPA here. Wish it was the 90 Min but not much to bitch about.

silverwheels
3/12/2011, 08:39 PM
I'm drinking come Chimay Grande Reserve in celebration, even though I have to be up at 5 tomorrow to go to work. **** it, man. Winning.

SicEmBaylor
3/12/2011, 08:39 PM
I've put some thought into how to smuggle cigars into the country.

Is it possible to take a box of Dominicans or something, remove every band from the cigar, and replace the cuban bands with the Dominican (or whatever) and put them into the Dominican (or whatever) box?

Flagstaffsooner
3/12/2011, 08:42 PM
Make it a double girlfriend!
Dont encourage her. She has trouble with stairs.:rolleyes:

Veritas
3/12/2011, 08:43 PM
It's a very pleasant little dram from one of Islay's big three. The peat is less refined than the 16 year old expression and it shows its youthfulness in a crispness that is not present in more mature bottlings.

Oh, wait. You were making fun of me. :D ;)

Mjcpr
3/12/2011, 08:44 PM

I'll bet.

Jammin'
3/12/2011, 08:46 PM
I'm drinking come Chimay Grande Reserve in celebration, even though I have to be up at 5 tomorrow to go to work. **** it, man. Winning.

I've got a large bottle of that as well in the beer fridge. As this is day 1 of my vacation, I may join on that once the kids are down.

SicEmBaylor
3/12/2011, 08:50 PM
I'll bet.

You would win that bet.

Veritas
3/12/2011, 08:52 PM
Since we're talking about my favorite subject, booze, does anybody here like sake? I'd never had it before and tried some while in Denver a couple of weeks ago.

I would liken it to taking cheap vodka, adding dishwater, filtering it through a dirty jockstrap, and then throwing it in the microwave for 30 seconds.

Boarder
3/12/2011, 08:54 PM

Is it possible to take a box of Dominicans or something, remove every band from the cigar, and replace the cuban bands with the Dominican (or whatever) and put them into the Dominican (or whatever) box?
There are people in Europe who do that and send them here. Or so I've been told.

silverwheels
3/12/2011, 08:55 PM
I've got a large bottle of that as well in the beer fridge. As this is day 1 of my vacation, I may join on that once the kids are down.

Hell yeah.

Mongo
3/12/2011, 08:56 PM

go have a clamato and bud light. fag

Veritas
3/12/2011, 08:58 PM
go have a clamato and bud light. fag
"When I miss your lips, I'll put a fag in my mouth and think of you."

OUthunder
3/12/2011, 09:03 PM
Since we're talking about my favorite subject, booze, does anybody here like sake? I'd never had it before and tried some while in Denver a couple of weeks ago.

I would liken it to taking cheap vodka, adding dishwater, filtering it through a dirty jockstrap, and then throwing it in the microwave for 30 seconds.

You weren't drinking the good stuff. It's pretty good IMO, but it has to be slightly above room temp to be any good.

Just my .02.

OUthunder
3/12/2011, 09:04 PM
There are people in Europe who do that and send them here. Or so I've been told.

Yes, and they reband them with legal smoke bands that you can get in the usa.

Veritas
3/12/2011, 09:05 PM
You weren't drinking the good stuff. It's pretty good IMO, but it has to be slightly above room temp to be any good.

Just my .02.
Yeah, that's what someone else said. Bastard waiter must have given me cheap **** and told me it was the good stuff, cuz I told him to bring us the best.

That or I just have no taste. :)

Flagstaffsooner
3/12/2011, 09:07 PM
Vintage 2011 sake will glow in the dark.:D

OUthunder
3/12/2011, 09:08 PM
Yeah, that's what someone else said. Bastard waiter must have given me cheap **** and told me it was the good stuff, cuz I told him to bring us the best.

That or I just have no taste. :)

Funny. I was drinking my third shot of sake and began to eat. It got cold and was undrinkable. Had to be something to it from a temp standpoint.

I wouldn't make it an everyday drink, but on occasion, the good stuff is tolerable.

SicEmBaylor
3/12/2011, 09:10 PM
Yes, and they reband them with legal smoke bands that you can get in the usa.

I would bet that US Customs knows what's going on when you bring back a few box of "non-cuban" cigars from abroad. But, I don't see how they could possibly prove that a cuban cigar is, in fact, a cuban cigar. It must be about what you can prove not what you suspect.

Veritas
3/12/2011, 09:10 PM
Funny. I was drinking my third shot of sake and began to eat. It got cold and was undrinkable. Had to be something to it from a temp standpoint.

I wouldn't make it an everyday drink, but on occasion, the good stuff is tolerable.
I've got a buddy married to a Japanese girl; he said we'd go out with them and make sure it was good stuff.

My problem is that I always kinda go "why would I drink this when I could drink whisky?"

Mongo
3/12/2011, 09:14 PM
get the bar tender/waiter to add some Chambord to the sake. it takes the rubbing alcohol edge off of it

Mjcpr
3/12/2011, 09:15 PM
But, I don't see how they could possibly prove that a cuban cigar is, in fact, a cuban cigar. It must be about what you can prove not what you suspect.

Then wtf is the big deal about a Cuban stogie?

Veritas
3/12/2011, 09:16 PM
If you hollow it out and fill it with hydro, it's double bonus points?

I got nuthin.

btk108
3/12/2011, 09:45 PM

You know what beats roses on the piano?

SicEmBaylor
3/12/2011, 10:26 PM

Because the only way to tell a Cuban cigar is to smoke one and have a palette developed enough to appreciate the difference. I doubt any customs people are going to light up one of the cigars in order to tell the difference.

Collier11
3/12/2011, 10:29 PM
Im drunk tonight and it feels so good

btk108
3/12/2011, 10:36 PM
Im drunk tonight and it feels so good

Stop doing that....the g/f may walk in on you

Spray
3/12/2011, 10:36 PM
I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison...

btk108
3/12/2011, 10:37 PM
and I went to pick her up in the rain

Mjcpr
3/12/2011, 10:39 PM
Because the only way to tell a Cuban cigar is to smoke one and have a palette developed enough to appreciate the difference.

LOL Come on. You could tell the difference?

I am a ****ing expert beer drinker but if you put me in a blind taste test, I bet I couldn't tell one from the other unless you gave me a bunch of weird *** German beer or something.

I guess you've smoked a lot of of stogies in your time. Or, I'm just a hillbilly cretin....which is entirely possible.

Collier11
3/12/2011, 10:39 PM
Hey carl, open up

btk108
3/12/2011, 10:40 PM
C11..you must have mistaken me for STEP

btk108
3/12/2011, 10:41 PM
Scott...pokeher....hideout

SicEmBaylor
3/12/2011, 10:47 PM
LOL Come on. You could tell the difference?

I am a ****ing expert beer drinker but if you put me in a blind taste test, I bet I couldn't tell one from the other unless you gave me a bunch of weird *** German beer or something.

I guess you've smoked a lot of of stogies in your time. Or, I'm just a hillbilly cretin....which is entirely possible.

I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference, but I'm not an expert. I can tell the difference between the leafs used to construct the cigar. For example, I can tell the difference between a cigar wrapped with Connecticut broadleaf or something from Honduras. I can tell if a cigar has a good blend of long filler or some ****ty combo of cut leaf.

But I probably can't do a blind taste test with a good quality cuban and a comparable non-cuban cigar. However, I can tell the difference between a good Cuban and ****ty non-cuban.

Collier11
3/12/2011, 10:48 PM
too drunk, cant see straight.

btk108
3/12/2011, 10:49 PM
good..we'll take your money

Spray
3/12/2011, 10:53 PM
I'm totally taking Collier;s money in fantasy baseball this year.

You know its $300 to play this year, right Collier?

Flagstaffsooner
3/12/2011, 10:56 PM
Good poker game at the Posse.

StoopTroup
3/12/2011, 11:33 PM
I'm all in