PDA

View Full Version : Would you convict the father?

CowboyMRW
3/11/2011, 11:19 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/08/father-says-murder-5-year-olds-killer/

What kind of world is this. Thumbs up for him

Blue
3/11/2011, 11:24 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/08/father-says-murder-5-year-olds-killer/

What kind of world is this. Thumbs up for him

After he kills the guy? Yes.

Would I blame him? No.

sooner59
3/12/2011, 12:47 AM
After he kills the guy? Yes.

Would I blame him? No.

Same here. I don't blame the guy. As long as he realizes that it will land him in prison and have to face the music, then if he wants to accept responsibility for it, I'd tell him good luck and probably shake his hand afterward.

Spring
3/12/2011, 12:59 AM
It would be a justified killing..Jury nullification can be a good thing.

sooner59
3/12/2011, 01:05 AM
I think you could be young and stupid and kill someone and find your way and realize what you have done and have it haunt you into searching for God and forgiveness. Those people could eventually become decent citizens....maybe. There is NO WAY some freak who kills someone and eats their flesh should be released to the public. I would HOPE they get taken out upon release. I don't want them near my family.

StoopTroup
3/12/2011, 01:18 AM
Not sure he should have said he'd kill the guy.

sooner59
3/12/2011, 01:20 AM
You're right. No need to warn people. Might make it more difficult.

bonkuba
3/12/2011, 01:21 AM
I would kill him no question......don't care about the consequences. I would probably start by using a dull knife to cut off each nut.....then maybe ice-pick the wound.......and that's just for starters.

Slow his death would be......and very painful.

StoopTroup
3/12/2011, 01:23 AM
He's made it premeditated now and more difficult to let him go.

bonkuba
3/12/2011, 01:26 AM
True...... I probably would not have spouted off.....just kill him.

sooner59
3/12/2011, 01:26 AM
They should just send his *** to Bolivia....like for realz.

Leroy Lizard
3/12/2011, 01:33 AM
He's probably making the threat so that the guy isn't released. But if not, then I would probably not convict him. Reason? I cannot in good moral conscience convict someone for an offense I would have done myself. At least not for something this serious.

sooner59
3/12/2011, 01:36 AM
Let's just put it this way...

If it came down to me as the last jury member to decide his fate....I'd buy him dinner after he was free to leave after the verdict.

SoonerKnight
3/12/2011, 02:37 AM
Funny thing is not many jurors would convict him. I would not. First of all the man did not get justice as the killer was only convicted of 2nd degree murder. This is wrong. He ate the kid after he killed him. He should never get out of prison and he should have been convicted of first degree murder and he should have been given the death penalty. If this had happened in Oklahoma anyone gonna say that he would have gotten out alive?

SoonerKnight
3/12/2011, 02:41 AM
He's made it premeditated now and more difficult to let him go.

Insanity he has had many years for this to fester!! :D

Also, the killer wrote about the killing. He is a sociopath and will kill again if released. These type of killers write or video (record) their actions to later re-live the thrill in their head at a later time. This guy should have been executed for this crime.

Flagstaffsooner
3/12/2011, 03:24 AM
They should just send his *** to Bolivia....like for realz.Or OV's shack, people disappear in those hills all the time.

sooner59
3/12/2011, 03:35 AM
Vet's hills have eyes...

Leroy Lizard
3/12/2011, 03:37 AM
Woodmansee pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in 1983 and was sentenced to 40 years in jail. This was part of a plea bargain meant to spare the Foreman family from hearing the details of their son's death.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/08/father-says-murder-5-year-olds-killer/#ixzz1GN9c3fCW

So they don't know the details about their son's death, right?

AlbqSooner
3/12/2011, 07:52 AM
They did not at the time.

Veritas
3/12/2011, 07:55 AM
Somebody needs to get rid of that scumbag.

stoopified
3/12/2011, 08:43 AM
I would help the father if I had the chance.WTF is up with this killer getting out 12 years early? Forty years was too little anyhow.

Spray
3/12/2011, 10:03 AM
Bunch a vigilantes here...

Slippery slope being proposed.

StoopTroup
3/12/2011, 10:06 AM
We F'ing Hillbillies Bro. What did you expect?

Spray
3/12/2011, 10:07 AM
Frontier justice. Time to clean up this town.

PhiDeltBeers
3/12/2011, 10:21 AM
Get a rope.

StoopTroup
3/12/2011, 10:32 AM
yeeHAw! pISTOLS FiR.....SCREW THAT! WHERE'S MY SHOTGUN! :D

Collier11
3/12/2011, 10:42 AM
Make it painful

XingTheRubicon
3/12/2011, 10:53 AM
paging Dexter

Penguin
3/12/2011, 12:58 PM
If he had never said anything, he could have gotten voluntary manslaughter and gotten maybe 3-5 years, which really means ~18 months then parole. Now, he'd be eligible for 1st degree murder.

Moral of story: never talk to the media.

Jacie
3/12/2011, 01:28 PM
Funny thing is not many jurors would convict him. I would not.

Before I say anything else, I am responding to a purely hypothetical situation.

If a man, who already stated he would kill another man, does so, is charged with premeditated murder and tried for that killing, and the prosecutor can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the state is trying the man who committed the crime, then . . .
a jury would have no choice but to convict him.

Judges can overturn the results of a jury that fails in its duty to consider only the evidence.

For such a case to be considered justifiable homicide, the definition is pretty narrow and must fall under while acting in self-defence.

sooner59
3/12/2011, 01:33 PM
He could just say the guy tried to eat him. He does have a track record of that.

OUthunder
3/12/2011, 01:56 PM
I'd probably do the same thing. Child predators/killers should never see the light of day again.

Just my .02 as a father of three.

MR2-Sooner86
3/12/2011, 01:59 PM
First, I doubt the killer will be free because he's not all there. I know, of course he's not all there because he killed somebody but even more so. This guy was 16 at the time and ate the child. I don't know about the rest of you but I didn't think about killing children and eating them when I was 16. (was thinking about eating something else)

Anyway, if you're killing at 16 you've had a rough life and it's usually crime related such as robbery or drugs. Being 16 and killing somebody, especially a young child, so you can eat them? Yeah, there's something definatly wrong with the person that either has been their all along or their childhood had to be very, very, very bad.

As for the guy, he's an idiot. If you go and scream from the hills you're going to do something and get caught, you deserve what you get. The whole things just screams "attention whore" to me. If you REALLY wanted to do it, it's not that hard to stalk somebody, find out their habbits, when they're alone, make something look like an accident, lie about you "forgiving him" for the murder to the press and courts, and then learn to calm yourself when they give you the polygraph. Not that I know anything about that.

pphilfran
3/12/2011, 02:15 PM
All I can say if the guy said he was going to kill the guy when he gets out of jail...he won't want me on the jury...

HBick
3/12/2011, 03:02 PM
I'm surprised the guy survived prison. I thought those who went after children were considered the lowest of the low.

HBick
3/12/2011, 03:04 PM
All I can say if the guy said he was going to kill the guy when he gets out of jail...he won't want me on the jury...

Luckily for the defense (in this scenario) the majority of Americans are concerned with whose getting kicked off survivor/american idol or if Snooki got punched in the face. They can't be bothered to worry about actual things bothering our country

Soonerfan88
3/12/2011, 06:27 PM
I'm surprised the guy survived prison. I thought those who went after children were considered the lowest of the low.

Maybe they are just waiting until right before he is released. Let him do his time before taking him out.

Leroy Lizard
3/12/2011, 06:31 PM
Maybe they are just waiting until right before he is released. Let him do his time before taking him out.

I think this prison justice is largely a myth. Too many crazies have served their time with no vengeance exacted on them.

yermom
3/12/2011, 07:59 PM
i thought it said he wasn't in the general population?

anyway, now he just needs to say someone else heard him talking about it and did it before he could :D

SouthCarolinaSooner
3/12/2011, 08:42 PM
How is this guy getting out of prison? Shouldn't he be committed to a frikin institution for the cannibalism alone?

Leroy Lizard
3/12/2011, 09:21 PM
How is this guy getting out of prison? Shouldn't he be committed to a frikin institution for the cannibalism alone?

That would be c-r-u-e-l.

SouthCarolinaSooner
3/12/2011, 09:38 PM
That would be c-r-u-e-l.
Pretty sure you could exercise within your own cell if you want as well as having a pillow or blanket as well as wear clothing. If you want to bring that up again, theres now a Justice Department spokesperson calling Manning's treatment "ridiculous and counterproductive and stupid."