PDA

View Full Version : SEC! SEC! SEC!

Scott D
3/11/2011, 04:31 PM
Really is anyone surprised? Anyone? *crickets*

Four Auburn football players arrested

ESPN.com news services

Four Auburn football players have been kicked off the team after being arrested and charged with robbery, burglary and theft.

Mike McNeil, Antonio Goodwin, Shaun Kitchens and Dakota Mosley were all arrested early Friday morning in Auburn, Ala. Auburn police said that three black men entered a house about three miles from campus and one displayed a handgun. Police said they stole property.

After a motor vehicle stop, the four were arrested and a pistol and stolen property were recovered, according to Auburn police. Mosley is white.

The four players were charged with five counts of first-degree robbery, one count of first-degree burglary, which are both felonies, and one count of third-degree theft. All four were being held in the Lee County Detention Center on $511,000 bail.

Later Friday, Auburn coach Gene Chizik issued a statement saying all four players were thrown off the team.

"The players arrested in connection with this deeply troubling incident have been permanently dismissed from our football team," Chizik said in a statement. "While we realize the legal process will run its course and these young men have a right for their case to be heard, playing for Auburn University is an honor and a privilege. It is not a right."

Auburn athletics director Jay Jacobs said in a statement: "This type of behavior will not be tolerated at Auburn. I fully support Coach Chizik's swift and decisive action to dismiss these four student-athletes from our football team effective immediately."

Goodwin, Kitchens and Mosley were all part of No. 4-ranked 2010 signing class. Mosley redshirted last season. Goodwin and Kitchens played primarily on special teams.

McNeil, a rising senior, led Auburn with 14 tackles in BCS title game. He was expected to return to anchor the Tigers' secondary next season.

"I am extremely disappointed and embarrassed by the actions of these individuals," Chizik said in a statement. "I want to personally apologize to all of those who were impacted by this senseless act, including the victims, Auburn University and the Auburn family."

BoulderSooner79
3/11/2011, 04:39 PM
Actually, I am surprised. Robbery that includes a gun is not your typical trouble we see from athletes at any school.

Scott D
3/11/2011, 04:40 PM
unless you are at Auburn or Tennessee

BoulderSooner79
3/11/2011, 04:51 PM
I'll always be surprised when young people with clear options in life choose to flush them in this manner.

JLEW1818
3/11/2011, 04:52 PM
good parents i bet

TUSooner
3/11/2011, 05:04 PM
Actually, I am surprised. Robbery that includes a gun is not your typical trouble we see from athletes at any school.
I'll always be surprised when young people with clear options in life choose to flush them in this manner.

+2

When the culture glorifies thugs and badasses, is it any wonder that young
idiots do this kind of stuff?

"The wicked freely strut about when what is vile is honored among men."
Ps. 12:8

And get out of my yard! :D :O

PS - Coulda easily been Cam Newton, IMHO. I'm pretty sure he's cut from the same bolt of cloth as the 4 idgits who got busted.

Tigeman
3/11/2011, 05:38 PM
The sad part is Mosely supposedly comes from a very wealthy family. Guess it's the company you keep.

XingTheRubicon
3/11/2011, 05:58 PM
Too bad they didn't sign with a school that forgives B & E.

<cough> ced <cough>

budbarrybob
3/11/2011, 06:13 PM
So uh... who are we going to blame for the kids doing this? :rolleyes:

:pop:

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 06:23 PM
They were hunting twinkies and could only find Snoballs?

Lout
3/11/2011, 06:48 PM
The sad part is Mosely supposedly comes from a very wealthy family. Guess it's the company you keep.

Because wealthy people are never crooks who resort to the most underhanded of tactics to get what they want? Jesus.

SoonerinSouthlake
3/11/2011, 09:26 PM
unless you are at Auburn or Tennessee

or Buster Rhymes
just sayin
sorry

XingTheRubicon
3/11/2011, 09:31 PM
Because wealthy people are never crooks who resort to the most underhanded of tactics to get what they want? Jesus.

Crooks are generally pieces of **** from poor backgrounds. Go to a prison and ask them what grey poupon is.

Scott D
3/11/2011, 10:26 PM
Crooks are generally pieces of **** from poor backgrounds. Go to a prison and ask them what grey poupon is.

Bernie Madoff said it was for poor people.

Sabanball
3/14/2011, 10:37 AM
These are the kind of problems you're going to have when Trooper Taylor is on your staff.

Widescreen
3/14/2011, 11:43 AM
PS - Coulda easily been Cam Newton, IMHO. I'm pretty sure he's cut from the same bolt of cloth as the 4 idgits who got busted.

no way. His dad is a "minister".

Leroy Lizard
3/14/2011, 12:10 PM

Well, he already did steal a laptop.

85sooners
3/15/2011, 04:31 AM
Sec is trashy

PalmBeachSooner
3/15/2011, 12:52 PM
You'd think with that SEC speed they should have gotten away.

BigJerm7
3/15/2011, 06:24 PM
They were just kidding.

LSUdeek
3/16/2011, 01:19 PM
Dakota:
http://papasmoustache.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/dabloata-mosley.jpg

Leroy Lizard
3/16/2011, 02:14 PM
Tell us more.

Bourbon St Sooner
3/16/2011, 03:55 PM
You'd think with that SEC speed they should have gotten away.

I heard they cleared a big screen tv, a surround sound system, all the jewelry in the house and extracted the gold teeth from the owner in 4.2 secs. That's how it was obvious they were SEC football players.

Sabanball
3/16/2011, 10:32 PM
I am lovin' all this SEC hate!;)

JRAM
3/17/2011, 05:36 PM
The country/NCAA needs to face facts. THE SEC IS NOTHING MORE THAN A LEAGUE WHERE THE PLAYERS ARE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR. THE SCHOOLS CHEAT AT EVERY TURN AND THE NCAA DOES NOTHING ABOUT IT. SOMEDAY THE NCAA WILL HAVE TO FACE UP TO THE PROBLEM THAT IS THE SEC AND GIVE IT A BEAT DOWN.

Leroy Lizard
3/17/2011, 05:40 PM
Did everyone hear that?

C&CDean
3/17/2011, 05:54 PM
The country/NCAA needs to face facts. THE SEC IS NOTHING MORE THAN A LEAGUE WHERE THE PLAYERS ARE BOUGHT AND PAID FOR. THE SCHOOLS CHEAT AT EVERY TURN AND THE NCAA DOES NOTHING ABOUT IT. SOMEDAY THE NCAA WILL HAVE TO FACE UP TO THE PROBLEM THAT IS THE SEC AND GIVE IT A BEAT DOWN.

Jeez. You sound just like SEC people when they were railing against Switzer - except that what you say it true, and they were lying, toothless goobers.