PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami Videos (mad boat skills)

MR2-Sooner86
3/11/2011, 02:32 PM
Been watching videos of the tsunami and some of it is just amazing yet sad at the same time.

This fishing boat looks like it's about to turn over yet the captain shows some mad skills. He has the engine at WFO, turns the thing around, and probably saved his crew.

EzDW6YvTHPk&feature

This one has several houses burning while riding the wave. As the wave hits this town you can see this one car hauling it away from the town and the wave.

RS6fAZvVnQo&feature

An oil refinery on fire.

cZYT6BjfBro&feature

This shows an airport and there are people stuck on the roof watching as the waves take out everything and they're trapped.

GyUuypZ3m-A&feature

This is a whirlpool that you can see a yacht trapped in it which gives you a perspective of just how big it is.

VrzJJ_6brMs&feature

Here you can see the actual waves coming in from the ocean and hitting the coast.

Z12IGmNz464

If anybody else finds any other videos post them up in here.

Breadburner
3/11/2011, 03:06 PM
Did you notice the truck turning around in the second video after the car hauled *** passed them....They ****ed themselves.....

Lott's Bandana
3/11/2011, 03:12 PM
The first part of the boat saga was the skipper trying to get the engine running...it looked like he may have been anchored, causing the big list but keeping the vessel from being swept away.

Once it fired up, he got underway and rode it out, belching black smoke from the emergency start-up.

Quite an impressive display of seamanship, that. Nautical Spek

C&CDean
3/11/2011, 03:22 PM
The first part of the boat saga was the skipper trying to get the engine running...it looked like he may have been anchored, causing the big list but keeping the vessel from being swept away.

Once it fired up, he got underway and rode it out, belching black smoke from the emergency start-up.

Quite an impressive display of seamanship, that. Nautical Spek

WTF would you know about it?:texan:

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 03:26 PM
Lott is Captain of the Love Boat

sappstuf
3/11/2011, 03:27 PM
WTF would you know about it?:texan:

He plays a lot with his dinghy??

jumperstop
3/11/2011, 03:29 PM
Those videos are scary impressive. Makes me glad we don't have tsunamis.

Lott's Bandana
3/11/2011, 03:30 PM
He plays a lot with his dinghy??

I actually own a racing dinghy, as oxymoronic as it sounds.

KuppiKunta
3/11/2011, 04:24 PM
I actually own a racing dinghy, as oxymoronic as it sounds.

Having a fast dinghy is nothing to brag about....condolences to the mate.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 04:32 PM
Sendi Airport in the 4th video is around 200 miles north of Tokyo on the east coast of Japan i believe.

MsProudSooner
3/11/2011, 04:39 PM
How much time was there between the earthquake & the tsunami?

KantoSooner
3/11/2011, 04:43 PM
I've been getting reports from my daughter who's in Tokyo (not Sendai, thankfully). She said it was pretty intense even in Tokyo, 230 miles SW of the epicenter. Damage is widespread even in Tokyo with glass on the streets in a lot of neighborhoods and fires in some places.
There are a lot of places there that have poor foundations due to landfilling over the centuries.
This is going to impact Japan for several years to come.

sappstuf
3/11/2011, 05:16 PM
-xOzYRdEPBE

sappstuf
3/11/2011, 05:19 PM
4coi8rgULZ4

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 05:25 PM
I've been getting reports from my daughter who's in Tokyo (not Sendai, thankfully). She said it was pretty intense even in Tokyo, 230 miles SW of the epicenter. Damage is widespread even in Tokyo with glass on the streets in a lot of neighborhoods and fires in some places.
There are a lot of places there that have poor foundations due to landfilling over the centuries.
This is going to impact Japan for several years to come.

CNN was just talking to a Woman in Tokyo and said it's a mess as traffic is a log jam and the rail service that everyone depends on is crippled.

Looks like this will take a long time to fix.

soonervegas
3/11/2011, 05:26 PM
So what's the need to put music to video almost immediately in a tragic situation?

KantoSooner
3/11/2011, 05:27 PM
yeah, it took her grandfather 8 hours to drive the 9 miles home from her school. And I know for a fact that he's one backroads cruising guy.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 05:29 PM
4coi8rgULZ4

That one has all of those cars floating and hitting the bridge and then the boats and barges going underneath all while cars and trucks are driving across the bridge. Wild video.

Jammin'
3/11/2011, 05:45 PM
QMvGpMGycRE

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 05:46 PM
embedding FAIL!

Godzillpwned!

Jammin'
3/11/2011, 05:47 PM
embedding FAIL!

Godzillpwned!

rvRpuWuIukE

cccasooner2
3/11/2011, 06:07 PM
Looks like this will take a long time to fix.

Maybe FEMA could help speed it up.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 06:08 PM
SEND IN THE TRAILERS!

LMAO!

http://www.treehugger.com/2008-01-29_122820-TreeHugger-fematrailer.jpg

sappstuf
3/18/2011, 08:15 AM
Watch the smaller video below the youtube video. Great story. Stick around to the end to watch the tsunami hit a car from the driver's perspective.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/japan-quake-moment-11-strangers-help-family-scramble-to-safety-as-tsunami-waters-hit/

jkjsooner
3/18/2011, 10:35 AM
SEND IN THE TRAILERS!
LMAO!

I never understood the trailer criticism. Let's see, people, your city was destroyed. As an emergency measure we gave your trailers so you aren't living on the street. Sorry some had formaldehyde or whatever but this was a temporary measure to an emergency situation.

Seriously, did these people think they deserved the Ritz Carlton or something?

The same applies to those living on cruise ships. I guess the phrase "no good deed goes unpunished" fits.