PDA

View Full Version : Barry Obama Live

HBick
3/11/2011, 12:36 PM
First interesting thing of note.

We are using 7% less oil than in 2005

HBick
3/11/2011, 12:41 PM
We only control 2% of the world's oil but use 25% of it.

Um, excuse me, but I guess this doesn't factor in Oil Shale with "fracking" in ND. They estimate their might be up to 2 billion barrels up there. Read that last night

tcrb
3/11/2011, 12:43 PM
Since when has anything this president has said been factual?

3rdgensooner
3/11/2011, 12:44 PM
Since when has anything this president has said been factual?He said that one thing that one time.

tcrb
3/11/2011, 12:45 PM
He said that one thing that one time.

Ahhh....I forgot about that.

OULenexaman
3/11/2011, 12:49 PM
I must have missed that one....what was it??

pphilfran
3/11/2011, 12:54 PM
Clean coal

HBick
3/11/2011, 12:58 PM
US rushing nuclear coolant to japan

Leroy Lizard
3/11/2011, 01:03 PM
US: That will be $5,000 a gallon.
Japan: But it normally sells for only $50 per gallon.
US: Yes, but demand is up lately.

the-rover
3/11/2011, 01:04 PM
US rushing nuclear coolant to japan

I'd like to see how that works

HBick
3/11/2011, 01:07 PM
I'd like to see how that works

I was thinking the same thing. Do you think the US will use Charlie Sheen and his magical teleportation powers?

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/bfb12aea47/charlie-sheen-s-winning-recipes?rel=player

Aldebaran
3/11/2011, 01:17 PM
Probably Fed Ex. They deliver on Saturdays you know.

Jammin'
3/11/2011, 01:18 PM
Too bad Dalton died. Greatest cooler I ever knew.

(Sorry SoCal, GoodTaste made me post this.)

the-rover
3/11/2011, 01:28 PM
Well, I just trying to figure out why we would need to rush water over there. Even if their water supplies were screwed up from loss of power or lack of storage, why wouldn't they be able to get some from China or somewhere closer.

OUmillenium
3/11/2011, 01:29 PM
The name...is Dalton

Whet
3/11/2011, 01:33 PM
Water? Because Barry has a rilly good pal in Chicago that can get Barry a good deal on water! One for me. one for you....

jumperstop
3/11/2011, 01:44 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Do you think the US will use Charlie Sheen and his magical teleportation powers?

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/bfb12aea47/charlie-sheen-s-winning-recipes?rel=player

It's being shipped from US bases in Japan, so it's probably already been there for a while

jumperstop
3/11/2011, 01:48 PM
Well, I just trying to figure out why we would need to rush water over there. Even if their water supplies were screwed up from loss of power or lack of storage, why wouldn't they be able to get some from China or somewhere closer.

Cause we're the ****ing world police...

MamaMia
3/11/2011, 02:13 PM

We are using 7% less oil than in 2005There aren't as many people driving to work.

OhU1
3/11/2011, 02:30 PM

We are using 7% less oil than in 2005

Not surprising. A great deal of demand for oil is created by industry and things have slowed down since 2005. I would not be bragging about using less oil if I was the Prez.

HBick
3/11/2011, 02:35 PM
Because the Japanese hate the Chinese and vice versa. Fishing rights, detained ships, suspended trade, all things that have come and gone over the last year

OUmillenium
3/11/2011, 02:50 PM
Bingo. Once gas shot to over $4 a gallon a few years back, the recession got underway. The only recovery we have experienced is that businesses have adjusted prices/expenses to cover high gas and when gas droped back in the $2-3 range, prices remained so profits increased. It's all tied to price of gas I say.

Breadburner
3/11/2011, 02:57 PM
There aren't as many people driving to work.

No need to drive to work under this administration....They just mail your check to you.....;)

Leroy Lizard
3/11/2011, 03:23 PM
No need to drive to work under this administration....They just mail your check to you.....;)

Heh.

texaspokieokie
3/11/2011, 03:45 PM
Not surprising. A great deal of demand for oil is created by industry and things have slowed down since 2005. I would not be bragging about using less oil if I was the Prez.

that numb nuts was bragging earlier today that his regime is responsible for gas being higher, thus less dependence on foreign oil.

i didn't hear him say this, got it from Rush.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 03:54 PM

It didn't sound like he was bragging. The part I saw he was saying that our Refineries were at full capacity and not hurting for oil and that he didn't think he needed to make a change in the reserves.

This isn't on you OhU1 but from a couple of other posts on here....I guess it's best to get the Truth from Rush instead of listening to the POTUS speak.

Leroy Lizard
3/11/2011, 03:56 PM
This isn't on you OhU1 but from a couple of other posts on here....I guess it's best to get the Truth from Rush instead of listening to the POTUS speak.

Hell yes it is.

texaspokieokie
3/11/2011, 04:08 PM
well,i just heard a little bit of rush on the way to lunch.
i can't listen to the potus for very long.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 04:36 PM
well,i just heard a little bit of rush on the way to lunch.
i can't listen to the potus for very long.

FWIW....I can't listen to either of them very long. I didn't hear all of the POTUS presser

OhU1
3/11/2011, 04:46 PM

Fair enough, but I'm at work and can't watch the Prez.

When I want my news I don't listen to Rush, but to RLIMC or Tuba. That way "the truth" has been sent through a 2nd spin cycle and like my laundry it comes out cleaner.

I listen to Rush every blue moon for a laugh. Lately he hasn't been funny when I've heard him. Rush is at his best when he's trying to stir up indignant reactions. I liked the one where he claimed to run his air conditioner outside or something like that in case he wanted to sit on his porch and it was too hot. He said his carbon footprint was huge. In moments like that Limbuagh is like the old Phil Hendrie show- nothing but a spoof.

KantoSooner
3/11/2011, 04:48 PM

It might be liquid sodium. I vaguely recall the Japanese playing around with alternative coolants.

If heavy water, then the US Navy base at Yokosuka just south of Tokyo might have some for replenishment of aircraft carrier and sub reactors? Doesn't really make sense, but maybe.

soonercoop1
3/11/2011, 04:59 PM
Since when has anything this president has said been factual?

Exactly...guess he did promise to redistribute the wealth and increase utility bills...got those correct...

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 05:19 PM

I don't mean this towards you....really just other businesses these days.

FWIW....it's funny that it's OK these days for folks to listen to Rush and not a Presidential Press Conference.
I'll bet that at some employers...if you suddenly switched off Rush and put on the POTUS live on the radio...you'd be looking for employment.

the-rover
3/11/2011, 05:26 PM
It might be liquid sodium. I vaguely recall the Japanese playing around with alternative coolants.

If heavy water, then the US Navy base at Yokosuka just south of Tokyo might have some for replenishment of aircraft carrier and sub reactors? Doesn't really make sense, but maybe.

Yeah, I know most modern plants are light water, so I figured that's probably what they used. Some navy nukes use some liquid metal coolants, but I didn't think the US did, so that's what got me wondering.

sappstuf
3/11/2011, 05:30 PM

One reason it doesn't really make sense is because it didn't happen.

Hillary talking out of her a$$

Meanwhile, officials in Washington have said the US military did not provide any coolant to a nuclear plant in Japan. Earlier, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said US Air Force "assets" had been used to do so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

the-rover
3/11/2011, 05:33 PM
One reason it doesn't really make sense is because it didn't happen.

Hillary talking out of her a$$

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

Now, that does make sense.

Aldebaran
3/11/2011, 05:33 PM
Either she's talking out of her a$$ or they are trying to take that off the record.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 05:38 PM
Or Assets don't mean coolant?

sappstuf
3/11/2011, 05:48 PM
Either she's talking out of her a$$ or they are trying to take that off the record.

Why would they take it off the record? The world knows we have a nuclear powered aircraft carrier over there. Would it come as a surprise that we have the coolant over there that is necessary to keep the reactor going?

And when she was talking about "assets" it was in this manner.

We just had our Air Force assets in Japan transport some really important coolant to one of the nuclear plants

In another words, planes.

Nope.. The simplest answer is almost always the right one.

Hillary is an idiot.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 05:50 PM
Maybe The Air Force sent in some experts?

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 05:53 PM
Like Hillary or not....you better hope she's not a clueless idiot.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 05:56 PM
Now reports are saying there might be radiation leaks.

Mjcpr
3/11/2011, 05:59 PM
Now reports are saying there might be radiation leaks.

Maybe they said radiation reeks because it smells funky or something.

KantoSooner
3/11/2011, 06:01 PM
[QUOTE=sappstuf;3168516

Nope.. The simplest answer is almost always the right one.

Hillary is an idiot.[/QUOTE]

Can I use this example in my annual 'Occam's Razor' speech to birthers and those who feel that 9/11 was an 'inside job'?

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 06:06 PM
Contrary to the popular summary, the simplest available theory is sometimes a less accurate explanation

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/11/2011, 06:12 PM

When I want my news I don't listen to Rush, but to RLIMC or Tuba. That way "the truth" has been sent through a 2nd spin cycle and like my laundry it comes out cleaner.

I listen to Rush every blue moon for a laugh. Lately he hasn't been funny when I've heard him. Rush is at his best when he's trying to stir up indignant reactions. I liked the one where he claimed to run his air conditioner outside or something like that in case he wanted to sit on his porch and it was too hot. He said his carbon footprint was huge. In moments like that Limbuagh is like the old Phil Hendrie show- nothing but a spoof.My, you are a smart man!

sappstuf
3/11/2011, 06:14 PM
Maybe The Air Force sent in some experts?

And what did they do, carry the non-existent coolant on their backs?? Did they place the coolant behind a grassy knoll?

If a service was sent in to look at their reactor, it would be the Navy, but I doubt even that. This isn't Haiti, it's Japan. They do not need our immediate help on a nuclear power plant that we probably have no experience with in the first place.

Anyone who has been in the military or dealt with contingency operations such as this, knows that "assets" isn't some code word. I promise you that question were asked and Hillary was briefed on "assets in the area", "assets that can get there in 24 hours" and such. It wouldn't surprise me if the Navy has some coolant around and it was at least briefly discussed(no idea if it would actually work). It wouldn't surprise me if the Air Force has the capability to transport it if needed. The reason she even used the word "assets" is because she probably heard it about 4 thousand times in the 8 hours after the earthquake.

Ah yes.. The simple truth.

One U.S. official said he believed Clinton was told Japan had requested the material, that the United States had agreed to provide it, and that an operation to do so was under way.

Ultimately, however, Japan did not need assistance from the United States but Clinton did not appear to have been updated before she made her public remarks.

"We understand that ultimately the Japanese government handled the situation on its own," said another U.S. official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 06:16 PM
Wow...that really ticked you off.

Hillary is nearer the damn button than you and I so you best not **** her off!

Breadburner
3/11/2011, 07:54 PM
She has bigger balls than Barry......

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 08:01 PM
She has bigger balls than Barry......

I think she's got bigger balls than Bill too.

the-rover
3/11/2011, 08:24 PM
Latest word is that is not the coolant itself that is the problem, it's the lack of electricity to pump the coolant. Power plants have an emergency DC battery power source which is able to keep essential equipment running, but the battery system needs to be recharged. If there is no power being produced and no auxiliary power coming into the plant, that would be the the problem.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 08:31 PM
WTH does the navy know about electricity? That's the AF's job!

:D;)

bigfatjerk
3/11/2011, 11:11 PM
Had to steal this from another site because it's always such a blatant lie that politicians throw out.

"We can’t escape the fact that we control only 2% of the world’s oil.” This is a common refrain among anti-drilling Democrats and environmentalists, and it’s repeated enough that many people accept it as true. In reality, it’s 100% false. The number comes from a highly conservative estimate from the Energy Information Administration totaling America’s proven reserves where we are already drilling. It does not include the 10 billion barrels available in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. It does not include most of the 86 billion barrels available offshore in the Outer Continental Shelf, most of which President Obama has placed under an executive drilling ban. And it does not include the 800 billion barrels of oil we have locked in shale in Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado. Those shale resources alone are actually three times larger than the proven reserves of Saudi Arabia, so the claim that the U.S. only has 2% of the world’s oil is clearly false.

Blue
3/11/2011, 11:26 PM
Demand is down, yet prices are up?

Hmmmm.