PDA

View Full Version : the other futbol

SanJoaquinSooner
3/11/2011, 02:08 AM
you don't have to like soccer to appreciate this goal...

2cCSzUL2kso&

Leroy Lizard
3/11/2011, 02:33 AM
Amazing that a soccer Youtuber's choices for background music sucks just as much as a football Youtuber's.

SoonerOX
3/11/2011, 12:05 PM
Being a Latin-American, I like Latin music. Nice clip SJS. Grew up playing both forms of football, and that is very well taken chance indeed.

CrimsonRez
3/14/2011, 09:55 AM
wasn't that great

KantoSooner
3/14/2011, 11:25 AM
I do believe he'd played the game before.

cheater.

soonerloyal
3/14/2011, 11:31 AM
Good result to a non-flashy bicycle kick. Nice high arc on that ball; keeper didn't have much of a chance. Thanks, I liked it!

GDC
3/14/2011, 11:33 AM
Wayne Rooney had a nice bicycle kick for a goal the other day, but the videos are all taken down.

BetterSoonerThanLater
3/14/2011, 07:30 PM
give him a scholly! we could use a good FG kicker. just make sure he knows that the ball goes over the crossbar.

the holder can just toss the ball into the air, and he can bicycle kick that bitch!

MR2-Sooner86
3/14/2011, 08:21 PM
I never got the music. I mean when you watch a football game do you turn off the sound and listen to Lil Wayne and 50 Cent because according to YouTube most people do it seems.

KC//CRIMSON
3/14/2011, 08:49 PM
The next Pele, ladies and gentlemen.

K64ah4DJIjk

Leroy Lizard
3/14/2011, 09:05 PM
Do we have a Sissy Sports forum to where we can move this thread?

dwarthog
3/15/2011, 07:02 AM
:pop:

Jacie
3/15/2011, 09:10 AM
you don't have to like soccer to appreciate this goal...

Yes, yes you do.

texaspokieokie
3/15/2011, 09:13 AM
Yes, yes you do.

YES !!!!

soonerloyal
3/15/2011, 09:20 AM

I'm posting my regular reproving scowl given to the ignorant who know nothing about the rigors, complexity and greatness of the sport here.
:cool:

stoops the eternal pimp
3/15/2011, 09:25 AM

:D

SoonerOX
3/15/2011, 10:33 AM

3 ankle surgeries from getting hacked to death and 2 broken ribs getting slammed by a goal keeper and I can attest that it isn't a sissy sport. Suffered more serious injuries playing soccer than I ever did playing football...

texaspokieokie
3/15/2011, 11:04 AM
my most serious injury came from football.

soccer may be ruff & very popular, but to me it as dull as, or duller than ice hockey.

Leroy Lizard
3/15/2011, 11:15 AM
3 ankle surgeries from getting hacked to death and 2 broken ribs getting slammed by a goal keeper and I can attest that it isn't a sissy sport.

Yes it is.

Now that we have that settled, is there a Sissy Sports forum where we can send this abortion of a thread?

silverwheels
3/15/2011, 11:36 AM
The diving and playacting does **** me off, but as a former player who didn't do either of those things, I can tell you that it's not a sissy sport outside of that bull****. Although I'm sure this is just Leroy being Leroy and it's not worth my time to continue this discussion.

Leroy Lizard
3/15/2011, 11:46 AM
The diving and playacting does **** me off, but as a former player who didn't do either of those things, I can tell you that it's not a sissy sport outside of that bull****. Although I'm sure this is just Leroy being Leroy and it's not worth my time to continue this discussion.

Sorry, but in a message board devoted to such a great sport as football, this thread is an eyesore. What next? ("Here is a vid of my daughter at her ballet recital....")

We already have a General Sports forum. Why not post this video of a soccer kick there?

GDC
3/15/2011, 11:56 AM
pt3cEUvxkT0

stoops the eternal pimp
3/15/2011, 11:58 AM
I know this sounds bad and no hate on the soccer players here, but I don't allow my kids to play soccer...baseball, basketball, and when the boy gets older football...

silverwheels
3/15/2011, 12:09 PM
Rugby. Now that's a man's sport. Even though no one in this country knows how to play it. :D

rainiersooner
3/15/2011, 06:11 PM
I know this sounds bad and no hate on the soccer players here, but I don't allow my kids to play soccer...baseball, basketball, and when the boy gets older football...

If your kid asked you to play soccer you would refuse? Wow! Why??

SoonerOX
3/16/2011, 12:54 PM
Yes it is.

Now that we have that settled, is there a Sissy Sports forum where we can send this abortion of a thread?

Not taking the bait Leroy lol. And I won't Neg Spekk you either...you would like that too much haha.:P

stoops the eternal pimp
3/16/2011, 01:21 PM
If your kid asked you to play soccer you would refuse? Wow! Why??

1. its a dead end sport here..nothing organized above 4th grade
2. I don't like to over-activity my kids
3. I was advised from a college coach not to let them because of development and toughness issues that some soccer players struggle with.

SoonerHoops
3/16/2011, 03:49 PM
Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash, and a ton of other professional athletes played soccer growing up. I don't think it hurt them any :rolleyes:

stoops the eternal pimp
3/16/2011, 03:55 PM
I guess thats the difference between the words "some" and "all"....:rolleyes:

SoonerHoops
3/16/2011, 03:56 PM
I guess thats the difference between the words "some" and "all"....:rolleyes:

More like a college coach who doesn't know what he or she is talking about.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/16/2011, 03:58 PM
YUP...THATS IT!

SoonerHoops
3/16/2011, 04:01 PM
I nailed it!!! YES!!!! Winning

GDC
3/16/2011, 04:38 PM
3. I was advised from a college coach not to let them because of development and toughness issues that some soccer players struggle with.

1. Lots of schools, leagues, and clubs play beyond 4th grade. Many kids get full ride scholarships through soccer, how is that a dead end?

2. I say let the kid pick his/her sports or activities within reasonable limits.

3. That simply makes no sense.

achiro
3/16/2011, 05:13 PM

1. Here, like in Oklahoma maybe but more and more popular all the time.
2. I'm with you on the OVER part but you mention baseball and good God most baseball parents are borderline insane with how much the "have to" do.
3. Yeah cause running is bad for you...that college coach is an idiot.
BTW, there is a pretty good D-lineman that played a lot of soccer growing up too. You might remember him as the back up fg kicker for the lions. ;)

Honestly, I think soccer is the perfect sport for younger kids. Gives them something to do. If done right, it helps establish a team mentality, just like any other sport. Lots of running, all kids get to participate because it's just running around kicking a ball into a goal. Sitting in the outfield picking clover while the other little kids hit the ball to the pitcher every time accomplishes a bunch though so you go for it.
and no, I never played a lick of soccer growing up.

EatLeadCommie
3/18/2011, 04:22 PM
These goals here are awesome. #4 on the list is absolutely sick...an almost impossible shot. #1 is just funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMdPfFvz2gs

GDC
3/18/2011, 04:29 PM
http://modernamericansoccer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/SoccerSniper.gif

stoops the eternal pimp
3/18/2011, 04:39 PM
Sitting in the outfield picking clover while the other little kids hit the ball to the pitcher every time accomplishes a bunch though so you go for it.
and no, I never played a lick of soccer growing up.

My kids are both infielders and aren't much for pickin grass..they also enjoy sports where they can use their arms and hands....

GDC, if you read my post, I said where I live...Where i live, it is a dead end sport...Nobody plays it in this area..boys and girls club and thats it..

And neither one of them have showed an interest in it, so its not a problem.

The NFL has 1800 players...Im sure you can pick out a handful that played soccer...doesn't mean much

AlboSooner
3/18/2011, 06:18 PM
The diving and playacting does **** me off, but as a former player who didn't do either of those things, I can tell you that it's not a sissy sport outside of that bull****.

I too dislike the dishonesty of the dives, however football, basketball are not immune to diving, flopping, faking, lying and so on. Dishonesty is not a trait of the sport but rather a trait of the humans who play it.

I remember Colt McCoy deserving an Oscar after the 2008 RRR game.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/18/2011, 07:02 PM
Here maybe a better way of describing soccer here in this area.

The b and g club is the only place they can play soccer..it is coached by parents, who by self admission, dont know anything about it.. This is also true for this area.. Most of the kids that play soccer are the kids who don't like sports but the parents want them to have some kind of activity..the kids who spend 4 or 5 years of their childhood playing soccer here will either not do any other sport later or 5 years behind the kids that play baseball..

I'm sure it's a all together different situation in your situations.