PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at Walmart in Tulsa

Soonerman82
3/10/2011, 11:48 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/2010/crimesite/article.aspx?subjectid=450&articleid=20110310_11_0_Shotsw380969

mgsooner
3/11/2011, 12:00 AM
At Admiral & Memorial? Surely you jest.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 12:01 AM
Damn Walmarts. They just about got that kid killed.

Soonerson1975
3/11/2011, 12:01 AM
How long until someone mentions this wouldn't of took place at a Target?

jumperstop
3/11/2011, 12:04 AM

Okc> Tulsa?

sooner59
3/11/2011, 12:06 AM
Somebody drove a car into a Dominos today in OKC. My delivery guy had to call me for help because he normally delivered at the one that was hit, but was relocated after it happened.

jumperstop
3/11/2011, 12:13 AM
Somebody drove a car into a Dominos today in OKC. My delivery guy had to call me for help because he normally delivered at the one that was hit, but was relocated after it happened.

Sometimes when you're old things like remembering which one is gas and which one is break can be difficult.

sooner59
3/11/2011, 12:17 AM
Sometimes when you're old things like remembering which one is gas and which one is break can be difficult.

I hear its also hard determining which is a fart and which isn't. Adult diapers. :D

yermom
3/11/2011, 03:04 AM
Tulsa really seems to have gone in the ****ter without me

i blame Stanley

sooner59
3/11/2011, 03:16 AM
I'm moving up there this summer. I'll rule with an iron fist. You know...keep **** in line.

yermom
3/11/2011, 03:20 AM
i remember when that was the only Supercenter in Tulsa

we drove to Claremore late at night before that... we really needed something better to do back then

BigJerm7
3/11/2011, 06:46 AM
*Cleanup on aisle 2*

OUmillenium
3/11/2011, 09:11 AM

It won't...because Target is smart enough not to build north of 61st street.

yermom
3/11/2011, 09:54 AM
21st and Yale isn't that nice of an area ;)

My Opinion Matters
3/11/2011, 10:05 AM
If you're at Walmart Supercenter getting shot should basically be expected.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 10:10 AM
My Wife was there the day before right about where that kid got shot.

My Opinion Matters
3/11/2011, 10:11 AM
Hey that's cool, we all get sick of our wives at some point.

HBick
3/11/2011, 10:18 AM
I bet OrangePower is photoshopping pictures of the shoot wearing an OU shirt and hat

OUthunder
3/11/2011, 10:59 AM
Target>WalMart

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 11:11 AM
Target>WalMart

No doubt. You should see that Walmart around 4:30 am....

OUthunder
3/11/2011, 11:16 AM

I did one time on Memorial & Penn in OKC. That's the day I decided to get my conceal and carry permit.

I'm not joking either. The white man was not safe at walmarts at that time of the day.

rekamrettuB
3/11/2011, 11:18 AM
Now we know why I send my wife to the WalMart.

3rdgensooner
3/11/2011, 11:19 AM
I'm not joking either. The white man was not safe at walmarts at that time of the day.And yet you somehow survived.

OUthunder
3/11/2011, 11:20 AM
And yet you somehow survived.

I was packing serious heat and a ginsu knife.

HBick
3/11/2011, 11:22 AM

haha, try going to the Wal-Mart on 240 in OKC at 4:30. That's a scary/nasty place.

even the Norman Wal-Mart after 11PM is a place I avoid. Meth tweakers tend to come out late

OUthunder
3/11/2011, 11:24 AM
haha, try going to the Wal-Mart on 240 in OKC at 4:30. That's a scary/nasty place.

even the Norman Wal-Mart after 11PM is a place I avoid. Meth tweakers tend to come out late

LOL! The wife and I were in Targets a couple of days ago early in the morning, to get the house ready for appraisal. We were in the cleaning isles and noticed that the Liquid Plummer and Drano were being restocked. I made a meth comment to the wife and the Target employee just smiled.

47straight
3/11/2011, 11:26 AM

The Walmart in question is always interesting around 2:15 when the ladies who work at the club across the street get off.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 11:29 AM
LOL! The wife and I were in Targets a couple of days ago early in the morning, to get the house ready for appraisal. We were in the cleaning isles and noticed that the Liquid Plummer and Drano were being restocked. I made a meth comment to the wife and the Target employee just smiled.

Back in the day....the store I worked at sold a lot of gold paint. I never smiled much about it. Those folks looked as bad or worse than the meth heads you see today. There was a liquor store across the street and small groups of them would huddle around pitch in for the paint and cheap wine to take the edge off.

Can't believe people continue to use things that destroy their lives forever.

It's one thing to bust a meth user but the ones that make that stuff to sell....they should get life w/o parole.

HBick
3/11/2011, 11:43 AM
It's one thing to bust a meth user but the ones that make that stuff to sell....they should get life w/o parole.

Well since OK and all the states that have since followed made it much harder to purchase Pseudoephedrine, the new, popular way to make it is by using the shake and bake, that deal where they fill up an empty plastic two liter, make a little batch for them and their addicted friends, then discard the remnants on the side of the road. We were on our way to Grand last summer, and there was a hold up on the turnpike because three deer drank the fluids and died in the middle of the turnpike and it closed the highway. That stuff is dangerous, and it's even more dangerous to dispose of now, they are like bombs.

You know everyone use to talk about the labs in the back of cars, but now people do it in a two liter.

The only place where you have big batches made now are in Mexico, where the factories are so big you can smell it from about 5 miles away.

North of Edmond, in Logan County, one time we were about a mile away from a Meth Lab that got busted the next day and you could smell it

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 11:47 AM
I really do understand what is going on as you can see it on the news where people get busted and or burst into flames.

The folks that do it and then get their kids on it are in need of incarceration.

The folks that shake and bake the stuff because they are hooked are living on borrowed time.

The folks that cook up the stuff that gets sold in mass....need to disappear permanent.

OutlandTrophy
3/11/2011, 11:51 AM
I haven't been to a Wal-Mart in well over a year.

HBick
3/11/2011, 11:52 AM
I haven't been to a Wal-Mart in well over a year.

Yeah you stick to K-Mart

OutlandTrophy
3/11/2011, 11:53 AM
I shop at Mr. Shortstop.

HBick
3/11/2011, 11:55 AM
I really do understand what is going on as you can see it on the news where people get busted and or burst into flames.

The folks that do it and then get their kids on it are in need of incarceration.

The folks that shake and bake the stuff because they are hooked are living on borrowed time.

The folks that cook up the stuff that gets sold in mass....need to disappear permanent.

+1

Never understood why would they want their kids hooked on it, means they would have to share it, but meth heads don't think clearly.

HBick
3/11/2011, 11:56 AM
I shop at Mr. Shortstop.

You better not of given that key to Broyles

Wishboned
3/11/2011, 11:58 AM
I wonder if he had 21 items in the 20 item or less lane?

3rdgensooner
3/11/2011, 02:37 PM
Mini-(Wal)Mart vs. Micro-Target: Inside the Battle for the Next Frontier of Big-Box Retail (http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/152/mini-walmart-vs-micro-target.html)

The next frontier for big-box retailers is teeny-tiny.

Walmart and Target may have seemingly saturated the suburbs with locations, but both have struggled to thrive in cities. Now the big-box retailers are radically rethinking the size of their stores. Target (http://www.target.com/) announced that it will open its first small-footprint outposts in L.A. and Seattle next year, with plans to push quickly into 12 other cities. Walmart (http://www.walmart.com/), which has experimented with smaller prototypes called Neighborhood Market and grocery-specific Marketside, plans on opening two dozen microstores in San Francisco and 30 to 40 small-format storefronts across the U.S. before the end of 2012. But tailoring scaled-back offerings to diverse neighborhoods while still delivering low prices could prove tough, says Brian Sozzi, retail analyst at Wall Street Strategies. "Logistically, it could be a nightmare," he says. "But will they undercut mom-and-pop shops? You bet."

http://images.fastcompany.com/magazine/152/next-32-Strategy-WalMartTarget-inline.gif

HBick
3/11/2011, 02:46 PM
Walmart is also the most evil company in the world

DIB
3/11/2011, 02:46 PM
Back in the day....the store I worked at sold a lot of gold paint. I never smiled much about it. Those folks looked as bad or worse than the meth heads you see today. There was a liquor store across the street and small groups of them would huddle around pitch in for the paint and cheap wine to take the edge off.

Can't believe people continue to use things that destroy their lives forever.

I prefer silver paint.

http://cameronfrye.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/charlie1.jpg

sooner59
3/11/2011, 07:18 PM
When I first moved up to OKC, the closest Wal-Mart was the Belle Isle location. I went with my parents to pick up a few things after moving in. As soon as we came in some gangsta fellow stopped our cart and proceeded to walk in front of our basket. My dad pulled a knife on him in the middle of Wal-Mart. If that dude did scurry off, he was about to have a new ***hole carved into him. Since then my had got his concealed carry, so now he is packing heat. I wouldn't give him a reason...

:D