PDA

View Full Version : Bath Salts

StoopTroup
3/10/2011, 07:36 PM
Was watching Dr. OZ and he had a Faimly who's son had done a gram of these bath salts (MDPV). He had the stuff their kid did analyzed and it was 90% MDPV or Methylenedioxypyrovalerone.

Their kid started on a 2 hour halucinating trip which led to him taking out a butcher knife right in front of his father and slitting his throat as he at that point would have rather died than continue the trip he was on. They took him to the ER and luckily he hadn't gotten into the Carotid or the jugular veins. They treated him and told his parents to keep him on suicide watch. The Father made the kid stay in his bedroom and sleep in there where he coould watch him. Sometime after the Father fell asleep, thinking the worst was over, he woke up to find his Son had left the bedroom and when he found the kid....he had gotten hold of a gun and shot himself in the head.

Autopsy showed no Drug use in this kids system other than the MDPV.

Just hadn't seen this in Oklahoma yet but the only States this has been made a scheduled drug in any States except Louisiana and Florida. Finland, Denmark and Sweden have done something about it and Germany has it illegal to manufacture sell or import without a license. Australia made this stuff illegal and has it under scrutiny with the Crime commission there.

There are tons of street names for this crap. Make sure you take a moment to talk with your kids about all these things that are legal highs but definitely not good for them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylenedioxypyrovalerone

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/22/AR2011012203854.html

jumperstop
3/10/2011, 08:39 PM
You're always watching Dr.Oz, Oprah, Rachel Ray, the View...What's wrong with you?

jumperstop
3/10/2011, 08:42 PM
Ok so I read the story, that's ****ed up. You think he would have heard the gun shot. Also if the kid was on suicide watch, how the hell did he get the gun? How old was the kid?

StoopTroup
3/10/2011, 09:46 PM
Ok so I read the story, that's ****ed up. You think he would have heard the gun shot. Also if the kid was on suicide watch, how the hell did he get the gun? How old was the kid?

He was a good looking kid. I'd say 14-16 years old.

I'd imagine it was the gunshot that woke his Dad up. He said his Son's Body was warm when he got to him. I guess it wasn't a large caliber gun and it was dark. Once a .22 gets up in your head it sometimes doesn't exit....it just ping pongs around in your skull and you die.

It's hard to say if the kid had done drugs before but when they took him to the ER where his Mom worked his Blood and urine Test was clean for drugs and after 4 hours he passed a psychological evalution and they let him go Home with his Dad. It had been hours since he had done the drug and the mistake that was made was that it might have either a great longevity or he had damaged his brain. Either way he's dead now due to the hallucinations. The guy from the Poison Unit in Louisiana said they have reports of people locking themselves in their attics with guns to keep monsters and aliens away from their family and even folks shooting through the wall of there Home because of the noises in the wall. People want the drug out of their system as fast as possible and sometimes make a decision to end their life to stop it.

Bad stuff.

StoopTroup
3/10/2011, 09:48 PM
You're always watching Dr.Oz, Oprah, Rachel Ray, the View...What's wrong with you?

Dr. Oz is the only one I DVR. The rest are because I'm bored and got caught up when I was channel surfing. Also....it messes with you all so I find it fun. ;)

OUthunder
3/10/2011, 11:32 PM
I use Dr Teals but I don't snort it.

StoopTroup
3/10/2011, 11:32 PM
Probably best

SoCaliSooner
3/11/2011, 10:13 AM
I'm all for leaving this stuff on the market. If brainiacs search for chemicals and want to get high and die, awesome. I consider it thinning the herd...

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 10:20 AM
Well that's not gonna happen more than likely. Good to see how much you care about other people. It really says a lot about your other opinions about things.

SoCaliSooner
3/11/2011, 10:21 AM
Well that's not gonna happen more than likely. Good to see how much you care about other people. It really says a lot about your other opinions about things.

I deal with people on a regular basis who huff, shoot up and OD on all kinds of medications/toxins. At some point you realize you can't save everybody, especially those who are bent on literally poisoning themselves...

jumperstop
3/11/2011, 10:28 AM
I deal with people on a regular basis who huff, shoot up and OD on all kinds of medications/toxins. At some point you realize you can't save everybody, especially those who are bent on literally poisoning themselves...

I kinda agree, but kinda don't. There should be a warning about the dangers and make sure people understand that it can be just as bad a cleaning chemicals if injested. But at the same time, if people started drinking bleach to get high that doesn't mean we should just ban bleach. Maybe make it to where only 18 y.o can buy it, that's how it is with cough syrup and rubber cement.

HBick
3/11/2011, 10:28 AM
Damn guys, I'll need to try this out. I'll be sure to let you know the results

Position Limit
3/11/2011, 10:31 AM
that's why you should just stick with a gram of "smelling salts".

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 10:38 AM
I kinda agree, but kinda don't. There should be a warning about the dangers and make sure people understand that it can be just as bad a cleaning chemicals if injested. But at the same time, if people started drinking bleach to get high that doesn't mean we should just ban bleach. Maybe make it to where only 18 y.o can buy it, that's how it is with cough syrup and rubber cement.

A little research will give you the answer on this one. Evidently there is some sort of legitimate use for this chemical. Should it be sold at Gas Stations? Absolutely not. Should it have something in it that give it a strong odor that keeps someone from even getting it close to their face....possibly

Germany doesn't allow anyone to manufacture, sell or import it without a license.

IMO....having it around is like keeping Arsenic on the shelf next to the baby food at the grocery store.

OULenexaman
3/11/2011, 11:30 AM
even in my wild days I don't think I'd touch this ****...

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 11:34 AM
even in my wild days I don't think I'd touch this ****...

Exactly.

jumperstop
3/11/2011, 11:37 AM
A little research will give you the answer on this one. Evidently there is some sort of legitimate use for this chemical. Should it be sold at Gas Stations? Absolutely not. Should it have something in it that give it a strong odor that keeps someone from even getting it close to their face....possibly

Germany doesn't allow anyone to manufacture, sell or import it without a license.

IMO....having it around is like keeping Arsenic on the shelf next to the baby food at the grocery store.

Can they make bath salts without this chemical? I mean bath salts do have a practical use, and if you make them smell bad that would just take away the point of a bath salt. Arsenic doesn't have a practical household use that I can think of.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 11:58 AM
Can they make bath salts without this chemical? I mean bath salts do have a practical use, and if you make them smell bad that would just take away the point of a bath salt. Arsenic doesn't have a practical household use that I can think of.

90-100% of what is in these packages isn't bath salts.

I think you're missing the point. These folks selling this **** to our kids are just finding poison that is legal and putting it in a nice package labeled "Not for Human Consumption" and then using the internet to tell folks about the new legal high.

It's one thing to have been LSD back in the 60's and do this as we still aren't exactly sure if people are harmed by it's use as many people found a sense of self and estacy or a euphoric feeling by using it.

This stuff....snort 1 gram and you might just have a bad trip....or you might have a bad trip that will never stop until you have picked you skin off of your face. It isn't euphoric in anyway and initial indications in many Countries including the ER's in this Country believe it could become a drug that puts people at risk.

Maybe since it's legal they should put it in you kids Honey Nut Cheerios?

I think not.

I'll tell you what....if you think it should stay on the shelves in stores across America....lets put more warning on it like cigarettes. Something like....if you avoid the warnings on this product it's TOXIC. Or maybe just name it "You'll Kill Yourself with this ****" instead of "Cloud 9".

It's not bath salts.

jumperstop
3/11/2011, 12:19 PM
90-100% of what is in these packages isn't bath salts.

I think you're missing the point. These folks selling this **** to our kids are just finding poison that is legal and putting it in a nice package labeled "Not for Human Consumption" and then using the internet to tell folks about the new legal high.

It's one thing to have been LSD back in the 60's and do this as we still aren't exactly sure if people are harmed by it's use as many people found a sense of self and estacy or a euphoric feeling by using it.

This stuff....snort 1 gram and you might just have a bad trip....or you might have a bad trip that will never stop until you have picked you skin off of your face. It isn't euphoric in anyway and initial indications in many Countries including the ER's in this Country believe it could become a drug that puts people at risk.

Maybe since it's legal they should put it in you kids Honey Nut Cheerios?

I think not.

I'll tell you what....if you think it should stay on the shelves in stores across America....lets put more warning on it like cigarettes. Something like....if you avoid the warnings on this product it's TOXIC. Or maybe just name it "You'll Kill Yourself with this ****" instead of "Cloud 9".

It's not bath salts.

Ok I misunderstood. I thought they were taking something legit and then getting ****ed up. They are just marketing them as "Bath Salts" to be able to sell a trippy drug over the internet. Well I'm on you side now.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 01:36 PM
Ok I misunderstood. I thought they were taking something legit and then getting ****ed up. They are just marketing them as "Bath Salts" to be able to sell a trippy drug over the internet. Well I'm on you side now.

Yep. It's just like Salvia in that you have people looking for things that aren't on the illegal substances list in our Country an selling it with internet rumors because it's LEGAL.

Airplane glue and Gold paint is legal but as far as I know...you'll figure out pretty soon your kid is getting screwed up. With this it can be a one and your done trip.

jumperstop
3/11/2011, 01:42 PM
Yep. It's just like Salvia in that you have people looking for things that aren't on the illegal substances list in our Country an selling it with internet rumors because it's LEGAL.

Airplane glue and Gold paint is legal but as far as I know...you'll figure out pretty soon your kid is getting screwed up. With this it can be a one and your done trip.

Fyi don't smoke salvia. It's definitely not like weed....

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 01:46 PM

I hope you don't smoke that other head shop **** that says "Not for human consumption" either.

soonerchk
3/11/2011, 03:07 PM
There was a big article in the Tulsa paper about his stuff a while back. We're way ahead of the rest of the country in figuring out random crap to get high with.

DIB
3/11/2011, 03:11 PM
I miss jenkem

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 03:16 PM
There was a big article in the Tulsa paper about his stuff a while back. We're way ahead of the rest of the country in figuring out random crap to get high with.

Except it's still being sold legally. Putting heat on the guys sellling it isn't enough IMO.

soonerchk
3/11/2011, 03:20 PM
Except it's still being sold legally. Putting heat on the guys sellling it isn't enough IMO.

So is cold medicine.

jumperstop
3/11/2011, 03:23 PM
I hope you don't smoke that other head shop **** that says "Not for human consumption" either.

Tried once back in high school, not really fun. Effects didn't last but a few min. They can't sell salvia in oklahoma anymore though.

DIB
3/11/2011, 03:24 PM
You can still get whippets!

jumperstop
3/11/2011, 03:25 PM

Cheesing anyone? Lol

soonerchk
3/11/2011, 03:38 PM
Probably had some toad lickers here, too.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 03:46 PM
Tried once back in high school, not really fun. Effects didn't last but a few min. They can't sell salvia in oklahoma anymore though.

I didn't mean Salvia. They have some other stuff that evidently looks like plant material in it when you open it and I think they sell it as insence.

Mongo
5/20/2011, 10:48 PM
coworker got ran oft from a rig. roughnecks kicked him off the floor and out of the dog house, and the pusher finally kicked him off the rig. he was looking for diamonds in the rock samples cause the government was hiding the fact that oklahoma has diamond mines.

Turd_Ferguson
5/20/2011, 11:20 PM
I just took a pint of John Daniels anally...

Mongo
5/20/2011, 11:21 PM
you should try brandy. much smoother

Turd_Ferguson
5/20/2011, 11:29 PM
you should try brandy. much smootherThanks for the info, the JD did sting the ring quite a bit...

mgsooner
5/20/2011, 11:40 PM
What kind of a poosy whipped freak of nature watches Dr. Oz???

StoopTroup
5/20/2011, 11:52 PM
Dude can do one of the best urine/bacteria gigs I've ever seen.

Mongo
5/20/2011, 11:58 PM
What kind of a poosy whipped freak of nature watches Dr. Oz???

have you ever read ST's diatribes?

that kind of guy

StoopTroup
5/20/2011, 11:59 PM
Those aren't me though. I bought this name from him last week for $500. He said he was on hard times.

Mongo
5/20/2011, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the info, the JD did sting the ring quite a bit...

try coffee in the AM. Starbucks has a great cafe anus americano

Blue
5/21/2011, 12:43 AM

Maybe once. I hear the machine gnomes are worth the trip.

stevo
5/21/2011, 01:16 PM
hey! we know how to party down in greater ader! "bath salts" sold out of a convenience store drive-thru window...we're breakin' molds

SoonerofAlabama
5/21/2011, 09:49 PM
I watched Dr. Oz a couple times. He is way too comfortable with the reproductive organs though. This story is also sad. I can't imagine a cop walking up to a car and seeing a bag of bath salts in a little baggy and arresting people fo it.

CrimsonKel
5/22/2011, 05:21 PM
Its interesting how we absorb things through the skin. I lot of people take magnesium through the skin in the form of a lotion, gel, oil, or plain old epsom salt baths because they can't ingest it very well but it gets absorbed through the skin just fine and dandy. Are there any pharmaceutical products that are taken in this way?

StoopTroup
5/22/2011, 05:36 PM
All the patch medications

yermom
5/22/2011, 05:38 PM
testosterone

StoopTroup
5/22/2011, 05:46 PM
testosterone

The way you type that is very sexy....

yermom
5/22/2011, 05:47 PM