PDA

View Full Version : Lady Gaga punishes Targer over donation

AlboSooner
3/10/2011, 06:56 PM
So Target donated some money to a political organization who supported a traditional marriage candidate who didn't even win, and now Lady Gaga has ended her business deal with Target because of that donation.

target has issued a statement addressing the breakup of a partnership deal with Lady Gaga to offer fans an exclusive on her coming album, “Born This Way.” The singer reportedly severed ties with the company because Target gave money to MN Forward, a political action committee that supported Tom Emmer, a 2010 Minnesota gubernatorial candidate who is opposed to gay marriage
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/03/10/why-did-lady-gaga-and-target-part-ways/?mod=google_news_blog

A while back there was a controversy with Chick-Fil-A supporting traditional marriage candidates, and they were portrayed negatively by the media for using their influence to support traditional marriage. However, Lady Gaga is being portrayed positively for doing the same. On Madonna's part, I mean on Lady Gaga's part, this controversy is smart because it brings attention to her album, and exploitation of political issues to sell albums or win Oscars (Sean Penn) is an old trick.

Personally I have no problem with people using their weight to influence public opinion, after all this is America, however we can't condemn one side and praise the other for doing the exact same thing.

waynepayne
3/10/2011, 07:02 PM
Nothing against you Albie but I was going to care about this and then decided not to...

and yes it sounds EXACTLY like Express Yourself. Pfft.

AlboSooner
3/10/2011, 07:05 PM
It's cool. I think one can have an opinion without being invested in the topic itself. Anyway, the Sooners are about to tip off against Texas.

jumperstop
3/10/2011, 07:06 PM
**** Lady Gaga, publicity stunt whore.

Scott D
3/10/2011, 07:10 PM
Apparently someone at Target doesn't realize that the logo is really rainbow colored and not just red/white.

waynepayne
3/10/2011, 07:13 PM
Well I guess I do care enough to say this. The gays would sooner quit listening to Lady Gaga than stop shopping at Target :P

Penguin
3/10/2011, 07:47 PM
Heh. Targer.

StoopTroup
3/10/2011, 07:52 PM
Finally....some real news

MamaMia
3/10/2011, 07:54 PM
**** Lady Gaga, publicity stunt whore.

^^^ This

Mongo
3/10/2011, 08:01 PM
I, for one, am a fan of Lady Gaga and her penis

OU_Sooners75
3/10/2011, 08:06 PM
You mean Madonna, right? I mean, this lady gag is just trying to rip off Madonna songs!

Oh, and she has no talent at all.

C&CDean
3/10/2011, 08:15 PM
You know what's killing me? I've never seen lady gaga, and I've never seen a targer store. I consider myself blessed. Cubed.

OU_Sooners75
3/10/2011, 08:21 PM
You know what's killing me? I've never seen lady gaga, and I've never seen a targer store. I consider myself blessed. Cubed.

I have seen her unfortunately....at the grammy's....she basically ripped off Madonnas materials.

She is butt ****ing ugly.
she has no talent
she has no imagination
she has a penis (from what Collier tells me).

She is a joke of a performer that ranks right there with my daughter's (7 yrs old) heart throb Justin Bieber.

jumperstop
3/10/2011, 08:55 PM
I have seen her unfortunately....at the grammy's....she basically ripped off Madonnas materials.

She is butt ****ing ugly.
she has no talent
she has no imagination
she has a penis (from what Collier tells me).

She is a joke of a performer that ranks right there with my daughter's (7 yrs old) heart throb Justin Bieber.

Beiber looks like 30 y.o lesbian, the dude of the couple of course.

Curly Bill
3/10/2011, 08:57 PM
I don't care for Target and care even less for Lady Gaga.

SCOUT
3/10/2011, 10:39 PM
I think Lady Gaga is a freak and her music makes me want to gouge my ears. I will say that she has strong convictions and does a very good job of sticking to them despite financial and publicity related consequences. I respect that about her.

I would like to clarify that i think her convictions are very different than mine, but I still respect the way in which she deals with them.

yankee
3/10/2011, 10:42 PM
I think Lady Gaga is a freak and her music makes me want to gouge my ears. I will say that she has strong convictions and does a very good job of sticking to them despite financial and publicity related consequences. I respect that about her.

I would like to clarify that i think her convictions are very different than mine, but I still respect the way in which she deals with them.

If I stuck to my convictions and was famous, like she stuck to hers, I would be crucified by the public. And hers are very different than mine too. There's a double standard, and it sucks.

I need to work on this getting famous part. Stir the pot and push some buttons among the famous. I'd enjoy doing that.

SCOUT
3/10/2011, 11:00 PM
If I stuck to my convictions and was famous, like she stuck to hers, I would be crucified by the public. And hers are very different than mine too. There's a double standard, and it sucks.

I need to work on this getting famous part. Stir the pot and push some buttons among the famous. I'd enjoy doing that.

She does get grief but stands by her convictions anyway. If you stuck by yours, despite being crucified by the public, I would respect you too.

yankee
3/10/2011, 11:02 PM
She does get grief but stands by her convictions anyway. If you stuck by yours, despite being crucified by the public, I would respect you too.

I thank you for your future :D respect, but my point was just to say that overall, in the media and probably the public's mind, I would get hammered. Because I'd be labeled a bigot. She's considered a "pioneer" or is lauded for "standing up for what she believes". The ACLU would probably be suing my ***. That's the double standard I'm talking about.

SCOUT
3/10/2011, 11:05 PM
I thank you for your future :D respect, but my point was just to say that overall, in the media and probably the public's mind, I would get hammered. Because I'd be labeled a bigot. She's considered a "pioneer" or is lauded for "standing up for what she believes". The ACLU would probably be suing my ***. That's the double standard I'm talking about.

You are (maybe) welcome for the future respect :D. I don't disagree. I wish we could all be more like Daniel Tosh.

OUthunder
3/10/2011, 11:30 PM
Proud Target shopper here.

Curly Bill
3/10/2011, 11:32 PM
Proud Target shopper here.

You do any shopping today?

You know, since ya couldn't be on here posting and all? ;) :D

StoopTroup
3/10/2011, 11:33 PM
Gaga's flash in the pan will soon be over.

OUthunder
3/10/2011, 11:35 PM
You do any shopping today?

You know, since ya couldn't be on here posting and all? ;) :D

Nah, I was ghetting bitch slapped by the appraiser. Then, I figured my day sucks already so I ate a shrimp taco from TB. No runs as of yet so the shrimp must have been real.

yermom
3/11/2011, 02:43 AM
So Target donated some money to a political organization who supported a traditional marriage candidate who didn't even win, and now Lady Gaga has ended her business deal with Target because of that donation.

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/03/10/why-did-lady-gaga-and-target-part-ways/?mod=google_news_blog

A while back there was a controversy with Chick-Fil-A supporting traditional marriage candidates, and they were portrayed negatively by the media for using their influence to support traditional marriage. However, Lady Gaga is being portrayed positively for doing the same. On Madonna's part, I mean on Lady Gaga's part, this controversy is smart because it brings attention to her album, and exploitation of political issues to sell albums or win Oscars (Sean Penn) is an old trick.

Personally I have no problem with people using their weight to influence public opinion, after all this is America, however we can't condemn one side and praise the other for doing the exact same thing.

no, Target did the same thing as Chick-fil-A, and Lady Gaga, whose got a HUGE gay following, decided to not to business with them

it seems Target is a little confused in their decision to try to do both of those things.