MamaMia
3/10/2011, 05:34 PM
Michael Moore is raving lunatic.

A) Yes

B) No

:pop:

jumperstop
3/10/2011, 05:41 PM
I liked bowling for columbine and that gun one. Probably a bit crazy liberal but whatever there are 10 times more crazy conservatives. What has the guy done of note in the last ten years anyways?

Pogue Mahone
3/10/2011, 05:46 PM
Don't hate him because he's a liberal; hate him because he makes sloppy, self-involved pap.

I'll never understand why conservatives get so riled up by him. No one on this board has been able to explain it to me, but several folks have tried.

Whet
3/10/2011, 05:47 PM
yes, he is a raving loon.

I understand he made the decision to hire only non-union workers on his last movie because it would save him money.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/10/2011, 05:50 PM
The mirror image of Rush Limbaugh. There's lots of money to be made by biting the heads off of live turkeys.

2121Sooner
3/10/2011, 05:55 PM
The mirror image of Rush Limbaugh. There's lots of money to be made by biting the heads off of live turkeys.

Minus the crappy movies

KantoSooner
3/10/2011, 06:06 PM
You could hate Moore for his mannerisms, his condescension, his gotcha movie making style, his interesting editing out of anything that tends to nuance a position.
And you'd be absolutely right to do so.
But what really should be paid attention is that he is completely self-contradictory in virtually everything he does (the non-union staff, the extravagant personal lifestyle, the iffy realtionship with facts in his 'reporting'), and works tirelessly to undermine any sort of reasoned, middle ground discussion.
Like many of his ilk, it all has to be done his way; and that the world doesn't work that way is really the root of his anger. (gosh Michael, you couldn't be president of a car company....maybe because you spent more time downing beers at the local than boning up on engineering and finance. Yuh think?)
and, when you think about it, that's simply one more reason to dismiss a person who would have us think he is a populist.

On the other hand, hating him simply gives him the attention that he craves. Ignore him.

AlboSooner
3/10/2011, 06:15 PM
I don't know him personally. It's hard to pass judgment on someone based on their TV persona.

mgsooner
3/10/2011, 06:21 PM
C) is sitting back and laughing as the cash rolls in

MamaMia
3/10/2011, 06:28 PM
I only caught the last part of the story but they just said on TV that hes calling for high school children to walk out on their last period of classes this Friday. What? Its probably over that Wisconsin thing since thats seems to be his latest pet project.

..and yes, he is a huge hypocrite.

Fraggle145
3/10/2011, 09:22 PM
Shoulda been a pole. /vet

StoopTroup
3/10/2011, 09:51 PM
It's difficult to say until we know exactly WTH Charlie Sheen is actually doing.

Leroy Lizard
3/10/2011, 10:34 PM
I'll never understand why conservatives get so riled up by him. No one on this board has been able to explain it to me, but several folks have tried.

To me it has nothing to do with any deep burning issues in political philosophy. I hate mayonnaise; I hate bleu cheese dressing; I hate Michael Moore.

texaspokieokie
3/11/2011, 09:00 AM
JMHO
he's nothing.
why did i post this ???

virginiasooner
3/11/2011, 09:07 AM
I liked bowling for columbine and that gun one. Probably a bit crazy liberal but whatever there are 10 times more crazy conservatives. What has the guy done of note in the last ten years anyways?

Won an Oscar for best documentary.

texaspokieokie
3/11/2011, 09:09 AM

but, aren't documentarys supposed to contain "facts" ???

saucysoonergal
3/11/2011, 09:35 AM
He wore an OU hat once, so he isn't all bad. I've never seen Glenn Beck wear an OU hat.

;)

virginiasooner
3/11/2011, 09:48 AM
but, aren't documentarys supposed to contain "facts" ???

According to Stephen Colbert, facts have a well known liberal bias.

C&CDean
3/11/2011, 09:57 AM

Yes, and who voted to give him that Oscar? That's right, limp-wristed, flaming, clueless pinkos. Meh.

MM is a non-entity to me. I've never seen any of his movies, or even sat through an interview or anything with him speaking. Alls I know is what I've read about his - ahem - work? Based on that, I will never watch any of his **** or support any of his **** in any way.

1890MilesToNorman
3/11/2011, 10:33 AM
The word pissant come to mind. Someone step on it.

Soonerwake
3/11/2011, 10:15 PM

Exactly. The more you get people riled up, the more they pay attention.

TUSooner
3/11/2011, 10:36 PM
You could hate Moore for his mannerisms, his condescension, his gotcha movie making style, his interesting editing out of anything that tends to nuance a position.
And you'd be absolutely right to do so.
But what really should be paid attention is that he is completely self-contradictory in virtually everything he does (the non-union staff, the extravagant personal lifestyle, the iffy realtionship with facts in his 'reporting'), and works tirelessly to undermine any sort of reasoned, middle ground discussion.
Like many of his ilk, it all has to be done his way; and that the world doesn't work that way is really the root of his anger. (gosh Michael, you couldn't be president of a car company....maybe because you spent more time downing beers at the local than boning up on engineering and finance. Yuh think?)
and, when you think about it, that's simply one more reason to dismiss a person who would have us think he is a populist.

On the other hand, hating him simply gives him the attention that he craves. Ignore him.

THIS^^ How anyone can give him an ounce of credibilty is beyond my uinderstanding.

TUSooner
3/11/2011, 10:39 PM
Yes, and who voted to give him that Oscar? That's right, limp-wristed, flaming, clueless pinkos. Meh.

MM is a non-entity to me. I've never seen any of his movies, or even sat through an interview or anything with him speaking. Alls I know is what I've read about his - ahem - work? Based on that, I will never watch any of his **** or support any of his **** in any way.

This, too. ^^
He plays to an audience like-minded dimwits.