PDA

View Full Version : Sherri passed Billy tonite

stoopified
3/9/2011, 11:38 PM
With the victory over TT Sherri got her 334th career win passing Billy who won 333 in his tenure at OU.Coach Coale has taken this program a long way from that 28-55 start in her first three seasons.306 wins in the last 12 years and 3 Final Fours are juat a few of her superlatives.

StoopTroup
3/10/2011, 01:28 AM
It's a cool accomplishment but it's to bad Jeff isn't in the hunt too. I really wanted to see both of them beat Billy's record.

sooner59
3/10/2011, 01:32 AM
Sherri's is even more impressive to me as OU was about to eliminate women's basketball before she came aboard. It was all but ****-canned. Then the brought it back and took it to the top level of women's bball. Just shows that she is one hell of a coach. That and she had ZERO college coaches experience coming in as she was previously coaching at Norman High.

....and she's hot. :D

StoopTroup
3/10/2011, 01:33 AM
Definitely SMOKIN' HAWT!

Boomer.....
3/10/2011, 07:57 AM
Congrats to her! I remember her first few seasons when you could walk around LNC and not run into anyone. There would be just a few hundred people there and they couldn't give away tickets. OU was very close to dropping womens basketball. What she has done is nothing short of amazing.

badger
3/10/2011, 11:00 AM
NP and I were hating life through most of that game last night, especially considering how well the men played. It was like... Channel 709! Men are up by more than 20 now yay! Channel 716! Women are struggling, Whitney is not shooting well and Nicole is a stringbean with no strength. ARGGGGGGG

:D but a win is a win. after as much winning as we did a few years ago on the men's side, I should learn to never, ever under appreciate a winning team.

stoopified
3/10/2011, 11:43 AM
To further put Coale's record in prspective think about this- Coale is 334-152,all the other women's coaches in OU history combined 323-294.

Soonerwake
3/10/2011, 12:10 PM
To further put Coale's record in prspective think about this- Coale is 334-152,all the other women's coaches in OU history combined 323-294.

Comparing the record of a women's bball coach to a men's bball coach is like comparing softball to baseball, or a frog to a toad... They look alike, but that's about it..

Furthermore, UConn's women's records are not even in the same atmosphere as UCLA, or any other men's teams for that matter.

Saying all of that, congrats to Coach Coale. She is OU women's basketball. :D