PDA

View Full Version : OSU Facepalm twitter edition

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/9/2011, 08:12 AM
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=117990

The sooners caught us at the best possible time last year with anyiam out, blackmon hurt, and martinez out. Next year, they will not be as lucky because even if martinez is somehow hurt. Michael Bowie is just as good of a replacement. Lets also add that we should have more depth on defense as well. Next year looks like it should be a special season

cleller
3/9/2011, 08:22 AM
I'm glad I'm not one of them. Depressing.

XFollower
3/9/2011, 08:26 AM
Maybe next year...

OKLA21FAN
3/9/2011, 08:27 AM
next year

XingTheRubicon
3/9/2011, 08:29 AM
If OSU was a beverage, it would be Mountain Don't.

OUmillenium
3/9/2011, 08:43 AM
Twitter on the rise!

picasso
3/9/2011, 09:25 AM
I had a Poke friend tell me that 2 field goals were the difference in the game.
I said it was the two 70-plus yard TD passes the legendary crappy oSu defense gave up.

NOVSooner
3/9/2011, 09:33 AM
wow, i just lost brain cells reading op. "we deserve the rings b/c we had the best season ever for osu". "bob stoops is getting afraid of the beast being built in stillwater." I can't tell if they are that naive or just that ignorant...

Mad Dog Madsen
3/9/2011, 09:51 AM
Who the heck is xXsUbLimEXx? I seriously think it's oudavid. :P

oudavid1
3/9/2011, 10:07 AM
Who the heck is xXsUbLimEXx? I seriously think it's oudavid. :P

i created an account with the handle "oudavid1"

but i cant post so i just dont go.

rekamrettuB
3/9/2011, 10:18 AM
Funny thing about next years and tomorrows is they never get here.

AlboSooner
3/9/2011, 10:24 AM
Next year on the rise.

Pokie st is actually the historical undefeated champion of next year.

3rdgensooner
3/9/2011, 10:27 AM
"we deserve the rings b/c we had the best season ever for osu". "bob stoops is getting afraid of the beast being built in stillwater."Yes, I'm sure Stoops is losing sleep worrying about the cowboys. We should just stop playing them altogether.

silverwheels
3/9/2011, 10:50 AM
I like the grammar smack from the fans of the school that accepted Dexter Manley. They are the dumbest fans in the country, or at least this part of the country.

jumperstop
3/9/2011, 11:01 AM
I like the grammar smack from the fans of the school that accepted Dexter Manley. They are the dumbest fans in the country, or at least this part of the country.

I remember reading one of the most incoherent ramblings ever from one of their recruits posting on osu's facebook page saying how he's coming to school and can't wait to be there. They didn't seem to think grammar was a big deal then.

I don't know if you guys made it to page three, there is some laughs there. Something about a flawed system and that I wasn't determined on the field. I thought it was determined on the field, do they not remember that last game?

ruf/nekdad
3/9/2011, 11:06 AM
Maybe next year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTAILFrBO0Y

deweydw
3/9/2011, 11:14 AM
Next year looks like it should be a special season

So they changed from "Next year will be our year." to a special season. They're special all right.

badger
3/9/2011, 11:17 AM

Nah, let him have that argument. And then ask, "Soooo... Dan Bailey still kicking field goals for ya then?"

Prepare to be :stunned:

cvsooner
3/9/2011, 12:15 PM
Well, technically, six points is two field goals, so he's right. But come on, the best moment in the entire history of the program for them was back to back wins over Bob Stoops. Stoops is responsible for nearly ten percent of OUrlosses to OSewe...so I can see why they continue to be delusionally hopeful.

BoulderSooner79
3/9/2011, 12:28 PM
Well, technically, six points is two field goals, so he's right. But come on, the best moment in the entire history of the program for them was back to back wins over Bob Stoops. Stoops is responsible for nearly ten percent of OUrlosses to OSewe...so I can see why they continue to be delusionally hopeful.

My math came out the same way - six points *is* two field goals. And for only losing by six, they get 2nd prize - an 'L'.

VoiceofReality
3/9/2011, 12:38 PM
I'd think a more Twitter-appropriate format for most of the Pokes blathering would be, simply, "Next Year."

As an added bonus, they'd never have to change it. They could just post it as appropriate.

rekamrettuB
3/9/2011, 12:55 PM

He also could have said a TD and a missed XP...or 3 safeties.

SoonerDomiNation
3/9/2011, 01:19 PM
Worlds greatest twitter.

usaosooner
3/9/2011, 01:22 PM
... I love me some Poke "Wait till next year" koolaid

champions77
3/9/2011, 01:27 PM
Gosh first Jesse Palmer said this during the Alamo Bowl game against Arizona, " In visiting with the osu coaches, they felt "they" should have been the ones playing Nebraska for the Big XII Championship", and now this stupid ring.

Ole Bobby will be jacked up for Bedlam this year. If there is anything that riles up Stoops, it's a perceived lack of respect for his team's accomplishments. And brother, the lack of respect doesn't get racheted up any higher then what these two incidents do.

I pity the damn pukes. There best chance for victory was to "sneak up" on OU this year. Now.....not going to happen.

And please, for those folks that cheer for both schools because they are both from Oklahoma, if you are stupid enough to cheer for osu too, then please just go be an Aggie. We don't need fans that stupid coming to Norman. Probably couldn't find their way to the stadium anyway.

mightysooner
3/9/2011, 07:55 PM
I love it when the Pokes have high expectations on them going into a season. History shoes it means they're guaranteed 3-4 losses.

Chiliman
3/9/2011, 08:26 PM
Last years game would have been a blowout but not for Landry having a brain fart first half. The puke coaches never really knew what to do against the 50 front. Don't forget one TD was a KO return too.

Bottom line, they will be very good on offense again and suck again on defense. After this ring crap, Bob will have them jacked and we wil blow them out.

BajaOklahoma
3/9/2011, 08:33 PM
I'd think a more Twitter-appropriate format for most of the Pokes blathering would be, simply, "Next Year."

As an added bonus, they'd never have to change it. They could just post it as appropriate.

It's officially "Wait 'til next year."
They've been using it for at least 40 years.

MamaMia
3/9/2011, 09:18 PM
I said it was the two 70-plus yard TD passes the legendary crappy oSu defense gave up.

:D

85sooners
3/10/2011, 01:16 AM
Cowboys are gay

CowboyMRW
3/10/2011, 01:54 AM
I remember reading one of the most incoherent ramblings ever from one of their recruits posting on osu's facebook page saying how he's coming to school and can't wait to be there. They didn't seem to think grammar was a big deal then.

I don't know if you guys made it to page three, there is some laughs there. Something about a flawed system and that I wasn't determined on the field. I thought it was determined on the field, do they not remember that last game?

I've drank a lot of alcohol just to forget that game so if they're anything like me... we don't remember that game.

Screw Dan Beebe!!!!! :D

sooner59
3/10/2011, 02:13 AM
I was at BP stadium for the high school state championships. Just a suggestion....when you enter a Big 12 stadium, gravel and picnic tables under the bleachers aren't the most classy thing to see. And the parking lot did enough damage to our car to warrant involving the insurance company. Tell Boone if that place is to be taken seriously, those issues might need to be addressed. On those issues alone, Tulsa Union has them beat.

Leroy Lizard
3/10/2011, 03:29 AM
Another thread had this gem:

Also, why are so many OU fans talking **** about it when the reason it is even a discussion is because they couldn't get the job done in conference and it had to go to a tiebreaker to put them in the championship. Should A&M fans be making fun of OU for accepting the Big 12's tiebreaker decision to allow them to play?

agoo758
3/10/2011, 09:32 AM
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=117990

I am now going to take the time to mention that the injury problem was reversed in 2009...... no actually, it was a LOT WORSE, and instead of losing and making twitter excuses, we simply go pound them in the dirt by 27.

agoo758
3/10/2011, 09:34 AM
He also could have said a TD and a missed XP...or 3 safeties.

Or two safety's and a blocked PAT returned for 2.

Or one safety and TWO blocked PAT's returned for 2.

Or......well, nevermind.

NormanPride
3/10/2011, 11:23 AM
:stunned: The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

:eddie:Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

:les:When I'm stuck a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!

[hairGel]The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

MiccoMacey
3/10/2011, 03:55 PM
And please, for those folks that cheer for both schools because they are both from Oklahoma, if you are stupid enough to cheer for osu too, then please just go be an Aggie. We don't need fans that stupid coming to Norman. Probably couldn't find their way to the stadium anyway.

I'm gonna do me, and I'm gonna let you do you.

If I wanted a big brother, I wouldn't have shot mine.

Landthief 1972
3/10/2011, 04:27 PM
My math came out the same way - six points *is* two field goals. And for only losing by six, they get 2nd prize - an 'L'.

An "L" and an unintentionally ironic gaudy ring. Maybe they're trying to be hipsters. :D