PDA

View Full Version : Why Do I Have a Negative Rep??

jdsooner
3/9/2011, 03:20 AM
Someone asked me about my negative reputation. I have received green from most people, but one day I ticked off some sponsor/moderator type because I do not share his political views and dared to express my own. He turned my reputation red. It seems ironic that having a bad reputation is red, since we are the Big Red and not the Big Green!

It brings to mind George Constanza's line in The Little Kicks episode: "I'm a bad man!"

I find this whole "reputation" thing ridiculous. It's not like I am banned from Sooner games or I have a wanted poster up at the post office. I haven't had to go into hiding yet and I haven't lost all my Facebook friends.

In the immortal words of my hero (who also has a red line rep): "I have one speed, one gear. [I survived] because I'm me. I'm different. I have a different constitution, I have a different brain, I have a different heart. I got tiger blood, man. Dying's for fools, dying's for amateurs."

yermom
3/9/2011, 03:25 AM
huh?

(now you are just asking for a neg ;))

jdsooner
3/9/2011, 03:27 AM
I'm a bad man with tiger's blood--bring it on!

Blue
3/9/2011, 03:47 AM
I wonder who you pissed off? :confused:

Curly Bill
3/9/2011, 05:12 AM
Beats me, but I negged him again just for kicks! :D

Crucifax Autumn
3/9/2011, 06:36 AM
Who cares? Like I've been saying elsewhere it's just a friggin' game really and nothing to be taken as seriously as some do. Just post and enjoy the place and like me you'll go from red to respected in no time. The more anyone cries, the redder they get. and the more they whine and take the little dots seriously the more they become a joke.

OKLA21FAN
3/9/2011, 09:02 AM
Someone asked me about my negative reputation.

1st rule broken :pop:

OUmillenium
3/9/2011, 09:21 AM
Suck the bloody end of my negstick whiner

OUthunder
3/9/2011, 09:23 AM

Me too

tcrb
3/9/2011, 09:27 AM
Someone asked me about my negative reputation. I have received green from most people, but one day I ticked off some sponsor/moderator type because I do not share his political views and dared to express my own. He turned my reputation red. It seems ironic that having a bad reputation is red, since we are the Big Red and not the Big Green!

It brings to mind George Constanza's line in The Little Kicks episode: "I'm a bad man!"

I find this whole "reputation" thing ridiculous. It's not like I am banned from Sooner games or I have a wanted poster up at the post office. I haven't had to go into hiding yet and I haven't lost all my Facebook friends.

In the immortal words of my hero (who also has a red line rep): "I have one speed, one gear. [I survived] because I'm me. I'm different. I have a different constitution, I have a different brain, I have a different heart. I got tiger blood, man. Dying's for fools, dying's for amateurs."

I heard that if you complain loud enough and to the right people that you can get the person who's negging you banned.
:pop:

picasso
3/9/2011, 10:11 AM
Who cares? Like I've been saying elsewhere it's just a friggin' game really and nothing to be taken as seriously as some do. Just post and enjoy the place and like me you'll go from red to respected in no time. The more anyone cries, the redder they get. and the more they whine and take the little dots seriously the more they become a joke.

Yeah unless there's some real hateful comments attached. I've watched this drama from afar and the posse isn't exactly innocent here.

HBick
3/9/2011, 11:05 AM
I have a belly button.

STUpendOUs
3/9/2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah unless there's some real hateful comments attached. I've watched this drama from afar and the posse isn't exactly innocent here.

I highly doubt that SoCali bitched to a mod...just say'n

saucysoonergal
3/9/2011, 11:26 AM
When it comes to rep, the redder you are, the more tiger blood you have.

Boomer.....
3/9/2011, 11:37 AM
I have a belly button.

Yeah but it's an outie.

HBick
3/9/2011, 11:41 AM
Yeah but it's an outie.

Shhhh! You weren't supposed to tell anyone, I don't want them knowing that I'm a freak

badger
3/9/2011, 11:44 AM
I hit you with a few greens just for the heck of it... but nothing will get you red faster than complaining about spek. Sorry, just an unwritten rule :P

If it really bothers you, PM a mod and they may have sympathy on you. Or, become a sponsor and one of your sponsor gifts is the ability to disable your spek rating.

Bourbon St Sooner
3/9/2011, 11:49 AM
I once got negged, just to see what it feels like.

3rdgensooner
3/9/2011, 11:51 AM
I once got negged, just to see what it feels like.A lot of people experiment in college.

SoCaliSooner
3/9/2011, 11:55 AM
I'm fairly sure I wasn't involved in any way at all with any of it.

soonerchk
3/9/2011, 12:00 PM
Can't you just turn your spekker off?

STUpendOUs
3/9/2011, 12:03 PM
I'm fairly sure I wasn't involved in any way at all with any of it.

Although there was little effort exerted on your part... the above statement is not all together accurate from what I was told...
:D

STUpendOUs
3/9/2011, 12:04 PM

Yeah Become a SF.com Sponsor and you get all sorts of funky privileges....
:rolleyes:

DIB
3/9/2011, 12:09 PM

Or you could just ignore it. Since, you know, it doesn't matter.

soonerbub
3/9/2011, 12:09 PM
http://www.krishnamoorthi.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/fight-club-soap.jpg

C&CDean
3/9/2011, 12:13 PM

A "sponsor/mod type?" I doubt it. If you're a dick you'll get negged. If you whine about neg you'll get negged. If you care one iota about neg you're a dildo. Them's the rules.

C&CDean
3/9/2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah Become a SF.com Sponsor and you get all sorts of funky privileges....
:rolleyes:

See, Stu is a dick. Neg.

C&CDean
3/9/2011, 12:14 PM
I forgot to add that my spekker is huge.

tcrb
3/9/2011, 12:19 PM
Does that mean you are a Mega-negger?

OKLA21FAN
3/9/2011, 01:29 PM
Does that mean you are a Mega-negger?

http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/thats-racist.gif

Breadburner
3/9/2011, 01:29 PM

Do you have to look in a mirror to see it.......:D

Fraggle145
3/9/2011, 01:32 PM

yep.

soonerchk
3/9/2011, 01:33 PM

Can you still see your feet?

3rdgensooner
3/9/2011, 01:37 PM
I'm more interested in thumb size.

Boomer.....
3/9/2011, 01:41 PM
I'm more interested in thumb size.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5941/kinky.gif

C&CDean
3/9/2011, 01:45 PM
Can you still see your feet?

I can't even see your feet.

STUpendOUs
3/9/2011, 01:50 PM
See, Stu is a dick. Neg.

But yer old lady never negs my dick.... :P

STUpendOUs
3/9/2011, 01:50 PM

artificially enhanced I am sure...

C&CDean
3/9/2011, 01:52 PM
Red card for Senor Penishead.

Boomer.....
3/9/2011, 01:54 PM
heh

soonerchk
3/9/2011, 01:57 PM
I can't even see your feet.

Well that's disappointing because my shoes are adorable.

Penguin
3/9/2011, 02:00 PM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

OULenexaman
3/9/2011, 02:03 PM
Red card for Senor Penishead.

you been hackin off a lot of spekkers today. :D

3rdgensooner
3/9/2011, 02:04 PM
C&CBobbitt

MamaMia
3/9/2011, 02:15 PM

In the immortal words of my hero (who also has a red line rep): "I have one speed, one gear. [I survived] because I'm me. I'm different. I have a different constitution, I have a different brain, I have a different heart. I got tiger blood, man. Dying's for fools, dying's for amateurs."A mod committed neg jihad on you? :confused:

SoCaliSooner
3/9/2011, 02:22 PM
A mod committed neg jihad on you? :confused:

I think when it's posse..it's more tobacco spit than jihad...

btk108
3/9/2011, 02:28 PM
I think when it's posse..it's more tobacco spit than jihad...

There you go thinking again......

picasso
3/9/2011, 06:10 PM

Who?

Scott D
3/9/2011, 06:12 PM
When it comes to rep, the redder you are, the more tiger blood you have.

I've got more tiger blood than anyone not named Charlie Sheen...

MamaMia
3/9/2011, 06:24 PM
Someone asked me about my negative reputation. I have received green from most people, but one day I ticked off some sponsor/moderator type because I do not share his political views and dared to express my own. He turned my reputation red. It seems ironic that having a bad reputation is red, since we are the Big Red and not the Big Green!.................

Unless you tell me who it was, I'm going to neg you. I hate teasers. :D

Scott D
3/9/2011, 06:26 PM
I did it.

MamaMia
3/9/2011, 06:26 PM
I did it.

You did not. :D

StoopTroup
3/9/2011, 06:28 PM

Dude you let the secret out. :D

Scott D
3/9/2011, 06:28 PM
sure I did....jd is a representative of xenu so I had to represent for the tiger blood

SoonerStormchaser
3/9/2011, 06:30 PM
Apparently, we have a photo of certain folks who take getting negged a little too hard:
http://net4baby.com/baby/images/stories/main/crying_baby.jpg

Then they hit that triangle button over there...and longtime posters get a vacation. Then they gloat that they have such an influence that they helped get the longtime poster bained.

And the rest of us think this:
http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/celebrity-pictures-alec-guinness-whiny-bitch.jpg

That's negging in a nutshell.

Scott D
3/9/2011, 06:32 PM
I still think you're a whiny little bitch.

StoopTroup
3/9/2011, 06:35 PM
xanadu>xenu

btk108
3/9/2011, 07:24 PM
Apparently, we have a photo of certain folks who take getting negged a little too hard:
http://net4baby.com/baby/images/stories/main/crying_baby.jpg

Wrong...it's this one

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/1632/outexas1.jpg

StoopTroup
3/9/2011, 07:28 PM
I had a pic of that but the Sooner Baby was offering the whorn whiner a BCS sucker. :D

StoopTroup
3/9/2011, 07:29 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_trNXEJH1uDA/ST2dtt6sqSI/AAAAAAAAAe4/k3zX4k84BAw/s320/OU+with+Texas+crying+baby

btk108
3/9/2011, 07:34 PM
ST....nice.....could be burnt orange or halloween orange....those that wanna whine...go hang out on those boards, you'll fit right in with the imaginary championship banners and rings.

StoopTroup
3/9/2011, 07:36 PM
ST....nice.....could be burnt orange or halloween orange....those that wanna whine...go hang out on those boards, you'll fit right in with the imaginary championship banners and rings.

I've got no idea what that means.

C&CDean
3/9/2011, 07:37 PM
Carl's a drinkin again.

btk108
3/9/2011, 07:38 PM
I've got no idea what that means.

c'mere n I'll splain it to you

Pogue Mahone
3/9/2011, 07:38 PM
I negged a man in Reno just to watch him die.

btk108
3/9/2011, 07:39 PM
heh...nope...just watching the game and posting

C&CDean
3/9/2011, 07:41 PM
We maybe oughta start a BB thread here on the SO. It's looking good, but I'm afraid to say anything.

Collier11
3/9/2011, 08:01 PM
Oh Sh*t

Soonerus
3/9/2011, 08:17 PM
I see stu being his normal stu self...

Turd_Ferguson
3/9/2011, 08:19 PM
heh...nope...just watching the game and postingLeave Nope outta this...

Collier11
3/9/2011, 08:22 PM
I love this place most of the time but good grief there are a lot of babies. Its a Red Dot, that is it. Weve all been negged before, eventually you have to "get it"

btk108
3/9/2011, 08:24 PM
Nope scares me

Collier11
3/9/2011, 08:25 PM
so does p to v intercourse

BudSooner
3/9/2011, 08:34 PM
I love this place most of the time but good grief there are a lot of babies. Its a Red Dot, that is it. Weve all been negged before, eventually you have to "get it"
+ Infinity!

Hell I don't even read or care what REPUTATION someone gives me, can't spend it or save it....it won't save my life or give me cancer, I don't receive pleasure or pain from it so who gives a royal **** about it?
Honestly if the worse thing in your life is KC/Vet/Thunder et al giving you a little red then I recommend reading a book and giving the site a rest, get back in touch with reality.

btk108
3/9/2011, 08:37 PM
so does p to v intercourse

apparently you're too scared to type it :D

jdsooner
3/9/2011, 09:32 PM
The point of the thread who that I don't give a rip what the other members of this board think about what I say. Spek don't mean s***!

SicEmBaylor
3/9/2011, 09:35 PM
Why Do I Have a Negative Rep??

Because you suck?

OU_Sooners75
3/9/2011, 09:35 PM
The point of the thread who that I don't give a rip what the other members of this board think about what I say. Spek don't mean s***!

If it dont mean ****...then why in the hell did you start this thread?

I havent negged you yet...but for it not meaning anything to you...why start a damn thread about it?

Must be a Mack Brown Clone!:mack:

CrimsonJim
3/9/2011, 09:56 PM
:pop:

jdsooner
3/9/2011, 09:56 PM
If it dont mean ****...then why in the hell did you start this thread?

I havent negged you yet...but for it not meaning anything to you...why start a damn thread about it?

Must be a Mack Brown Clone!:mack:

Why not? What do you care?

StoopTroup
3/9/2011, 10:16 PM
I negged a man in Reno just to watch him die.

65 posts and he's already a candidate to be a Posse Member. Right there is what Crux is talkin' about. :D

soonerinkaty
3/9/2011, 10:20 PM
I have positive rep because I have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

StoopTroup
3/9/2011, 10:25 PM
I purchased mine from this guy Doleo hooked me up with. I will always have his back just like STEP has Collier's back. :D

Blue
3/9/2011, 11:22 PM

Buuuulll****. You guys(Not you Collier) take it to another level. Nobody can respond bc there not in on a 5 man neg fest. Some deserve it, some don't.

It'll **** you off though to open your usercp and find 800 negspecks from someone who spent all night searching out your posts to do it. Quit acting like its not something to get pissed about.

BudSooner
3/10/2011, 06:03 AM
Buuuulll****. You guys(Not you Collier) take it to another level. Nobody can respond bc there not in on a 5 man neg fest. Some deserve it, some don't.

It'll **** you off though to open your usercp and find 800 negspecks from someone who spent all night searching out your posts to do it. Quit acting like its not something to get pissed about.
I can't recall seeing members of a board get all pissed over something as meaningless as getting negged.

If someone indeed spends all night searching your posts just to respond to something you might have said, well I recommend that poster needs to get a ****ing life. I would expect something like this on an aggy board but not this one.

StoopTroup
3/10/2011, 08:34 AM
It doesn't take all night to search for someone's posts.

It's a few clicks of the mouse and you can only give out around 100 Speks in a 24 hour period.

I think some of this is a huge misunderstanding of how the whole feature works and since some folks haven't been around long enough or ever put the time into figuring it out....they start whining or posting about things they really have very little understanding of.

Now....if you wake up one morning with 800 neg SPEKS....it means at least 8 people think you are a doosh.

I think that should cover lesson One.

STUpendOUs
3/10/2011, 02:47 PM
I see stu being his normal stu self...

Shut up Rus

http://img.youtube.com/vi/mk74WprmZxY/0.jpg

SoCaliSooner
3/10/2011, 02:59 PM
Now....if you wake up one morning with 800 neg SPEKS....it means the whole trailer park thinks you are a doosh.

I think that should cover lesson One.

Got it....

StoopTroup
3/10/2011, 03:12 PM
they are shacks dumbass pay attention

SoCaliSooner
3/10/2011, 03:13 PM
they are shacks dumbass pay attention

My mistake...I didn't mean to assail the mobility or lack thereof....

Lawton4Life
3/10/2011, 04:52 PM
If they outlaw spekkers, only outlaws will have spekkers

Scott D
3/10/2011, 07:03 PM
I didn't think this thread could get more retarded than the OP...the OPer proved me wrong.

SoonerStormchaser
3/10/2011, 08:09 PM
Scott...lesson 1: Never doubt the retartedness will decrease in any thread that bitches and moans about spek. You will leave feeling dumber for having expected it...

Crucifax Autumn
3/10/2011, 08:19 PM
65 posts and he's already a candidate to be a Posse Member. Right there is what Crux is talkin' about. :D

Heh.

Scott D
3/10/2011, 08:27 PM
Scott...lesson 1: Never doubt the retartedness will decrease in any thread that bitches and moans about spek. You will leave feeling dumber for having expected it...

HE DOESN'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK! BUT YET HE KEEPS POSTING THAT HE DOESN'T CARE...HE HAS NO TIGER BLOOD, HE HAS LEMMING BLOOD

OutlandTrophy
3/10/2011, 08:27 PM
I think it's great that you can spend 3 seconds to make a public comment and it forces someone to spend 10 minutes of their life trying to be mean to you or whatever it's supposed to mean.

You really have control of that person when you make them spend their time to neg you. It's pretty fun.

Crucifax Autumn
3/10/2011, 08:32 PM
10 minutes? I could turn the average user here red in about 45 seconds.

Curly Bill
3/10/2011, 08:37 PM
45 seconds? Pfffffttt...amateur.

STUpendOUs
3/10/2011, 08:46 PM
10 minutes? I could turn the average user here red in about 45 seconds.

45 seconds? Pfffffttt...amateur.

No doubt... Dean obliterated me with one swipe of his artificially enhanced spekker... even got some in my hair... dick

CrimsonJim
3/10/2011, 08:57 PM
You got some in your dick hair? :confused:

SoonerStormchaser
3/10/2011, 09:15 PM
HE DOESN'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK! BUT YET HE KEEPS POSTING THAT HE DOESN'T CARE...HE HAS NO TIGER BLOOD, HE HAS LEMMING BLOOD

He's all about...DUH! LOSING!

Fraggle145
3/10/2011, 09:18 PM
This thread makes my dick hard.

StoopTroup
3/10/2011, 09:54 PM
it's been over 30 minutes and I guess nobody has anything to say after Fraggle exposed hisself.....lol

Scott D
3/10/2011, 10:11 PM
Fraggle has that effect on people...especially the ladies.

SCOUT
3/10/2011, 10:12 PM
This thread makes my dick hard.

What doesn't?

Soonerus
3/10/2011, 10:15 PM
What is the purpose ??

OU_Sooners75
3/10/2011, 10:17 PM
Why not? What do you care?

LOL...you're just an attention whore aren't you?

OU_Sooners75
3/10/2011, 10:19 PM

:gary:

Fraggle145
3/10/2011, 10:28 PM
What doesn't?

Good point. :O

StoopTroup
3/10/2011, 10:29 PM
I'd throw in a few pics here to test you but Phil doesn't allow them.....

yankee
3/10/2011, 10:31 PM
Why Do I have a Negative Rep??

OU_Sooners75
3/10/2011, 10:34 PM
Why Do I have a Negative Rep??

Because the Yankees Suck!:D

yankee
3/10/2011, 10:38 PM
Because the Yankees Suck!:D

;)

OutlandTrophy
3/11/2011, 09:17 AM
it's the small things in life that make me smile

I received this PM from a Posse fella.

I negged some guy on the football board and he proceeded to fill my whole cp with negs... Can you send me your number again?

Is irony the word I'm looking for here?

Crucifax Autumn
3/11/2011, 10:49 PM
I guess it depends on the full context of the situation leading up to that PM right?

SanJoaquinSooner
3/11/2011, 10:57 PM
Don't believe it! All this talk about neg being harmless! It's a trap! They want you to become complacent and cocky while they're over at the hideout planning spek jihad! They're neg addicts who need fixes! They'll lie, cheat, and steal to get a fix. Notice how they swarm these type of threads like buzzards.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JWRaqDnEIzk/R-CF99p7vZI/AAAAAAAAAGw/FFn3VsC0-lI/s320/twilight_zone_to_serve_man.jpg
The things they say have double meanings.

http://writerinspired.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/stepford-wives_l.jpg
They are very different from how they appear.

http://globestmultiviews.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/invasion-of-the-body-snatchers.jpg
They’re out to nail you!

OU_Sooners75
3/12/2011, 02:52 AM
Don't believe it! All this talk about neg being harmless! It's a trap! They want you to become complacent and cocky while they're over at the hideout planning spek jihad! They're neg addicts who need fixes! They'll lie, cheat, and steal to get a fix. Notice how they swarm these type of threads like buzzards.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JWRaqDnEIzk/R-CF99p7vZI/AAAAAAAAAGw/FFn3VsC0-lI/s320/twilight_zone_to_serve_man.jpg
The things they say have double meanings.

http://writerinspired.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/stepford-wives_l.jpg
They are very different from how they appear.

http://globestmultiviews.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/invasion-of-the-body-snatchers.jpg
They’re out to nail you!

:gary:

:D

Crucifax Autumn
3/12/2011, 04:22 AM
I'm just wondering where he found that first pic of me. So tell us Juan...Where did you steal our secret pictures?

SanJoaquinSooner
3/12/2011, 07:50 AM
I'm just wondering where he found that first pic of me. So tell us Juan...Where did you steal our secret pictures?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149129

Veritas
3/12/2011, 08:04 AM
http://www.coderetard.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/super-retard.JPG