PDA

View Full Version : Would this worry you guys?

jkjsooner
3/8/2011, 11:14 PM
I have this little puzzle for my son. When a puzzle piece is put into place a magnet triggers a noise. So, when the fire truck is put into place it plays a siren.

Just tonight I noticed the train in the puzzle goes off when I turn off a light. Keep in mind I've put the darn thing in the middle of the floor so it's not close to any wiring.

Should I be extremely concerned about this? Should I be getting enough EMF leakage to trigger a magnetic puzzle sitting 10 feet away to play noise?

The creepy thing is that if I turn off lights from across the room it plays a difference puzzle noise. I'm 1% worried about ghosts ;-) and 99% worried about a fire. (I don't own the house.)

jkjsooner
3/8/2011, 11:24 PM
Maybe it's caused by a magnetic field induced by the rapidly changing electric field in the light bulb itself? I've just never noticed it before.

Maybe if I shield the bulb itself I can see if it sets off the toy when I turn the switch off.

jkjsooner
3/8/2011, 11:29 PM
Duh, I'm such an idiot. The sensors on the toy are optical so the lights going off trigger the noise. Still don't know why it's never hapened before.

starclassic tama
3/9/2011, 12:13 AM
have you ever seen paranormal activity? you should be scared...

Leroy Lizard
3/9/2011, 12:28 AM
Ike didn't even have a chance to pull out his copy of Jackson.

proud gonzo
3/9/2011, 08:44 PM
bump.