PDA

View Full Version : DT Vincent Valentine, Class of 2012

Adrian
3/8/2011, 05:49 PM
6'4" 308 lbs from Edwardsville, Illinois. Laughing at the tape from about 1:05 to 1:19-RB isn't wrapped up, and goes to the ten yard line. Highlight tapes usually don't show warts like that...

oQWwU5MFCJo

bixby28
3/8/2011, 07:31 PM
He shut down some of those plays so fast I couldn't find him on the film.

Sooner74
3/8/2011, 10:00 PM
He also missed some tackles.

birddog
3/8/2011, 10:15 PM
He also missed some tackles.

:eek:

Curly Bill
3/8/2011, 10:15 PM
These days anyone that doesn't miss tackles is an anomaly. Tackling is a bit of a lost art with these young-uns.

Sooner74
3/9/2011, 05:04 AM
These days anyone that doesn't miss tackles is an anomaly. Tackling is a bit of a lost art with these young-uns.

Agreed and I am by no means an expert, that might be why I'm not a recruiter. I did however get the impression that he lacked discipline. I know I am being critical of someone that probably will end up being a great player somewhere, but he shoots up the field which is a big no-no for DT's. It's great to get up the field after you read what is happening, but it would be easy to counter this kid my running a trap and earholing this kid.

That is my opinion. I am sure he is a very good player though and I'm probably 100% wrong, so don't jump on me for it.

Curly Bill
3/9/2011, 05:10 AM
Depends on what type of defense a team is running, and what the coaches want. In some schemes the DT is supposed to hold his ground and control a gap. In some schemes the DT is supposed to get up the field and disrupt.

Widescreen
3/10/2011, 11:29 AM
I'm also not sure about a highlight where someone else makes a tackle and you just fall on the pile.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/13/2011, 02:14 AM
Weren't Mo Dampeer and some 4-star linebacker we recruited also from Illinois? Ther linebacker never made grades at a JUCO he attended, and never made it to OU.

Curly Bill
3/13/2011, 09:00 AM
Chris Patterson was a 5-star linebacker.

...and yeah, Mo was from somewhere up yonder.

3/13/2011, 10:57 AM
Chris Patterson was a 5-star linebacker.

...and yeah, Mo was from somewhere up yonder.Hey, if 16 Wonderlik Radio is smart eough to make grades at the cows, and can learn plays in the pros, where's Patterson these days? Also, if I remember correctly, Dampeer transferred to Illinois. A couple of Google prospects, for sure.

The latest info I could google about Patterson were his stats playing for Kansas State in 2007.

Here's an article about Dampeer at NW Missouri State, weighing maybe 450 lbs. http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/324/former-sooner-standout-dampeer-rounding-into-shape

A recent message board thread about Dampeer http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146&f=2445&t=7297671

sooneron
3/15/2011, 10:49 AM
Get the facts straight. Patterson never got to OU b/c of bad counseling (OU staff) he got on which courses to complete to qual. It didn't have anything to do with the grades that he received in miamuh.

3/15/2011, 11:18 AM
Get the facts straight. Patterson never got to OU b/c of bad counseling (OU staff) he got on which courses to complete to qual. It didn't have anything to do with the grades that he received in miamuh.Like1)what you say is accurate, and 2)Why the anger?