PDA

View Full Version : Update on Lidig8r

usaosooner
3/8/2011, 02:10 PM
ME:someone needs to log back on SF & take their medicine...

Lidig8r lulz... I have gracefully retired from that site.

Soonerwake
3/8/2011, 02:17 PM
Good riddance.. Now if only Herr would go away.. And that poke...

Herr Scholz
3/8/2011, 02:20 PM
Good riddance.. Now if only Herr would go away.. And that poke...

What fun is a site where everyone agrees all the time? And I try to be respectful over here. Lid's good people btw.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/8/2011, 02:21 PM
I like both LId and Herr....

C&CDean
3/8/2011, 02:23 PM
Sometimes I wonder if they're the same girl.

OUmillenium
3/8/2011, 02:24 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh!

BoulderSooner79
3/8/2011, 02:25 PM
What fun is a site where everyone agrees all the time?...

I wouldn't know since that never happens here.

Herr Scholz
3/8/2011, 02:30 PM

Gracias. This is by far the best Sooner site IMO.

Herr Scholz
3/8/2011, 02:32 PM
Sometimes I wonder if they're the same girl.

What's up, Dean?

OU Engineer
3/8/2011, 02:32 PM
Gracefully retired? I saw no press conference or memorandum or two week notice...

NOVSooner
3/8/2011, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't know since that never happens here.

True statement

saucysoonergal
3/8/2011, 02:43 PM
He is probably ironing his kilt or something.

SoonerStormchaser
3/8/2011, 02:49 PM
He is probably ironing his kilt or something.

No...just his bowtie.

KantoSooner
3/8/2011, 02:50 PM
Gracefully retired? I saw no press conference or memorandum or two week notice...

Yeah, I thought the same thing. His 'graceful retirement' seemed to correspond with a string of shocking losses in which his team played really terrible, uninspired football.

In this case, 'graceful retirement' is equivalent to 'deciding on a career change' upon reading your pink slip.

NormanPride
3/8/2011, 02:56 PM
I'll miss Lid. He was a pretty cool dude other than being a horn.

BigTime1
3/8/2011, 02:57 PM
What fun is a site where everyone agrees all the time? And I try to be respectful over here. Lid's good people btw.

gotta agree there...I kinda likeem bein here...makes for better entertainment

badger
3/8/2011, 02:58 PM
He'll unretire when Mack retires :mack:

Breadburner
3/8/2011, 03:07 PM
He will be back when they start winning again.......

Widescreen
3/8/2011, 03:13 PM
As long as Hook Em Horns doesn't return, I'm good.

Sooner74
3/8/2011, 03:14 PM
Trust me while the horns are away us Sooners will play. It is refreshing not seeing a Texas post every day.

NormanPride
3/8/2011, 03:16 PM
HEH was a master troll, and I loved seeing him get everyone in a tizzy. The new SF.com needs that kind of unity against one person, IMO.

Wishboned
3/8/2011, 03:36 PM
Lid and Herr seem like good people. They just probably didn't have the proper guidance growing up, and that's why they're horn fans. They're just products of their environment.

Same with CowboyMRW.

MamaMia
3/8/2011, 03:37 PM
I like Lid. He has a great sense of fashion, and good taste in liquor. :)

Herr Scholz
3/8/2011, 03:39 PM
Lid and Herr seem like good people. They just probably didn't have the proper guidance growing up, and that's why they're horn fans. They're just products of their environment.

Same with CowboyMRW.
Thanks. I'd even be willing to go out on a limb and say you'd like virtually tens of our fanbase.

NormanPride
3/8/2011, 03:40 PM
Let's not go too far there, buddy.

KantoSooner
3/8/2011, 03:44 PM
Since we're all being cuddly, I'll admit that the further you get away from this part of the country, the more I find myself hanging out with people from Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana. Hell, even Kansas and Nebraska.

I have fond memories of a guy from Texas whose Thai girlfriend was very petit and had a tendency to get wobbly legged after an evenings libations. There is something heart warming in seeing a man striding home from the bar with a young woman stylishly tossed over his shoulder. Made me proud to be a Southwestern American.

Herr Scholz
3/8/2011, 03:45 PM
Well, we do like a good party and we enjoy girls who romance each other. Just sayin.

soonerboomer93
3/8/2011, 03:46 PM
HEH was a master troll, and I loved seeing him get everyone in a tizzy. The new SF.com needs that kind of unity against one person, IMO.

That person is leroy

BoulderSooner79
3/8/2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks. I'd even be willing to go out on a limb and say you'd like virtually tens of our fanbase.

I really liked the "make it stop" guy. In fact, I seem to like lots of horn fans when our guys put 60+ on the board.

CowboyMRW
3/8/2011, 03:50 PM

Same with CowboyMRW.

Thanks man. I like to hear that :)

picasso
3/8/2011, 05:51 PM

Dude, he's eating big time crow after the crap he posted during our season in '09.
It's epic. Even for a honky in a bowtie.

Leroy Lizard
3/8/2011, 05:55 PM
What fun is a site where everyone agrees all the time?

You won't have to worry about that.

Leroy Lizard
3/8/2011, 05:56 PM

Ahem.

Scott D
3/8/2011, 06:09 PM
As long as Hook Em Horns doesn't return, I'm good.

wasn't it caphorns who used to get people real riled up.

MamaMia
3/8/2011, 06:27 PM
Lid has been a member of this board long before some of you n00bs were even old enough to have your own meltdowns. Lest we forget, it hasn't been too long since many of us were all having our own meltdowns of some sort; maybe not to the degree of Lids meltdown, but in Lids defense...they do things big in Texas. :D

StoopTroup
3/8/2011, 06:51 PM
Where was the post where he gracefully retired?

SoCaliSooner
3/8/2011, 07:16 PM
Lid has been a member of this board long before some of you n00bs were even old enough to have your own meltdowns. Lest we forget, it hasn't been too long since many of us were all having our own meltdowns of some sort; :D

What posessess people to have meltdowns on the internet? Somebody posts something you don't like and you get all Incredible Hulk. I have never understood it.

Nobody on the innernets is hurting your family, not paying your bills, firing you from your job...so why melt down?

MamaMia
3/8/2011, 07:20 PM
What posessess people to have meltdowns on the internet? Somebody posts something you don't like and you get all Incredible Hulk. I have never understood it.

Nobody on the innernets is hurting your family, not paying your bills, firing you from your job...so why melt down?No no no. I'm talking about the 'My team lost" meltdowns. :D
Where was the post where he gracefully retired?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145977

I thought thats what Leroy Lizard was for. :P

SoCaliSooner
3/8/2011, 07:23 PM
No no no. I'm talking about the 'My team lost" meltdowns. :D
Again, why melt down?

Maybe I don't get the need to rant online about a loss...

oudavid1
3/8/2011, 07:26 PM
I dont mind the horns and pokes.

MamaMia
3/8/2011, 07:27 PM
Again, why melt down?

Maybe I don't get the need to rant online about a loss...Its called venting. You don't go nutso when we lose? Even I do that. I am so not myself until Tuesday. Whats the matter with you? :D

agoo758
3/8/2011, 07:34 PM
What fun is a site where everyone agrees all the time?

That's what Leroy is for, and while he is entertainingly ridiculable, you and Lid are just annoying.

BOOMERBRADLEY
3/8/2011, 07:35 PM
I said it in the recruiting forum.

I will take 1,000 Herrs over one idiotic aggie that does nothing but spews "gooner" hate

Scott D
3/8/2011, 07:38 PM
Personally I miss SAF.

C&CDean
3/8/2011, 07:39 PM
Herr's OK. He gave me a kidney once. The BJ was better though...

MamaMia
3/8/2011, 08:13 PM
Herr's OK. He gave me a kidney once. The BJ was better though...Remember that time I totally lost it after TGOWWDNS? I said I would never go to a bowl game ever ever again. Then you said I would go to the next one and be okay by noon on Tuesday? :D

C&CDean
3/8/2011, 08:27 PM
Remember that time I totally lost it after TGOWWDNS? I said I would never go to a bowl game ever ever again. Then you said I would go to the next one and be okay by noon on Tuesday? :D

I do. And you did. And you were.

I only vent at the house. Never in front of people or on the board. By the time I'm ready to be presented to the public I have regained my royal grace. Nobody wants to really see me vent. It ain't pretty.

tcrb
3/8/2011, 08:33 PM
Most whorns are alot easier to tolerate after they've been fed a hearty slice of humble pie. They're especially tolerable at the moment, because last season they were fed the whole pie. :D

MamaMia
3/8/2011, 08:34 PM
I do. And you did. And you were.

I only vent at the house. Never in front of people or on the board. By the time I'm ready to be presented to the public I have regained my royal grace. Nobody wants to really see me vent. It ain't pretty. I argued with you about that but in the end... Yes, I did and I was.

I couldn't help but be amazed at how you nailed the exact time I started being optimistic again. What do you...keep a chart on peoples meltdown habits? :D

A Sooner in Texas
3/8/2011, 08:44 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145977

This is what's called a graceful retirement?

AlbqSooner
3/8/2011, 09:07 PM
I dont mind the horns and pokes.

Ahhh David. To be young and idealistic again. You will learn in time grasshopper.;)

BudSooner
3/8/2011, 09:28 PM
Well, we do like a good party and we enjoy girls who romance each other. Just sayin.^^ Plus infinity. :D

BudSooner
3/8/2011, 09:31 PM
wasn't it caphorns who used to get people real riled up.Hell yes, I always thought he was someones troll....and still do.

colleyvillesooner
3/8/2011, 09:48 PM
He will be back the next time we lose to them. Book it.

StoopTroup
3/8/2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the link. Where's the graceful one?

aero
3/8/2011, 09:58 PM
funny how time softens the edges. Lid may be good people but he also was a prick of the highest order. Living in the heart of hornland, I know lots of them and most aren't a bad lot. Herr's always struck me as ok. My best friend is horn thru and thru. Every fan base has some bad fans and texas has Lid. Internet blowhard that got his jollies off coming on here with his self-aggrandizing pontification only to seek the first rock to hide under when the going got rough. Good riddance.

MamaMia
3/8/2011, 10:35 PM
Lid does what he does and says what he says to get y'all going. Hes been doing it for years and years. Hes good at it, and I for one hope he never stops. Its damn entertaining and you really have to know your stats to put him in his place too. Hes brutal when they've beaten us, but would you really want it any other way? After an OU RRR victory we have all had our fun at his expense as well. Theres only one of him and a whole pack of us. Hes a pretty good sport. :D

Collier11
3/8/2011, 10:36 PM

Neither of them bother me, I just think it is weak sauce that LID bailed after he opened his mouth and his own team owned him

goingoneight
3/8/2011, 10:38 PM
Did :mack: let Lid go, too?

PDXsooner
3/8/2011, 11:34 PM
Where's couchman?

MamaMia
3/8/2011, 11:38 PM
I don't believe he'll stay gone.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
3/9/2011, 12:09 AM
Hypothetical scenario (with quiz following):

Imagine you are a regular poster on some sort of Internet discussion forum, and you learn that you will soon be traveling on a business trip to a city that one of your fellow posters obviously hails from, judging by her handle.

So you PM this fellow poster asking for restaurant recommendations in her home city, outlining your requirements.

Despite the fact that you are a fan of the hated rival of Said Poster's alma mater, in the spirit of goodwill, Said Poster responds to the best of her knowledge according to local reputation and opinion, but readily confesses that she doesn't frequent many restaurants that correspond to your requirements due to geographical and financial considerations.

Your response to this sincere attempt at assistance is: Nothing. Not a "thank you," or even a "thanks anyway," not even a "kiss my ***," "go to hell," or "get religion."

You are:

a) in possession of very bad manners
b) a bodily opening facilitating the discharge of fecal matter
c) Lid
d) all of the above.

Bonus question: If you disappear from the forum from whence you originally pm'd Said Poster with your question, will she give even a miniature rat's ***?

agoo758
3/9/2011, 12:25 AM
I don't believe he'll stay gone.

He'll be back to talk trash when they win their first game against the almighty Rice......:mad:

Leroy Lizard
3/9/2011, 12:26 AM
So Lid got the runs after frequenting a San Diego restaurant. :D

cleller
3/9/2011, 08:14 AM
After his posts about his bow tie collection, fondness for men's fragrances, and tales of Texas lawyer crap I found it hard to appreciate him here.

OUmillenium
3/9/2011, 08:44 AM
Lid should be referred to from here on out as The Whorn of Which We Do Not Speak = TWOWWDNS

homerSimpsonsBrain
3/9/2011, 12:19 PM
Lid should be referred to from here on out as The Whorn of Which We Do Not Speak = TWOWWDNS

+1

BoulderSooner79
3/9/2011, 12:26 PM
After his posts about his bow tie collection, fondness for men's fragrances, and tales of Texas lawyer crap I found it hard to appreciate him here.

No kidding. Once I found out he was wearing my fragrance, he was dead to me.

Soonermagik
3/9/2011, 01:42 PM
No kidding. Once I found out he was wearing my fragrance, he was dead to me.

What happened did you guys snuggle? Wearing another man's fragrance is Habana Inn type stuff.. I'm just saying!!

PalmBeachSooner
3/9/2011, 01:52 PM
Since we're all being cuddly, I'll admit that the further you get away from this part of the country, the more I find myself hanging out with people from Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana. Hell, even Kansas and Nebraska.

I have fond memories of a guy from Texas whose Thai girlfriend was very petit and had a tendency to get wobbly legged after an evenings libations. There is something heart warming in seeing a man striding home from the bar with a young woman stylishly tossed over his shoulder. Made me proud to be a Southwestern American.

I didn't know Leroy was Thai...or a girl. Things you learn here on the 'ol forum.

BoulderSooner79
3/9/2011, 01:54 PM
What happened did you guys snuggle? Wearing another man's fragrance is Habana Inn type stuff.. I'm just saying!!

Just sayin' if we somehow showed up at the same place - AWKWARD.

Widescreen
3/9/2011, 02:28 PM
Just sayin' if we somehow showed up at the same place - AWKWARD.

You mean like the Habana? :D

BoulderSooner79
3/9/2011, 02:40 PM
You mean like the Habana? :D

You're all cocky because you wear a different cologne, no doubt. But if Lid showed up wearing your style sport coat, you'd throw a hissy fit.

Scott D
3/9/2011, 06:14 PM
He will be back the next time we lose to them. Book it.

cap was the first real permaban from my time on here....hell I don't know if he even knows that he's been given a reprieve.

Whet
3/9/2011, 06:22 PM
Lid got me off death row and a full pardon from the previous governor.

Landthief 1972
3/10/2011, 04:32 PM
Lid's good people btw.

For a bovine-humpin', bowtie-wearin', tootie-fruity, colorblind attorney with poor taste in college football teams? I guess so.

:)

saucysoonergal
3/10/2011, 04:41 PM
For a bovine-humpin', bowtie-wearin', tootie-fruity, colorblind attorney with poor taste in college football teams? I guess so.

:)

You forgot "granny punching."

Adrian
3/10/2011, 11:07 PM

Name three...

Spray
3/11/2011, 10:05 AM
Token Helander reference...

Oldnslo
3/11/2011, 11:36 AM
Lid once gave me the shirt off his back.

It was pink. Taffeta.

saucysoonergal
3/11/2011, 11:44 AM
Lid once gave me the shirt off his back.

It was pink. Taffeta.

With a 20 inch neck and 20 inch sleeves?

;)

fossil
3/11/2011, 11:50 AM
No...just his bowtie.

:mad: I hope he's wearing the bowtie while he's ironing it.

SoonerinSouthlake
3/11/2011, 09:21 PM
I'll bet my house that every one of you that has ripped on Lid in this thread does the upside down horns to the TV camera when we are playing Cincinatti.

StoopTroup
3/11/2011, 10:12 PM
Not really.

Bring me your deed now. :D

Scott D
3/11/2011, 10:27 PM
I'm ready to put your house on the market....I'll sell it back to you for twice what you paid for it.

SoonerinSouthlake
3/12/2011, 01:33 AM
I'm ready to put your house on the market....I'll sell it back to you for twice what you paid for it.

tempting;)

stoopified
3/12/2011, 09:20 AM
What fun is a site where everyone agrees all the time? And I try to be respectful over here. Lid's good people btw. IF you think everyone around here agrees and is just one big happy family,you haven't been paying attention.

StoopTroup
3/12/2011, 09:25 AM
Sometimes at night....if I can't see in the bathroom when I going there...I've pissed on the lid

PhiDeltBeers
3/12/2011, 09:42 AM
Sometimes at night....if I can't see in the bathroom when I going there...I've pissed on the lid

:D

PhiDeltBeers
3/12/2011, 09:53 AM
Its called venting. You don't go nutso when we lose? Even I do that. I am so not myself until Tuesday. Whats the matter with you? :D

Here's my meltdown.......

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144745

And we won that game!

:O

Whet
3/12/2011, 06:53 PM
Did I mention Lid handles all my legal issues with my $192 million Lotto winnings?

OUthunder
3/12/2011, 07:09 PM
Whatever happened to liddy?

olevetonahill
3/14/2011, 06:21 PM
My 2 cents worth

I cna t believe that some of you want him back, hes a doosh deluxe and Im glad he has left

Its Kinda like steppin in dog **** then gettin it on the floor carpets of yer car. You work and work and Finally get the crap out the carpet and the car smells all nice again, then deliberately going Out and steppin in more cause you miss the smell:rolleyes:

texaspokieokie
3/15/2011, 07:08 AM
Agree.

DenverSooner751
3/15/2011, 07:33 AM
Vet said it best!

While Lid isn't as bad as some of the trolls we see, i'd have to say that as a regular "guest" in our house he sure was an @$$hat. Whorn or not....he was a doosher.