PDA

View Full Version : OSU - One of the Best Defenses in the Big XII

Soonerwake
3/8/2011, 02:04 PM
According to their beat writer:

http://newsok.com/brandon-chatmon-osus-defense-will-be-among-best-in-big-12-in-2011/article/3546917?custom_click=headlines_widget

So, what do you think??

Flagstaffsooner
3/8/2011, 02:19 PM
Same ole pokey poop we hear every year.

TheUnnamedSooner
3/8/2011, 02:23 PM
best defense in the universe!

OUmillenium
3/8/2011, 02:24 PM
Defense on the rise!

NormanPride
3/8/2011, 02:57 PM
Didn't they lose all their talent? Except for that one Freshman I think the rest of their D is terrible.

AlboSooner
3/8/2011, 03:03 PM
When do they get their best defense rings?

Sooner74
3/8/2011, 03:15 PM
Really? They lost to us again so apparently it isn't good enough.

picasso
3/8/2011, 05:44 PM
According to their beat writer:

http://newsok.com/brandon-chatmon-osus-defense-will-be-among-best-in-big-12-in-2011/article/3546917?custom_click=headlines_widget

So, what do you think??

A good defense doesn't get toasted deep, late in the game, at home. Twice!

They are just better at tackling these days.

rekamrettuB
3/8/2011, 05:44 PM
They are improving...but the bar is set pretty low.

rekamrettuB
3/8/2011, 05:47 PM
On the biggest question mark for Oklahoma State going into the 2011 season:

Well you always worry about health and making sure everyone comes out healthy. After that I would say the defensive interior and I'd also throw in the cornerbacks. If OSU can develop a two-deep at corner who they feel comfortable with, that could open up options in terms of blitzing and causing havoc in the

Biggest question marks, according to him, make up half of the defense.

jumperstop
3/8/2011, 05:48 PM
He also says that defensive interior and corner backs are their biggest question mark. So the heart of the best defense in the big 12 is their biggest question mark. This guy is dumb...

jumperstop
3/8/2011, 05:48 PM
Biggest question marks, according to him, make up half of the defense.

Beat me to it

rekamrettuB
3/8/2011, 05:53 PM
Beat me to it

:D

badger
3/8/2011, 06:19 PM
James Hanna: They are my favorite defense, too!
Demarco: I'd run with their defense any day!
Broyles: Playing against their defense in practice is one of the only reasons I committed originally to OSU.
Jimmy Stevens: The OSU defense put me in a good position to score.

usaosooner
3/8/2011, 06:21 PM
lol what

SoonerDood
3/8/2011, 06:32 PM
They lose their entire front 7. Good luck with that.

Whet
3/8/2011, 06:32 PM
OSU will have a top defense this year, if they can just fill a few holes. If they can find a couple of corners that can clamp down on receivers; if a strong safety and weak safety could emerge from Spring practice; a couple of defensive ends; some interior linemen; and only a couple of linebackers would combine to make their defense the best. They just need to plug a few of the above holes!

soonerinabilene
3/8/2011, 10:22 PM
OSU will have a top defense this year, if they can just fill a few holes. If they can find a couple of corners that can clamp down on receivers; if a strong safety and weak safety could emerge from Spring practice; a couple of defensive ends; some interior linemen; and only a couple of linebackers would combine to make their defense the best. They just need to plug a few of the above holes!

If they do this AND lift weights we are so incredibly f#cked.

NateHeupel
3/9/2011, 10:19 AM

That's what I took away from the Chatmon piece, too.

If I was just better looking, rich, and famous, I'd be nailing Hollywood starlets. I just need to improve on those three fronts, and I'm in, baby! :rolleyes:

Their DT's are all projects, hopes, and wishes. Their LB corps is Shaun Lewis and some mediocre dudes. And I wouldn't give a nickel for their dime.

CaliBornSoonerBred
3/9/2011, 10:34 AM
The first and only time I pull a Charlie Sheen quote on here, from last night's rant..... Sizzle. Losing. BYE!

NMSooner'80
3/9/2011, 10:37 AM
He also says that defensive interior and corner backs are their biggest question mark. So the heart of the best defense in the big 12 is their biggest question mark. This guy is dumb...

I guess the latest logic with them is that OU only scored 47 this last time, as opposed to 61 in '08. So that's a two-TD improvement. :D

Mad Dog Madsen
3/9/2011, 10:44 AM
Same ole pokey poop we hear every year.

More like everyday. I see new threads about OSU pop up on here all the time. It's sickening. Who gives a f*ck about their twitter, their defense, their south division ring, and Brandon f*ckin Weeden callin the shots?!? I might as well register at OP.com. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Chiliman
3/9/2011, 08:39 PM

Correct. They are replacing some experienced d-lineman and LBs off a bad defense with some inexperienced players. Yea, the're gonna be real good. Dude doesn't know football.

Soonerwake
3/10/2011, 09:46 AM
More like everyday. I see new threads about OSU pop up on here all the time. It's sickening. Who gives a f*ck about their twitter, their defense, their south division ring, and Brandon f*ckin Weeden callin the shots?!? I might as well register at OP.com. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Chill out dude.. They are one of our Big XII rivals, so discussion of their defense would be relevant to discussion of Sooner football.

Now, all of their trolls who post here can go away or meet the wrath of the warlock... :D

Widescreen
3/10/2011, 10:00 AM
I only view OSU as a rival in the way that Doug, the "big man on campus" is Charlie's rival for Marsha's affections. We're Doug, OSU is Charlie. The only difference is that ultimately Charlie got to go out with Marsha and OSU will never win the Big 12.

I love obscure references.

Breadburner
3/10/2011, 10:07 AM
If I had a big dick I wouldn't need a Corvette......

Dio
3/10/2011, 10:18 AM
THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL DEFENSE!! [hairGel]

Mad Dog Madsen
3/10/2011, 10:58 AM
Chill out dude.. They are one of our Big XII rivals, so discussion of their defense would be relevant to discussion of Sooner football.

Now, all of their trolls who post here can go away or meet the wrath of the warlock... :D

Maybe you should re-read my post... I mentioned more than just defense. 82-16-7 doesn't seem like much of a rivalry anyway.

Soonerwake
3/10/2011, 12:03 PM
Maybe you should re-read my post... I mentioned more than just defense. 82-16-7 doesn't seem like much of a rivalry anyway.

Good point, my mistake...;)

Mad Dog Madsen
3/10/2011, 12:07 PM
I'm sorry I'm angry... :(

Seamus
3/10/2011, 12:13 PM
Anger ... baaaaad!

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r222/analretentivechef/frankenstein.jpg

oudavid1
3/10/2011, 01:04 PM
Well, they are competing with, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, A&M, Tech, Texas, and US.

I can see them being top 3 or 4.

So he really wont be wrong. Besides, their toughest games are at home.