PDA

View Full Version : Go Sooners--Win the Big 12 Tournament!!

jdsooner
3/7/2011, 01:40 PM
We have better odds than I do when I buy Powerball Tickets!! Let's shock the world!

Boomer.....
3/7/2011, 01:43 PM
I can see us beating Baylor but that's about it.

badger
3/7/2011, 01:44 PM
We have a 1 in 2 chance, because we'll either win or we won't win :)

Ok, ok, I've used that line before, here's a new one:

We have a 1 in 12 chance, because we are one of 12 teams competing in the tournament.

One in 12! One in 12! :D

3/8/2011, 02:12 AM
This year it belongs to the horns or Jahawks. We'll be back in there soon.

CowboyMRW
3/8/2011, 02:34 AM
Won't be the horns. 3 weeks ago I had them penciled in as NC winners or at the very least F4 contenders but since that loss to Nebraska they've spiraled downwards

badger
3/8/2011, 09:04 AM
Good luck in the Big 12 tourney, Poke. If ORU can't win the Summit League today, at least some school in our state should go (Tulsa is also a 2-seed in their tourney, but they haven't been to the Dance in years).

... oh wait, you guys ousted BG's last team :mad:

LOSE IN THE FIRST ROUND, AGGY! :mad::mad::mad:

:D

StoopTroup
3/8/2011, 09:24 AM
I'm never going to be a fan that roots a Team to Fail so a new Coach can be sought out. I really hope we get off to a good start and our guys get to enjoy themselves in these last few games.

Tournaments can give anyone a good shot and maybe if Jeff just let's them play it out they'll surprise us all. I really like Cade and hope he has a good game tomorrow.

OUSKINS
3/8/2011, 09:55 AM
Someone that is much better at math than I am, please compute this arbitrary figures I've come up with:

--I give us a 30% chance to beat Baylor

--If we win, I'd give us a 5% chance to beat UT

--If we win both of those, I'd give us a 20% chance to beat either Mizzou or A+M, and a 50% chance to beat Tech if they made it that far

--I would then give us a 2% chance to beat KU, a 20% chance to beat KSU, and about a 40% chance to beat anyone else.

C'mon someone out there...put those numbers together and give me a "OU's chances to win the tourney" figure :)

badger
3/8/2011, 11:33 AM
I'm never going to be a fan that roots a Team to Fail so a new Coach can be sought out. I really hope we get off to a good start and our guys get to enjoy themselves in these last few games.

Tournaments can give anyone a good shot and maybe if Jeff just let's them play it out they'll surprise us all. I really like Cade and hope he has a good game tomorrow.

Agree. It would be like rooting for your favorite NBA or NFL team to suck so you get the #1 overall pick... which your team can then use to draft Jamarky Purple Drank or Kwame Brown (just noticed last night that MJ still hasn't given up on him, now he's with the Bobcats, hehe).

And plus, our guys have had a rough season. Go out in style :)

OULenexaman
3/8/2011, 11:48 AM
Remember that year Misery only had 1 shot at the dance and that was to win the Big 12 tourney?? And they did. Or was it still Big 8 back then?

lmg0088
3/8/2011, 11:49 AM
Someone that is much better at math than I am, please compute this arbitrary figures I've come up with:

--I give us a 30% chance to beat Baylor

--If we win, I'd give us a 5% chance to beat UT

--If we win both of those, I'd give us a 20% chance to beat either Mizzou or A+M, and a 50% chance to beat Tech if they made it that far

--I would then give us a 2% chance to beat KU, a 20% chance to beat KSU, and about a 40% chance to beat anyone else.

C'mon someone out there...put those numbers together and give me a "OU's chances to win the tourney" figure :)

If I remember right you just multiply the decimal form of the % together. By using your percentages you get the following:

BU-UT-Mizz/A&M-KU is 6:100,000
BU-UT-Mizz/A&M-KSU is 6:10,000

I could be wrong but those are not good odds but could be worse.

Boomer.....
3/8/2011, 12:13 PM
t54GKaFROeU

badger
3/8/2011, 12:20 PM
Remember that year Misery only had 1 shot at the dance and that was to win the Big 12 tourney?? And they did. Or was it still Big 8 back then?

Misery is Misery for a reason - just look how much they've underachieved since existing in sports. No wonder they're so apt to be Illini's rival - two failbot athletic programs in big recruiting areas that should be doing better but for some reason don't.

Boomer.....
3/8/2011, 03:24 PM
We are a 500:1 odd to win the Big 12 Championship. (Even Iowa State has better odds :O)

Conference Tournament Odd to Win - Big 12
Date: March 9-12

Team Odds
Baylor 30/1
Colorado 30/1
Iowa State 150/1
Kansas 4/7
Kansas State 13/2
Missouri 12/1
Nebraska 50/1
Oklahoma 500/1
Oklahoma State 75/1
Texas 2/1
Texas A&M 9/1
Texas Tech 250/1

http://www.lasvegassportsbetting.com/NCAA-Basketball-Betting-Odds-Conference-Tournament-Odds_A2613.html

badger
3/8/2011, 03:45 PM
Sooo... what will you all do if we win the title?

Not this (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/9/8/), hopefully :D (Semi NSFW)

fwsooner22
3/8/2011, 03:45 PM
We are a 500:1 odd to win the Big 12 Championship. (Even Iowa State has better odds :O)

http://www.lasvegassportsbetting.com/NCAA-Basketball-Betting-Odds-Conference-Tournament-Odds_A2613.html

Wow that hurts............:(

Soonerjeepman
3/8/2011, 04:03 PM
OU is ALSO the "worse loss" for teams on the bubble....cu...was one of them...ugh~

kevpks
3/8/2011, 10:22 PM
Why stop at the Big XII tournament? Let's win 10, hoist the trophy, and lock the fire Capel thread.

Collier11
3/8/2011, 10:30 PM
If we win the Big 12 tourney then I want all of you who want Capel fired to publicly offer to blow him :D

GDC
3/8/2011, 10:31 PM
I'll send yankee a certified bank check for $1000 if OU's men win the Big 12 tournament.

yankee
3/8/2011, 11:10 PM
I'll send yankee a certified bank check for $1000 if OU's men win the Big 12 tournament.

Where did this random thought of kindness come from?

CowboyMRW
3/9/2011, 01:25 AM
Good luck in the Big 12 tourney, Poke. If ORU can't win the Summit League today, at least some school in our state should go (Tulsa is also a 2-seed in their tourney, but they haven't been to the Dance in years).

... oh wait, you guys ousted BG's last team :mad:

LOSE IN THE FIRST ROUND, AGGY! :mad::mad::mad:

:D

That was a must win for us. I was really upset that we didn't beat yall on Senior Night at OU. I felt we got robbed much like yall feel yall got robbed in GIA this year. That's just how the ball bounces sometimes (or in the Big 12's case-- how much money the refs have on the game)

yankee
3/9/2011, 01:34 AM
That was a must win for us. I was really upset that we didn't beat yall on Senior Night at OU. I felt we got robbed much like yall feel yall got robbed in GIA this year. That's just how the ball bounces sometimes (or in the Big 12's case-- how much money the refs have on the game)

At least we didn't shoot 44 free throws...

jdsooner
3/9/2011, 02:17 AM
Sooo... what will you all do if we win the title?

Not this (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/9/8/), hopefully :D (Semi NSFW)

I will dance naked in my back yard. (about 2 in the morning when no one can see me)

Bourbon St Sooner
3/9/2011, 11:42 AM

Must win for what? Your CBI seeding? Face it you guys are horrible. We suck because our team a year ago completely disintegrated and we're still not much worse than you guys. Your program is just bad since ole drunk left.

badger
3/9/2011, 11:50 AM
Our prize for winning is the chance to upend overrated whorn.

Poke's prize for winning is getting rock chalk'd by KU in the second round.

OU > OSU :stunned:

soonerbub
3/9/2011, 12:13 PM
OK 1 game at a time here--we gotta hit the brakes tonight and not let them
run away from us.

Rebounding defense yada yada

JUST WIN BOOMER

GDC
3/9/2011, 06:31 PM
Where did this random thought of kindness come from?

Because you are a great OU fan and certifiable optimist, if somewhat delusional.

And I know it aint gonna happen:D

Collier11
3/9/2011, 08:52 PM
so far so good, get the pen out ;)

jdsooner
3/9/2011, 09:25 PM
We won 2 in a row! It is a major winning streak!

GDC
3/9/2011, 09:53 PM
so far so good, get the pen out ;)
:pop: