PDA

View Full Version : Baseball America Week #3 Poll

Sooner74
3/7/2011, 01:35 PM
Linky: http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/top-25-tracker/2011/2611381.html

I'm actually pretty disappointed with the poll. How in their right mind can Florida drop a midweek game and Vandy have a loss and be ranked ahead of the Sooners?

Was it because Florida swept Miami? Or Vandy's domination of Brown?

I just don't get the ranking.

C&CDean
3/7/2011, 01:45 PM
Guess there's an SEC bias in baseball too. Oh well, gives our boys something to be pissed about.

IndySooner
3/7/2011, 01:48 PM
I have many beefs with that poll. OU's ranking isn't one of them. I can see the arguments for Florida (especially) and Vandy (sort of) ahead of OU at this point.

Muno
3/7/2011, 01:51 PM
Linky: http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/top-25-tracker/2011/2611381.html

I'm actually pretty disappointed with the poll. How in their right mind can Florida drop a midweek game and Vandy have a loss and be ranked ahead of the Sooners?

Was it because Florida swept Miami? Or Vandy's domination of Brown?

I just don't get the ranking.

It's hard to say but I'd guess it has to do with both schools playing an overall tougher schedule to date plus each team's lone loss came against very good competition. We have only played one top 25 caliber team so far. Baseball polls are a little tough to judge so don't get too worked up over it.

Flagstaffsooner
3/7/2011, 01:56 PM
#2 at USA Today coaches poll
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/baseball/usatpoll.htm

TucsonSooner
3/7/2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah thats the great thing about baseball...JUST WIN BABY, and everything will take care of itself!

NMSooner'80
3/7/2011, 02:33 PM
#2 at USA Today coaches poll
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/baseball/usatpoll.htm

I do hope some folks took note of how nationally ranked (albeit behind OU) Wichita State went to Arlington the other day and got waxed by "lowly" UT-Arlington. I think the score was 8-2, in UTA's favor.

bcolston15
3/7/2011, 03:28 PM
Eight teams go to Omaha in June. The rest is for show.

bufsa
3/7/2011, 03:38 PM
Polls don't mean anything. The only thing that matters is who is doing the dogpile after the very last game I do think the two San Diego teams will prove to be better than people are giving them credit for. But for now it does "look like" we have played lower teams especialy with Cal loosing to a supposidly weak San deigo.

oklasooners
3/7/2011, 04:07 PM
thats bs that OU is only ranked 3, we are the last unbeaten team in College Baseball. OU should be ranked #1. Hopefully this will **** off OU fans and we will start getting better support at home pages. 1,000 a game is unacceptable...OU should be getting 2,500 a game at least.

SteelClip49
3/7/2011, 04:10 PM
Texas is 7-4 and gained a spot, lol.

NickDangerThirdEye
3/8/2011, 06:37 PM
Where is OSU ranked? :D

oklasooners
3/8/2011, 10:54 PM
I think that total BS that we are not ranked #1. We are the only undefeated team in the country.

jadubya
3/8/2011, 10:58 PM
pump the brakes, kids....the teams ranked above us are (a) very very good (b) their lone loss comes against better competition than we have played to date (c) their series wins against much better competition are looked at more favorable than our undefeated record.

no worries at all....sweep this weekend and then figure out a way to do the same against ASU....and they can rank us wherever they like.

C&CDean
3/9/2011, 09:23 AM
pump the brakes, kids....the teams ranked above us are (a) very very good (b) their lone loss comes against better competition than we have played to date (c) their series wins against much better competition are looked at more favorable than our undefeated record.

no worries at all....sweep this weekend and then figure out a way to do the same against ASU....and they can rank us wherever they like.

Really? UF just got bombed by Georgia Southern.

jadubya
3/9/2011, 12:44 PM
....and if that would have happened before the polls came out....we wouldn't even be discussing the injustice of the UF ranking above us.

C&CDean
3/9/2011, 12:50 PM
Well, yeah? DOH.

Sooner74
3/9/2011, 01:20 PM
Florida's loss is to FSU who looked very mediocre against Georgia last weekend. We are talking Georgia, not some powerhouse. I think the quality of competition played is skewed because of them having rivalries with Miami and FSU.