PDA

View Full Version : This team is good,

oudavid1
3/6/2011, 09:39 PM
but no where close to championship level.

I think this team will get better and better, but they have a longer way to go than most think.

They are a lot like the Heat, superstars but not good enough vs the elite.

yankee
3/6/2011, 11:52 PM
They are a lot like the Heat, superstars but not good enough vs the elite.

OK. :rolleyes:

Except KD and Rus don't cry.

silverwheels
3/7/2011, 09:13 AM
The Heat have the Big 3 and a bunch of scrubs. The Thunder are built more like a team. I don't think they're championship-caliber yet, either, but they're nothing like the Heat.

And let's wait and see what Perkins can do before we completely write them off.

oudavid1
3/7/2011, 12:37 PM
OK. :rolleyes:

Except KD and Rus don't cry.

Win!

KBoomer11
3/7/2011, 06:02 PM
I don't think the Thunder are legit contenders this year. But with that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they were to make it to the Western Conference finals.. maybe further. They have that potential.

OUthunder
3/8/2011, 10:24 AM
I don't think the Thunder are legit contenders this year. But with that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they were to make it to the Western Conference finals.. maybe further. They have that potential.

I agree. They are one really good player away IMHO. Hopefully they'll get out of the 1st round this year and make some progress.

starclassic tama
3/8/2011, 04:21 PM
thunder up. f the mavs, i think dwyane wade just hit another free throw guys

CrimsonRez
3/9/2011, 09:45 PM
A lot like the Heat? You have got to be kidding. This team is as far away from the Heat as you can get.

oudavid1
3/10/2011, 01:18 AM
A lot like the Heat? You have got to be kidding. This team is as far away from the Heat as you can get.

A good team that is not good vs good teams?

Did i lose you?

silverwheels
3/10/2011, 01:30 AM
You also said that the Thunder had superstars, when I counted 1 in Durant. Westbrook is a budding star, and the supporting pieces are better than the Heat's other 9 outside of Wade, James, and Bosh (who is incredibly overrated to begin with).

KBoomer11
3/10/2011, 11:59 AM
You can't call Bosh a superstar and not Westbrook. Westbrook is not budding, he has budded. He is in top 5 of most people's MVP as well as an
All Star this year. What more could you want?

silverwheels
3/10/2011, 02:42 PM
Depends on your definition of "superstar". Westbrook is a star, but he's not in Durant's, Kobe's, or LeBron's league yet. And I guess since Bosh is overrated he's not really a superstar, either.

Mixer!
3/10/2011, 02:42 PM
http://twitpic.com/47x4y0

:D

soonerbub
3/10/2011, 02:51 PM
We won't see this team at full capacity til the playoffs--I would not hurry re: Perk or Nate.

This team is built to beat the spurs only ? is can the young guns step up

oumartin
3/13/2011, 01:44 PM
They were a big man and a shooting guard away from being legit. They actually addressed both when they picked up Cook and then Nazr and and Perkins. Now, if Brooks would ever figure out that Harden should be either startin' or coming in way earlier then the shooting guard problem with Cook getting more playing time would be solved. What Brooks obsession with Thabo is I'll never know.
The inside has gotten better with Nazr playing and when Perkins gets healthy this team will be ready. Might not be this year but they darn sure aren't far off.

Just hope they don't have to play memphis. They shoulda tried to land Randolph cuz that guy owns the Thunder.