PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Expect?

sooners123
3/6/2011, 06:45 PM
Okay, so we have been tabbed as pre-pre-season number one, honestly, what does this even mean? You can count me out of group that expects us to win the national championship. It isn't because I don't think we are capable of winning it all, but it is because I would actually like to enjoy this season. It is my opinion that having expectations going into the season is the best way to ruin the joy that is being a Sooner football fan. I don't want to criticize Stoops or anyone who is a member of our football team if they don't perform at a level as lofty as the one that is being floated around. Instead, I want to enjoy the moments that are worth celebration, I want to be proud of the games we win, even more importantly, I want to be proud of the effort our Sooners give if they fall short. These are humans who we have devoted our fandom to, and as we all know, humans are imperfect creatures to say the least, so why expect perfection?

BoulderSooner79
3/6/2011, 07:13 PM
Okay, so we have been tabbed as pre-pre-season number one, honestly, what does this even mean? You can count me out of group that expects us to win the national championship. It isn't because I don't think we are capable of winning it all, but it is because I would actually like to enjoy this season. It is my opinion that having expectations going into the season is the best way to ruin the joy that is being a Sooner football fan. I don't want to criticize Stoops or anyone who is a member of our football team if they don't perform at a level as lofty as the one that is being floated around. Instead, I want to enjoy the moments that are worth celebration, I want to be proud of the games we win, even more importantly, I want to be proud of the effort our Sooners give if they fall short. These are humans who we have devoted our fandom to, and as we all know, humans are imperfect creatures to say the least, so why expect perfection?

In a way, I kind of agree with you, but on a much simpler basis. One of the early odds makers that put us at preseason #1 had us at 2/7 or 28.6% chance of winning it all or 71.4% of *not* winning it all. So what does being preseason #1 mean? It means every other team has even taller odds against them. BTW, 2/7 is the highest odds I've seen.

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 07:21 PM
What does Pre-Season Number One mean?

You gotta be ****ting me.

Leroy Lizard
3/6/2011, 07:25 PM
I want the team to display the professionalism and skill they were trained to display. Win or lose, make it look like you were well coached and gave a good effort.

Not much else we can expect of them.

jersey sooner
3/6/2011, 07:32 PM
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/93746370de.jpg

Sooner74
3/6/2011, 07:50 PM
I buy into the train of thought that no matter what you are ranked, you have to win and earn your way to the National Championship. I wouldn't have any other expectations if we returned less players. I would expect us to earn our way to wherever we end up.

So for next year? I expect us to win our first game. Then I'll pass judgement.

Blue
3/6/2011, 07:53 PM
Being highly rated gives us a little room for error. Now I don't want to lose a game but say we slip up early we are still in the mix.

jersey sooner
3/6/2011, 08:01 PM
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/93746370de.jpg

3/6/2011, 08:07 PM
We are SOONERS, fer cryin' out loud. Don't go overboard explaining why. We just enjoy being part of something really amazing.

swardboy
3/6/2011, 08:09 PM
I'm waiting to around 2pm.

jersey sooner
3/6/2011, 08:49 PM
^ Did they set an official time yet? Because we'll be #1 and they'll be in the top 8 probably, in which case it will be a primetime game.

Sooner74
3/6/2011, 08:55 PM
Honestly though is being #1 a badge of honor? This year for example. There was clearly no #1, but every poll must make a judgement on where teams would fall on a ranking scale. OU while #1 doesn't mean we are lights out better. The #2, #3, #4, and #5 could be equally as good, but they don't rank 1a and 1b. It just means if we fail, we didn't live up to the hype. If we win, then we get praised for being good beginning to end.

oudavid1
3/6/2011, 08:57 PM
I expect to beat Ball State.

sooner59
3/6/2011, 09:19 PM
15-0. Anything else is an embarrassment.

:D

texaspokieokie
3/8/2011, 11:32 AM
I want the team to display the professionalism and skill they were trained to display. Win or lose, make it look like you were well coached and gave a good effort.

Not much else we can expect of them.

i don't want the team to display any thing resembling "professionalism".

TahoeSOONER
3/8/2011, 11:41 AM
If you expect anything less than a Nat'l title then you haven't been a Sooner fan very long.

One game at a time.

texaspokieokie
3/8/2011, 11:48 AM
i've been a Sooner fan since early 50s.

Leroy Lizard
3/8/2011, 12:40 PM
TahoeSOONER just got smacked around. We'll await the response.

JohnnyMack
3/8/2011, 12:42 PM
Beat Texas.
Beat osu.
Don't embarrass ourselves on national television.

Other than that I'm down for whatever.

BoulderSooner79
3/8/2011, 12:44 PM
Beat Texas.
Beat osu.
Don't embarrass ourselves on national television.

Other than that I'm down for whatever.

I like it.

fwsooner22
3/8/2011, 12:47 PM
Tell me if the O-Line will be dominant then I can tell you what we all want to hear.