PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones....

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 01:02 PM
survived a nuclear blast by hiding in a lead lined refrigerator.

Where is Mythbusters?

sappstuf
3/6/2011, 01:04 PM
survived a nuclear blast by hiding in a lead lined refrigerator.

Where is Mythbusters?

That wasn't Indiana Jones and that most certainly is NOT an Indiana Jones movie....

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 01:07 PM
Says your Crystal Skull.....

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 01:17 PM
I hope they make it to the river....

Breadburner
3/6/2011, 01:36 PM
How far was he from ground zero.....???

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 01:38 PM
One LaBeouf

MR2-Sooner86
3/6/2011, 01:53 PM
That wasn't Star Wars and that most certainly is NOT a Star Wars movie....

Which franchise will be next?

SoonerStormchaser
3/6/2011, 02:18 PM
As far as I am concerned, The Last Crusade is the final chapter...that piece of **** that came out in 08 is nothing but a goddamn travesty.

STUpendOUs
3/6/2011, 02:26 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/H72zALZFgQY/0.jpg

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 02:33 PM
The '08 Movie was teh awesome. The South Park Version is as good as any of them too.

Sean Connery saved the damn things any.

yermom
3/6/2011, 02:38 PM
i blame George Lucas for that BS

LDCjIjsZp_Y

Mixer!
3/6/2011, 07:10 PM
Someone argued that he survived because he drank from the Cup of Christ, and was therefore invulnerable. I said who cares, the movie sucked.

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 07:11 PM
Jesus Saves!

soonerinkaty
3/6/2011, 07:17 PM
...I liked it.

yermom
3/6/2011, 07:22 PM
horrible, that movie was

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 07:29 PM
About like everything I've viewed in the last few years. I think Hollywood's tricks and use of Technology has lowered our exceptations and now we just want to see more action and gore

btk108
3/6/2011, 09:39 PM
he didn't have anything on MacGuyver

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 10:08 PM
MacGuyver wasn't as good with a whip

btk108
3/6/2011, 10:09 PM
you didn't see that episode

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 10:12 PM
Indiana didn't have as many episodes to practice either. He was just an over paid Wisconsin Teacher who traveled the World during his off time. :D

btk108
3/6/2011, 10:15 PM
MacGuyer could build a jet with a stick

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 10:29 PM
I don't think there were jets back in Indiana's time

oulucas
3/6/2011, 10:31 PM
Those who didn't like Crystal Skull often say it's not "believable" because of the ending. I ask you this: is it believable to find the Ark of the Covenant and have that Ark send lasers through all the Nazi's but spare good ol Indiana? Is it believable for Indy to find the cup of Christ? It's not a documentary, it's a movie. The real problem is the lack of Nazi's. Think about it: Raiders = Nazi's and a great movie, Temple of Doom = no Nazi's and kind of the suck (although I'll still watch it), Last Crusade = mucho Nazi's and the best of the four movies, Crystal Skull = no Nazi's + UFO's. Self explanatory.

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 10:38 PM
And Speilberg is jewish and he uses a College professor that seemingly doesn't belive in God but knows enough to not smite him. Then he uses Indiana to kill a bunch of them nazis.

Talk about issues. :D

yermom
3/6/2011, 10:58 PM
Those who didn't like Crystal Skull often say it's not "believable" because of the ending. I ask you this: is it believable to find the Ark of the Covenant and have that Ark send lasers through all the Nazi's but spare good ol Indiana? Is it believable for Indy to find the cup of Christ? It's not a documentary, it's a movie. The real problem is the lack of Nazi's. Think about it: Raiders = Nazi's and a great movie, Temple of Doom = no Nazi's and kind of the suck (although I'll still watch it), Last Crusade = mucho Nazi's and the best of the four movies, Crystal Skull = no Nazi's + UFO's. Self explanatory.

the other three were more into paranormal vs. sci-fi of this one. the Russians instead of the Nazis

there were lots of little stupid things like the fridge and the groundhog and the monkeys and Marion was all of a sudden retarded.

and then, you have stupid aliens.

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 11:21 PM
What about the ants? The ants were cool. :D

btk108
3/6/2011, 11:26 PM
http://images.dvdsetshop.com/upload/uploadfiles/macgyver2.jpg

>

http://www.chrisrue.com/funcave/graphics/indianajones.jpg

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 11:27 PM
Indiana's whip is oddly erotic BTK.

tcrb
3/7/2011, 09:31 AM
I decided a long time ago to stop basing my opinion of a movie on whether or not it is believable or even within the real of reason. Instead, I just try to allow myself to be entertained. If I walk out of the theatre and feel as if I was entertained for a couple of hours, I figure I got my money's worth.

Breadburner
3/7/2011, 09:45 AM
Indiana's whip is oddly erotic BTK.

Kinda limp....:D

soonercruiser
3/7/2011, 09:47 PM
Indiana didn't have as many episodes to practice either. He was just an over paid Wisconsin Teacher who traveled the World during his off time. :D

Now that is a good one!
(Waiting for the story line on CBS)

OUmillenium
3/8/2011, 02:01 PM
I decided a long time ago to stop basing my opinion of a movie on whether or not it is believable or even within the real of reason. Instead, I just try to allow myself to be entertained. If I walk out of the theatre and feel as if I was entertained for a couple of hours, I figure I got my money's worth.

This. I would rather have IJ Crystal Skull and complain about a few things than not have the movie at all.

DieHard sequals were solid.

New Star Wars movies were good, but over CGId.

NormanPride
3/8/2011, 02:47 PM
the other three were more into paranormal vs. sci-fi of this one. the Russians instead of the Nazis

there were lots of little stupid things like the fridge and the groundhog and the monkeys and Marion was all of a sudden retarded.

and then, you have stupid aliens.

The blimp scene was lame in the third one, as was the journey into Berlin. I mean, really? Past all the security and stuff? How about the weird monkey in the first one? Face it, other than the kid swinging through the trees, this one was just as good as any of the others.

And Marian was always dumb.

Caboose
3/8/2011, 02:56 PM
The Crystal Skull was just like all the other Indiana Jones movies. How you could like one and despise another baffles me. They are all the same damn thing.

NormanPride
3/8/2011, 03:00 PM
No, Caboose. New is bad. The nuke and fridge thing was completely unbelievable, but ripping a still beating heart from a dude in Temple of Doom is classic Indy.

Caboose
3/8/2011, 03:03 PM
No, Caboose. New is bad. The nuke and fridge thing was completely unbelievable, but ripping a still beating heart from a dude in Temple of Doom is classic Indy.

Rite... It is the same as the Star Wars complex... Were the three new Star Wars movies bad? Yes, but go back and watch the originals through the eyes of an adult... guess what? They were bad too!

NormanPride
3/8/2011, 03:14 PM
True, though not as much. The third Star Wars was pretty blah, but the first holds up really well, and the second wasn't terrible.

sappstuf
3/8/2011, 03:16 PM
The Crystal Skull was just like all the other Indiana Jones movies. How you could like one and despise another baffles me. They are all the same damn thing.

Raiders of the Lost Ark was nominated for 8 Academy Awards including Best Picture. It won four of them. It also won a fifth Special Achievement Academy Award in Sound Effects Editing

Crystal Skull? Not so much..

NormanPride
3/8/2011, 03:37 PM
Raiders also pioneered a lot of new things in cinema (or made them popular). It's kind of hard to do that now.