PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Stupid Vet

SicEmBaylor
3/5/2011, 02:44 PM
Yesterday, I took my English Bulldog to the vet to be groomed and to have them treat an infection on his tail. At 5:30, I go to pick him up and the Vet comes out to talk to me. She tells me that he has cancer behind his eye and in his scrotum and that she can do surgery to remove the tumor in his testicles but she can't do anything about the tumor behind his eye.

I was absolutely distraught. I've had this dog for 8 years. My parents gave him to me just after the whole SicEmEx breakup fiasco when I was very very down. It was one of the worst periods of my life, and I'm not sure I would have got through it without having Winston to take care of and refocus my attention. Both of my parents are very attached to this dog especially my mother. When I broke the news to them my mother was just a mess. She started having chest pains and a throbbing headache and she wouldn't stop crying. My dad is still recovering from his stroke and he was highly upset as well.

This morning I call the vet up because I want a few more details about what was wrong with him and what I can do about it. She answers the phone and I ask about the cancer in his eye and she says, "Oh, well actually it's totally normal for a dog to have a growth behind his eye. I didn't mean to imply he had a tumor. He has film over his eyes so I think it could possibly be cancerous" So, that's some good news but she specifically told me he had cancer behind his eye. Plus, Winston has always had eye issues which is why I doctor them every day. I then ask her about the growth in his scrotum. Again, she tells me, "Well, I won't really know if it's a tumor until I do surgery. It's normal for him to have that knot in his scrotum, but it's swollen which could indicate that he has a tumor." I ask her if she did a biopsy to determine if the growth was malignant or not. She said she hadn't. I then ask her if the swelling could be from his tail infection since his entire backside was a bit swollen and she said, "Oh yes absolutely."

Basically everything she told me yesterday about him having cancer was absolutely a lie. There's likely absolutely nothing wrong with what's behind his eyes, and the growth in his scrotum is likely not even a tumor much less cancerous.

I'm so f'n pissed off that I literally can not see straight. I want to kick that stupid ***** square in the vajaja. If she had caused my mother to have a heart attack (she was having terrible chest pains and a throbbing head ache) or caused my father to have a stroke or something worse, I would have sued the absolute bejesus out of her.

proud gonzo
3/5/2011, 03:00 PM
that sucks, dude.

Okla-homey
3/5/2011, 03:02 PM
Yesterday, I took my English Bulldog to the vet to be groomed and to have them treat an infection on his tail. At 5:30, I go to pick him up and the Vet comes out to talk to me. She tells me that he has cancer behind his eye and in his scrotum and that she can do surgery to remove the tumor in his testicles but she can't do anything about the tumor behind his eye.

I was absolutely distraught. I've had this dog for 8 years. My parents gave him to me just after the whole SicEmEx breakup fiasco when I was very very down. It was one of the worst periods of my life, and I'm not sure I would have got through it without having Winston to take care of and refocus my attention. Both of my parents are very attached to this dog especially my mother. When I broke the news to them my mother was just a mess. She started having chest pains and a throbbing headache and she wouldn't stop crying. My dad is still recovering from his stroke and he was highly upset as well.

This morning I call the vet up because I want a few more details about what was wrong with him and what I can do about it. She answers the phone and I ask about the cancer in his eye and she says, "Oh, well actually it's totally normal for a dog to have a growth behind his eye. I didn't mean to imply he had a tumor. He has film over his eyes so I think it could possibly be cancerous" So, that's some good news but she specifically told me he had cancer behind his eye. Plus, Winston has always had eye issues which is why I doctor them every day. I then ask her about the growth in his scrotum. Again, she tells me, "Well, I won't really know if it's a tumor until I do surgery. It's normal for him to have that knot in his scrotum, but it's swollen which could indicate that he has a tumor." I ask her if she did a biopsy to determine if the growth was malignant or not. She said she hadn't. I then ask her if the swelling could be from his tail infection since his entire backside was a bit swollen and she said, "Oh yes absolutely."

Basically everything she told me yesterday about him having cancer was absolutely a lie. There's likely absolutely nothing wrong with what's behind his eyes, and the growth in his scrotum is likely not even a tumor much less cancerous.

I'm so f'n pissed off that I literally can not see straight. I want to kick that stupid ***** square in the vajaja. If she had caused my mother to have a heart attack (she was having terrible chest pains and a throbbing head ache) or caused my father to have a stroke or something worse, I would have sued the absolute bejesus out of her.

Have you considered, for one second, somebody's prayer for your dog might have been answered?

Of course, if you have some kind of Doggy Munchausen Syndrome or something, sorry to hear your canine friend is going to be fine.

Be happy about it. And relax.

P.S. You can sue a vet for malpractice, but damages are limited to what you originally paid for the animal. Thus, no one ever sues.

SicEmBaylor
3/5/2011, 03:13 PM
Have you considered, for one second, somebody's prayer for your dog might have been answered?

Of course, if you have some kind of Doggy Munchausen Syndrome or something, sorry to hear your canine friend is going to be fine.

Be happy about it. And relax.

P.S. You can sue a vet for malpractice, but damages are limited to what you originally paid for the animal. Thus, no one ever sues.

I'm not going to sue. I actually don't believe in law suits. But, I may have made an exception if my mother had a heart attack or something happened to my dad over it.

I do think prayers and positive thoughts can help.

swardboy
3/5/2011, 03:22 PM
The AVERAGE life expectancy for an English bulldog is eight years.

SicEmBaylor
3/5/2011, 03:24 PM
The AVERAGE life expectancy for an English bulldog is eight years.

Yeah, I know. =( He's in good shape and good health though (other than allergies and this tail infection) which is why it was so hard to hear that I might lose him soon.

There are bulldogs that live to be much older, but yeah 8 years is the average.

They generally have a lot of health problems, and thankfully Winston hasn't had too many.

SicEmBaylor
3/5/2011, 03:27 PM
The boy:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/3a7a5c65.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/wincrop.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/a4693e35.jpg

Mongo
3/5/2011, 03:28 PM
Sorry Sic, but cheer up. You still have many more peanut butter sessions to look forward to

Flagstaffsooner
3/5/2011, 03:50 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about Olevet.

OUthunder
3/5/2011, 04:09 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about Olevet.

Who? Didn't he post here a long time ago?

OUHOMER
3/5/2011, 04:44 PM
Its amazing what asking a few question will reveil.

pphilfran
3/5/2011, 04:50 PM
The pet weighs more than the owner...

btk108
3/5/2011, 06:38 PM
That's not Vet?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/wincrop.jpg

2121Sooner
3/5/2011, 07:00 PM
I thought this thread was gonna be about something different.

And look on the bright side SicEm..........at least it was just a dog and not a real person.

SicEmBaylor
3/5/2011, 07:07 PM
I thought this thread was gonna be about something different.

And look on the bright side SicEm..........at least it was just a dog and not a real person.

Winston is twice as smart as most of the bozos I encounter on a daily basis, and I think more highly of him than I do of 95% of the population.

Winston>people

StoopTroup
3/5/2011, 07:09 PM
That's not Vet?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/wincrop.jpg

That's the Mexican Vet.

Step and his Lovely Bride say hello....:D

A Sooner in Texas
3/5/2011, 07:29 PM
Sorry about your pooch, Sic. But what the heck do you have him dressed in?
And his nails look way too long. Might need a trim job there.
But I hope you get to enjoy his company for a long time to come.

yankee
3/5/2011, 07:46 PM
The boy:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/3a7a5c65.jpg

I see you haven't kicked the soda habit yet.

SicEmBaylor
3/5/2011, 07:49 PM
I see you haven't kicked the soda habit yet.

That pic was taken last summer.

SicEmBaylor
3/5/2011, 07:50 PM
Sorry about your pooch, Sic. But what the heck do you have him dressed in?
And his nails look way too long. Might need a trim job there.
But I hope you get to enjoy his company for a long time to come.

His nails grow sooo fast. I have him groomed about once a month. It's a pain in the *** to do it myself.

btk108
3/5/2011, 09:37 PM
That's the Mexican Vet.

Step and his Lovely Bride say hello....:D

I'm jellis!

MsProudSooner2
3/6/2011, 09:13 AM
My grand-Bulldog is jealous. He's not allowed on the furniture.

Is this a 'veteran' vet? Or is she fairly young? Sounds like she needs some constructive feedback about the way she communicates with her patients owners.

SicEmBaylor
3/6/2011, 09:22 AM
My grand-Bulldog is jealous. He's not allowed on the furniture.

Is this a 'veteran' vet? Or is she fairly young? Sounds like she needs some constructive feedback about the way she communicates with her patients owners.

I don't allow mine on the furniture either. He has his own chair that he sits in and he knows he isn't allowed on any of the other furniture. However, every now and then he'll sneak up on the sofa or my chair. I came into the living room and he was asleep in my chair and it was kind of cute so I took the pic. :D

She's a very young vet. I think she graduated vet school in like '03 or thereabouts.

soonerloyal
3/6/2011, 09:23 AM
What a gorgeous guy he is, SicEm. I'm so relieved he's all right. I'll add him to my prayers that he stays that way.

That vet's "bedside manner" is the stuff of nightmares. You're paying for a service and it affects someone you love. I agree she needs to be corrected in a calm, professional way. Y'all probably need a new vet, too.

2121Sooner
3/6/2011, 03:29 PM
Winston is twice as smart as most of the bozos I encounter on a daily basis, and I think more highly of him than I do of 95% of the population.

Winston>people

It looks like you need to hang around a better class of people. And thanks for including me in that 5% ........you're sweet.

usmc-sooner
3/6/2011, 08:05 PM
things that disturb me about this thread

1) The fact that you think the vet would owe you for your mom's bad ticker

2) Job, do you have one?

3) Are you still with your mom, as far as living arrangements?

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 08:06 PM
:pop:

OutlandTrophy
3/6/2011, 08:10 PM

2) Job, do you have one?

SicEm or StoopTroup?

:pop:

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 08:39 PM
Someone is butt hurt.

SicEmBaylor
3/6/2011, 09:20 PM

1) The fact that you think the vet would owe you for your mom's bad ticker

2) Job, do you have one?

1. No. I was merely pissed that the vet's lies put such stress on both my parents that either one of them could have had a heart attack or stroke as a result.

2. Nope, is that any of your f'in business? For that matter, is any of this your f'n business?

3. Nope, she's in OK with my aunt and grandmother waiting for my father to get out of rehab.

4. I appreciate you taking a thread about a ****ty vet and turning it into some sort of condemnation on my life in order to make a point on how pathetic I am. Congratulations! You did a great job. I hope you're satisfied and now that you've made your point would you mind finding someone else's balls to bust? Thanks.

StoopTroup
3/6/2011, 09:29 PM
My Wife and I are thinking of renewing our vows after 20 years. Would you be my Maid of Honor?

btk108
3/6/2011, 09:31 PM
My Wife and I are thinking of renewing our vows after 20 years. Would you be my Maid of Honor?

Does your girlfriend know about this?